• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Forge Bowl 2019

Emberguard

Legend
@Blew Archers are a Iron Age unit. You'd only see Archers if you've gone up to Iron Age. I'm not entirely sure if the exact units given would change per user within a certain amount of units to verse or if they'd be the exact same set of units faced for that age. Either way you can only verse bronze age units if you're in bronze age

Why give players something that only a experienced player can complete? Well - maybe this is just me but I don't expect to complete something the first time. I expect to fail, make stupid mistakes and learn from them so I can do it all over again better the next time. People actually thrive the best when we are able to learn from mistakes. We could advocate to put bronze players in a safe environment where everything is easier then it is now but then the question becomes would that even prepare them for anything? How do you learn what you need improving on if there's no real indication of what the rest of the game is going to be like? At what point do we give ourselves and others permission to fail in order to grow?

@Blew I know it's a different event but I started my 2nd city just as the Genghis Khan event/quest line started. In case you don't know this involved taking provinces on the map, it was difficult even as an experienced player but it was possible to complete in BA.

Some of the fights can be extremely challenging and even now on my main world I am quite capable of taking several attempts to pass them, the only difference being that I have the troop capacity to immediately try again

Emberguard

Legend
Before I tried to find a different tactic or get an edge? About 3 or 4. After that? Don't know, once the boost was activated I succeeded second try. It only changed the stats by 1 digit and it was the first manual battle that won but I won within 6 battles total. Had it failed next I was thinking of building a warrior barracks. Which would have taken another 3 hrs to stock up on

In other games I've gotten stuck on something and re-tried the same spot or battle over and over for months. Sometimes that means doing things inbetween tries to see if I can increase my chances, but the main focus would be that one battle or whatever the challenge is that I'm stuck on

Edit: Point taken though, not everyones stubborn enough to keep trying as long as there's time left. Some people will value completing the questline first time they do an event while others will value it as a learning experience for next time.

Problem is bronze age alone is not in itself a measure of skill, experience or how long they've been playing. So if the difficulty were lessened for new players it'd need to be based on the amount of events total that they've been around for instead of their age.

Also I'd expect them to have more trouble with the continent map for "win X battles without losing" then with the large army if they're willing to try different arrangements of units. Which a player should be willing to adjust their playstyle to meet the challenge. Otherwise there's no challenge.

At least it was put in Quest 38 which means you've got more then half the questline to get footballs from. That's a lot of shrines of knowledge. I've already won 11 of them in Bronze and have more then 4k footballs left at quest 46. So even if a new player didn't complete the questline as long as they spend the currency they should be able to get a decent amount of stuff out of the event

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
I tried auto and manual fighting, you are correct a new player isn't going to be any good in the Bronze Age
Are you still at this quest or have you completed it since? I;m assuming you must either still be on this quest unable to complete it or have gone up to iron age and done it through GE given the conversation (I'd guess the former of the two)

When you manually fight what kind of tactics do you use? For such early game troops I usually move my units about half the distance they can travel in the first turn onto whatever terrain would give them a defence bonus. I also try to clump up my units next to each other so they protect each other. This does two things.
(1) If I haven't misjudged the distance then the ranged units won't be able to hit me straight away and I can pick off a few units before facing them
(2) Each unit can only retaliate back once per cycle. So by having my units touching each other at the correct distance from the enemy I'm forcing them to target more then one of my units.

And I suppose you could have done it when you first joined.
First time. Oh boy. First time I was too busy figuring out the rest of the game to get anywhere with the quests. I didn't even spend any of the event currency as I wanted to hoard it for when I properly understand what it does :lol: it expired. Oh well the apples were good fun anyway and the very fact they expired actually taught me a lot about events

Last edited:

DeletedUser116611

@Emberguard I spent all day on that quest resurrecting this fighting, trying all sort of things, the biggest problem was the horsemen would just ride in and wipe out the slingers and ignore all the other units. I could win the 1st wave but not the 2nd wave, I didn't have enough units left.
If I had more time to work this out I would but time is not on your hand in the
So I had to join a guild find one that accepted Bronze players most don't, then wait for them to accept me took 2 days, they where slow, than wait more days for the Guild Expedition to be opened up so I could start, since you got to wait for the new Guild Expedition to start when you join because you are a new member.

so you wonder why so many new players quit when they start, just because there are 50 million registered players & 200 thousand active players that makes a 0.4% retention rate for people that give it a go and quit. you need to keep people in the game not drive them out. not loose 199 out of 200 new members.

Emberguard

Legend
@Blew i would not be using slingers for those opponents. They're weak to fast units and there's nothing in that combination they'd have an advantage towards. if I did use them I'd keep them as far away from them on the board as possible (which is difficult when the opponent is on a horse)

Guild expedition needs Iron Age prior to it starting. So once you're in the guild you'd also need to age up if you hadn't already.

Is it any wonder so many quit? Well, if they're going to quit so early on because of a single event then their focus is not on learning the game. It's on the event and they've placed their worth as a player on a single quest instead of trying to learn the rest of the game.

I'm not sure how you'd make it any easier without changing it for every single age or removing events altogether for Bronze Age players. One could make a "mini event" that's Bronze Age exclusive just like there's the oracle of Delphi but it wouldn't change the fact events are meant to have challenges to be faced and if they enter Iron Age they'll still hit the same walls in varying degrees.

Unless of course Bronze Age were allowed to work on GE without it counting towards anything. That'd probably work

Emberguard

Legend
Anyway, @Blew I'm going to shut up now unless you want me to keep talking.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the event and manage to complete most if not all of it.

DeletedUser116611

@Emberguard My whole point was to replace the Guild Expeditions bit for bronze Age and replace it with something else. beside that, I don't have a problem with the rest of it.
You have made good points, I appreciate you input. well done.:)

Agent327

Overlord
Maybe you should try it with the Forge Bowl Event and write a detailed report on how you achieved it.

Why? It is obvious reading is not your favorite sport. You do not show you did any research.

My whole point was to replace the Guild Expeditions bit for bronze Age and replace it with something else.

Not possible. Quests are the same for all ages.

Guild expedition needs Iron Age prior to it starting. So once you're in the guild you'd also need to age up if you hadn't already.

Are you sure? Never been in the position, but the way I read it, you can do it in bronze. Your effort just does not count.

Boorg

Captain
@Agent327 my youngest city is Bronze Age currently in a guild for the second week in a row and the button for GE is greyed out

Extract form FoE Wiki :-

What are Guild Expeditions?
Guild Expeditions is a cross-platform cooperative feature where you and your guild mates forge your way through a number of locations to acquire personal rewards and guild power.

Expeditions begin automatically every Tuesday and last for 6 days. Every player who is a member of a guild and has reached the Iron Age at the time when an Expedition begins, can contribute to the success of their guild by participating in the ongoing Expedition. You can access Guild Expeditions from the game's menu buttons.

If you join or create a guild when the expeditions have already started, you will have to wait till next Tuesday for a new Expedition to begin.

Therefore as clearly outlined one must be in Iron Age before the GE begins to be able to participate.

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
Therefore as clearly outlined one must be in Iron Age before the GE begins to be able to participate.

No. Same as the Announcement it says "can contribute to the success".
That leaves open that Bronze players can play, but do not count .

From the Guild Championships: "There are a few participation rules. First of all, only guilds with at least 3 members who have reached Iron Age, will be taken into the Championships.".
Again that leaves open that Bronze players can play.

So I started to doubt. You may see it as "clearly outlined". I don't.

Boorg

Captain
It says -

Every player who is a member of a guild and has reached the Iron Age at the time when an Expedition begins, can contribute to the success of their guild by participating in the ongoing Expedition.

and not the other way round.

"can contribute" means one has two options participate in GE or not to participate in GE.

Last edited:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
it looks what i came here to say has already been said on page 1 --

Three days left, it does not look like I can get all the upgrades!

I've been active daily (although I changed from computer to phone in the last few days because of a certain journey and I was not as sure what I was doing on the phone than on the computer)

And I've always picked the player with the highest yard-per-ball ratio.

-- E D I T --
There is another upgrade in the league. OK then.
Pretend I have never been here or said anything.

Last edited: