• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Knight of ICE

No, I’m sure that is as you say, but you did say that what I am saying does not apply to top 5 or top 10 Gbg guilds, while it very much does. The rankings are not reflective. They may be soon, but not for all guilds. You also said that no top x guild can have experienced what I was saying they had, while I just demonstrated to you the obvious case of our number 12, but there are several others below them in the same boat. And several higher ranked (not higher capacity) ones that are also in the same boat with our number 5, they will drop.

There was no number 12 when this started so they could not have experienced anything what you were saying they had. There is a number 12 Guild now so maybe they will experience it and maybe not. It is only after this season that you might or might not see the changes in the top 5, but till that time it does not apply yet. It could apply after a few seasons and it can also go away after a few seasons more. Give it time.

Deleted member 127677

There was no number 12 when this started so they could not have experienced anything what you were saying they had. There is a number 12 Guild now so maybe they will experience it and maybe not. It is only after this season that you might or might not see the changes in the top 5, but till that time, all this is is the gospel according to Arch1e and nothing more. It does not apply yet. It could apply after a few seasons and it can also go away after a few seasons more. Give it time.
How does it go away, exactly? Several guilds yoyo back and forth between low and high dime, the tier 2 = not able to win most of not all their seasons = 1000 league point guilds who end up usually on spots 2-4 in a season, end up with 1) fewer fragments of the championship building than those who win 3 lower dime seasons or the same as those who win 2 lower dime seasons, for absolute certain, and 2) end up with fewer (or no) wins and hence ranked lower, as well, than those who win lower dime a few times. That is the current mechanic. Come back to me in 4 seasons’ time and say it wasn’t correct.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
If they convert them over I'm expecting it to be automatic.

Which is why I'm just keeping what's there, so once that happens (if it happens) then there's still something to convert over
Why it wasn't done already is beyond me, it should have been automatic conversion to new fragments or something as part of the update that changed the fragments in the first place.

Baldwin4

Private
You heard correctly, the changes to GBG will be coming with the next season. Read all about it here, and post any feedback below.
Is there a resource somewhere that describes the rules of the new GBG and how the effect of multiple support buildings are calculated?

Knight of ICE

Is there a resource somewhere that describes the rules of the new GBG and how the effect of multiple support buildings are calculated?

The Announcement and Wiki will tell you. Multiple buildings will give a max of 80% attrition reduction, even if they add up to more than 80.

Knight of ICE

How does it go away, exactly? Several guilds yoyo back and forth between low and high dime, the tier 2 = not able to win most of not all their seasons = 1000 league point guilds who end up usually on spots 2-4 in a season, end up with 1) fewer fragments of the championship building than those who win 3 lower dime seasons or the same as those who win 2 lower dime seasons, for absolute certain, and 2) end up with fewer (or no) wins and hence ranked lower, as well, than those who win lower dime a few times. That is the current mechanic. Come back to me in 4 seasons’ time and say it wasn’t correct.

I am willing to answer you, but I am starting to think that although we post in English we are speaking a total different language and that is causing most arguments between us. We interpret what is said totally different. I did not say it will go away. I said it can go away, so I can not answer how it will go away.

Manuel Laboria

GBG was fundamentally wrong to begin with and nothing will change for the competitive GBG guilds that have built their treasuries and alliances over the past years. They'll just take home the (now more important) win. Unsurprisingly, the most 'active' players from those guilds are now throwing tantrums because their alarms don't go off every 4h for the fake fights. In-guild competition will be less, and that's a great change. It should have never been like that in the first place.

No one wants to fight 24/7 for 11 days over and over. No one who is coordinating GBG loves the endless babysitting of farms and swaps either, but it's less work and less stress than non-stop fighting for this length of time. If pitted against each other, top GBG guilds will and are already continuing to farm ("we help you get the building, you help us get the building") - and why wouldn't they? That's what they've trained their players to do for the past 4 years. Mismatching will continue, there are just too few guilds that actually are well-matched. The new ranking serves either the top GBG guilds or those that yoyo between 'high' and 'low' diamond, deliberately or not. The changes also finally made GvG entirely pointless, admittedly that was a long time coming.

Great ideas, just way way too late... maybe player attrition will solve the problem for those who would not remember pre-GBG 2019 or crazed GBG 2019-2023.

Deleted member 127677

I am willing to answer you, but I am starting to think that although we post in English we are speaking a total different language and that is causing most arguments between us. We interpret what is said totally different. I did not say it will go away. I said it can go away, so I can not answer how it will go away.
I draw a line under it here. I’ve said what I had to say. The feature is now on track to being what it was supposed to be. Some issues need to be addressed and ironed out from next Championship onwards, to prevent frustration and potentially growing disinterest among what I’ve given several names above, competitive guilds who can’t get a break since they are not likely to be willing to drop below 1000 league points. All anyone needs to do is think forward two months with this mechanic, against the background of what they know of their fellow players, and how it will play out on that ranking and the guild pride of some hard fighting guilds.

Vesiger

Monarch
'Lower' diamond league this season, and it's back to sector-swapping "to get more fights" again; the top guild are clearly swapping with the 4th-place, and we (lying second) have just been contacted by the third-placed guild to set up swaps...

Nidwin

Sergeant
'Lower' diamond league this season, and it's back to sector-swapping "to get more fights" again; the top guild are clearly swapping with the 4th-place, and we (lying second) have just been contacted by the third-placed guild to set up swaps...
Saturday morning low/mid plat league and simply business as usual. First spot already taken and a silent fight between DxB and me Bene Gesserit for spot 8. In theory we should be more or less evenly matched as REDCAPS 763 and Bene Gesserit 713 so a differential of 50 as intended and works fine. But this does not reflect reality, it's a fantasy, because the true differential between REDCAPS and DxB is 200/250+ . We need to stop gaining and loosing the amount of actual LP. It needs to be at least halved for everyone for the rankings to start to stabelize so we start to get battleground with proper matchups after a while

Attachments

• GBG1.png
    GBG1.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 47
  • GBG2.png
    GBG2.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 43

harold mouse

Corporal
Your comment was "It is now, based on LP". That is something else then what you are saying now.
Now, as always has been. Obviously I know that. It was always bad. Now it is probably worse because big prizes are given to weaker guilds, while stronger (but not the strongest) will get little chance.
Let's just assume what you would like to hear so bad. I do not play the game, so enlighten me. How do you determine firepower? Is there a firepower ranking? Who are in that top 5?
LP is a rough fire power ranking, except for the cap at 1000 and the ridiculously high LP awards each season. But if you play against the same guilds season after season, then you will hve a pretty good idea of their firepower
Okay, it is becomming less already. I assume that there are two Guilds in the top 2. That seems most logical. Any idea how many 1000LP leaugues there are? How big do you think the chance is those two will be in the same leaugue and not only that, but also keep facing that same Guild you are talking about for it to be the majority of times?

This is given by the ranking table. Three leagues, but some guilds may have less than 1000LPs.

I asked those guilds. They would like to face each other more often but not every time.
Bit of a strange question to ask to someone that does not play the game. Not that it matters. You can not know if match making based on the current ranking will be so much better. It is only something you assume. I on the other hand assume it will not be better, cause the same Guilds will be facing eachother over and over again and in the end the result will be the same. The same Guild will win each time. Strong Guilds stay on top and the same Guilds will yoyo.
In fact the current ranking system has demoted second placed guilds who started the season outside the top 10. Only one guild will stay on top. The rest will yo yo,
meaning the same guilds will not face each other.

The current system is particularly unfair to Guilds who are too strong to yoyo but will not come top of their league. They will be deprived of prizes and always outside the top ten of the rankings because they almost always have to face one of the top guilds in firepower.

That is not possible if match making is based on ranking. Only way to make that possible is if you put in the factor random in as well, but I don't think you would like that.
Match making based on the current ranking table would include a random element. All guilds except the one most powerful would have
the luxury of yoyoing, and the chance to win prizes when in a weaker league.

Nidwin

Sergeant
I would actually start with 75 55 30 15 -15 -30 -55 -75 . The 1 and 2 spot are high enough for new guilds or guilds that have to disband because founders stop playing to get where they belong. And the LP gain win/loss would be high/low enough to still have an artificial LP ranking to create enough diversity in match-ups to avoid facing the same guilds season after season but also good enough, after an x-amount of seasons to avoid 200/250+ true LP differential as it's now the case with the actual system.

The actual system also has a huge negative impact as guilds like me that yoyo every season stack too many guild goods during 1 season nothing and sink and then arrive back where they belong stacked in guild goods.

Knight of ICE

The actual system also has a huge negative impact as guilds like me that yoyo every season stack too many guild goods during 1 season nothing and sink and then arrive back where they belong stacked in guild goods.

I really think "Guilds like you" should not be taken into any consideration. You have chosen to be a one man Guild. Any drawbacks from that you bring on yourself. As far as I am concerned Inno should do the same as they do in Expeditions. Make GBG only available to Guilds with a minimum of 3 qualified members at the start of the competition and if at least one of those qualified members should have taken part in the previous GBG.

Nidwin

Sergeant
I really think "Guilds like you" should not be taken into any consideration. You have chosen to be a one man Guild. Any drawbacks from that you bring on yourself. As far as I am concerned Inno should do the same as they do in Expeditions. Make GBG only available to Guilds with a minimum of 3 qualified members at the start of the competition and if at least one of those qualified members should have taken part in the previous GBG.
I'm fine with that Ice to not be taken into consideration. Unfortunately I'm not compatible in multi players guilds except with players like me and it requires 5+ like me/us for our differences to not clash but to become complementary.

I was just trying to help so will go back into my hole and keep quite, just reading.

Knight of ICE

I was just trying to help so will go back into my hole and keep quite, just reading.

No need for that. Your input on the subject is appreciated. I just think that what you call a negative impact is brought on by yourself and not by the system.

I am just not a fan of one person Guilds. Same as I am not a fan of sister Guilds. I think they have a negative impact on the Game, but that is just my opinion as a player.

DaddyOness

Private
Since diamonds costs vary per province building, the cost should be listed (along with the cost of goods) to better inform players of the possible costs of instantly completing selected buildings.

Knight of ICE

Since diamonds costs vary per province building, the cost should be listed (along with the cost of goods) to better inform players of the possible costs of instantly completing selected buildings.

The total cost of goods is fixed for each province, but goods needed can vary for each Guild based on the era's the players are in. That is what is listed ingame. The mere total of goods and diamonds you need you can find on the Wiki.

I think one of the best suggestions in this feedback has been an option to split the diamond cost to rush buildings. E.g. if the cost is 50 diamonds, you can pay 25 diamonds to cut 50% of the waiting time. Make it possible for 2-3 players to share the cost to rush a building.
Or an option to donate diamonds to the guild treasury and then pay from the treasury.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

I think one of the best suggestions in this feedback has been an option to split the diamond cost to rush buildings. E.g. if the cost is 50 diamonds, you can pay 25 diamonds to cut 50% of the waiting time. Make it possible for 2-3 players to share the cost to rush a building.
Or an option to donate diamonds to the guild treasury and then pay from the treasury.

Maybe an even better or alternative idea would be to reduce the costs when the clock runs down. Say 50 at the start and if built time is 2 hours 25 after one hour. I know that is how it works somewhere else in the game, just can't remember where.

Donating diamonds to the Guild tressury has been proposed several times now and always got more opposition than support.

NoblePaul17

Private
I like the idea presented by others of splitting the cost of buildings , it gives even the smallest member the chance to say " I helped " allowing them the feeling of Guild unity.
However I dont like the idea of "Donateing" to a guild treasury fund, this is open to ambiguity, big fighters paying in alot and others either not paying anything or very little, and this shown in a thread. I'm sure this would cause bad feelings.
One idea could be that the amount (looking at diamond league of 45) is split 20 goes to the guild treasury and 25 to the player, the bigger the fighter is the more he pays per se and it would keep in relationship with smaller fighters.
Now no one knows who put in what and thus no ambiguity is had.
Anyhow just an idea