• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Knight of ICE

Sorry, you called high active players selfish. It's not true and I'll defend those players all day. Just giving my feedback :)

Disagreeing with me on words used is not feedback, but trying to start an argument. I did not call high active players selfish. I talked about high active selfish players. That does not mean all high active players are selfish and you can not deny high active selfish players exist. I did so in a comment adressed to someone that even called those players "the high active SC heroes getting rewarded for being selfish". That's the context I used it in. No problem if you do not like the words used, but do not try to turn it into something it is not.

This is my final request to stick to feedback and not start an argument on how GBG should be played, or how you play it. If you want to discuss that there are already other threads where you can do it. Let's stick to feedback here. That applies to all.

*Neo

Private
i think evryone can agree that the update has not been properly testest it has some great and a lot of bad ideas in general.
speaking about time needed for new GBG it does looks good that it requires a little less time to play it as almost evryone burns atrition and they are kind of free to do something else.
fortunately to even more decrease the needed time for the GBG play i would say that time when sectors locks should increase to 6 or even 8 hours
and the number of hit points needed can increase as well.
curently we do have real proof that biggest guilds can compleetly overtake the whole map and hold it like this so increased hit points maybe to 2x from the current format would solve that problem and let other guilds to do something.

i believe that home base sector should imediatly guarantee 80% attrition decrease from the start without requiring any buildings. And the building slot can simple fully focus on VP increase as it is now (guilds who fight for first place can pay 75k for the fortified guild field camp)
but low guilds fortunately are doomed not to use this very expensive building.

speaking about general price for the whole campaign in T i clearly see that we have not a challenging season where we easily will get position1 and what we do is we play a very relaxed game with not as much buildings and so on. Surprisigly i can say even on a such easy game i could clearly see that our treassury shrinking a lot. Most of our guildmates has lvl 80+ arcs and OBS as well.
There is few bad things speaking about the overal game play if fully established guilds runs out of treasury it does means that the game going to became something like little as possibile spening diamonds in the game as it must be obvious if guild ha no treassury they are not going to diamond those new expensive buildings.

speaking about spenind diamond there was a good sugestion to split the need of diamonds to few parts where it simple can affect the time
for example if building price is 125 and it is 3 hours then it can be splited something like 50 50 25 and for a simple calculation each one can simple shorten the time by 1 hour.

Attrition cap limit 24k i could see in a long run having so much increased attrition cap limit fortunately i dont think that this is made properly.
Iron age players who just played for more than 1 year can simple just jump to FE and can totally broke the new game where theorically 6 players guild can win 6 seasons competition. (to confirm this LDK in EastNagath server probably going to proove it)
i personaly can reach 220 atrition and maybe little more, but the problem there is not really a linnear way how the attrition increasing other side stats after you reach 150. I think that it has to be properly calculated based on the stats players has for example if i have 2x better attack stats then the other player it would be logical that i should be able to make 2x more fights.

i do understand that curent game is not that much in the number of fights but as much how to win it as a guild. But we have played this game for more than 3 years and our understanding is as it is. We all calculating how much fights we are doing and we are not happy when our rewards are shrinked.
to fix it i believe there can be made some kind of a new idea that for example with each reset attrition is converted to somekind of a new reward. Maybe it should be that new champion tower fragments. Logically GBG game runs for 10 atrition resets so for example average player could get 100*10= 1000 fragments of champion tower *6 seasons = 6000 means that average player wont be able to get full fragments set anyway if they wont make to top 3 at least 3 times. At the same time that would make some sense to increase our stats to reach higger attrition number and since it is attrition based reward it would be very fair point for evry member in the guild. No matter you do free hits or expensive ones.

Victory points daily to prizes (guild treassury, FPS, individual goods for players) (something what would make sense to increase Vicotry points as for now if you certain that you will win 1 place there is no real reason to overpay and overplay.)

i think at this point totally remoove free fights was not the best idea in general so my sugestion still would stand that idealy there is 10-30 seconds period when sector opens and there is free hits. That would make sense for each sector having races. GBG success always has been in playing races against other guilds and this new GBG update decreases it.

Last edited:

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
One thing I have noticed is that this round there seem to be more open sectors and so far I have not seen a guild get boxed in and unable to fight. I hope it will stay that way and is not a temporary thing until people get used to the new rules.

Diamond rewards used to be 20 for Platinum and 25 for Diamond, while now it is 35 for Platinum and 45 for Diamond. While the individual amount may be more than before, the frequency sure feels lower, possibly because we now have an extra reward that was not there previously (Coins) in addition to what was already there. But one round is hardly enough to tell for sure.

P.S.:
@KronikPillow You are clearly projecting what you would do in my place, so there is no point continuing this argument. All I am going to say is that 9 out of 14 members have contributed to GbG this round (as well as the previous several rounds), and the remaining five have also had plenty of opportunities, since there is always at least one open sector with just 20% chance to gain Attrition. So everyone gets a fair chance and a lot more than 5% are "benefiting".

If you have more to say to me, send it via PM.

Vesiger

Monarch
Feedback at end of season: we had a great time. Got left behind at the start, fought our way up the hard way from fifth to second place; took the centre sectors a fair few times, as did everyone else, including a brief but sadly shortlived breakout by the guild who were in sixth place at that point. It was pretty much a four way fight, with the ultimate winners holding the lead throughout - they were just that bit stronger on average than everybody else - but getting knocked out of their territory fairly regularly as they were unable to dominate. No chequer boarding, but a fair number of isolated enclaves that got cut off and ultimately fell. On the whole, guilds held a wedge of territory outwards from their base and expanded that, although we spread sideways and were sitting on our stronger neighbours' doorsteps quite a lot of the time, which didn't seem to discommode them much.
Traps and watchtowers were built (and had some effect, as one of our players complained that he had been negotiating against double traps but still took the sector) in addition to the new buildings, which were constructed at all levels experimentally. We might try going for a higher level base building next time, as we started off cautiously with the minimum.

Nidwin

Sergeant
My feedback after first season with the new GBG system.

55k goods spent for 2.2k fights -> 22 sectors taken over the entire season.
This is a drop in fights/sectors taken for the amount of goods spent compared to the previous system where I should have being able to reach 2.7K/3k fights and 27/30 sectors taken in this particular BG. For me this is clearly not a game breaking change especially that we are all in the same boat with reduced possible fights.

While many seem to complain about the goods cost of the buildings for the guild vault, with the introduced change in GbG, for me it didn't change a thing. I was able to put the same amount of attrition reduction and pesky traps as I would have been able to do with the previous system. Less buildings put up but the result remains more or less the same attrition wise.
The change for me although is that the expensive version gives me also extra VP's , up to 100% on a zone for the 60% attrition reduction building. The irony, while the casuals lost their extra VP cheaper buildings I suddenly got extra VP with the new introduced buildings. I like it because it's now me having a head-start in VP's as I'll always be able to put at least a 60% after first sector lock.

All sectors having at least 1 slot is a great change as it helps to lock the outside sectors too at much faster rate and take them back when taken or taken back. I can now have a faster start at day2/day3 but I did loose the ability for a big push day3/day4. I can live with this change and will simply have to adapt my tactics.

And lastly but important too, platinum league is now clearly out of reach as there's simply no way I'll be ever able to compete there. With 80% max attrition reduction 130 fights for a sector is a dead end. But I'm fine in Gold so no big deal, just something I've scratched on my future to do list.

p.s.
Someone on the US forums suggested 90% attrition reduction for Gold League cap. My answer is no, no need and no reason. Gold league may be seen as lesser but we also play by the same rules as the big guys up there in Diamond.

Kev-

Private
Season end feedback

Cost to build a bloody joke which will nodoubt feed back into Inno's bottom line. Less building means less Diamonds and associated revenue.
Attrition change has had a disproportionate effect, hitting small players much harder than established players.
A combination of Attrition and goods costs has again disproportionately effected smaller Guilds more than larger established ones.

So the leveling up has done exactly the opposite to the intention IMO its now impossible for junior players to shoot up through the rankings without paying out huge sums for Gold Event Buildings and small Guilds priced out of competing with the larger Guilds to a greater extent than before the changes. IMO its a lose for everyone including Inno's cashflow.

The numbers don't lie its been the most one-sided round we've ever had. Further the larger Guilds will now be looking at there membership and kicking Juniors who can't contribute sufficiently, replacing them with fighters......... Inno have just set in motion a change which will mean the strong grow stronger and the weak weaker, this won't be a overnight change but will 100% happen and will be the death knell for new blood coming into the game!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-09 091939.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-09 091939.png
    200.4 KB · Views: 77

Voodoo Kert

Private
Since doing multiple repetitive tasks becomes boring and unhealthy, I have a suggestion to how the battle GUI could be optimized.

1: Adding a hospital tab for all the wounded soldiers, surely they have no place in the barracks with only one line of health, it's bad for morale :). The wounded soldiers create a long list of units that need to be scrolled in order to navigate to the desired unit. On a mobile this is a total drag and one of the main reasons I'm not attracted to doing hundreds of battles. Add a tab next to the "show, light, fast..." that shows only the wounded units, that are otherwise hidden in other tabs. This supplements your current change made to display only one icon for each unit type and a number below. Once the tab gets filled with wounded soldiers, we are back to scrolling again, actually just like it was before you implemented the "one icon" change.

2: Replacing the wounded unit with a fresh one would be nice too. Perhaps replace automatically when health goes below X lines. Instead of dragging the units up and down, an "auto refresh" function lets you select when and how to replace a unit that was wounded in battle. When to change the unit should be an option, defined by the damage received, or if the unit gets killed. Replacing it with the exact same unit would be really simple to implement. Replacing it with a different unit would be a can of worms, but perhaps something to consider down the line.

That would be a one click battle I'd like.

For those of you doing a few thousand battles a day, Drinks are on me!!!

Some of the changes I liked some I didt. I like there are no more free attrition hit now on the map. Tho I feel 90% would be better than 80% with the increased amount of fights this aspect seams unbalanced. Cost of some of the buildings seam very high. Only time will tell how manageable this will be for some guilds who are not so blessed with big treasuries.

Deleted member 127677

It’s been amazing to see a return to the proper battle that Gbg was construed as. For my guild, there has been much more interest down the ranks, and while it was never a hugely disproportionate distribution of fights before, it is very visibly more flat now than even in our hardest seasons to date. Strategic thinking and planning have come back to Gbg, I want to do cartwheels, I’m so happy.
The 80% cap on attrition reduction is perfect, there is just enough to give a sufficient number of fights while being able to retain some attrition through the day. Guildies have been told to work on their stats as they matter now more than ever, and being able to do even a few more fights in another season is a clear objective that may provide additional motivation to get there. 80% reduction is also achievable cheaper than the equivalent 3 camps (and a bit) used to be, so this is a good balance of goods cost vs help for fighters.
Diamond costs for instant builds is too high for any individual over time, compared to the rewards given. They should be split into smaller chunks so that different guild members can help out according to ability, and/or so that buildings can be sped up according to how much is needed. If you have 15 minutes to go, paying 125 dimes for something when you need it is crazy, especially if you are looking at getting maybe 90 diamonds a day, if you’re lucky. On the note of diamonds, it doesn’t feel that there is a huge difference to how many you get vs a normal season, My own fight counts actually increased somewhat in this new format, compared to the old, and I don’t feel I was particularly disadvantaged in the amount of dimes I received.
The ranking system and fragment rewards for the championship building needs some tweaking to also account for the league and league points the guild had when their victory was achieved. Of the top 11 guilds in my world that have come out with a victory, some were in lower diamond league and a couple platinum, and clearly had a very easy time, compared to guilds with 1000 league points who may have had significantly bigger vp scores but didn’t win. It will no doubt adjust itself for the ranking, but there is an imbalance here also to how those guilds receive fragments of the new building. Being able to yoyo between 1000 league points and dropping down to lower dime for every second season just means they rank too high for their ability, and also score 3x3000 fragments for the new buildings. This is not fair on the guilds that stay in 1000 league points and maybe score 2nd for 6 seasons, as they end up with just 6x1000 frags, for a potentially much higher goods and troops cost and a much higher level of difficulty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nidwin

Sergeant
Being able to yoyo between 1000 league points and dropping down to lower dime for every second season just means they rank too high for their ability, and also score 3x3000 fragments for the new buildings. This is not fair on the guilds that stay in 1000 league points and maybe score 2nd for 6 seasons, as they also end up with 6x1000 frags, for a potentially much higher goods and troops cost and a much higher level of difficulty.
Inno may actually want to evaluate to, at least, half the amount of LP won or lost at the end of a season in the future. This would reduce the high fluctuation and mismatches in gold, platinum and diamond league, including reducing the yoyo effect you described.

Last edited:

harold mouse

Corporal
I like the changes to GBG, but can Inno also get rid of the awful LP matching system, which produced such dreadful matches in the old GBG, especially in 1000LP where LP is capped? As said above, it will now produce a very unfair system where weaker guilds are promoted over stronger ones, and have greater chance of tower fragments. Surely it would be better if leagues were chosen according to ranking? There would still be a yo-yo effect, but being among much stronger guilds would simply be the price of rewards won from a previous season. The current system is particularly unfair on guilds strong enough to be normally in 1000LP league, but not strong enough to win many Tower fragments..

Vesiger

Monarch
Feedback at end of season: we had a great time. Got left behind at the start, fought our way up the hard way from fifth to second place; took the centre sectors a fair few times, as did everyone else, including a brief but sadly shortlived breakout by the guild who were in sixth place at that point. It was pretty much a four way fight, with the ultimate winners holding the lead throughout - they were just that bit stronger on average than everybody else - but getting knocked out of their territory fairly regularly as they were unable to dominate. No chequer boarding, but a fair number of isolated enclaves that got cut off and ultimately fell. On the whole, guilds held a wedge of territory outwards from their base and expanded that, although we spread sideways and were sitting on our stronger neighbours' doorsteps quite a lot of the time, which didn't seem to discommode them much.
Traps and watchtowers were built (and had some effect, as one of our players complained that he had been negotiating against double traps but still took the sector) in addition to the new buildings, which were constructed at all levels experimentally. We might try going for a higher level base building next time, as we started off cautiously with the minimum.
Further feedback from one of our rivals in this season: "The new format made a huge difference for us as the majority of our members could get into the triple digit fights."

Season end feedback

Cost to build a bloody joke which will nodoubt feed back into Inno's bottom line. Less building means less Diamonds and associated revenue.
Attrition change has had a disproportionate effect, hitting small players much harder than established players.
A combination of Attrition and goods costs has again disproportionately effected smaller Guilds more than larger established ones.

So the leveling up has done exactly the opposite to the intention IMO its now impossible for junior players to shoot up through the rankings without paying out huge sums for Gold Event Buildings and small Guilds priced out of competing with the larger Guilds to a greater extent than before the changes. IMO its a lose for everyone including Inno's cashflow.

The numbers don't lie its been the most one-sided round we've ever had. Further the larger Guilds will now be looking at there membership and kicking Juniors who can't contribute sufficiently, replacing them with fighters......... Inno have just set in motion a change which will mean the strong grow stronger and the weak weaker, this won't be a overnight change but will 100% happen and will be the death knell for new blood coming into the game!
That's completely different from what I see. The scores on our leaderboard are much more evenly spread. More than they used to be before the update.

GBGboard.jpg

Nidwin

Sergeant
The scores on our leaderboard are much more evenly spread.
View attachment 25201
No they aren't and it's in a different way the same picture as Kev's post. One Guild crushed them all and the rest tried to get or farm what they could with number 8 clearly way out of it's league. Kev's is top diamond as Musk is number one on P-server. I could or could have posted my scoreboard, gold league and it would reflect, in a different way again, the same issue. In my BG I ended second 50k less than the guild that won it. But in my battleground it was not 1 but 2 guilds that crushed them all with number 8 being way, way out of their league, nowhere actually. My battleground was already over on Monday evening, sealed spot 1 and 2. Kev's battleground was probably sealed after 1 hour or so I presume.

The matchmaking is fine and kept simple, ocam razor works often well, but the LP gain and loss are out of line for GbG to reach regular balanced battleground in gold/plat/diamond. The matchmaking doesn't take into account the real position (true elo ranking in chess) only the actual fictive league ranking that is falsified by winning or losing way to much league points at the end of the season.

Kev-

Private
No they aren't and it's in a different way the same picture as Kev's post. One Guild crushed them all and the rest tried to get or farm what they could with number 8 clearly way out of it's league. Kev's is top diamond as Musk is number one on P-server. I could or could have posted my scoreboard, gold league and it would reflect, in a different way again, the same issue. In my BG I ended second 50k less than the guild that won it. But in my battleground it was not 1 but 2 guilds that crushed them all with number 8 being way, way out of their league, nowhere actually. My battleground was already over on Monday evening, sealed spot 1 and 2. Kev's battleground was probably sealed after 1 hour or so I presume.

The matchmaking is fine and kept simple, ocam razor works often well, but the LP gain and loss are out of line for GbG to reach regular balanced battleground in gold/plat/diamond. The matchmaking doesn't take into account the real position (true elo ranking in chess) only the actual fictive league ranking that is falsified by winning or losing way to much league points at the end of the season.
And there in lies the problem Inno are not levelling up at all despite the protestations, they're just tinkering to appease the vocal that are out matched and want top Guilds brought down to their level something that wont happen.
This comment from Vesiger said it all "The new format made a huge difference for us as the majority of our members could get into the triple digit fights." No disrespect to him or his Guild but whilst ever guys that are struggling to make 100 fights are matched against Guys that in the main have no issue with triple digit Attrition on a daily basis there is only ever going to be one outcome.
The changes have in fact made made things worse when Guilds are miss-matched, while we have the goods to build smaller Guilds don't have the stocks to compete on the same level. On a individual basis the same less developed players have less capacity than established ones to absorb additional attrition, similarly the increased troop kill is now hurting juniors more than established players that have multiple K of troops sat in reserve.
Certainly our Guild on P server don't want to farm much prefering a out and out battle but we are currently having to farm sectors to other Guilds encouraging them to take them just so we can get a little sector turn over.
The mechanics of the game are not at fault and the new buildings whilst expensive i actually think are an improvement, but whist ever Inno continue to refuse to sort the root cause of the issue which is the abysmal match up process there will be no improvement in fact just the opposite the current changes will encourage the strong to get stronger weak weaker increased use of traps etc which will just make things worse long term.

Please Inno sort out the match up process. As soon as ALL Guilds on the battleground are evenly matched at whatever level copper through to diamond there will be no farming everyone will want a slice of the pie and the only way they'll get it is to go for it........ we've all seen it the odd time there is a decent match up alliances go out of the window and the gloves come off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 127677

This comment from Vesiger said it all "The new format made a huge difference for us as the majority of our members could get into the triple digit fights." No disrespect to him or his Guild but whilst ever guys that are struggling to make 100 fights are matched against Guys that in the main have no issue with triple digit Attrition on a daily basis there is only ever going to be one outcome.
I don’t think it said anything much more than what we saw. We are a top 3 Gbg guild in our world, have been for a long time. But we saw a huge uptake of this format too. Players saying they could get fights *because fights were available when they could play* (and this is the best benefit of stopping the free or almost free attrition), not because they hung around to get fights when available if it was slow, or because they were always available for races. I sadly can’t compare the number of fights to previous seasons as I never paid attention to anything but what was happening on the map and in the season, but we have a respectable number of fights, and beat two strong 1000 lp guilds with similar discrepancy in score as seen by klods. They just weren’t around consistently enough or strongly enough to beat us. Nothing to do with their goods or inability to fight otherwise.

Knight of ICE

Please Inno sort out the match up process. As soon as ALL Guilds on the battleground are evenly matched at whatever level copper through to diamond there will be no farming everyone will want a slice of the pie and the only way they'll get it is to go for it........ we've all seen it the odd time there is a decent match up alliances go out of the window and the gloves come off.

ALL Guilds can not be evenly matched. At best they can be more evenly matched and that is only possible when the farming and alliances stop. You are making this Inno's problem, where the actual problem is as usual caused by the Guilds and the players. You can only blame Inno for being naive not to expect farming and alliances. Players also see what they want to see. There has been one season of GBG and the conclusion is that the #8 Guild is out of their league. Ever considered they maybe want out of that league? Sure, the numbers don't lie, but there are different ways to interpret them and the conclusions you come to are premature.

DaveSA

Private
The good:
It was definitely easier for guilds to get going and all guilds managed a break-out at some stage.

The bad:
Break-outs were short lived for us because we're a mid-tiered guild that relies on low-attrition fighting. The cap definitely hurt us. Other guilds were building fortified guild command posts like SCs so we would often need to take 352 attrition points from a 60% attrition boost to get going.

Unfortunately most of the guilds were spending at an unsustainable rate so we still need to see what it'll be like once guilds treasuries start to run dry.

Building names are overly complicated - it's difficult to communicate and gets confusing when talking about which buildings to build.

The ugly:
The worst bit was that because all the new buildings give more advances required, the dominant guild decided to do tear-downs to force other guilds to take. It meant there was no opportunity to hold a sector and take strategically or in the right timing. The boosts of the buildings are too similar. I'm happy both sets provide attack boost, but only 1 should provide victory points and the other should provide more advances. Either that or removing the building shouldn't result in the sector being taken immediately (if you are already above the new points required), but should rather reduce number of points required to 1.

A side effect of the old GBG was that because fights were limited, you would find a lot of stronger players seeking out second or third tier guilds to get more fights. This is now reversing and we're going to go back to most strong players in a handful of guilds. We've already had 2 strong fighters poached and all strong fighters are getting offers from big guilds. It's going to further increase the gap.

This makes match-making even more important - the easiest fix I can see would be to widen Diamond from 100LP wide to 500/600LP wide. At the moment, if you win in Diamond (and even most of Platinum), you immediately go to 1000 LP and get drawn against top guilds. It shouldn't be that way, if the space were wider (e,g, Diamond being 900LP - 1500LP), then you would fight against weaker diamond guilds, then work up to the top. By giving it a larger band, guilds should naturally filter into their space rather than this cycle of having a good season then being totally outmatched at 1000 LP, falling back down and repeating.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Players also see what they want to see. There has been one season of GBG and the conclusion is that the #8 Guild is out of their league. Ever considered they maybe want out of that league? Sure, the numbers don't lie, but there are different ways to interpret them and the conclusions you come to are premature.
No Ice because this is simply business as usual having #7 #8 out of their league and being crushed in GbG. Quite some stuff was changed in GbG and I and many others like the changes, good changes but it didn't change the end result of a battleground. The strong crushed, out of their league got crushed and in the middle they have to satisfy themselves with what the crushers left.

Saturday I spent more than an hour looking at the situation on P-server gold and platinum leagues and there was not one single surprise. The guilds I would expect to crush crushed and the ones that were way too high were crushed, meanwhile the usual middle that I would expect. Unleashed obliterated their platinum battleground, Cham did the same in their platinum battleground and so on and so on. I truly like the new guild ranking window btw, good job and thanks to Inno for this.

There is also the problem as Kev mentioned, the stronger are going to get stronger, new buildings for the top in diamond and way more Victory Towers for the stronger in lower leagues.
With my 2.2k fights I got half a VT in one season. Winter Event is coming and I'm P2W (a whale), new powerful buildings and more to come I presume next Year. The gap is going to widen while if the matchmaking isn't fixed I'll still face every two season Silvers, low and mid Golds and if I'm lucky 1 or 2 low plats/top golds.