• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Gambrel Roof House is way too powerful

DeletedUser4800

Hi there. I believe the Gambrel Roof House is way too powerful.

Lets say you have a person that plays like a machine and he is able to log in every hour at the exact time and gather resources for 10 hours, before he goes to sleep or eats or works, etc...

So he builds 10 arcade houses that give 180 in 1 hour, with happiness bonus that is 216 coins per hour. Now machine like person collect each hour for 10 hours straight and gets a total of 21.600 coins for his effort of logging in every hour and collecting.

On the other hand player B that plays casually and logs in say one a day has Gambrel Roof House and he only collects once per day from his 10 Gambrel Roof Houses.

Gambrel Roof Houses give 56 per hour, with happiness bonus that is 67 coins per hours. Now he doesn't have to log in 10 hours each and every hour, he just needs to log in once and he gets a total of 16.200 coins.

So basically for 10 hours work you get a "whooping" 5000 coins advantage.

Now I've shown you the MOST EFFICIENT resource collection with arcade house, but your average player won't be able to collect for 10 hours straight and on timely fashion each and every time. Your average player will collect 6 or 7 times at most per 24 hours.

So lets say on average you collect 6 times from the arcade house, which is 6 hours of work basically and compare it to how much you get from Gambrel Roof House.

Person average Joe has 10 arcade houses and he collects lets say once per 1.5 hours for 10 hours straight, that would make him collect 6 times from the arcade houses in a period of 10 hours, before he has to go to work, sleep, eat, etc...

So average Joe gets 12.960 coins from collective 6 times in a period of 10 hours. So 10 hours, 6 hours of work logging each and every hour and you still end up earning less with your arcade house, than what you end up earning with Gambrel Roof House. Now add to this that most people have their Gambrel Roof House motivated and they pretty much end up gaining double over what you gain from arcade houses.

This is all bad enough, but the fact that the Gambrel Roof House gives 260 population, compared to the only 155 population the arcade house gives and you can clearly asses that either the arcade houses is way too weak or that the Gambrel Roof House is overpowered and imbalanced.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's too powerful for who? We all have access to it eventually, just build gambrel roof houses like everyone else if you can't collect often enough?!??

And for the record, 5000 for 10 houses, per day, becomes a darn huge advantage after a month with 40 houses (5000X 4 = 20 000 X 30 days = 600 000 coins more and you say it ain't worth it?

DeletedUser4800

It's too powerful for who? We all have access to it eventually, just build gambrel roof houses like everyone else if you can't collect often enough?!??

And for the record, 5000 for 10 houses, per day, becomes a darn huge advantage after a month with 40 houses (5000X 4 = 20 000 X 30 days = 600 000 coins more and you say it ain't worth it?

Its not worth it for the amount of effort. You basically waste 10 hours for a measly 5000 gain. The bigger question is how much is realistically the average collection amount for 1 hour houses? I'd say it probably 5 or 6, under which case you actually loose out and put in more effort. So you put in 6 hours of effort for the same gains as if you just visited once.

Even a lifeless fool would not be able to collect for 10 hours straight and the exact times, each day to gain an significant advantage and say just 1 day break in a week, would mean you loose all advantage.

So it is absolutely not fair, not balanced, not efficient. The arcade houses need to be better or Gambrel Roof house needs to be weaker.

DeletedUser

Add a marcus church in the mix and 1h houses are definately dead.

DeletedUser

You would be surprised how many people are on for 12+ hours a day...

But I get your point and totally agree with it; Arcade houses are just not worth it currently. I'm just saying go with the flow and build gambrel roof houses like everyone else.

In all honesty, now that many many players built a lot of those gambrel houses, how would they react if the income gets cut down 10-20%?

DeletedUser8813

oh no ..It is confirmed I am a lifeless fool ,i get an average of 15 collections a day...i log on at 4.30 am and log of anywhere between 10.30 to 12 pm.
crickey thats shocking i had better get a life.........................................................................@-"

DeletedUser3157

Its not worth it for the amount of effort. You basically waste 10 hours for a measly 5000 gain. The bigger question is how much is realistically the average collection amount for 1 hour houses? I'd say it probably 5 or 6, under which case you actually loose out and put in more effort. So you put in 6 hours of effort for the same gains as if you just visited once.

Even a lifeless fool would not be able to collect for 10 hours straight and the exact times, each day to gain an significant advantage and say just 1 day break in a week, would mean you loose all advantage.

So it is absolutely not fair, not balanced, not efficient. The arcade houses need to be better or Gambrel Roof house needs to be weaker.

Little while ago I had 90 arcade houses in my town. I could have allowed only about 75 gambrel houses because happiness requierments force me to have culturals taking so much of the room. With 10 collects per day it makes a difference of 4.86M vs 3.03M coins after 30 days. I'd say that's quite a lot more benafit than this 5k number you are throwing around.

You are speaking about 10 colletcs per day like it's some sort of magic crazy number and only possiblye for a "lifeless fool" - for a player with round internet access it really is not. Most people are awake about 17 hours every day, leaves plenty of time to do 10 collects. I'm on off year from university and work constrcution where nearly 10h every day I have no internet access at all except lunch breaks. And I consder myself way below average activity player when it comes to collecting, yet I still get about 8-9 arcade collects in on average. If I worked somewhere else, I'd see no reason why not get 12-13 collects in per day without even trying, and 15-16 when trying, since that's what other people are doing.

Real reason why most people go over to gambriel houses is because they need more population.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4800

Little while ago I had 90 arcade houses in my town. I could have allowed only about 75 gambrel houses because happiness requierments force me to have culturals taking so much of the room. With 10 collects per day it makes a difference of 4.86M vs 3.03M coins after 30 days. I'd say that's quite a lot more benafit than this 5k number you are throwing around.

You are speaking about 10 colletcs per day like it's some sort of magic crazy number and only possiblye for a "lifeless fool" - for a player with round internet access it really is not. Most people are awake about 17 hours every day, leaves plenty of time to do 10 collects. I'm on off year from university and work constrcution where nearly 10h every day I have no internet access at all except lunch breaks. And I consder myself way below average activity player when it comes to collecting, yet I still get about 8-9 arcade collects in on average. If I worked somewhere else, I'd see no reason why not get 12-13 collects in per day without even trying, and 15-16 when trying, since that's what other people are doing.

Real reason why most people go over to gambriel houses is because they need more population.

Well I disagree. We know from all the studies, from all the games, from all the stats that on average 80% of the player base is very casual vs 20% that are hardcore. The casual players spend on average 3-10 hours per week on games, while the hardcore gamer spends on average between 24-30 hours per week.

Then you have 2-3% percent within the hardcore that spend 30+ hours on gaming per week.

DeletedUser3157

Thing is it is tough to calculate what time is spent "gaming" in FoE. If I collect for few minutes after being away an hour do I game for an hour or for few minutes? What happens if I check my inbox somewhere in middle of that hour? etc

DeletedUser3707

I log in twice a day, for about 15min each log in. If someone is able to spend SO MUCH time, and able to make a decent (however small) profit, let them have it. They've earned it, and that's why such buildings exist. Some buildings are for players who log in rarely, some are for players who log in often.

DeletedUser4800

I log in twice a day, for about 15min each log in. If someone is able to spend SO MUCH time, and able to make a decent (however small) profit, let them have it. They've earned it, and that's why such buildings exist. Some buildings are for players who log in rarely, some are for players who log in often.

You didn't even read my post obviously. I'm making the argument (that is my whole post) that even if you spend so much time the benefits are so small, that might as well not exist.

On average if you log in 6-7 times in 10 hours, whether its 5 or 15 minutes, you loose out with the 1 hour houses. So its either I'm going to collect 10 hours each day or I'm just going to collect once of twice and with the new 24 hour house its way too powerful.

with 8 hour houses you still got to log in at least twice and if you miss of a few hours your benefits are lower, etc... With the 24 hour house there no penalty, no effort and yet its better than 1 hour houses, who are supposed to bring you more money.

DeletedUser

To remind you: if the 24-hour house is plundered... your whole collection of the day is gone. That's not the case for 1 hour houses. I see something here that makes gambrel roof houses less overpowered. ;)

DeletedUser

No real opinion on these houses since I do not have access to them yet. But just wanted to say that collecting ten times a day is not equal to spending ten hours a day on the game.

I work from home and find it pretty easy to just alt-tab over once an hour and sweep my town, spend maybe 30 seconds starting up new productions, and go back to what I was doing.

DeletedUser

I'm sure there's a wide range of play styles on this game, trying to say what's "average" or what "most" people do is just silly. The houses are fair because everyone can build them, in any amount they need to fit their style. I use all 3 types personally....I say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

DeletedUser

To remind you: if the 24-hour house is plundered... your whole collection of the day is gone. That's not the case for 1 hour houses. I see something here that makes gambrel roof houses less overpowered. ;)
And the bonus from motivating is huge vs motivating an arcade house :)

I stick by my original post and +1 to what KingMike said

DeletedUser

I don't see an issue here myself :) If you are a hardcore player who spends a lot of time in the game, then you get some extra from doing so, but not enough that it would be almost required to do this to keep up. Also, in comes the population gain, which later on can be a hindrance, since you need tons of space for all the happiness you need to cover all hat population.

I haven't quite reached that point yet, but I believe when I do, I will use the same combination of 1 hour and longer cycle houses I have used so far. My goal is to minimize excess population so I don't need extra cultural buildings, while still being able to have all the other buildings I need.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser6965

I think u should Stop this useless discussion.
Why? Because u are much too late :D Just Compare:

Clapboard House (240coins/8h) to Frame House(60coins/1h) (EMA).
Every normal worker will be able to collect twice a day the Clapboard house.
So the normal worker gets 480coins each day. If u want to get the same amount with frame house, u have to collect 480/60=8 times per day!
Same calculation with Gambrel-Roof-House and Arcade-House: 1350/180=7,5 --> So u only need 7,5 times to get the same amount!

And now u say, it's too powerfull??? It's not! Even the Clapboard House has more power :D
All u have to do, as u always did, is to compare if u are able to collect more than 8 times per day. Yes? Build the 1h house. If not, build the more hours house.

So don't discuss sth. which was never different.

(Sry bad english =/)

DeletedUser4800

I think u should Stop this useless discussion.
Why? Because u are much too late :D Just Compare:

Clapboard House (240coins/8h) to Frame House(60coins/1h) (EMA).
Every normal worker will be able to collect twice a day the Clapboard house.
So the normal worker gets 480coins each day. If u want to get the same amount with frame house, u have to collect 480/60=8 times per day!
Same calculation with Gambrel-Roof-House and Arcade-House: 1350/180=7,5 --> So u only need 7,5 times to get the same amount!

And now u say, it's too powerfull??? It's not! Even the Clapboard House has more power :D
All u have to do, as u always did, is to compare if u are able to collect more than 8 times per day. Yes? Build the 1h house. If not, build the more hours house.

So don't discuss sth. which was never different.

(Sry bad english =/)

Well you are wrong. Why are all the best players building the 24 hour house then? I mean just look it up, on the beta server, on brisgard and on Dinegu all the best players have the 24 hour house and not the one hour and these are obviously guys that do log in 10 times per day.

DeletedUser

I started replacing all my houses with gambrels as soon as I unlocked them. The reason being that I would like the luxury of only having to log in once or maybe twice a day and get my life back! The trouble I found with this though is the massive happiness requirement that the houses require. Each house has 100 more pop than an Arcade so for every 9 houses you have you need an extra trading company. I have at least 3 more trading companies than I required before I upgraded which is a huge disadvantage compared to Arcade houses.

I must add though that getting one or two of them motivated is huge. Of course the same would apply to any supply building you did a 24 hour production run in. You do also stand to lose a whole 24hr production if you get plundered which pretty much balances out the motivation advantage.