• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Knight of ICE

Huh? We are now launching a new Gbg, new prizes, exclusive Diamond league systems, and you are comparing it to what went before? ‘Win 5 out of 6 seasons and you get level 2’, they shout, and that should be an extra incentive to actually compete and win. But according to you, it doesn’t matter that those who fought high diamond league boards and didn’t win have a lesser chance to get even level 1 of said building, than a guild that isn’t strong enough to even stay in that tier? So, when the 2nd and 3rd placed guilds maybe lose the next round too, and have absolutely no chance at getting that building, they will just keep competing? Is that your assessment. It’s not mine.

New GBG, new prizes, but the ratio has not changed. Winning a lower diamond league always gave the same as winning a top diamond league . Nobody has made an issue of that before. Nobody labelled that as a reason for stopping to compete. One building now suddenly is? My assesment is that players compete for the prizes they get during the season, not the ones at the end of the season.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
None of the old rewards were exclusive to Diamond League, while the new Building is - that is the difference. Previousy the rewards for Platinum and Diamond were the same only, the quantity in Platinum was lower. Now some rewards are exclusive to the Diamond League, so it actually matters what sort of opponents you will get (at least if you care about the new building).

Deleted member 127677

New GBG, new prizes, but the ratio has not changed. Winning a lower diamond league always gave the same as winning a top diamond league . Nobody has made an issue of that before. Nobody labelled that as a reason for stopping to compete. One building now suddenly is? My assesment is that players compete for the prizes they get during the season, not the ones at the end of the season.
We will see. I think competing for a win needs to be incentivised, after everything that has been going on with Gbg in the past years, and if the incentive is then changed, or there is an easier way of achieving it, without wasting goods or troops, it would not be far fetched to expect a much higher percentage of guilds opting for that. It seemed that there was a desire to get Gbg to be a competition, guild against guild. When you throw in a new factor, such as, a weaker guild getting ranked higher because it didn’t even have a competition in a weaker league, and then add to it that it gets a better prize than one that did compete and faced off in the higher league, you may quickly see that people deem the experiment a failure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 127677

None of the old rewards were exclusive to Diamond League, while the new Building is - that is the difference. Previousy the rewards for Platinum and Diamond were the same only, the quantity in Platinum was lower. Now some rewards are exclusive to the Diamond League, so it actually matters what sort of opponents you will get (at least if you care about the new building).
Quite.

Knight of ICE

None of the old rewards were exclusive to Diamond League, while the new Building is - that is the difference.

That's the difference for now.

Previousy the rewards for Platinum and Diamond were the same only, the quantity in Platinum was lower.

Yes, in Platinum they were lower and in Diamond they were the same for a league with all 1000lp and a league with all 950lp and that is what he only now deems as not fair.

Now some rewards are exclusive to the Diamond League, so it actually matters what sort of opponents you will get (at least if you care about the new building).

Nothing has changed within Diamond league on that point. Guilds that won in Platinum did not get any of the fragments of the new building and some will jump to the top of Diamond with little chance of ending in the top 3 next season, so still no fragments.

When you throw in a new factor, such as, a weaker guild getting ranked higher because it didn’t even have a competition in a weaker league, and then add to it that it gets a better prize than one that did compete and faced off in the higher league, you may quickly see that people deem the experiment a failure.

Let me quote someone for you to answer that

There is no way to fix up a league that does everything for everyone or just something for one or two guilds.

Some rewards were exclusive only to plat and diamond, quote - "so it actually matters what sort of opponents you will get"! You forgot to mention the lower leagues - gold and below Did Not get what the Plat and Dia received. Was that unfair?

How is anything different - you want something you can't attain - that is how it's different - lol

It is quite amazing with some of the long-winded remarks trying to justify why inno should changes the rules so that some of the whiners can get something they don't qualify for - too bad!

1) Get in a guild that can do the diamond league battles; give up your guild if necessary.
2) Recruit battle champs into your guild - if you can. Probably unlikely or you would.
3) Get stronger and get your guild mates stronger so that you can compete for the new stuff!

If none of these will work for you why should inno do anything to satisfy your hunger for what you can't obtain?

Like I said before - many thanks' to inno for the changes - they were a long time coming!

And, as soon as the guild treasuries are depleted, many guilds Will be in the category they belong in - Plat, Gold, or even Silver - GOOD

Deleted member 127677

Yes, in Platinum they were lower and in Diamond they were the same for a league with all 1000lp and a league with all 950lp and that is what he only now deems as not fair.
I didn’t say anything about fairness. I said that it is skewed. The building is a new prize, it should be obtainable by those who compete in the higher tier more easily (or with bigger opportunity, if that is clearer) than those who don’t compete at that level. Pure and simple.

I also think you are trying to jumble up quotes from me addressing two different things. One is, people who complain that they are mismatched and should get matched with guilds that are their equals. The other is pretty simple, I spelled it out once more above.

Knight of ICE

The building is a new prize, it should be obtainable by those who compete in the higher tier more easily (or with bigger opportunity, if that is clearer) than those who don’t compete at that level. Pure and simple.

Why this building? Why not the Great Elephant or the Statue of Honor? Those were also new prizes at the start of GBG. You never saw that as a problem. This is how prizes have been rewarded since the start of GBG and now that is skewed as you like to call it. Why not say something then? Maybe that would have mattered now.

Vesiger

Monarch
the only reason anyone can farm is because in each match up there tends to be one or two larger Guilds along with lower tier Guilds the reason why the two larger Guilds end up swapping sectors rather than fighting is because there is no other worthwhile competition.
But guilds don't farm because there is no worthwhile competition. They swap sectors so that their individual members can get more rewards from winning battles - losing a sector and then retaking it doesn't benefit the guild, but allows the members of both guilds to profit personally from fighting repeatedly over the same territory.

Nidwin

Sergeant
But guilds don't farm because there is no worthwhile competition. They swap sectors so that their individual members can get more rewards from winning battles - losing a sector and then retaking it doesn't benefit the guild, but allows the members of both guilds to profit personally from fighting repeatedly over the same territory.
That's not accurate and only valid for a small amount of players from Zerg Guilds. There are many reasons to set up a swap zone/sectors especially when the battleground is already settled at the top. Zergs zerg so whatever but for top players detail matters including keeping what's alive in a battleground running. I do or try to setup a swap sector or two so I can still continue to have a normal amount of daily fights without disturbing ongoing battles for spot 3/4/5 and to give the other top guild in the battleground sectors for their members to do their daily fights/negotiations.
I like the drops, like everyone, but that's not the main reason, far from, that I'll continue to fight till Sunday afternoon. For me I would even say that the amount of player ranking points >>> any drops from fighting and we all know how screwed up that ranking is. And I do respect my opponents so the least I can do is to show them respect by putting up fights, even swaps, till the end.

dorocill

Corporal
The Forgotten Temple shows 140% battle bonus increase for both attacking and defending armies. The question is where are the defending armies in Battlegrounds? This defending bonus does not even show in the town hall bonus overview. Can someone please clarify?

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
The Forgotten Temple shows 140% battle bonus increase for both attacking and defending armies. The question is where are the defending armies in Battlegrounds? This defending bonus does not even show in the town hall bonus overview. Can someone please clarify?

If you read the spoiler in the announcement that's all the info anyone here has.

Deleted member 127677

Why this building? Why not the Great Elephant or the Statue of Honor? Those were also new prizes at the start of GBG. You never saw that as a problem. This is how prizes have been rewarded since the start of GBG and now that is skewed as you like to call it. Why not say something then? Maybe that would have mattered now.
Quite apart from not having had a forum account when those buildings and mechanics were launched, so never commented, that is a different thing altogether. And you know it. You keep talking about how players took advantage and thwarted the intended mechanics of this feature. Here I am as a player telling you what I see as unworkable in the long run of the feature as currently devised and how it will play out for quite a few guilds. I have explained exactly what this new problem looks like, and how it will play out. I am doing so again. Focus on that please, and maybe try to engage with the argument at hand rather than the feature such as it was anno dazumal.

I would think the difference is obvious. Everyone got elephant fragments, through playing the feature. You got more if your guild scored high, but you were not going to get none irrespective. Fine. In this case, there is an end of season building which you cannot get in any other but by ending 1-3 in diamond league. But you can get it easier by playing the easier part of the league, and getting those positions there. Rather than playing the by every measure available more competitive part of the league. So, guilds that really are strong, can compete but maybe didn’t win, find that their members get nothing, because they strived to stay in 1000 league points. Guilds that yoyo between 1000 lps and lower diamond, but are strong enough to win that lower part, will get more frags, and their members will get what at least I perceive as an unfair advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nidwin

Sergeant
I'm a bit sad although with the removal of the cheap buildings as they were always a funny aspect of Silver and low Gold guilds. Will never forget the defense around the villa (low gold guild) base +1. The villa did last the entire battleground after it was put up Saturday morning.

May be not the villa but if there's some room left give the Silvers and Gold their blue flag and that statue that gives 15% more VP back. It's part of Silver and Gold League battlegrounds and often only what those good people's guilds can truly afford.

Emberguard

Legend
Maybe it would not be a bad idea to change all individual rewards to Guild rewards. Gather everything players win during the season and divide that under the members that participated at the end of the season.

So let's say, if all players of a Guild of 20 gather 900 diamonds during the season each get 45. That way, the high active selfish players that wait for the easy opportunities to score, will share with the other players that create those opportunities for them :P

I see no reason to remove individual rewards. Reduce them? Maybe if whatever you're replacing them with is good enough to justify that. But I would much rather still have individual rewards and just tweak the end of season stuff to provide milestone rewards based on member activity.

Vesiger

Monarch
Ranking will correct, but a guild that fought and won in a sub 1000 lp diamond season will also get 3000 fragments of the Tower of Champions, if I understand correctly. So, in 1000 lp diamond, it gets beached, or quite unlikely anything above 5th place, drops down to low diamond again, and wins next season. 3x wins in low diamond = 9000 fragments = level 1 Tower of Champions. 6x 2nd place in high diamond = 6000 fragments, not even level 1 of said tower. Which one of them put in more effort and, by extension, is making the whole idea of a championship worth while? And no, I don’t suggest increasing the number of fragments for 2nd or 3rd, I suggest removing them altogether from anything but 1000 lps.
In any tournament it has always been the case that some teams will get an easier 'draw' than others - it is generally reckoned to even out in the long run.

Nidwin

Sergeant
I see Inno's problem with the matchmaking and why it can't be fixed. Mostly farmers, not PKers. If Inno fixes the matchmaking a lot of farmers won't be able to go farming in the upper league where they actually do not belong. Funny actually but so be it and it also explains Arch1e attitude towards other farmers getting fragments that he consider they should not get.

edit 1
Rephrased as it could have been wrongly understood, English not my first language.

Last edited:

Kev-

Private
Well done Inno cracking match up again a BG full of Guilds that shouldn't be in Diamond the round essentially won in the first hr. So 100% we'll have to pick the strongest of what we've got to choose from and hold sectors farming with then but not through choice.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-12 090154.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-12 090154.png
    216.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot 2023-10-12 090241.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-12 090241.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 73

Deleted member 127677

Well done Inno cracking match up again a BG full of Guilds that shouldn't be in Diamond the round essentially won in the first hr. So 100% we'll have to pick the strongest of what we've got to choose from and hold sectors farming with then but not through choice.
Or you know, do what we do. Don’t pick anyone, just sweep the map and let them fight it out after. We have a good map once again, as to all top Gbg guilds in my world. I assume they too will take it as the competition it is. Irrespective what your score is, at least expect them to do something of their own accord.