• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Gambrel Roof House is way too powerful

DeletedUser3157

Well you are wrong. Why are all the best players building the 24 hour house then? I mean just look it up, on the beta server, on brisgard and on Dinegu all the best players have the 24 hour house and not the one hour and these are obviously guys that do log in 10 times per day.

What excatly is he wrong about?

Big players build gambrels for mostly 3 reasons:

1) They need more population. By far the #1 reason. As nabers grow stronger and slowly catch up with advancement, need more and more military buildings to attack them all every day. And that takes more population, hence need gambrels. Also GPs need a lot of goods - many mass produce CA etc goods again to fill that need, what also takes population. I would imagine in the tougher naberhoods of earlyer servers, having arcades in town of top players is seen as a luxury building by now as you can allow to take extra income over more military.
2) St. Marks. Everyone who has it or plans to build it will be heading over to gambrel houses.
3) Bored to collect so often. It gets tireing after months, so more people are willing to get more relaxed houses and lose some income to have more free time during the wait for industrial age.

And all those reasons are why I as well will be moving from my majority arcade town slowly over to full gambriel town. It doesn't have anything to do with arcade house being too weak and gambrel house being overpowered.

Again look at what Serpens66 said, this is nothing new. There is almost identical ratio between long and short duration houses in EMA, HMA and LMA and the trend countinies into CA. If you think short duration houses are too weak compared to long duration houses and do not reward the activity/effort enough, then we would need to change builds from all of those ages, not just CA. This is another issue though, but I think we might have a legit discussion with that one. Or more like devs could, assuming they would be provided with actual data and statistics on common collect patterns and other related activity stuff.

Btw thank god nobody remembers the useless thatched house, calcs with those would have been brutal.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4800

What excatly is he wrong about?

Big players build gambrels for mostly 3 reasons:

1) They need more population. By far the #1 reason. As nabers grow stronger and slowly catch up with advancement, need more and more military buildings to attack them all every day. And that takes more population, hence need gambrels. Also GPs need a lot of goods - many mass produce CA etc goods again to fill that need, what also takes population. I would imagine in the tougher naberhoods of earlyer servers, having arcades in town of top players is seen as a luxury building by now as you can allow to take extra income over more military.
2) St. Marks. Everyone who has it or plans to build it will be heading over to gambrel houses.
3) Bored to collect so often. It gets tireing after months, so more people are willing to get more relaxed houses and lose some income to have more free time during the wait for industrial age.

And all those reasons are why I as well will be moving from my majority arcade town slowly over to full gambriel town. It doesn't have anything to do with arcade house being too weak and gambrel house being overpowered.

Again look at what Serpens66 said, this is nothing new. There is almost identical ratio between long and short duration houses in EMA, HMA and LMA and the trend countinies into CA. If you think short duration houses are too weak compared to long duration houses and do not reward the activity/effort enough, then we would need to change builds from all of those ages, not just CA. This is another issue though, but I think we might have a legit discussion with that one. Or more like devs could, assuming they would be provided with actual data and statistics on common collect patterns and other related activity stuff.

Btw thank god nobody remembers the useless thatched house, calcs with those would have been brutal.

You just countered yourself. The fact that its too much work for 1 hour houses, the fact that 24 hour houses gives better population, the fact that it it easier and more relaxed to collect, the fact that it works best with GB, etc... Those are ALL REASONS why the Gambriel house is better.

You just proved my point and that is that there are at LEAST 6-7 different reasons why 24 houses are way better than 1 hour houses. Thanks you for proving my point.

DeletedUser

He didn't prove your point. Just because Gambrel roof houses have advantages doesn't make them overpowered. 1 hour houses still remain the best for income and plenty of the top players still use arcade houses. Gambrels will be popular because ease of access is an important factor which is often overlooked but can never be understated. Your complaints seem pretty invalid.

DeletedUser3157

It occured to me when writing that post that all these arguments could be used to claim GH is actually OP yes. But the point here is that it fits into the pattern from older ages and is nothing spectacular. So the most expensive house in the whole game, at the very end of research tree has multiple pros - big suprise.

Also don't forget there is the beta factor here of people being stuck for months after done with CA. With InA out I would doubt a player who had town of frame houses, upgraded them to browstone, then estate, then arcade would spend some 2M supplies for GH upgrade when there is new superior 1 hour house just weeks away in research tree from it. It is different for end of CA beta players because they have so much time and extra resouces they can just easly allow it, and because they have so much waiting to do, have higher intiative to get this more relaxed house.

DeletedUser9807

Fact is, there are different houses to suit different playing styles. Don't like Arcades? Don't build them. Simple.

DeletedUser3315

I don't understand the problem, it seems like a non argument - Gambrel roof house's are available to everyone - its not like they are diamond buildings. If you think they are overpowered then build them instead of arcade houses?!

DeletedUser4800

I don't understand the problem, it seems like a non argument - Gambrel roof house's are available to everyone - its not like they are diamond buildings. If you think they are overpowered then build them instead of arcade houses?!

That is like saying Zerg is overpowered in (can't name the game, because Inno thinks they are in competition with 3d games) and hey you can play terran or protoss, its available to everyone so don't come out with the facts, statistics, math and logic proving that, just go play terran.

Or if I were to say the soviets are overpowering in Red (some game), hey don't be a whiner, just play with the Americans. You have the option, so what if they are overpowered.

DeletedUser

You missed a tiny detail, SlickR.

Gambrel Roof House population can be a positive, but it can be a negative thing. See if you can use that fact into the equation.

DeletedUser

That is like saying Zerg is overpowered in (can't name the game, because Inno thinks they are in competition with 3d games) and hey you can play terran or protoss, its available to everyone so don't come out with the facts, statistics, math and logic proving that, just go play terran.

Or if I were to say the soviets are overpowering in Red (some game), hey don't be a whiner, just play with the Americans. You have the option, so what if they are overpowered.

Not the same at all, one of the worst analogies I've ever seen lol The houses are not in direct competition with each other, they were meant for 2 separate things. Not to mention, maybe there's a reason the GH is way further down the tech tree and costs more than the AH? Maybe because it's a little better?

Saying a certain house is overpowered, especially when it's the last house of all to be unlocked, is really silly. Almost as silly as your Starcraft analogy. (is it really not allowed to say it? lets see if I get in trouble)

DeletedUser4800

You missed a tiny detail, SlickR.

Gambrel Roof House population can be a positive, but it can be a negative thing. See if you can use that fact into the equation.

Yeah, but mostly positive as it allows for way more military and way more goods at the SAME time. It also gives pretty much equal coins as the arcade house for most of the people at a relaxed and once a day collect. So if you want to gain a 1500 coin advantage with the arcade house you need to collect 8 times. Collecting 10 times, 10 hours of the day gives you a measly 5000 coin advantage. Lets say you get from work late or don't have time in one day of the week, your whole advantage you've gained by collecting 10 times each and every day is instantly nullified.

So whichever way you look at it the Gambriel house is way tooo overpowered, its not even debatable. I mean you really need to turn a blind eye to say its not imbalanced and I guess all of you are turning a blind eye because you have, half of you even admitted to having built the damn house and you just don't want your overpowered cash house getting nerfed.

DeletedUser2206

I for one cannot wait to unlock the GH houses. With an ill father, I can put my entire city on 24 hur production/collection and p/m runs, and take very good care of my dad, and start getting my housework done. ;p

DeletedUser

SlickR.

Many people in here gave you a handful of counter-arguments which seem quite sensible. You were not convinced. Fair enough.
I posted a hint hoping you would re-think your own opinion, but you didn't take it. Well, not a tragedy ether.
But, you get so angry that no one agrees with what you believe is the truth, the only truth and nothing but the truth.

No words have enough power to cool down the hormones of a teenager and i am not wasting more in this debate. But, whether your comments about cheating are sarcastic, threats or meaningful it's plain wrong.

It's wrong to planning and declaring to cheat as well as promoting it and possibly a lesson that in future take a deep breath before declaring war on the whole world, young man

DeletedUser3723

Lord Vortican wonders if SlickR felt the same way when he unlocked 4-hour houses or 8-hour houses. Collecting the lord's supplies is an arduous task to be sure but it is mere serfs' work. Gracious lords such as myself grant my servants the privilege of collecting my vast wealth and they are happy to do it in return for such things as bread and dirt upon which to sleep. Why, they would be idle and sloth-like if they only had to work in my fields once per day! They would degenerate into the naturally slovenly creatures they are. For one without such servants, I suppose a home which only produced tax revenue once per day would be preferable, but such lords are obviously not as famed, wealthy, skilled, or handsome as I. HAHA!

DeletedUser

So it's decided, there's nothing wrong with Gambrel houses or Arcade houses. They are both useful in their own way. The OP was confused and presented an argument that makes little sense, and seems to be motivated by some grudge against the makers of the game. OK good talk guys.

DeletedUser8813

this thread has given me great moments of joy,many laughs,but no understanding of what the problem is.
the houses in question are free and anyone can get them once they unlock them...correct
you collect once every 24 hours...correct
and the return is good ...correct
nope i just don't get it .......the problem is..?

should keep me entertained for a while i think........................................................................@-"

DeletedUser

I support your claim to be entertained.
I will hint to SlickR, to go on a rant about the peacock hedge decoration being too beautiful
;)

DeletedUser4800

Whatever. Let EVERYONE have Gambriel houses because they are better than all the rest of the houses and gain more coins than the supposed best coin house the arcade which is a terrible house and can't even produce more coins.

Because all of you are ignorant, you are pretty much saying hey don't play the terran if its so weak, play zerg. Or hey don't build zerglings when playing zerg build hydras. Its ridiculous, just because you have the option doesn't mean its balanced or fun.

DeletedUser8813

well i may be ignorant but i can live with that...:p
these houses come at the end of the line there is nothing to do ,it over .:confused: why come on every hour to click when you can do it once a day..while you wait for the next age.

skippety do da.........................................................................@-"

DeletedUser6965

Whatever. Let EVERYONE have Gambriel houses because they are better than all the rest of the houses and gain more coins than the supposed best coin house the arcade which is a terrible house and can't even produce more coins.

Because all of you are ignorant, you are pretty much saying hey don't play the terran if its so weak, play zerg. Or hey don't build zerglings when playing zerg build hydras. Its ridiculous, just because you have the option doesn't mean its balanced or fun.

Hey SlickR :) Most of ur ideas and posts are very wise and useful ;) But here u are not right. If u are able to collect coins more than 7times per day, then the arcade houses are more efficient! If I would had the time, I would definitly build arcadehouses because the population of gambrel houses is a curse to me! I do not need this amount of population, it only forces me to build lot's of cultural -.-

DeletedUser10328

Gambrel houses are Weak! Weakest of the longer than hourly housing. I am the number 3 player in Cirgard and I've always run hourly housing. I'm 50 hours away from arcade houses going down and can tell you with the amount of time I spend playing the game hourly housing is the clear winner.

I'll be able to have 90 arcade houses as compared to 54 gambrels. Let's do the math. If I can get 12 collections in a day (I usually get way more) I get 233k coin a day. 54 gambrels equals 87,480 coin.... even if you get all 54 motivated and double that IT IS FAR BEHIND arcade houses.

Now let's say the average person can get 6 collections a day in on the weekdays, and 12 collections a day on weekend days. 6 collections still equals 116k on a week day. 116k x 5 = 580k coin + 233k x 2 (466k) = 1,046,000 coin for the week as compared to 612k for gambrels for the week....

As you can clearly see... Gambrels are.... well... WEAK :rolleyes: