• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

What on earth is wrong with the game..the attrition stats are there one minute and gone the next ..and then back again then gone again ..same as the attrition signs on sectors ..
I never thought I would actually be saying this but I really miss the old GBG..this new one is devisive ..crap for smaller guilds and glitchy as hell

Last edited:

Kev-

Private
What in earth is wrong with the game..the attrition stats are there one minute and gone the next ..and then back again then gone again ..same as the attrition signs on sectors ..
I never thought I would actually be saying this but I really miss the old GBG..this new one is devisive ..crap for smaller guilds and glitchy as hell
Quote "I really miss the old GBG..this new one is devisive ..crap for smaller guilds"

There's a whole lot of people could be smug and say they told them so........ people have been warning since the idea was broached this was going to make the strong stronger and weak weaker but what do we know we just play the game.
As it happens this round for us has thus far been enjoyable and good fun. Sod all to do with Inno changes just that we happened to be matched with two other Guilds that are capable of taking the map and a couple more capable of at least taking a little of the map. Take note Inno stop tinkering your just alienating the guys that pay your wages especially the completely random allocation of attrition that to say the least sucks and give us what we've all been asking for all along a matching system that is fit for purpose!

RoyalBob

Private
I've commented before, and believe me I am not at all smug about feeling that I've been proved right. These changes have not stopped the farming at all, they seem to have intensified it. As I've said, I'm in a guild of 3 members and we've just stepped up into diamond. There are three guilds in the current GBG with two of them having 80 members and one having 72. We can't take a sector as one of the two 80 member teams attacks to within one point of completion and then swaps it with the other 80 member guild whenever we attempt to move out of our base. As they have built fortified buildings all around us we have to fight additional points up to around 240. It's a complete waste of a very high amount of goods to place home sector buildings. When we attempt to break out from base the last point is taken on our target sector and we are rebuffed. The 50% of attacks that remain are further reduced on the next occasion that the other 80 member guild takes over.
For all of the small guilds except a very few with members with points up in the billions, it's a complete waste of time and effort. The large guilds are getting the fragments and the majority of rewards and points, making them stronger and stronger, and utterly unbalancing the game in their favour. What were you thinking Inno? You gave this a 4 week trial in Beta and you seem to think that this tiny experiment accurately illustrates how the game will play for the majority of players? How many of us have the opportunity to spend our entire day sitting watching the map and waiting for the rare chance to actually get a few fights or negotiations done? I am really struggling to keep my comments civil as, for me, you've turned what was probably one of the very best games online into an utter farce. The only thing that keeps me playing at the moment is the responsibility I feel towards the members of the guilds I've founded, and the money that I've spent to play the game. Scrap this ridiculous league winner idea and its unbalancing new building, balance the guilds in each league more fairly so that guilds with 80 members get to play against 7 other guilds with 60+ members. Limit the number of sectors that each guild can take within a set period by setting a max amount of 6, 8, 10 or 12 sectors inside a 12 or 24 hour period to reduce the constant farming by the big guilds. Play test your changes properly, over a six month period in Beta and actually listen to what those who actually play the game say. Reduce the number of fragmentary prizes - our inventories are turning into complete dogs dinners! Yes, I know we can delete them but who knows which buildings are going to be needed in future months? Please! Listen to your players!

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
I've commented before, and believe me I am not at all smug about feeling that I've been proved right. These changes have not stopped the farming at all, they seem to have intensified it. As I've said, I'm in a guild of 3 members and we've just stepped up into diamond. There are three guilds in the current GBG with two of them having 80 members and one having 72. We can't take a sector as one of the two 80 member teams attacks to within one point of completion and then swaps it with the other 80 member guild whenever we attempt to move out of our base. As they have built fortified buildings all around us we have to fight additional points up to around 240. It's a complete waste of a very high amount of goods to place home sector buildings. When we attempt to break out from base the last point is taken on our target sector and we are rebuffed. The 50% of attacks that remain are further reduced on the next occasion that the other 80 member guild takes over.
For all of the small guilds except a very few with members with points up in the billions, it's a complete waste of time and effort. The large guilds are getting the fragments and the majority of rewards and points, making them stronger and stronger, and utterly unbalancing the game in their favour. What were you thinking Inno? You gave this a 4 week trial in Beta and you seem to think that this tiny experiment accurately illustrates how the game will play for the majority of players? How many of us have the opportunity to spend our entire day sitting watching the map and waiting for the rare chance to actually get a few fights or negotiations done? I am really struggling to keep my comments civil as, for me, you've turned what was probably one of the very best games online into an utter farce. The only thing that keeps me playing at the moment is the responsibility I feel towards the members of the guilds I've founded, and the money that I've spent to play the game. Scrap this ridiculous league winner idea and its unbalancing new building, balance the guilds in each league more fairly so that guilds with 80 members get to play against 7 other guilds with 60+ members. Limit the number of sectors that each guild can take within a set period by setting a max amount of 6, 8, 10 or 12 sectors inside a 12 or 24 hour period to reduce the constant farming by the big guilds. Play test your changes properly, over a six month period in Beta and actually listen to what those who actually play the game say. Reduce the number of fragmentary prizes - our inventories are turning into complete dogs dinners! Yes, I know we can delete them but who knows which buildings are going to be needed in future months? Please! Listen to your players!
I totally agree, time to get a grip on reality and implement something that 'Actually' works for once :(

Vesiger

Monarch
balance the guilds in each league more fairly so that guilds with 80 members get to play against 7 other guilds with 60+ members.
As people keep saying, the number of members is a red herring - guilds need to be ranked according to their competitive ability, not according to their size. If a guild with three members can win as many league points as a guild with sixty, then they are clearly well matched.

Deleted member 127677

the attrition stats are there one minute and gone the next ..and then back again then gone again ..same as the attrition signs on sectors ..
I echo the question. What on earth is going on and why wasn’t it fixed already? The major new change for about 6 months, and suddenly the flagship new ranking system is gone from mobile? (ironic applause for effort ) I have appreciated the way I can keep track of both my guildies’ efforts and how the competitors in the championship are doing, so please bring this back asap.

As I've said, I'm in a guild of 3 members and we've just stepped up into diamond. There are three guilds in the current GBG with two of them having 80 members and one having 72. We can't take a sector as one of the two 80 member teams attacks to within one point of completion and then swaps it with the other 80 member guild whenever we attempt to move out of our base. As they have built fortified buildings all around us we have to fight additional points up to around 240. It's
Forgive me for pointing out the obvious, but your are literally out of your league. I’m not sure that ‘stepped up’ is the issue, more like you were promoted from a league which should likewise be more competitive and balanced. Three guilds with 70+ members will do more on the map than you will be able to at any point, if all their members are active. Even guilds of 60, 40 or 20 members will do more. Whether they are holding to swap or simply for time advantage is something none of us can know. I doubt they are trying to block anyone, judging by the past three maps I have seen in our world and the current one. If it’s highly competitive between the best guilds in your world, maybe.

am really struggling to keep my comments civil as, for me, you've turned what was probably one of the very best games online into an utter farce.
It has been pointed out to a lot of people already, but Gbg is not the game. For me, the change to Gbg has made what was utterly boring and pointless a lot of the time, into something properly competitive and interesting. The farce is that uncompetitive guilds get promoted to the top league in the first place, and that they can deliberately drop down for - what seems to be the main reason - ‘better opportunities to fight and rewards’ to quote just one recent exchange.

balance the guilds in each league more fairly so that guilds with 80 members get to play against 7 other guilds with 60+ members.
It’s not a question of how many members each guild has but how many members are doing something. As Vesiger is pointing out above and many people have said on the previous pages too. My current board has guilds of 5-80 members, my own guild is 77 members. The 5-member guild is outperforming all bar two, and the 80-member guild is 4th. It’s always a reflection of what others are doing on the board and how interested their members are. But you can’t task developers with finding out who in any guild is of that inclination.

Limit the number of sectors that each guild can take within a set period by setting a max amount of 6, 8, 10 or 12 sectors inside a 12 or 24 hour period to reduce the constant farming by the big guilds.
Novel idea, but for what purpose? So you can also farm a couple of sectors? It’s a competition, it’s not meant to be there for you to farm either.

Play test your changes properly,
Amen to that. The EN server seems to have become the new testing server, or perhaps all live servers are now.

Reduce the number of fragmentary prizes - our inventories are turning into complete dogs dinners! Yes, I know we can delete them but who knows which buildings are going to be needed in future months?
I completely agree with the need to reduce the fragments. And the half impossible task to keep track of fragments. However, I would rather get rid of them altogether, and not save them for some future effort when they might come in handy. That has to do with the golden levels of prizes and is another discussion altogether. Saving stuff for a year for the potential it might come in handy then is nonsense. Most cities will be full of high performing buildings by next year, the shelf life of most golden level buildings and even a few event buildings of late is a couple of months. Prioritise what you want to build and focus on that.

Conteck

Private
I'm new to this forum, and I don't have hours to go back an read what has been posted already about these changes.
So here are my views...

My guild isn't very interested in the GBG. We have been hovering on the Gold/Platinum border, and interest has been lost to the point that I think we are about to place bottom in the Gold League of the current session. Given that the prizes we have been getting in recent sessions have been pathetic I'm not too sure why we should bother with the GBG at all.

Personally I have a Statue of Honour at level 8 and a few roads. I don't have space for an Elephant. The GBG fragments I win are of zero value to me. I need consumables like One Ups or even plain ordinary goods and forge points. Diamonds are always welcome of course.

My Guild do generally place well in the GE and the concept of the winners of the GBG getting special previleges in the GE seem very worrying to me.

Why should the folk who stitch up the GBG to the point that there is nothing we can do to place in it also get to stitch up the GE too? There seems no good reason to link the two to me.

If such linkage is felt to be necessary then surely there should be feedback from the GE to the GBG. The low level GE relics and treasures are only fit to sell anyway so why not change them to artifacts and relics which help you win in the GBG?

I suggest that level 1 GE should yield relics which help you win in the Gold league, level 2 helps you win in the Platinum League etc.

I think that the GBG, and/or whatever will replace the GvG, needs to encompas the sad truth of asymetric warfare. The bigger and more powerful your guild, the more vulnerable you are to the little guy popping up with cheap one-shots which do totally disproportionate damge for the price. See that $4million main battle tank? My $400 drone just blew it to pieces. That gives the people at the bottom of the heap something to do.

Anyway as things stand I think this might just be the begining of the end of my interest in FoE. The GvG never did anything, GBG has been devalued to the point where there is no prize worth the effort of fighting for and it seems the GE is about to go the same route.

Maikeru

Private
Week 9 of the new style GBG

And now we can finally provide what I would call adequate feedback. We have all had time to test it and give it a go and my findings are not going to go down well but I am not here to appease everyone I am though hoping that this is taken on board to save the game.

New GBG options to fight are great no more farming.

More of a team game than ever before love this very much,

Everyone has better chances to get stuck in.

TOC and TG both worthy and welcomed additional buildings but I do have to wonder are they worth what we lost? I don’t think so personally.

Dislikes

Diamond spends on buildings are outrageous. You do realize that you are asking folks to pay for diamonds at the rate of £5 for 2 virtual buildings, right?

No flow its as slow and stale as it gets. Let us fight at pace with speed and enjoyment of beating bells out of each other win or lose. Now I am not saying take away the new numbers oh no we like those I am saying reduce it a little though so we can actually all have more flow say about 20 hits area I think will do it per sector. Its slightly overcooked atm for flow if you ask me.

Costs of buildings. So many guilds cannot afford it and sustain for the pace so how exactly did this even the playing field to all if the guilds that our trying to get involved cannot afford the buy in in the first place?

Goodies reduction. And before you say you have not tweaked a player’s ability to gain fp goods troops and so forth my challenge to that is simple. Tell me how come I can do close to the same numbers I was doing before then but gaining less in rewards? While it should not be all about rewards granted you cannot take away a none stop flow of goodies to drip feed it to pittance and expect us all to buy it.

Speed. You know the best part about GBG was a race win or lose no matter what right. Same with GVG that was the thrill and enjoyment the unknown of victory or defeat who has the most who can click the fastest and so forth. Inno why you took away our Ferrari’s and gave us all e scooters?

The verdict

GBG while atm is working for many it is going to get boring repetitive and I truly believe folks will stop playing it again in due course. I do like a lot about the new style game but the fact still remains that there are not enough guilds who can and will. There are not enough who are going to be interested in the long run and it will be no different to what it was by Christmas/Easter is my view. It did/does need a change but a tournament style with some other types of maps, 1v1, elimination and so forth. And no, I am not going to format it as a suggestion because you asked. If you want it in a specific format how about you go create a form to do so. Honestly makes me laugh and I have to wonder how many great ideas have gone from this alone lol. Anyway, not going into that.

The verdict is in it is a lot of good change but it won’t last if anything it will end up worse than it was unless you find a way to cross server battle with the fighter guilds, overall tournament and to see who the best is etc. over a period of say 6 months then repeat and repeat and so forth.

Oh and please note to all this is just what I see and my opinion I do not disagree with the changes and the need I do however see what it will eventually do and am just stating the obvious in the hope that they will actually do something to save a part of the game we all enjoy and love before the game dies a death.

Vesiger

Monarch
Costs of buildings. So many guilds cannot afford it and sustain for the pace so how exactly did this even the playing field to all if the guilds that our trying to get involved cannot afford the buy in in the first place?
Diamond spends on buildings are outrageous. You do realize that you are asking folks to pay for diamonds at the rate of £5 for 2 virtual buildings, right?
I think the whole point of these changes was to discourage people from automatically constructing and insta-completing buildings on every available slot - and from what I've seen it seems to be working. Guilds that were previously building instant siege camps in every sector they took are now leaving sectors empty and making strategic decisions as to where it is most worth building, and whether it is vitally important to complete a building or worth waiting a couple of hours.

Last edited:

Conteck

Private
The two were already linked before these changes to GBG.

How can others "stitch up" GE, when in the end it is an individual effort?

Perhaps I didn't phrase that as well as I could.

The final placing in GE is the sum of the guild members' efforts. All the memebers of a guild who have placed highly in the GBG will score higher in the GE than they otherwise would have done, therefore the reward for winning in the GBG is to win in the GE too.

The GE is superior to GBG in that you cannot be boxed in and left with nowhere to go, but part of the point of these things is that they are not "indiidual efforts". As things stand right now, guild which gets nowhere in the GBG can rank quite highly in the GE. Once these new changes work their way through, those guilds who win in the top leagues of the GBG will dominate the GE table too. Is this not the point of the changes?

Once you are a clear loser in a competition before the contest even starts, what is the point in entering?
If you are a clear loser in all the competitions before the contests even start, what is the point of logging in?

Logging into the GBG for the first time and seeing one guild has already captured the entire map is totally demoralising. Been there: not interested in playing that sort of game. If you insist that the GE is going to become equally unwinable by a lesser guild then I will lose interest in that too.

You may be maximising the revenue in the short term. I buy diamonds very rarely indeed so you won't lose much money by driving me from the game.

But surely you still need the lower layers of your player pyramid.

Chilliwilli

Private
All I see happening now is lower diamond league guilds are banding together, My own guild have now had to do this, and we have combined with two other lower diamond league guilds to form one super guild. This offsets the huge costs and makes GBG more productive. So if it was Inno's idea to cut the amount of active guilds its working very well.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Ah, well truth is I've never seen one of those.

Glad to hear it exists.
Quite normal as you need to finish GE5 on a very regular base to put one of those up and that's something extremely uncommon in gold league. I don't recall to have ever seen one from a Gold or low plat GBG player on P-server. I'm not even convinced that there are that many low to mid golds that can actually open GE5 to start with.

1) Increase your guild size with power players.
2) Increase your Battle stats so you can compete.
3) Stop worrying about the large guilds.

You made it into diamond league - Great - with the points shown, you will might be able to stay in diamond league.

The fact is if you can't make it in diamond league, you just aren't powerful enough as a guild to compete in it.

Those that are whining are those that think they should be able to acquire something they are not able to.

It is a Trophy - trophies are won by winners. Forget about all of those consolation trophies you received in school just for being there - WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD - where excellence and hard work are rewarded not given to those that are just there!

RoyalBob

Private
In response to Arch1e, I'm not looking for arguments with fellow players. I'm sure that being in a guild of 77 you'll have a different experience. My comments are directed at Inno more than at any players or guilds.
My thoughts on limiting the amount of sectors a guild can conquer within a set time period is just an idea that may prevent the 80 member guilds from filling the map at the start and passing the sectors between each other every 4 hours, denying the other guilds a chance to earn a reasonable number of awards.
Yes we are only 3 players and have moved up into diamond, but that's because my two compatriots are hard working and good fighters, thanks to their combat scores from their very high level GBs. I fall short of their efforts personally, but I try my best to compliment their efforts. In lower leagues the lure of fragments for the new building don't yet exist, so those guild members who either don't have time to commit to GBG or just are not bothered with the constant clicking have little additional reasons to put all their time and effort into the sub-game. That is how we find ourselves in Diamond.
As the biggest guilds are monopolising the GBG Diamond League and getting the fragments it will lead to them being stronger across the entire game, which is where it starts to unbalance the game for the other leagues.
We may be out of our league, as you so kindly pointed out, but we got here by fighting our way through a platinum league. Are we supposed to 'throw the game' and allow ourselves to be beaten down to 3rd or 4th position so that we don't get automatically promoted? That kind of spoils the fun and the reason for taking part in a 'competitive' sub-game.

RoyalBob

Private
Hi also to TheKingOfKool, The first point is worth considering, and we are doing so. However we do like a small guild that doesn't have the grief and hassle and drama of a big guild.
Your second point is also valid and as I've just posted above, my two co-members are strong fighters - I'm working towards it.
Your third point seems to inform me that you haven't read my comments properly, or may have misunderstood them?

Giving informed feedback as to how the game is playing for guilds similar to the one I am in isn't 'whining'. this is a forum for feedback and comments on gameplay. Finally, there's no need to shout. And this is a game, not the real world, and games are generally enjoyed more when they are played on a balanced and level playing field.

Conteck

Private
Quite normal as you need to finish GE5 on a very regular base to put one of those up and that's something extremely uncommon in gold league. I don't recall to have ever seen one from a Gold or low plat GBG player on P-server. I'm not even convinced that there are that many low to mid golds that can actually open GE5 to start with.
I've only entered Level 3 once and got trashed in the first few encounters. We have a couple of members who go there. I have never opened Level 4.