• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expedition Level 5 Feedback Thread

It's extra clicks. Quite a lot of companies track clicks as it gives them an idea of engagement with the various parts of games/Websites etc.

The higher the amount of clicks means higher engagement.
Yes, but if you add a lot of unneeded clicks to a game (as they do with FoE) you get a distorted engagement statistic. But maybe that's the point. Looks good in competition with other game companies who get less (fake) clicks.

Do I have 4 choices, or do I have 2? Treasure Chests brought to you by the department of redundancy department. Also I'm seeing a lot less extra turns as prizes, none on GE lvl 4, which will cause people to have to spend a lot more medals, and of course there's a lot less diamonds offered as prizes. Why did they have to change all of the levels in order to add a 5th level??

1681425685185.png

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Do I have 4 choices, or do I have 2? Treasure Chests brought to you by the department of redundancy department. Also I'm seeing a lot less extra turns as prizes, none on GE lvl 4, which will cause people to have to spend a lot more medals, and of course there's a lot less diamonds offered as prizes. Why did they have to change all of the levels in order to add a 5th level??
Similar case with chest 13 on level 3 - except 25 previous age goods, and 40 goods.
Yes, this has certainly been well designed and thought through - at least for a half second.

Emberguard

Legend

View attachment 24833

It’s a visual bug.

I had 150 of the 30% defense boosts. I used 80 of them to finish the first 10 encounters. On the 11th encounter I died. I used the remaining seventy of my 30% Def boosts for a total of 150 of them and still could not defeat the 11th encounter. If they're going to make a GE level 5 they should at least make it possible! My Attack/def is 197/5140 and the enemy is 727/727. In order to win that fight, I would need to increase my defense boost to 12,359 (17 times what the enemy attack is!!) Who has a defense boost of 12,359?! So I used all 150 of my 30% defense boosts, so this was my last attempt at GE level 5, i'm done.

Last edited:

pharl

Corporal
Just finished L4 GE - zero diamonds. Average weekly diamonds previously from 4 worlds was around 630 per week. This week zero so far. I tried L5 last week, but not this week. I really don't see the point of GE any more. (But hey, I've got pages and pages of fragments in the inventory!!).
It's been nerfed and fragmented to extinction.

I had 150 of the 30% defense boosts. I used 80 of them to finish the first 10 encounters. On the 11th encounter I died. I used the remaining seventy of my 30% Def boosts for a total of 150 of them and still could not defeat the 11th encounter. If they're going to make a GE level 5 they should at least make it possible! My Attack/def is 197/5140 and the enemy is 727/727. In order to win that fight, I would need to increase my defense boost to 12,359 (17 times what the enemy attack is!!) Who has a defense boost of 12,359?! So I used all 150 of my 30% defense boosts, so this was my last attempt at GE level 5, i'm done.
I also don't think these boosts are worth it, it costs way too much! I could have paid to reduce my negotiations by 5 goods. Each negotiation costs 65 goods on the 12th encounter. In order to put that building down, the cost is 240 goods. I'm going to pay 240 goods to save me 5 goods each time. The first round I do 5 picks, that's 325 goods. 2nd round I had to do another 5 picks, so another 325 goods. 3rd round, again 5 picks, 325 goods. 4th round 3 picks, so 195 goods, 5th round 10 diamonds and 2 picks, 130 goods. It cost me 1300 goods total for one round. I had to take one extra turn with 10 diamonds, and made 20 picks in total. For those 20 picks I would have saved a grand total of 100 goods, but it would have cost me 240 goods. Make it make sense!!

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
How about a way to consume blue potions more than 1 at a time? Like when you open chests and have more than 1, you can pick how many to open. Since we need to consume multiple blue potions every week it's getting silly opening inventory over and over to consume them one at a time. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't close out the inventory after each one used. That might also fix it, just keep the inventory open when doing any boost consumption so that we can keep using them to get our boost up the 600% it needs to counter the ridiculous percentages on the last encounters. I'd still prefer a rebalance to the last 5 encounters but at least don't make me click 100 times to use the 30 potions I have to consume.

The Tavern defender boost 10%/20%/30% for 24/48/72 hours is ridiculously low and lasts ridiculously long, completely out of scale with the modern game (tavern was released at the end of 2016... and the boosts haven't changed since then.) The tavern's defender boost is nonsensical/unusable as it is. Now that there's a game element that uses defense in GE, that should get rebalanced ASAP.

I am finishing GE 5 with 15 hours to go, and I bought some attempts for medals along the way. As usual with the patchwork-quilt style of updates to this game, additions are not thought out as to what else they effect, like timing issues and rebalancing the other mechanics in the game that relate to the new thing. (i.e. Tavern boosts or the mechanics around consuming blue potions...)

So let's say you login every morning, do your 8 GE encounters, login in every evening, do your 8 GE encounters, this way of doing 2 logins per day you can complete 1 level per day. But now there are 5 levels and GE only runs for 6 days. There is not much margin for error or missing any of those logins. Some of the "win attempts" rewards have been removed, when actually there probably should have been some more "win attempts" added.

An easy solution would be increase the attempts bar to hold more than 8, like increase it to hold 10 attempts (or maybe even 12.) Assuming 2 logins a day x 10 attempts, in 4 days an active player would have 80 attempts and the margin of error for RL busy days is better. I mean most people don't even want to do this new level 5 so you're probably not getting a lot of feedback to this effect :P but even if we accept what has been done to GE, it's sloppy.

Last edited:

Deleted member 127677

GE5 was long awaited and has been a completely missed opportunity for developers to actually create some new and much needed buzz about the game. Removing victory towers was long overdue, thank you. But instead of upgrading prizes properly, and making the overall prize pool desirable, you came up with - fragments? Of what were already outdated buildings? Good move. There were hundreds of negative posts and suggestions given on beta for how level 5 could be improved before it was released on live but unsurprisingly, the only tweaks were to difficulties in lower eras and then it was rushed through. Another genius move. Did you learn nothing from the Pvp Arena take 1?
Level 5 is an abomination, going against how the game has been developed for the nearly 6 years I have been playing. A gradual shift and considered development would have been welcome, maybe with some better prizes also in level 5 that might have made it interesting and worth giving some space in a city for. As is, it’s something a few in last eras can fight, most can’t and won’t, since the elephant in the room, that other abomination of 24/7 10 of 14 days clickfest Gbg has not been adequately addressed. My guild opens level 5 for those who want to do it, nobody is required to, and the interest in trying dropped by 50% from the first week. This is a game where so many pieces are now broken, players are choosing to focus on one or another they maybe still enjoy, some just log in to check on the friends they’ve made over the years. Turn this around properly please, make it right and do it fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shad23

Emperor
GE5 was long awaited and has been a completely missed opportunity for developers to actually create some new and much needed buzz about the game. Removing victory towers was long overdue, thank you. But instead of upgrading prizes properly, and making the overall prize pool desirable, you came up with - fragments? Of what were already outdated buildings? Good move. There were hundreds of negative posts and suggestions given on beta for how level 5 could be improved before it was released on live but unsurprisingly, the only tweaks were to difficulties in lower eras and then it was rushed through. Another genius move. Did you learn nothing from the Pvp Arena take 1?
Level 5 is an abomination, going against how the game has been developed for the nearly 6 years I have been playing. A gradual shift and considered development would have been welcome, maybe with some better prizes also in level 5 that might have made it interesting and worth giving some space in a city for. As is, it’s something a few in last eras can fight, most can’t and won’t, since the elephant in the room, that other abomination of 24/7 10 of 14 days clickfest Gbg has not been adequately addressed. My guild opens level 5 for those who want to do it, nobody is required to, and the interest in trying dropped by 50% from the first week. This is a game where so many pieces are now broken, players are choosing to focus on one or another they maybe still enjoy, some just log in to check on the friends they’ve made over the years. Turn this around properly please, make it right and do it fast.
exactly my opinion but i seem to get my posts deleated so just liking posts lately

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
So can we take it that GE5 in it's current format is here to stay, and as per usual complaints ignored
Feedback is forwarded to developers (so moderators assure us many times) but the communication is a bit of a one-way street as comments go to them, but responses coming back don't really happen, until there is an official announcement of some kind of update. It has always been like that.

My guess (and I know nothing... lol) is that they will let GE run for at least one 4 week cycle before re-evaluating, it takes 4 weeks to earn the main building(s) and until folks have had a chance to try to earn that and make a judgement about continuing, there's not likely to be much happening.

Even for something universally hated like the poor placement of the Heal All button, it took months and months before it moved, I'm not going to dig up the timing but it was 4-6 months for moving a simple button placement. Right or wrong, changes don't happen quickly.

Knight of ICE

Feedback is forwarded to developers (so moderators assure us many times) but the communication is a bit of a one-way street as comments go to them, but responses coming back don't really happen, until there is an official announcement of some kind of update. It has always been like that.

I do not completely agree with you. Don't say it is perfect, but during a Q&A on Facebook, you do get answers.