• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

gb push discussion *stay civil*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

ecolitan the rule was clarified by Archangel snail on the 12th. I waited 7 days before action was taken. as not only with this rule clarification was posted but also a notice to bring the whole rules for review for all players.

And Mike... yah thats pretty much it. That covers rule 5.

The push rule that Archangel posted covers more of an angle though. But as of right now I am just enforcing rule 5 myself at this time. Archangels clarifications are

2) Playing on a shared connection

Creating a new account or having a friend create a new account or using secondary accounts to give forge points to push another players great building.

We both are explaining different things. I said this before. This may be why there is confusion. Me and him are both talking about the same thing only slightly different. People are thinking they are the same thing so are confused seeing we are giving different information about the same thing....

Rule 5 was always there..... thats what I am enforcing.

His clarifications are the same but more add ons to the rule.

I am not disagreeing with what is being implied or enforced now. However - in that deleted thread players specifically asked what was new about rules/enforcement. The answers were TOTALLY different than what you have given this week.

I get what is being done. I agree that what is being stated this week makes much more sense. But that other thread DID state (not imply) that cross world trading was ok so long as the account was not a dummy account. My only point is for those that thought the change involved what THAT thread stated, having that thread to point to would be fair.

There are two reasons for deleting the thread. First, to remove the confusion that the mods in the thread created about the rule. Agree it was not good. BUT, the confusion was OFFICIAL and all players had so it should be available to players that fit the description I laid out above - if there are any. The second reason is to remove, as "evidence", a defense for players that were trying to play within rules but were given bad advise. Just wondering if the first can be reached without the second here.... It is a fair statement to say that the directives given by the mods in that thread are part of the rules until they are "trumped" by your return.

If, in fact, there are TWO things going on. Then this thread defines cross-world trading of FP and that is fine. But the deleted thread defined pushing ABSENT trading and should stand for that unless those rules changed now too? (see ggryvi above as an example).

DeletedUser10923

Hi,

I think this is my first post in the main forum... I just wanted to say that I have read all of the posts on this thread and am still VERY confused about what may be construed as pushing.

Blacksmith, I appreciate your efforts to explain but I am still confused... I think what is needed is an explicitly worded section on the Ts and Cs - one that would need no further explanation - the current one is far too ambiguous IMHO for novice gamers (I do not know how to correctly interpret the phrase multi or cross-world trading for eg ) and may I politely suggest that efforts to explain/ interpret them are only making the situation worse.

And as other have said, we need a link to the Ts and Cs from the game. It is too easy to be unaware of the changes to Ts and Cs the ingame messages are fallible... and what a sad situation when a GAME has to have incredibly complex Ts and Cs :(

This is the only online game I play (indeed the only game at all I have played since Age if Empires on my PC) so I am concerned my lack of experience is going to count against me in interpreting these rules. And the amount of effort required on trying to understand them is immense!

The particular scenario that concerns me is that I have a main account on Fel where I am co-leading guild and active in donating points to other players etc but also have a second account on Dinegu (opened as another poster said when my main game slowed down considerably) where I am in a guild with a guild mate from Fel who (coincidentally) has opened a second account there. We have been donating points to each other on both worlds but both see the see the Dinegu world as our second world (though I guess this could change - I don't think we have thought very seriously about it)

Are we in breach of the rules? Our intention is not to 'push' but just play normally on both worlds, but less intensively on Dinegu, the second world. I also see some other familiar Fel names there and may or may not donate FPs - and they may or may not donate FPs to me on either world - am I supposed to keep track of these completely spontaneous donations? Or not do it at all? Very complicated :(

I am very uncomfortable with the confusion that has been created, and with the risk of losing GBs. I have no idea of what advise my guild mates - and I have no idea of to what extent they may or may not play on other worlds. I have also made one or 2 friends from outside my neighbourhood during the course of playing and yet now feel that I should be suspicious of friending or interacting with others. This is very sad and for me very much spoils the game.

Another concern... Could it be possible for someone to maliciously push points to me with the intention of having my GB removed? If so, how could I stop them?!!!

I do very much like this game and can only imagine the complexities of designing it (and policing the forums), but I am finding this pushing issue very concerning and sadly feel I am losing confidence on the game :( I really hope something can be done to clear this up once and for all.

Truffle

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

According to my understanding of the latest interpretation of the rules by Blacksmith ("your only bad if you gave fp back in another world according to how the rules are set up.", post #10), this is not punishable. According to the previous interpretation of the rules (in deleted thread), this is one of the deadly sins. According to the official text of the rules, you may do this (no shared connection, no trades involving more than one game world).

there are two rules for that.

1 is rule 5 which you say in referral. Thats strictly cross world donating.

then there is the quotes by the player above you for the rules... thats strictly push for same world rules. There are 2 parts.. which is why I said there was confusion. The rules will be updated tomorrow. We are going to work on them straight till then.

DeletedUser

How does a GB looks like being pushed?

If you check on the donater's town, you will probably find a small area of mud huts. If he's donated quite a few FP's to the GP you are interested in, whilst not definite, he could well be a pusher, so report it and the staff will check.

DeletedUser

For those Archangel Snail let an announcement go on the 12th of February over 7 days ago

Where can I see this announcement?

I asked a guildmate to trade FPs with me on the same server, is this against the rules? (I give him FPs on one server, he gives me FP on the same server).

DeletedUser

What you're not allowed to do with forge points:
a) Trades involving more than one world.
b) Create an account for the sole purpose of donating forge points.

What you are allowed to do:
Pretty much everything else.

All these "Will I get in trouble if...?" questions can be answered by asking yourself, "Am I doing a) or b)?" If the answer is no, then there you go.

DeletedUser

So confusing, I went through the announcement section of the forum and only one thread from Blacksmith about pushing, I didn't find anything from Archangel.

DeletedUser276

he sent an ingame announcement about it on the 12th. It was just an alert that the rules were updated. If you read the rules you will see it Pembar

DeletedUser6603

Some of this I mentioned on the first day, but it was never fully addressed.

all cheating players should be penalized.

No if, ands or buts about it.

Cheating needs to be dealt with swiftly across the board without exception.

You are aware of players using the FP push since the GBs were first introduced.
These players especially should be penalized as they have been gaining in every-way
possible without penalty. Makes little sense to just punish those who didn't "stop" at the
warning. They cheated they get penalized. Otherwise re-instate those players who had
actions taken against them. No room for bias here.

They should not be allowed to continue to "prosper" from their ill-gotten buildings, it puts the entire
community of "honest" players at a great disadvantage.

In essence we the "law abiding" players are being punished every time they gain resources, medals, forge points etc from their wrongfully obtained buildings. This includes those that stopped after the warning. They still have illegitimate buildings assisting them every pvp battle, sector, and any other gain they make is another "slap in the face" to those playing by the rules. Complete retroactive rollback is the only way for this issue to be fairly resolved. It was done for the points structure, it can be implemented here too.

DeletedUser6603

I get what is being done. I agree that what is being stated this week makes much more sense. But that other thread DID state (not imply) that cross world trading was ok so long as the account was not a dummy account. My only point is for those that thought the change involved what THAT thread stated, having that thread to point to would be fair.

There are two reasons for deleting the thread. First, to remove the confusion that the mods in the thread created about the rule. Agree it was not good. BUT, the confusion was OFFICIAL and all players had so it should be available to players that fit the description I laid out above - if there are any. The second reason is to remove, as "evidence", a defense for players that were trying to play within rules but were given bad advise. Just wondering if the first can be reached without the second here.... It is a fair statement to say that the directives given by the mods in that thread are part of the rules until they are "trumped" by your return.

If, in fact, there are TWO things going on. Then this thread defines cross-world trading of FP and that is fine. But the deleted thread defined pushing ABSENT trading and should stand for that unless those rules changed now too? (see ggryvi above as an example).

Agree 100%. It was one of the reasons I replied to this thread so quickly and thoroughly Ecolitan.

DeletedUser

Thanks. But are you sure that that's the latest version? I read through it and didn't read anything about cross world trading.

Edit: Nevermind I see it, this one line "Trades involving more than one game world are also forbidden. ".

DeletedUser

Thanks. But are you sure that that's the latest version? I read through it and didn't read anything about cross world trading.

Hi Pembar,

You can also take a look at this quote:
There are 2 parts.. which is why I said there was confusion. The rules will be updated tomorrow. We are going to work on them straight till then.

DeletedUser

Yeah, it's still awfully confusing though. Why is it under the header "Account trading"?

DeletedUser276

because its accounts that trade :D

Its a catch all rule. Most rules in there are.

DeletedUser

because its accounts that trade :D

Its a catch all rule. Most rules in there are.

Except that in the case where one player on server A trades FPs with a player in server B. There's no account trading at all. The account does not trade, all one player is doing is using his one account to log into server B to donate FPs, vice versa for the other guy.

DeletedUser

Yeah, it's still awfully confusing though. Why is it under the header "Account trading"?
For the same reason why the rule "Having a friend create an account for the sole purpose of donating goods/Forge Points" is in the section "Playing on a shared connection".

DeletedUser276

as ggryvi said. That is also covered in the rules. give them a read..

Status
Not open for further replies.