• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Has anybody noticed that most of the 80%-off sectors actually have about 50% support? I've started tracking sectors and support buildings the last few days and most of the time, your attrition increases by 1 with every 5 hits, but this morning I did 120 hits with a 33 attrition increase in a supposedly 80% off sector. This was the same with 3 SC sectors before, nothing had been done about it for years, and now they even removed free sectors while keeping the same bugs. I can reach my maximum attrition using higher-age troops in 80%-off sectors in half an hour and then I don't even have to log in for the rest of the day because there's nothing I can do in GBG. Where's the logic in that?
I've noticed the same thing. I wouldn't say it's most of the 80% off sectors, but definitely some of them. And yes, just like some of the 3 SC sectors of the past.

On another subject - I've never understood why lower leagues pay the same goods for buildings, even though they get proportionally fewer fights. Copper is what, same goods cost but 40 fights compared to 160 in diamond? I'd have thought the costs should be proportionate to the base number of fights, then you might see more participation in guilds in the lower leagues.

Knight of ICE

On another subject - I've never understood why lower leagues pay the same goods for buildings, even though they get proportionally fewer fights. Copper is what, same goods cost but 40 fights compared to 160 in diamond? I'd have thought the costs should be proportionate to the base number of fights, then you might see more participation in guilds in the lower leagues.

Battlegrounds is about taking and holding provinces. Not about getting as much fights as possible. Players have turned it into that. Since it is about taking and holding provinces building costs are related to that, not to the number of fights you want to do.

Battlegrounds is about taking and holding provinces. Not about getting as much fights as possible. Players have turned it into that. Since it is about taking and holding provinces building costs are related to that, not to the number of fights you want to do.
Maybe better rewards for holding provinces as long as possible would encourage the intended purpose of GBG. VP's and a top rank are not enough.

Last edited:

KronikPillow

Sergeant
I will be one of the rare to say that Inno is going in the right direction with this GBG, fights are more evenly spread out across the entire guild instead of spead across 5% of the guild that is highly active ... but, I do have to say, has the guy who decided on goods costs decided to make this game unplayable and to destroy everyone's treasuries within a few seasons cuz Inno is planning to kill the game or what? This season, Lords of War vs FightClub, after 3 days LoW went in to goods saving mode and started avoiding to build anything that would give us more then 80% of attrition reduction, which means that we were not buiding buildings just for VP (yet alone spent diamonds just for VP), and we were not building 3 buildings in a sector that has 3 slots as 1 CP and 1 Improvised CP is enough to get 80% attrition reduction, still .... LoW has spent 571K FE goods, 210K SAJM goods, and 2.5 Million Titan goods with 2.5 days still to go to end of season (that is with 150K daily income in titan from entire guild) .... seriously, where is the logic in this? goods always ask for same type of goods on each sector cuz goods were decided on start of season (this is very bad approach and creates a major dis-balance in treasuries even in the old format, yet alone the new format, this needs to change, goods should randomly rotate every time a sector is taken/loss) and costs should be tripple reduced, or Inno needs to find a way to give us a solution to make this maintainable, because even with the main building reward it will not be maintainable, as guilds actually need to win championships to get it ... which will only be done by a small % of the players in the game ... so, unless Inno decided to end GBG, and to kill the game ... this badly needs to change

Last edited:
I will be one of the rare to say that Inno is going in the right direction with this GBG, fights are more evenly spread out across the entire guild instead of spead across 5% of the guild that is highly active ... but, I do have to say, has the guy who decided on goods costs decided to make this game unplayable and to destroy everyone's treasuries within a few seasons cuz Inno is planning to kill the game or what? This season, Lords of War vs FightClub, after 3 days LoW went in to goods saving mode and started avoiding to build anything that would give us more then 80% of attrition reduction, which means that we were not buiding buildings just for VP (yet alone spent diamonds just for VP), and we were not building 3 buildings in a sector that has 3 slots as 1 CP and 1 Improvised CP is enough to get 80% attrition reduction, still .... LoW has spent 571K FE goods, 210K SAJM goods, and 2.5 Million Titan goods with 2.5 days still to go to end of season (that is with 150K daily income in titan from entire guild) .... seriously, where is the logic in this? goods always ask for same type of goods on each sector cuz goods were decided on start of season (this is very bad approach and creates a major dis-balance in treasuries even in the old format, yet alone the new format, this needs to change, goods should randomly rotate every time a sector is taken/loss) and costs should be tripple reduced, or Inno needs to find a way to give us a solution to make this maintainable, because even with the main building reward it will not be maintainable, as guilds actually need to win championships to get it ... which will only be done by a small % of the players in the game ... so, unless Inno decided to end GBG, and to kill the game ... this badly needs to change
This is exactly what was needed; the endless abuse of siege camps is gone and the cost of the new ones is just right to stop the insane harvesting.

Many thanks' for the changes.

And, the to "farmers" tough - boost your battle stats. There is plenty of new bldgs. to assist in getting your attrition up.

Knight of ICE

Maybe better rewards for holding provinces as long as possible would encourage the intended purpose of GBG. VP's and a top rank are not enough.

Not for individual players, but it is Guild Battlegrounds. VP's and rank are the purpose, not the individual rewards. Those come as an extra bonus, but have become the most important aspect for players. I don't think that is what Inno had in mind. They wanted something similar to GvG, but where the entire Guild could participate. Players hardly care about the Guild aspect. For them it is me, me, me.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
Well, of course! Why would we care about Guild rewards when individual rewards are so much better and easier to get?
ofcourse, why would you care about your guild, when you only care about yourself ... please, people like you are the reason why this game was ruined, and why GBG was broken, because people like you, who only look out for themselves created to many 3 man diamond league guilds just to farm, over-staurating diamond league with guilds who do not even belong in Bronze league ... you know, for players who look out only for themselves in a "guild oriented competitive game" there is a thing called Single Player Games, and coming here to make a statement about how selfish you are, doesn't help your case, it actually helps our (you know, the people who actually play for a team, and look out for the entire guild instead of just themselves at the cost of the entire guild) because this is a multi-player game, oriented on Guild scenarios, like Knight of ICE said (and i can't believe i'm agreeing with him) but this is Guild Battlegrounds ... not Guild Farming-grounds ... If i was you, i would cover my ears in shame and walk away from this conversation, because your only emphasizing your greed, and proving a point that Inno made the right move

Last edited:

KronikPillow

Sergeant
This is exactly what was needed; the endless abuse of siege camps is gone and the cost of the new ones is just right to stop the insane harvesting.

Many thanks' for the changes.

And, the to "farmers" tough - boost your battle stats. There is plenty of new bldgs. to assist in getting your attrition up.
I agree that this is exactly what was needed, but the goods cost do not justify the means, if they want such high goods costs they should change shields to every 8 hours, you have to spend 125 diamonds to make the VP boost's from buildings with VP boosts worth it, otherwise you build the building for 3 hours, get to use the VP boost for 1 hour, and you'v spent 5-14K goods per slot for nothing, the lack of treasury and inability to sustain it (even with 150K daily income in a era like LoW has) will again, kill all competition in GBG, will over-all make less money for Inno as people won't compete, and won't spend diamonds to win because they know their treasury can't afford it, even the biggest strongest highest income guilds are gonna struggle with this, I know LoW is, yet LoW never not once in 3 years of GBG Had a problem with treasury cuz of GBG in the past, as it was maintainable before, even when we took a 500-600K hit, we easily recovered it next season by having a easy one ... that wont be the case with these costs, we can't recover 400K FE goods in 3 days of break between seasons even with 13 players in FE, we can't recover 2.5 milion Titan goods in 3 days break between GBG even with 32 players in Titan, out of which 22 have Arc 2.0 and Obs 100, and the rest have Arc 195% to 199% and Obs 60-100 ...

Inno should either reduce goods costs, or increase shields from 4 to 8 hours, or change goods selection to not be done on start of season only, and instead to be done on every time sector is taken, to make it more random, and more spread across entire treasury instead of crippling every single guild's treasury in 1-2 competitive seasons, treasury that they worked years to build, or make it that 1 season lasts 11 days, and then you have 7 or 10 day break in between so that treasuries can recover

Deleted member 127677

Not for individual players, but it is Guild Battlegrounds. VP's and rank are the purpose, not the individual rewards. Those come as an extra bonus, but have become the most important aspect for players. I don't think that is what Inno had in mind. They wanted something similar to GvG, but where the entire Guild could participate. Players hardly care about the Guild aspect. For them it is me, me, me.
I have to agree with this. The battlegrounds were about the guild, its abilities and capacity. Unlike LoW, my guild went out to build only what we needed to get 80% from the start, only to see the two other main opponents on our map place max buildings on every sector they took, so we responded in kind. That lasted for a couple of days. Now everyone has gone back to 80%, achievable in whichever permutation of 2 buildings. I expect that will become the norm, and you manage your treasury accordingly. We pull daily treasury reports and plan around that. We have never been a goods poor guild, but the discussion around this has made everyone aware of what is possible and the risks surrounding profligacy. Guilds need to monitor themselves. Why should Inno do that for them? So far, I have to say we are hearing no negative voices about Gbg in this format. The only things I can see needing a tweak are the dime costs/options for splitting dimes between guildies, as well as the ranking system if wins in platinum or lower dime league are meant to count for the same as any top spot in high dime league.

Deleted member 127677

Well, of course! Why would we care about Guild rewards when individual rewards are so much better and easier to get?
Because the guild makes it possible for you to get any rewards at all, unless you fight to your max attrition in the lower leagues without buildings, or have a fantastic goods stock to build your own buildings, in which case good for you and it won’t last.

Deleted member 127677

I agree that this is exactly what was needed, but the goods cost do not justify the means, if they want such high goods costs they should change shields to every 8 hours, you have to spend 125 diamonds to make the VP boost's from buildings with VP boosts worth it, otherwise you build the building for 3 hours, get to use the VP boost for 1 hour, and you'v spent 5-14K goods per slot for nothing, the lack of treasury and inability to sustain it (even with 150K daily income in a era like LoW has) will again, kill all competition in GBG, will over-all make less money for Inno as people won't compete, and won't spend diamonds to win because they know their treasury can't afford it, even the biggest strongest highest income guilds are gonna struggle with this, I know LoW is, yet LoW never not once in 3 years of GBG Had a problem with treasury cuz of GBG in the past, as it was maintainable before, even when we took a 500-600K hit, we easily recovered it next season by having a easy one ... that wont be the case with these costs, we can't recover 400K FE goods in 3 days of break between seasons even with 13 players in FE, we can't recover 2.5 milion Titan goods in 3 days break between GBG even with 32 players in Titan, out of which 22 have Arc 2.0 and Obs 100, and the rest have Arc 195% to 199% and Obs 60-100 ...

Inno should either reduce goods costs, or increase shields from 4 to 8 hours, or change goods selection to not be done on start of season only, and instead to be done on every time sector is taken, to make it more random, and more spread across entire treasury instead of crippling every single guild's treasury in 1-2 competitive seasons, treasury that they worked years to build, or make it that 1 season lasts 11 days, and then you have 7 or 10 day break in between so that treasuries can recover
I agree about the shields, they should be either 6 or 8 hours, not just 1 extra hour beyond when the best building is ready. I base that on 2hrs for siege camps in the old format, and also on the dime cost though, not necessarily the goods.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
ofcourse, why would you care about your guild, when you only care about yourself
DO NOT put words in my mouth, when you clearly don't know what you're talking about! I do care about my Guild, which is why in my main world I have Arc, Observatory, AI Core, two current-age SoH, and several other event buildings that contribute to the Guild treasury! There is more I could say, but this isn't the place.

The fact is that holding a sector gtives nothing to the Guild, while fighting for a sector gives the player a chance to earn goods, FP and Diamonds, all of which can be directly or indirectly invested in the Guild. So even from that point of view individual rewards are more valuable.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
DO NOT put words in my mouth, when you clearly don't know what you're talking about! I do care about my Guild, which is why in my main world I have Arc, Observatory, AI Core, two current-age SoH, and several other event buildings that contribute to the Guild treasury! There is more I could say, but this isn't the place.

The fact is that holding a sector gtives nothing to the Guild, while fighting for a sector gives the player a chance to earn goods, FP and Diamonds, all of which can be directly or indirectly invested in the Guild. So even from that point of view individual rewards are more valuable.
You have a Arc, because you built it for yourself, not the guild, nobody builds a Arc for the guild, they build it for themselves to make profit, and convert FP, and make GBs for themselves cheaper, a building is not classified by it's secondary bonus, it's classified by it's main bonus, guilds goods on Arc are just a small bonus and not that really big, 362 of each goods at 2.0 Arc which costs 1.8 million NET FP and I bet that you don't even know what NET FP is ...

You have a Obs because it's mandatory in most guilds, and logical ...

your points, still hold no ground and are pure greed oriented in my POV, obviously and clearly, it is not me who doesn't know what im talking about, as unlike yourself, I actually know what im talking about since I'v successfully ran a top 1 2000 days guild for 6 years, and kept us at the top, and still keeping us at the top ... but that's besides the point ...

let me enlighten your limited POV ...

You say players can get rewards, FP and goods, and units for fighting ... yes, 5% of the players in the entire guild, because the high active SC heroes get rewarded for being selfish and for being highly active (setting alarms to show up for the good sectors), then they walk away from the hard sectors, and let the lesser active ones do the hard work, so ... the lesser active player spends 150 attrition every single day on a 0-2 SC sector for the guild and barely gets any kind of rewards what-so ever because they did what 100-200 fights for it?, while the higher active SC hero who does 20 attrition daily gets 15-20K fights per season and gets all the benefit on the backs of other people in the guild that made it possible for him to have the easy fights by doing the hard work for him ...

in the old format, even when we did "Farming seasons" which we didn't do for the past 1 year as we digest farming and the mentality it has created in the game, Lords of War at best scored 150 000 fights, and the fight spread was like this

90% of fights done by the top 10 out of 70 players, with top 1 scoring 15-20K fights, while top 2 being at 5K fights
8% of the fights done by the top 11-30
2% of the fights done by the rest

New format:
at this given moment, Lords of War have 220 000 fights, because each barracks/CP gives extra advancements, hence there are more fights to be done then before in the same time-frame hence there are actually more rewards to be farmed then before, they just can't be farmed by a selfish individual

at this given moment, the players who never reached top 30 in the past by doing 150 attrition daily, are now in the top 10 of LoW, by doing 150 attrition daily and get approximately the same amount of rewards as the most selfish SC hero who avoided doing hard sectors in the old format.

Fights are more evenly spread across the entire guild, and now instead of 5% of players getting all the rewards off the backs of others, entire guild gets rewards and entire guild is benefiting from it and growing but you as a individual are limited in comparison to before... so the only ones losing out here, are the selfish ones, in this example you, as now, no matter how selfish you are, best you get is 20% attrition reduction, and best you can do is same # of fights as the lowest active player who's gonna solo a sector 1 time a day in 1 go for the guild cuz he doesn't care about the rewards.

the fights spread now is almost even, the top 1 player doesn't have a lot more fights then the top 30-40 player, the gap between top 1 and top 2 is smaller, same like gap between top 10 and top 20+ is smaller

so mate, when you actually run a top 1 2000 days guild, and learn basics of guild management, guild treasury management, and how the game works, and when you learn to look at the bigger picture instead of just your own butt, then come argue with me and tell me I don't know what i'm talking about, becuase nobody's crying about the rewards, except those ones who got the reward off other people's backs and hard work, and other people's treasuries, by being SC heroes, while the ones who were not being interested in GBG exactly because of that mentality, now have a ability to actually play GBG, and get some rewards for themselves for the hard work they do to carry the guild ...

so by your professional expert opinion (since i don't know what im talking about) ... is it better that 5% of your guild gets all the benefit? or that the entire guild shares the benefit? Answer this answer correctly, and i will take back classifying you as part of the problem, otherwise, your exactly what i said, the group of people who were part of the problem of why GBG was broken

Last edited:

KronikPillow

Sergeant
I have to agree with this. The battlegrounds were about the guild, its abilities and capacity. Unlike LoW, my guild went out to build only what we needed to get 80% from the start, only to see the two other main opponents on our map place max buildings on every sector they took, so we responded in kind. That lasted for a couple of days. Now everyone has gone back to 80%, achievable in whichever permutation of 2 buildings. I expect that will become the norm, and you manage your treasury accordingly. We pull daily treasury reports and plan around that. We have never been a goods poor guild, but the discussion around this has made everyone aware of what is possible and the risks surrounding profligacy. Guilds need to monitor themselves. Why should Inno do that for them? So far, I have to say we are hearing no negative voices about Gbg in this format. The only things I can see needing a tweak are the dime costs/options for splitting dimes between guildies, as well as the ranking system if wins in platinum or lower dime league are meant to count for the same as any top spot in high dime league.
I'm not sure what you mean by Unlike LoW, LoW only went full out with CP's on first 2 days, until we realized the logicale that we are spending 14K goods for 80% when we can spend 7.6K for 80% ... we stopped going all out the same moment we realized that ... and we still spent 2 milion titan goods, 271527 FE goods, 280994 goods, 110613 SAJM goods, and we were saving goods and building for 60-80% the entire time excluding the first 2 days, on top of that we have 150K daily income in Titan ... and we are still -954529K in deficit since start of season, so ... 9 days x 150K daily income + 954529 deficit ... almost 2 milion goods and the season is not over yet

KronikPillow

Sergeant
but, despite that I can't emphasize enough that Inno is going in the right direction with this, the costs have effectively destroyed our treasury in a 1v1 in less then 11 days, despite the fact that we have 150K daily income in the effected era, what would I need to do to win in a 2v1 or a 3v1? which are quite common when it comes to Greinfetal and guilds fighting LoW? I'd have to what, buy millions of goods with diamonds to be able to compete?
This time, it will not be SC Heroes who will destroy all competition by leaving guilds to form their 2 man diamond league farming guilds, it will be the goods costs which are unmaintainable even by the biggest and longest standing guilds with the biggest Arcs and Obs in the game ...

for example, we also spent 210K SAAB goods in less then 11 days, where we only have 2 players sitting in the era, it will take them months with their 3K daily guild goods income (and 3K per player is quite nice) to recover the loss of 1 season, 2-3 more seasons like this, and we will be fully depleted in multiple eras, yet we worked for years to get out treasury in the 7 figure number of each type's of goods per era

Deleted member 127677

I'm not sure what you mean by Unlike LoW, LoW only went full out with CP's on first 2 days, until we realized the logicale that we are spending 14K goods for 80% when we can spend 7.6K for 80% ... we stopped going all out the same moment we realized that ... and we still spent 2 milion titan goods, 271527 FE goods, 280994 goods, 110613 SAJM goods, and we were saving goods and building for 60-80% the entire time excluding the first 2 days, on top of that we have 150K daily income in Titan ... and we are still -954529K in deficit since start of season, so ... 9 days x 150K daily income + 954529 deficit ... almost 2 milion goods and the season is not over yet
I read it as you having gone for max buildings from start, nothing else. We didn’t, but decided to do it when we saw our opponents go for that. They kept at it for about 3 days, now we have all settled in for 80% boosts. Our goods spend is significantly lower than yours, not sure what the difference is. Maybe less turnover of sectors, although I counted just under 170k fights for the guild yesterday morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
The taxing of the treasury is exactly what was intended. Those that are saying GbG has been destroyed only want what they had before - endless farming of goodies. I don't see why else the complaints about the goods are happening. When I 1st saw the costs of the new base bldgs., and that it was half of my treasury, I said that is great! That will stop the endless farming and I don't need them to do the battles.

I hope inno leaves it this way so that in time the guilds that don't belong in diamond won't be in diamond. The only guilds that belong in diamond are the ones that can do the battles and don't need the bldgs. to do it! And, that goes for all the other leagues too!

It is not a right that you have battles every 4 hours, or every 6 hours or every 8 hours.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
The taxing of the treasury is exactly what was intended. Those that are saying GbG has been destroyed only want what they had before - endless farming of goodies. I don't see why else the complaints about the goods are happening. When I 1st saw the costs of the new base bldgs., and that it was half of my treasury, I said that is great! That will stop the endless farming and I don't need them to do the battles.

I hope inno leaves it this way so that in time the guilds that don't belong in diamond won't be in diamond. The only guilds that belong in diamond are the ones that can do the battles and don't need the bldgs. to do it! And, that goes for all the other leagues too!

It is not a right that you have battles every 4 hours, or every 6 hours or every 8 hours.
Sorry but i think you haven't read a single post I'v written to the end, cuz I definitely am not one of those who "wants endless farming", I am the one who banned farming in my guild, and made my guild do competitive GBG or silent GBG with no comms with other guilds, just because I digest the idea of farming and the mentality it has created, I was the biggest spokesmen of this change and that Inno needs to change GBG for many years, still, 2 million titan goods, 270K FE, 280K SAAB, and 110K SAJM in 9 days in a 1v1 while we were actually saving goods and were not building in every sector or going above what was needed for 80% is not reasonable, we often have to fight 2v1 3v1 where we have to go all out, and were able to win like that, now, if we go all out, we are dead in less then a week with treasury, and if we don't go all out, we lose the season