• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

gb push discussion *stay civil*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser14558

I think that only mods should play this game. You ruin it when you enter GB now you finished with it. So long.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

lol so you didnt like gb... I do an action that takes the gb out and your even madder. This folks is why mods get confused too as well as developers.

DeletedUser6603

After reading all the posts in this thread up to this point I see one serious issue not resolved.

Clearly players were (and possibly still are) "pushing". Some have stopped after a warning

Since you are aware of it, all these players should be penalized. No if, ands or buts
about it.

Cheating is cheating and needs to be dealt with equally across the board without
exception.

Those players, and their accounts are in breach of the rules, and therefore must be made examples of.

Should they be allowed to continue to "prosper" from their ill-gotten buildings, it puts the entire
community of "honest" players at a great disadvantage.

In essence we the "law abiding" players are being punished every time they gain resources, medals, forge points etc from their wrongfully obtained buildings. This includes those that stopped after the warning. They still have illegitimate buildings assisting them every pvp battle, sector, and any other gain they make is another "slap in the face" to those playing by the rules. Complete retroactive rollback is the only way for this issue to be fairly resolved. It was done for the points structure, it can be implemented here too.

DeletedUser276

well I am only one man. I been at this as I said since 8 yesterday morning and its 4:35am right now. I guess I could go a week without sleep.

Oh wallachian... I remembered. I also said to everyone in those threads that things will change soon so I would advise against it. Then Archangel put the announcement up ingame about pushing.

Your talking about what we talked about a month and a bit ago. Every post I said in there was basically... its going to change. Its going to be disallowed soon. Archangels notice was where the line was drawn.

I really need to get to sleep I think.Took me a while for my brain to pick that out of my memories.

Blacksmith said:
It is however frowned upon and we are in the middle of re working the rules so this may change sometime in the near future when the new ingame rules are updated and placed.

This was said on Jan 29. Which clearly outlines when the updated rules are placed things will change.

Also in regards to the cross world fp donations and people trying to use those accounts a little to show activity I gave this response in that thread.
Blacksmith said:
Personally I think its a poor attempt at getting around the system. I have talked to others in my position and we will soon rule this out in the next little bit. There will also probably be coding changes to dissallow this and penalties tantamount to the same as creating multi accounts to push your own great buildings.

actually I will replace the thread so you guys can read through it. one of the mods obviously didnt read my posts in there so said as long as they are active you can cross trade. But since my name is purple my posts trump theirs...

The thread can be found here.

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?11989-Exchanging-FPs-cross-world

DeletedUser

Many of us are now going through our "Friends" lists, and deleting those whom we don't really know, just in case they are a "pusher."

We have no way of knowing if someone is doing this, so it now comes down to the developers setting something up so that we can set our GB donations to Guild Only, like in the trading.

How do you define a "friend". I currently have included in my "friend" list people in my neighbourhood who are allied with our guild. All this complication about pushing FP's is making me tend towards not helping anyone out with their GB. If and when I do get sufficient bp or if I am desperate and would want to buy the bp's with diamonds then I would be hesitant to recieve help from others in case one of them is a pusher. Things have to be clearer.

DeletedUser276

they are clear. You give someone fp in one world your fine. You make a deal to have them give you fp in another world in exchange then your in trouble.

really nothing confusing about that.

DeletedUser7719

Just to be sure I'm doing this right: If I see "someone" is donating to another GB (an EMA GB), and that "someone" is in the BA, can I report him for pushing?

DeletedUser

Just a short question:
I am only active in one world so I am not affected by most of the things mentioned in this thread.

BUT what would happen if I donated FP towards a GB of a 'pushed' account - I simply don't have a chance to figure out if an account has been pushed.
Now you would go ahead and remove this peticular GB I donated towards - so what would happen to my donated FP?
I know - small chance - but still possible

DeletedUser7719

Just a short question:
I am only active in one world so I am not affected by most of the things mentioned in this thread.

BUT what would happen if I donated FP towards a GB of a 'pushed' account - I simply don't have a chance to figure out if an account has been pushed.
Now you would go ahead and remove this peticular GB I donated towards - so what would happen to my donated FP?
Well, if it looks like it's being pushed, stop donating to it. I'm wondering if you reported it, would you get back your fp...

DeletedUser276

Just to be sure I'm doing this right: If I see "someone" is donating to another GB (an EMA GB), and that "someone" is in the BA, can I report him for pushing?

did someone push you down at the playground again :D badoom tish... couldnt resist.

cross world pushing mate. CROSS WORLD lol Only way you would know that is if you played both worlds and saw the gb of both peeps or he/she admits it to you in mail. you can report a hunch if you think it is... help from players is always apreciated. But its hard for players to be certain.

Just a short question:

Contact support. I keep a list of the fp in buildings and who donated what in gb I deleted that had more than 50 fp in the current level it was on. I got electronic post its all over my monitor with tons of info on them. I will clean them off when I wake up though if I dont have any people asking. Though those that try to claim fp that doesnt match my notes will be spanked and sat on most horribly.

DeletedUser12348

zamboozal - excellent post lol

We should be thankful they are taking this stance against cheaters. They are the pariahs of the gaming world and are nothing but self satisfying indigents who think nothing of destroying a game for the sake of bragging rights, being "top dog" or thinking that they have some sort of divine right to exploit every single loophole or glitch in order to play for free.

Having seen and fully experienced these "players" totally destroy a game, I could not be happier than seeing the stance Blacksmith is taking. And lets be very clear and blunt here, honest rule abiding players have nothing to worry about, those that have been cheating or exploiting deserve everything they get. They should quit whining, quit hiding behind semantics, quit hiding behind law suits and quit hiding behind threats of leaving the game. Bye, bye is all I can say, we don't really want you here.

So WTG and congratulations Blacksmith, you are doing a superb job and deserve our thanks ! All I can add now is what and when is phase 2 ?

DeletedUser

It is better that the actual cheaters in this game are punished earlier. Swift and decisive action was taken. There were probably some "casualities of war". I believe that innogames has a strong and dedicated team. They know what they are doing. Have a look at the article below. Further you have Fidelity Growth Partners backing them up which has a history of successful deals. I have played quite a few games where people talked about the end of the game and about cases that can be filed by players. "If" this game has to die then it would be if the company was sold to a public company and that public company squeezed this golden goose until it dies. That stage has not come yet. As far as law suits go; the only potential case is if Electronic Arts sues Innogames like how it did with Zynga. This would be if innogames came up with a game similar to what E.A. has or potentially will have because Dr. Gerhard Florin is their executive chairman and he had previously worked in E.A. I have to point that Zynga and E.A. settled the case out of court.
It would be better for proper players and for the game if loopholes are fixed. There will always be people who will find ways to toe the rules. It is better that the professionals at innogames are working on it. Also take a look at the innogames web site. They have clearly stated how many professionals are working there.

Hamburg, November 7, 2012. German browser game developer, InnoGames, is wrapping up 2012 as its most successful year ever. “In a few days, we will welcome the 100 millionth-player into our games,” confirms InnoGames Founder and Managing Director Hendrik Klindworth. Part of this success is attributed to the launch of Forge of Empires, which has become one of history’s most successful starts of a browser title. Just six months after the game launch, Forge of Empires already boasts five million players worldwide.

On the tails of this success, the developer and publisher has set ambitious goals for 2013. “We plan on launching three more successful games into the market next year, while also bringing Forge of Empires to mobile, and conferring a bigger market share to Grepolis and Tribal Wars,” Klindworth explains. Currently, InnoGames employs over 200 international professionals, and expects to grow the family. “Our goal is to reach 280 permanent employees in 2013, especially adding those working to further our cross-platform emphasis,” remarks Klindworth on the sustainable growth rate of the company.

Armin Busen, Chief Financial Officer at InnoGames, adds: “Forge of Empires has already exceeded our high expectations, but in addition, three-year-old Grepolis has had its best year yet. Our growth has continued to be stable, and in the last two years, we have increased our revenue by 50%.” The company had been profitable in every single month, Busen mentions. InnoGames’ 2012 turnover is expected to reach 50 million EUR.

With 100 million registered players, InnoGames is one of the world's leading developers and providers of online games. The Hamburg-based company has scored major successes with games such as Tribal Wars, The West and Grepolis.

DeletedUser

I would like to remind everyone to stick to the topic at hand, and to remain calm and polite please :) It is perfectly ok to voice your disagreement or questions and doubts, but as long as you do so in a civil manner.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

If people starts doing it threeway, like A gives forge point to B crossworld, B gives forge point to C crossworld and C gives forge point to A cross world, are you even gonna be able to catch them? Are you on the lookout for it? Seems like it would be much harder to be 100% sure they are trading FP.

DeletedUser3157

Yeah gab that would be the obvious possible loophole in the block code/rules. Brought it out in another now delited thread, so if staff read it, they should be aware of such loophole(if they already wasn't before). Anyways I wouldn't recommend ppl to risk it, since if u do get caught, it will likely be much much harsher penalty since it would show off as rather obvious organized cheating system built to avoid detection on purpouse, not just some petty crime one can say he was tricked into or say he didn't know the rules. And that 1 example is just one of the ways to stirr things up and make it harder to detect, there are ways to get much more creative and malicous.

Anyways on the Issue itself. Majority of the confusion, panic and frustration was actually caused due to disagreements and conflicting rule translations among the staff members. And I aint mean couple of player-moderators who could have misunderstood a few lines, but actually the different current views and rule translation between Blacksmith and the other Co-community manager Archangel Snail and the everchanging rule translations both seemed to doing. I was in contact with Archangel Snail 2 days ago via support msges asking about 2 different scenarios within a time span of about 12h.

My first question was this:
Hello. I recieved a following msg today:
I'm stuck on my tech tree on E, waiting for goods to become available. Do you want to friend me so I can donate (one way only, nothing expected in return) or do you have a guildmate who who like to friend me to get my FP? They are just going to waist otherwise.

Cheers
name

Can I accept this kind of friend request or would this be considered breach of rules/push account? Sorry for extra trouble my msging, I am just somewhat confused by the new rules and want to be careful.

The answer I got from Archangel Snail was that it would be considered pushing. Now when I read Blacksmiths posts in this thread, I get the impression that in fact I could have accepted his friendship. So which co-comminity manager is right? Who outranks who? What would be the latest current official stance to a msg like that?

My 2nd problem is/was the following:
I have another question. I have a town in en4 built to be decorative for the time being. Screenshot:
en4_zps30b7bcf7.jpg

I have about half a dozen friends from that world I used to be guildmates with. Would this be considered pushing if I am helping them out with their GBs and adding up my BP collection? I have been seriously considering advancing that town in future, but haven't had the heart to tear down those churches yet, so I have been just trying to build up my GB sets while supporting the people I know instead of randoms. None of those players are my friends in other worlds as far as I am aware of.

Thanks, hint

The reply I got from AAS was that it could cause me problems if all I did was donate FPs(I don't know if I'd be allowed to actually quote exact personal replies I get in support to public, so just in case I'm not quoting the replies, but only my posts). Now againt I get a different vibe from Blacksmith posts.

One of the said players in en4 actually sent me a panic msg yesterday yelling me to "stop donating any FPs, i know u mean good but u will get my GBs delited!!!!". Should he or me need to be worried here then or not?

DeletedUser

What? I said like 100X that i stopped using my dummie accounts after the in-game rule change notice. The moderator answering my ticket said that i still get a ban for account sharing...
Where are my great buildings then? How about diamonds refund or atleast give me my blueprints back so i can collect the goods and keep playing this pieace of excrements. May i use word excrements? or is it breaking these sensitive rules again? Game has a freaking fail and all players trying to benefit from that get their money stolen. All posts are deleted, and everyone at innogames is happy. hurray for the corporate greedy people. :C

DeletedUser276

So WTG and congratulations Blacksmith, you are doing a superb job and deserve our thanks ! All I can add now is what and when is phase 2 ?

Waiting for the devs to FINALLY put the coding in that will prevent this madness. But I am sure cheaters will cry even harder for that addition.

If people starts doing it threeway, like A gives forge point to B crossworld, B gives forge point to C crossworld and C gives forge point to A cross world, are you even gonna be able to catch them? Are you on the lookout for it? Seems like it would be much harder to be 100% sure they are trading FP.

Especially if you try to be sneaky and use a "spouses" account or a multi account on another world to get around this rule, you will be found out and penalized. The more sneaky players try to be the more serious the penalty put forth.

That should answer yours mate. Try to read all my posts. I got some useful tidbits in there. Its easier than you think to find those. Thats what Elicied and Overtype are complaining about with them getting caught doing this and having gb they spent money on taken away. Since they are being overly vocal about being victims figured that was good enough to share. they got world lockdowns for access so movement is restricted to new worlds for them and gb lost.

Anyways on the Issue itself. Majority of the confusion, panic and frustration was actually caused due to disagreements and conflicting rule translations among the staff members. And I aint mean couple of player-moderators who could have misunderstood a few lines, but actually the different current views and rule translation between Blacksmith and the other Co-community manager Archangel Snail and the everchanging rule translations both seemed to doing. I was in contact with Archangel Snail 2 days ago via support msges asking about 2 different scenarios within a time span of about 12h.

We had sat down two days ago and went through that. He was supposed to clean up the rules that he added for clarification yesterday. Even had the big boss herself sit down in on it and weigh in.

The answer I got from Archangel Snail was that it would be considered pushing. Now when I read Blacksmiths posts in this thread, I get the impression that in fact I could have accepted his friendship. So which co-comminity manager is right? Who outranks who? What would be the latest current official stance to a msg like that?

mmmm It might have been he was leary about things before our discussion so was erring on the side of caution. After our discussion two days ago with the big boss this was allowed as it was gifting rather than trading. He might have thought they had a small account and was willing to push your gb... dunno what was in his brain.

Niether of us out rank each other. He is in charge of ingame and I am in charge of the forums. We are on even seating. We help each other out when things get busy or something very important comes up.

My 2nd problem is/was the following:

The reply I got from AAS was that it could cause me problems if all I did was donate FPs(I don't know if I'd be allowed to actually quote exact personal replies I get in support to public, so just in case I'm not quoting the replies, but only my posts). Now againt I get a different vibe from Blacksmith posts.

One of the said players in en4 actually sent me a panic msg yesterday yelling me to "stop donating any FPs, i know u mean good but u will get my GBs delited!!!!". Should he or me need to be worried here then or not?

that last part was just panic by players unsure as to what is what. Thats why I made this thread. to try and clear things up confusion wise. The questions your asking Archangel snail has more from what I see in his responses to do with what age they are and how progressive they are in their tech and ages. It looks highly suspicious when a guy with a low age starts throwing fp at a higher age guy when he can progress easilly. If something looks questionable its best to err on the side of caution.

DeletedUser276

I been thinking about what archangel meant. I think he was looking at more of a single world push as well as an angle the upcoming code will block. Which I think was what he was aiming for with his clarifications. Mine is aimed strictly for cross world fp pushing.

Since his was a slight alteration while still keeping rule 5 my actions are just the enforcement of rule 5. Not same world pushing but ONLY cross world pushing. Though he isnt online right now so dont know what was going through his head exactly till he is asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.