• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

gb push discussion *stay civil*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

So what happens if someone creates a dummy account, donates to my GB and reports the dummy with the main (Easy thing, just has to change IP)? Will my GB get deleted?

DeletedUser14167

zsacisku: It looks we have to control all our GB's donors - what makes another problems and takes a lot of time.

I just do not get why they cannot create simple rule, that someone, who is in Bronze Age (dummy accounts), should not be able to give fps for GBs from Iron Age or next ages.

DeletedUser

So what happens if someone creates a dummy account, donates to my GB and reports the dummy with the main (Easy thing, just has to change IP)? Will my GB get deleted?

No, you would also have to donate to him on his main town to be in violation. Any one way donations are exempt, unless the towns in question are on a shared connection.

DeletedUser

zsacisku: It looks we have to control all our GB's donors - what makes another problems and takes a lot of time.

I just do not get why they cannot create simple rule, that someone, who is in Bronze Age (dummy accounts), should not be able to give fps for GBs from Iron Age or next ages.

You will not get in trouble for someone donating to your buildings, unless you decide to create a city also to donate back to that persons main city. Then it becomes trading.

Also, as mentioned above, code changes are coming that will prevent the vast majority of unplayed push accounts.

DeletedUser276

this feels more like trying to feel around the rules.

I have not said what I look at but if you check my previous posts near the start of the thread I already caught 2 that were doing the "randomness" that you are talking about very easily.

just wanted to show you, you are not able to control it.
imho the problem with pushing GB should be based on technology age.

it is. Its both and each on its own at the same time. I already covered that as Archangels approach and my approach.

DeletedUser

Hi Conchis,
The in-game rules are currently being updated, this has been mentioned in this thread a couple of pages back. Also, the devs are working on a coding update which will aim to tackle cheating.

There will be a coding update though in a short while.... should fix this whole thing by putting blockers in place. Not penalties... just make it extremely hard to cheat in this. I sure hope like heck it gets here soon.

DeletedUser

No, you would also have to donate to him on his main town to be in violation. Any one way donations are exempt, unless the towns in question are on a shared connection.
Then what prevents me from creating a dummy account (I can even progress it to IA, it's just 10 days) and push my GBs?

There are three scenarios which all look the same "from the outside":
(a) normal donations from lower-age players to higher-age ones;
(b) pushing my own GBs with a dummy account;
(c) framing someone with a dummy account.
As a player, I cannot distinguish between (a) and (c). At the same time, I do not see how the mods can separate cases (b) and (c) [(a) is also questionable]. This makes me feel insecure about my account. I have absolutely nothing to say in my defense if the mods will decide that one of my donors is a pushing account.

DeletedUser

Well if you make the dummy account, that would fall under the shared connection part. It's against the rules to have 2 separate accounts on the same world anyways. If some random guy starts a new town and puts his FPs into your buildings, there should be no problem.

DeletedUser276

a) Normal donations dont have return donations on another world.
b) GB's cant be donated to from the same internet connection.
C) If they dont donate back then you cant frame them.

As a staff i can see the actions of all of these and can tell the difference. As a player you dont need to see the difference.

Bottom line if you feel uncomfortable.... then stick to one world till the coding fix is out to prevent abuse.

DeletedUser14167

GB's cant be donated to from the same internet connection.
well, my Internet Provider offer changeable IP and it is easy to clean up all traces (cookies, creating virtual system, using different browsers...and so on). and of course, I would donate my GBs couple of times a week only from a few dummy accs (all of them will be active - that means I wlll spend some fps for technology).
so easy to cheat ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

that doesnt work. We have detectors for that.

Also I think we have had about enough of people trying to explain how to cheat as they see it. Because of this I am now closing the thread. I will go through sometime in the next bit and delete all posts that try to explain how to cheat or are non contributive to the topic itself.

If there are any more questions feel free to read through this thread. I believe it covers everything. If it doesnt then feel free to pm me but dont ask questions like what if a and b do c and d while a does.......

Status
Not open for further replies.