• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expedition Level 5 Feedback Thread

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I do not completely agree with you. Don't say it is perfect, but during a Q&A on Facebook, you do get answers.
OK, I ignore that Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram exist. But those are websites run by 3rd parties, not Innogames forum itself? Funny how you need a third party to get interaction with the game -- the FORUM is a one way street then.

kayjaydee

Private
Feedback is forwarded to developers (so moderators assure us many times) but the communication is a bit of a one-way street as comments go to them, but responses coming back don't really happen, until there is an official announcement of some kind of update. It has always been like that.

My guess (and I know nothing... lol) is that they will let GE run for at least one 4 week cycle before re-evaluating, it takes 4 weeks to earn the main building(s) and until folks have had a chance to try to earn that and make a judgement about continuing, there's not likely to be much happening.

Even for something universally hated like the poor placement of the Heal All button, it took months and months before it moved, I'm not going to dig up the timing but it was 4-6 months for moving a simple button placement. Right or wrong, changes don't happen quickly.
Changes should happen quicker if they were serious about taking players' comments/complaints into account. They just hoping it all goes away and they can do what they want.

So the only way to get answers is on Facebook or other social media platform,no point having a forum then is there?

Knight of ICE

Off topic posts removed. May I remind everyone that this is a feedback thread for lvl 5. Not a discussion thread for how you feel Inno should respond to your feedback, or how the forum should function. I have said at the start I would allow you to vent, so I have left posts that were not completely on topic, but it now has become an endless repetition of those comments and they have nothing to do with GE level 5. All feedback on GE level 5 will be forwarded. It is up to the devs how and if they will respond to it. I can understand why people are not happy with GE level 5, but it is not allowed to impose derogations upon the company of Innogames, nor any of its products or personnel, so that has to stop.

Candoo*

Private
I totally agree with the responses here, I'm not really happy that the chance to win diamonds has been replaced with fragments of items that are only of use to trade in the auction house. It's a big disappointment and level 5 almost impossible if you haven't got a really strong defending army. Take level five away and give us the chance to win diamonds again - thanks.

Candoo*

Private
I am changing the name of my inventory to the fragmentory ..... GE is ruined its a kick in the wotnots from Foe why would you want to collect fragments for things you never wanted to collect whole ?
All in all very disappointing.
Original levels should of been left the way they were and level 5 same format just tougher.
Well said! I love that quote 'for things we never wanted to collect whole' - so true!

DJ of BA

Sergeant
don't given them ideas
Ideas, the Devs don't know what the word means, this could have been a really great experience, sadly its the same boring mechanics that is really frustrating players, there are some who might like the challenge until they are bancrupt of goods or their cities a complete mess, I did complete L5, last week, will take me a month to regain the goods I used, its uneconomical, unsustainable and not worth the rewards, whole Guild is boycotting L5 this week

Malynn

Corporal
I must be one of the very few who actually likes the new level 5. It was stated from the outset that level 5 would not be easy, most of us will have neglected our defensive army in favour of our attacking army. Other than the occasional auto battle if our city was attacked or auto battles in the PvP arena, our defensive army was neglected and unemployed. Now, to play level 5 we have to use that neglected army to try and win some battles and because it is not easy and a challenge many players don’t like it. Inno are addressing this through new event buildings providing boosts for defensive armies. It will take time though to play through the events and obtain the event buildings. Nothing happens overnight.
The same goes for the new buildings, the new buildings seem to be pretty cool but because players can’t get them immediately, they don’t like them. Personally I’m happy to collect the fragments and eventually erect the building. The whole concept of FoE is; that it is a game played over many months and years, and gradually building up our cities. Those who want everything immediately are playing the wrong game. The rebalancing of the rewards in levels 1-4 is also much better.

My only criticisms would be:
Goods Needed for negotiations are a bit on the high side and need reducing.
Temple Relics appear to have been nerfed, they are appearing much less frequently on all levels of GE than they used to prior to the introduction of level 5.
There was a comment made earlier in the thread about someone renaming their inventory, the fragmentary. It would be nice if we could have all fragments of buildings and items under a different tab or a method of selecting/deselecting fragments in our inventories in the same way we can select/unselect locked items. Inventories are starting to look cluttered with all the fragments.

Last edited:

Deleted member 127677

Temple Relics appear to have been nerfed, they are appearing much less frequently on all levels of GE than they used to prior to the introduction of level 5.
Not true. I have been tracking ToR rewards since the end of December, for another purpose. The percentage amount will be lower than what your ToR indicates, that has always been true, but there is no dip from before GE5 was introduced (so far). Might have been a good opportunity for devs to improve the rewards of those relics or even introduce a 'rare' or 'diamond' relic in GE5 (you guessed it, with diamonds) to make up for the nerf of diamond rewards elsewhere, but perhaps there are only so many opportunities they can miss.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
The same goes for the new buildings, the new buildings seem to be pretty cool but because players can’t get them immediately, they don’t like them. Personally I’m happy to collect the fragments and eventually erect the building. The whole concept of FoE is; that it is a game played over many months and years, and gradually building up our cities. Those who want everything immediately are playing the wrong game.
Couldn't agree more.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
... because it is not easy and a challenge many players don’t like it. Inno are addressing this through new event buildings providing boosts for defensive armies. It will take time though to play through the events and obtain the event buildings. Nothing happens overnight.
The same goes for the new buildings, the new buildings seem to be pretty cool but because players can’t get them immediately, they don’t like them. Personally I’m happy to collect the fragments ...
It is understandable that being provided a challenge is a shock to the system of players who only know the game post-2019. The conveyor belt of items and power creep sped up to a point the kind of progress that used to take years can now be done in months... and for those who only know that side of the game and not the kind of slow, patient city building we had prior to that, this GE update is producing whiplash. Innogames made their own game too easy (Antiques with multiple copies of attack boost buildings and free attrition in battlegrounds being the top 2) and now they're trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube by providing things that can't even be done with the current released items and fragmenting everything to make it take longer.

There are 2 main issues with that. I'm not a fan of game content that isn't possible when released. They did the same thing with GE level 4 actually, at the time GE 4 was released it was too hard to complete without a ton of goods and diamonds, the top attack boost in the game was about 150% and you needed at least twice that to even make a real try at GE level 4. My guild didn't do it for 6 months, but eventually when more was released in the game we were able to do it, and from then on we did it every week. Do I think that's good design to release stuff into the game 6 months before it's actually a viable feature? NO. Because what are we supposed to do with it for those 6 months? Try giving a child half a toy on Christmas morning and see how happy they are to get the other half so they can actually play it 6 months later.

Issue 2, the fragmenting of everything. We understood when it required 100s of fragments to assemble statue of honor and etc. from Battlegrounds, it's meant to be a long term goal, but the GBG rewards don't expire at least. And what about fragments of a boost potion? fragments of a store building? fragments of a 30 min rush? These are just auxiliary support items in the game, how's that deserving of being fragmented? What's long term about saving up and working toward a 1-time use item that lasts less than a day? And as for the main GE prize that takes 4 weeks to assemble and then expires in exactly 4 weeks - it's the tight timeline that's offensive. As other have pointed out, if you want to keep an active copy of that GE temple, you can't take 1 week off.

The fragmenting of everything makes the game feel more like a treadmill than a challenge. This is the same problem with all the unobtainable/wait 6 months golden upgrades in the event rewards. Innogames haven't got any better ideas for how to increase the difficulty/strategy again (after making it too easy for 4 years) than just add a bunch of time delays with fragments, or make things unattainable, or make you pay to get it. But making people wait for time (or PAY for time) isn't adding playability or strategy to the game, it just adds waiting time. How you like waiting in line for anything, like at the store? Standing in lines and waiting is fun, right? LOL. And if you don't want to wait, you can pay money to skip the line.
<sarcasm> I wonder why people aren't happier about all this? <sarcasm>

Last edited:
Spending all this goods for darn fragments. When I think it can't get worse Inno comes with their innovative solutions and features and manages to disprove me yet again. GE was all about diamonds and it was like that for at least 6 long years I play this. Now some new people come in and wreck it completely. And not just that, where in the world did anyone see defensive stats being used to execute attacks? This is mad, who comes up with this things?

Itsu

Private
Add to all of the previous that the fragments that adds up in level 5 gives us attack force. So when you build them you're wasting another valuable space for defend buildings... What a sarcastic decision is it?

Malynn

Corporal
where in the world did anyone see defensive stats being used to execute attacks? This is mad, who comes up with this things?
Because the concept of level 5 is that players are defending each outpost (or whatever they are called), not attacking them as in levels 1-4. Therefore defensive armies are used. Yes the mechanics of fighting are the same but with the addition of being able to build fortifications.

Knight of ICE

Because the concept of level 5 is that players are defending each outpost (or whatever they are called), not attacking them as in levels 1-4. Therefore defensive armies are used. Yes the mechanics of fighting are the same but with the addition of being able to build fortifications.

Defensive armies are used, but we are still attacking with them, not defending, so the concept is flawed.

Merihim

Private
I have a small town in LMA. Attack units 719/589. City Defender 265/361. I thought my city was well balanced. Sufficient attack for GE, BGB and PvP Arena. Also a good defense that 10-20 players can beat in my world.
I started playing level 5 on GE.

After level 72 things start to get brutal. Defense at level 80 is 880/880. There is no player who can beat this in LMA as well as developing your city. No fortifications can help you. All that remains is negotiations. I will not comment on the ridiculous awards

"We really want to bring you more memorable experiences in Forge of Empires and expand the use of different mechanics we already have in the game."
INNO's quote sounds ridiculous since I only have one way to get past level 80 on GE.

But this is not defending... It is for all intent and purposes attacking mechanics regardless of how they call it. Changing a name of something doesn't make it any different from what it is.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
But this is not defending... It is for all intent and purposes attacking mechanics regardless of how they call it. Changing a name of something doesn't make it any different from what it is.
Yes it's just changing the name, but real change would require effort and re-coding. What we got is just a new coat of paint (graphics) for Ge level 5, swap red stats for blue stats and call it something new, and done.

It could have been interesting with a new defender mechanic, like playing from the right side as the actual defender and defending in multiple waves, against multiple waves of attackers, could make it feel like an actual siege defense. If there were 3 waves of attackers, you as the defender could bring in up to 4 more units between each wave, in effect making it 2 defending armies versus 3 attacking. Any number of good ideas for truly new mechanics were posted earlier by L84Dnr as well.

L84Dnr

Private
OK, 3 weeks in and here's your feedback Inno:

On the first week of GE 5 three of the four guilds that I'm in gave it a go. The fourth was far too junior.
Last week only two of my guilds opened GE 5.
This week only one guild opened GE 5 and they're a pretty competitive bunch. Even in that world, players finishing GE 5 is down to less than half of what it was the first week.

GE participation overall has collapsed. In just two weeks it's down 67% in my competitive guilds. If this was a stock market crash people would be exiting by the 20th floor windows. Taking 1st place has become laughably easy as it has become unlikely to be matched up with a guild doing much more than a few percent participation. Similarly, completion of level 4 is down and the number of players not attempting any GE has risen dramatically.

Turns out that no grand boycott was needed. Players simply aren't swallowing this rubbish.

Somebody tell the marketing droids who cooked this up to check their aggregate data, because the players have spoken and this "upgrade" is killing GE.

Malynn

Corporal
Question:
The Forgotten Temple once built is active for 28 days and cannot be returned to the inventory. Can I confirm however, that once it becomes inactive it can be removed (deleted) from our cities?

Knight of ICE

Question:
The Forgotten Temple once built is active for 28 days and cannot be returned to the inventory. Can I confirm however, that once it becomes inactive it can be removed (deleted) from our cities?

This is a feedback thread. Questions you should ask on another part of the forum. The town hall is the only building that can not be sold.