• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expedition Level 5 Feedback Thread

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
You've been waiting, and now its here! Guild expedition level 5! Read all about it here and leave your feedback below!

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Was the balancing of the Zacatzontli Statue fixed? I have been following the Beta thread and multiple people mentioned that it is worthless because it costs more goods than it saves. Has this been fixed?

Forwandert

Major-General
Note: as we're still working out the details of the new balancing, the rewards above might still change.

That sounds like it's not ready for release and Inno needed more guinea pigs for the testing. It's either tested in beta and all balancing is done or its not ready and should still be in beta. It's almost like the wording hasn't been added for a test but it should. Getting flashbacks to pvp testing.

Swapping to defence after 11 years of attack boost being the priority is ridiculous. City defence had never been worth anything especially after the space ages where released and no defence worked at all in the hood so why swap to defence that requires demolishing half you city to complete or spending 1000s of goods on negotiating?

At the same time the rewards of 1-4 have been nerfed (not adjusted, nerfed) so many changed to fragments, why would anybody want to focus time on even 1-5 now when gbg gives better rewards and cities are already set up for it? There's only TOR left that makes it useful and some BP for that have been removed.

With the swap to defence and lvl 5 being taken into account on the GE league tables any guilds with excellent GE stats that still want to focus on those are either now going to forcing their players to compete in lvl 5 or kick them out. If they force players they will have a reduction in available goods for gbg due to negotiations as ive not heard of anyone finishing with defence only so why would they?

Lvl 5 does not have any bearing on the current game its not 'fresh' or a 'new concept' it's something created completely out of the standard play of the game. Might as well had lvl 5 being a completely different game either solitare or mahjong, minesweeper, sudoku as they would all fit in as well as lvl 5 does.

Konec

Private
I always love the way youre able to explain smth completely nerfing as smth what all have been waiting for... If only you got the balls to explain the only real reason for this..you want players to buy diamonds for real money, thats why it dissapear from whole GE...

MooingCat

Private
I'm a bit confused by the announcement. It's a direct copy from Beta, but the beta announcement isn't up to date anymore. The level 1-4 rebalance mentioned has already been implemented on beta, so surely that will come together with everything else. The selection kit information is also out of date.

I don't see any release date either, so is it being released this week, or is this announcement premature?

I mostly play GE for the ToR relics and for the diamond rewards and sometimes to get some Space Carrier negs done. Most of the GE building rewards are used as AD fodder.
My city is built for battle and provides a high attack boost. I'm definitely not going to rebuild it into a a defence and goods city just to be able to collect more AD fodder from GE5.

Ev4ma

Captain
Utterly Delightful, changes that suck. Funnily enough that's what the majority of changes are now. We spent a lot of time building up our attack stats, but now inno wants us to build up defense stats, just for level 5? Oh, and inno nerfed rewards from the other levels, like we won't be able to get diamonds from lower GE levels anymore. Yeah, I don't think any of us want that to happen, but alas it did.

People complained on beta didn't they? But inno didn't listen.

Sure the rewards from level 5 are nice, but they aren't worth building up my defense stats over. Personally I would boycott level 5, but do our voices even matter to inno?

Last edited:

MooingCat

Private
For the most part I like the balance changes in GE1-4, the amount of FPs, Goods and Units have increased, and the new selection kits give roughly the same number of buildings, but with increased flexibility of selection kits. **However**, there are two big exceptions.

1) Number of diamonds have been more or less cut in half, from around 161 to 81 diamonds per week on average. It also doesn't help that in practice GE5 will require diamonds for extra turns. 2) The time it takes to get a FoY has been increased from 4.35 weeks to 16(!) weeks on average, and the time it takes to get FoY shrink has been increased from 2 to 16(!) weeks on average. That's a x3.68 and x8 increase, respectively.

It's clear why, they want to limit free diamonds, but as a player I strongly dislike this. It's one of the main remaining ways of getting free diamonds, at a time where diamonds are worth increasingly less as more cash-only features are added. I think a great way to incentivise players to play GE5 would be to add additional diamonds to the rewards, for example a big diamond reward at the final encounter. I think that's something more players would be willing to work towards.

Hawkery

Private
April fools is on April 1 and not April 3rd -_-
InnoGames has yet again not listened to community feedback (Beta).
They haven't even checked if it's theoretically possible to finish both GE4 and GE5 by fighting >> spoiler: it's not.
We simply don't have enough space (expansions) to fill both with bonuses for attacking army and city defense.
Every age needs about 5-6 (depends on the age) expansions extra to be able to theoretically have enough: that means only fill with attacking army and city defense bonus buildings, nothing else.
So yeah, good job Inno :)

I am shocked to see this on live markets after almost no testing in beta and especially after so many negative feedback. I am at a loss for words, this will be a big fail and just proves how feedback we give is absolutely meaningless and futile. Big dissapontment

Davele

Private
The L1 to L4 rebalance will hurt GE.
When I was new to the game, the motivation to strive for Level 4 was the opportunity to get the upgrades for Face, Sun & T Farm. GE was the only way you could obtain those special buildings.
If I can get the upgrades in level 1, the allure of L4 is gone.
Similarly, the benefit of 2nd half of Level 3 & 4 was the diamonds & FP bonuses. That was a vital source until you were strong enough to auto-battle in GbG. It seems that is marginalised for the junior players.
So what is left? The Fountain of Youth, was just a wishing well. Good in a Diamond Farm but otherwise a bad idea.
The Ritual Flame might be good now but previously not.
The L5 buildings are very appealing. But are they worth turning you city upside down, & making every other part of your city less productive?
Probably not. The Forgotten Temple gives a 50% boost. But you will probably need to get rid of 2 big event buildings to build the GB's & other defense buildings to get it.
The net result is likely your city will be worse off.

DJ of BA

Master Corporal
Well as usual, INNO totally ignore the feedback given by the Beta testers but also the live players who are the ones Inno relies on for their income and decide to go ahead despite evidence that the majority do not want it as is, I for one will be ignoring it and will be advising the members of my guild to do likewise, if no one plays it, Inno will either have to change it or remove it, it things don't change for the better, this is another long term player they have lost

Knight of ICE

hope Ice has his fire fighting gear as it is going to be bedlam in here later in the week

I can totally understand why people get upset with this so as long as it is within the rules and on topic I will allow you to vent.

I have read the explanation on the difficulty on beta.

One of the main objectives of this new level is to add content to the game, able to provide a real challenge. This is why we shaped it around defense bonuses and why it is meant to be very difficult to complete right now.

With the inclusion of upcoming new sources and the strategic use of those, you will be able to gradually improve your defense bonuses over the course of the coming months. It is meant to be a marathon and not a sprint.
We really want to provide you more memorable experiences in Forge of Empires and this is one step in that direction.

To me that says there is no way they will ever come back on this. If they would, they would have to adjust future plans. I just wonder, if they are coming up with new buildings with a high defence boost, they will also provide the space to put them on. I seriously doubt that. As a player I really do not see how this will provide more memorable experiences. Game has already developed to a point where it has become impossible to play all parts so I simply ignore the parts I do not like.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Just looks awful and another feature of the game I will not entertain, may as well call it a day after 7 years, not the same game i downloaded from the App Store all those years ago, shame because my guild members are really fantastic people who I’ve helped along there journey and invested my time with them to help make them stronger players..oh well it was fun for a while….