• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Gambrel Roof House is way too powerful

DeletedUser3157

Oh right, u can do that quest more than once per day lol, dumb me.

About "not-possible" I meant more like not pratical. You won't have enough space to have 90 gambrel houses, st. marks, big military, actual decient amount of supply buildings and all the trading companies capeble of keeping it at 120% without the use of any polish. But I quess it could be possible if you have diamond cultulars and supply buildings + the extra 14 expansions.

Assuming 2 coffeurs = 1 trading company I have 15 trading companies, 73 gambrel houses and I'm about 66% dependant on polish. So if I did not depend on polish at all and could allow to ask for motivation on gambrels instead, I would need 26 trading companies. That is 11 more TCs I'd be short of room off (space equal to 33 gambrel houses btw!) Besides I'd need 6.5 more TCs if I were to build 17 more gambrels, meaning I'm right now 13 expansions short of room to run such strategy(about 15 if you also count roads). If I were to make my town totally non-polish dependent and ask only motivation, I think I could maybe fit about 50-55 gambrels in with that start, but population would actually become a problem then. Still far from the 90 though, hence the above diamond refrence.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6965

Oh right, u can do that quest more than once per day lol, dumb me.

About "not-possible" I meant more like not pratical. You won't have enough space to have 90 gambrel houses, st. marks, big military, actual decient amount of supply buildings and all the trading companies capeble of keeping it at 120% without the use of any polish. But I quess it could be possible if you have diamond cultulars and supply buildings + the extra 14 expansions.

Assuming 2 coffeurs = 1 trading company I have 15 trading companies, 73 gambrel houses and I'm about 66% dependant on polish. So if I did not depend on polish at all and could allow to ask for motivation on gambrels instead, I would need 26 trading companies. That is 11 more TCs I'd be short of room off (space equal to 33 gambrel houses btw!) Besides I'd need 6.5 more TCs if I were to build 17 more gambrels, meaning I'm right now 13 expansions short of room to run such strategy. If I were to make my town totally non-polish dependent and ask only motivation, I think I could maybe fit about 50 gambrels in with that start, but population would actually become a problem then. Still far from the 90 though, hence the above diamond refrence.

uhm.. yes ur right ;) I have no military and I need polishing ^^

DeletedUser3157

Second: your motivated tobbaco plantation with lighthouse gives you 12k, but in 8 hours with 15 min cycle, you can have 17k, without any motivation or GB, while for the GRH motivated + St.Mark's is nothing to counter that (unless you can colect 52 times a day)

This is true, but collecting every 15 minutes for 8 hours seems like awful lot of work, I'd say about 4 times more work than collecting 1h house 8 times per day :P

DeletedUser6965

@forem: I have a question. Why are u arguing against a building everybody have access to??
Yes it is a powerful house in combination with st. marks. So the conclusion should be:
Let's all build these houses, they make the game easier and we all can profit :)

Edit:
your motivated tobbaco plantation with lighthouse gives you 12k, but in 8 hours with 15 min cycle, you can have 17k,

This is true, but collecting every 15 minutes for 8 hours seems like awful lot of work,

or just complete a loop-quest one time and get the reward of 17k supplies :D :D

edit2: I know, I always mention the loop-quests.. but they are such a easy way to get a big amount of everything u need in the game :D

DeletedUser6965

lol? before some seconds there was a post by forem :D where is it??? :D
Edit: ah it's back :)

I want to answer:
-Ah okay, I thought u are against GRH, because of ur posts before :D
-after some time everybode have access to st. marks ;) there are enough players who build a GB without diamonds yet ;)
- why should I be interested in "the final version" ? :D no one knows, when it will appaer. Maybe in a year? or two? or never? :D

edit: I never said "You confuse me here...:D " xD I think it is accidentally in ur quote :D

DeletedUser6965

Yes... problem is that when everyone have St. Marks, none will be there to help you level it up... :mad:

U only need to know how ;)
There are severeal "tricks" I offered one here for 24hours, but now i deleted it, because not everybody needs to know the trick and it could be considered as "account boosting"

DeletedUser

Well... that really starts to sound as account boosting to me. You better not risk that :p

DeletedUser

what discussion about? gambel roof house? ok. I continue haha.
problem is not difference gambel house/arkade house, this is the same with apartment house/estate house. every aspect is same. but problem is st marks gb. it only give 90 boost/day. they forget 1h houses in balance calculation. must change to 675 boost/day. why?
1350gh/180ah=7,5
7,5x90=675
but better other formel:
90 boost is too much nobody have 90 gh.
50 is realistic, so change to 50x7,5=375 boost in 1 day.

some body understand this?

DeletedUser3157

It is easyer just making GB boosts simple % wise for all occasions and lowering the boost. Although the way it currently is could be just intentsional to create tad more strategic layers to it and be more interesting.

DeletedUser3157

Btw he has 70 expansions(7x10 town), bunch of diamond cultulars, and still asks for polish first(and then supplies next). If you read last page, I did not doubt it was possible, I just claimed it is un-feaseble in non-diamond towns. Oh and btw it is an incredibly space-efficent town. Don't let the messy intial look and diamond talk fool you, when it becomes to space effectiveness it is the best end of CA town I've seen anywhere and I play all 7 worlds. 12.5% roads that could easly become 11.5% by losing the corner joke roads, or replacing the palace with circus or smth, this guy is really working it to have all those gambrels in.

DeletedUser4800

Do you understand the difference between efficient and inefficient? The GRH is way too powerful for the FACT that you do NOTHING. Okay? I wouldn't mind if there was a house that gave 1000 per 5 minutes, if you had to log in every 5 minutes and collect, Because you waste a lot of effort to gain the advantage !!!!

With the GRH you don't do anything !!!!!!! You just long in ONCE in 24 hours and whoala you are more efficient and get more money than what you would have gotten if you collected 7 times with arcade houses !!!

Do you understand the imbalance here? Do you compute what I'm saying?

Its not that the GRH gives too much coins, its that it gives too much coins FOR NO EFFORT!!! You literally log in once in 24 hours and collect and you collect MORE COINS with that one login, than what you would if you collected 7 or 8 times a day with arcade houses!!!

8 hours houses are balanced because you need to collect 3 times to be efficient with them and if you collect later than 8 hours, you are not efficient. So with 8 hour houses you have to make an effort to collect 3 times to get LOWER amount than 1 hour houses, with the 24 hour house that falls into the water, its like having a bot play the game for you !!!!

Stop going into completely unrelated topics and balance discussions that have NOTHING to do with what I wrote !!!!!

DeletedUser

Calm down, buddy. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You shared yours, and clearly other people feel differently. Resorting to insults will gain you nothing. If you want an intelligent discussion, you need to at least be civil.

But I'd just like to point out that pretty much everything in this game is based around efficiency. If you check in more often, you can get more supplies/coins/goods for your time than if you check in less often.

Case in point, any supply building. You can set them to 24 hours and gain a big chunk of supplies, or you can check in multiple times to gain more for the extra work. Any supply building will have to do 6 * 1 hour collections to get more than you would have from a 24 hour collection. That's pretty close to the 7.5 difference between Arcade and Gambrel houses. Do you feel the same way about supply buildings being able to be set for 24 hour production cycles?

Country Houses give 560 coins in 8 hours. Three collections a day would provide more coins than a Gambrel Roof House. Three collections a day isn't much work. Is that overpowered?

EDIT: St. Mark's Basilica makes a large difference in any calculations. But this thread isn't titled "St. Mark's Basilica is way too powerful."

DeletedUser3157

8 hours houses are balanced because you need to collect 3 times to be efficient with them and if you collect later than 8 hours, you are not efficient. So with 8 hour houses you have to make an effort to collect 3 times to get LOWER amount than 1 hour houses, with the 24 hour house that falls into the water, its like having a bot play the game for you !!!!

Did you not read ANY of the posts made by people posting before you when making this statement just so you could appear to look even more noob, wrong and just plain stupid ignorant rude? Just 1 page earlyer u can see Serpens66 linking one of his earler posts in this thread where he shows you with actual calcs how both clapboard house and town house give you more income per day when collected just TWICE per day compared to respective age 1h houses 8x per day.

DeletedUser

Why don't people understand that the last house on the tech tree is the best? You can't call it overpowered or unbalanced, it's supposed to be better. That's why you unlock it last. You can throw out all the sketchy math you want, but we all have access to the same stuff here. If you're jealous of someones coin production, then you can just copy their town and match their wealth that way.

The way people are misusing the terms "overpowered" and "unbalanced" in this thread is just blatant trolling at this point. I think I maybe said this already but the threads still going for some reason so take that!

DeletedUser653

Many of us have no choice but to build them as we are struggling for population.

DeletedUser6974

i dont get it, why all the complaining about the Gambrel Roof house?
1. its not even a diamond building, if its so powerful put it in your own city. Replace what you have and use it!
2. its the last building in the CA, what do you think the first building is going to be like in the next age, probably even more "powerful" than the Gambrel Roof house so is this all going to start again after the next age is out?.. sheeeeesh

DeletedUser276

I am chuckling over how circular the logic is for the "issue" of the thread. 9 pages and people are either repeating info or talking about other things like city layouts. I am trying to see if this thread is worth keeping open ;)

DeletedUser9614

Since there is talk about me and my city let me clarify some aspects.

1) I am getting about +50 polishes a day from the guild, and 50 polishes from neighborhood and friends combined, which adds up to a bit over 100 a day. I am asking to polish first BECAUSE I do not want to build extra happiness buildings and waste visitor polishing especially (that can cushion me if I fall down with happiness down to below 120%). Therefore, I keep 120% of the edge (a bit more than 1.000 more when all polished). I need 120% for battles, but do not want waste clicks. It is sitting between rock and hard place, but saves you visitors for G houses.
2) The space efficiency is possible for non-diamond people, but it becomes more difficult problem. It just consumes more time to solve the problem.
3) If you work hard, you can pull nearly 1.000.000 coins/day from G Houses. If you know what I am talking about it is the magic number 9990. G house is the only weapon that low-diamond player who spends no more than $100 on the game (and for those that spend none) vs. high diamond players that spend several hundred beside the high battle count.
4) If the G houses were not there, I would quit the game. I do not have time to babysit 1h houses for 1 year. Three months of that was enough.

DeletedUser

With the GRH you don't do anything !!!!!!! You just long in ONCE in 24 hours and whoala you are more efficient and get more money than what you would have gotten if you collected 7 times with arcade houses !!! Stop going into completely unrelated topics and balance discussions that have NOTHING to do with what I wrote !!!!!

is not big difference when colect 1x or 7-8x, take 5 seconds to colect all houses. and balance is not unrelated. you say GH is overpowered. But is only overpowered when st marks is in city because st mark make full advantage of GH but not of 1h houses. so this need change. this is only real problem with gambel house. you can use 90 boosts in 1 day and you not waste one GH colection. all other houses have disadvantage here, also 8h houses. this not off topic, this close relative to GH which is discussion.

DeletedUser

help me understand guys
so lets say i have St. Mark's Basilica at level 10
i build 90 Gambrel Roof House(not that uncommon in colonial to have that space) in 24 hours with a guild of 80 and 80 = 160 from that 56% motivate your houses

1 gambrel = 1.620(120%)
1.620x90=145.800x250%= 364.500/day -> and if motivated - add 145800 = 510300/day

having arcade house
1 arcade = 216/hour
we will calculate 1hourx90 hours with 250%(Mark's) = 48600
= 90x15(you need to sleep 8 hours - 1 hour above)x216= 291600
so 291600 + 48600(1hour x 90Houses with mark's bonus) = 340200/day -> if motivated - add 19440 = 359640/day
359640+ 155520(8 more hours) = 515160 that is 4860 more gold for your hard work of connecting every hour for 24 hours compared with gambrel

so you need to collect about 17 times /day with arcade houses to get even with gambrel house(no motivate)
if motivated you need

let me know if my math is wrong guys

calculated with an average of 90 motivate/day