• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Forge Bowl 2019

Emberguard

Legend
And doing the “Defeat a large army “ is impossible for a bronze Age player to complete.
Not impossible if you've got a Zeus and lvl'd it up far enough. Just difficult and unlikely that you would have done so..... of course this also means I'm going to have to make some tough decisions on my new world in order to complete either option and make the decision ASAP before the next GE starts

If InnoGames have intended the Bronze Age not to be used for Forge Bowl Event, then they would have not allowed “Forge Bowl Event” to accessible from the Bronze Age.
If they intended players to stay within Bronze age they would not have the ability to contribute to GBs locked until Iron Age along with the ability to plunder other players.

DeletedUser116611

Not impossible if you've got a Zeus and lvl'd it up far enough. Just difficult and unlikely that you would have done so

I agree, I bet no one has done it in the bronze age. so my point is why put in a quest that no one has done.

Shad23

Emperor
You mean InnoGames don't look at this forum.
well i don't think they do otherwise they'd maybe have done somthing about GVG by now instead of working on all those events and new features but that's just my opinion

Emberguard

Legend
I agree, I bet no one has done it in the bronze age. so my point is why put in a quest that no one has done.
The difficulty of the quest you've mentioned is pretty far into the quests. The chances of a new player remaining in Bronze long enough to have that problem is pretty slim. Not impossible of course - just its a really short age which makes it more likely a player would complete the tech tree prior to getting to that quest.

Especially with the "spend X FPs" quests in play. Took me aiding 7k+ players from guild hopping plus recurring quests to get the BPs for Babel/Zeus in bronze. If I wasn't deliberately trying the quest in Bronze Age the specific city would be in Iron Age by now simply because that'd be the only place for FPs (which would at least give the option of negotiation)

Last edited:

DeletedUser113470

And doing the “Defeat a large army “ is impossible for a bronze Age player to complete.
Actually, it's not.
I started a new city at the tail end of the winter event, just before forge bowl. And I started it with the full intention of camping in BA for a while. Not certain what 'a while' means yet, bet certainly well after the end of FB.
I started with the assumption that I wouldn't finish all the quests. By limiting myself to BA, I limit my choices. I assumed quest 38 was going to be the show stopper. GE isn't an option. And not only am I self-imposed in BA, I also haven't build Zeus, by choice.
But I defeated the large army. 1 soldier had 1 bar left at the end. But it CAN be done.

events should be unlocked with a technology from iron age
Um. NO. Just because a BA player may not be able to FINISH an event, doesn't mean they don't benefit from the event. Lots of goodness can come from an unfinished event for a new player still in BA. A statute to bronze boots isn't such a bad thing to have in a BA city. Sure, you'll tear it down and replace it with something better eventually.

Where is the list that allows players to camp in what Era’s?
There is no such list, of course. Players can do whatever they want with this game. Including camping in BA. Honestly, it's been fun to do just that.
There just aren't any promises from INNO about what you can and can not accomplish once you decide to play with self imposed restrictions like that.
If you hit a brick wall, then you either need to accept it and stop. Or remove your self imposed restriction and move on. Don't ask Inno to change the game because of your self imposed restrictions. That would take the fun out of it ;-)

Emberguard

Legend
Oh... that's it? That's all the units in Quest 38? Ok. I thought once I reach it I'd be totally ruined by warriors or something. But no heavies and no artillery. And not even a full complement on the second wave. This is awesome \o/
upload_2019-1-29_12-41-32.png

Not sure how this'll go but I've activated a tavern attack boost for that extra 1 attack. Only using spearmen for this
upload_2019-1-29_12-43-4.png

Attempt 1: Autobattle: fail.
Ok... I may have to manual fight this. (or put down a building for warrior units)

Attempt 2: Manual: Success - Doubled the rate of survival for my units from the first battle.
upload_2019-1-29_13-10-10.png

Probably didn't need to activate the tavern boost. The Zeus isn't even effecting my stats at all yet. So basically if you want to win this fight you either need more then just spears, or fight it manually. If you only try Auto Battle then what's possible with Manual fighting becomes impossible with Auto Battle

Boorg

Captain
Not sure how this'll go but I've activated a tavern attack boost for that extra 1 attack. Only using spearmen for this

Apart from the Tavern Attack Boost why didn’t you also use one Attack Boost (I am assuming you have them) from the Inventory for an easier battle? Edit

Attempt 1: Autobattle: fail.

Why did you attempt Auto Battle when you knew the odds are against you?

Probably didn't need to activate the tavern boost.

I don’t think you would have succeeded without the Attack Boost.

The Zeus isn't even effecting my stats at all yet.

When the Attack Boost GB’s are at low levels they have little or no effect on troops especially Bronze Age Troops like the Spearfighter which have only 7 Attack and 7 Defence. A Zeus at level 3 adds 9% but 7 + 9% only results to 7.63 and that is probably why you don’t see any change yet.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
Apart from the Tavern Attack Boost why didn’t you also use one Attack Boost (I am assuming you them) from the Inventory for an easier battle?
Nope. New world. If I had one then I would of used that instead of the tavern

I don’t think you would have succeeded without the Attack Boost.
You may be right, but we'll never know if I could have done it without as I activated the boost :D(after all the terrain advantages change each battle anyway)

DeletedUser116611

The chances of a new player remaining in Bronze long enough to have that problem is pretty slim. Not impossible of course - just its a really short age which makes it more likely a player would complete the tech tree prior to getting to that quest.

As you have seen it is not slim or uncommon for a player to be in the Bronze Age doing the Forge Bowl Event.

I started doing the Forge Bowl Event in the Bronze age and I hear other people are also in Bronze age are doing the Forge Bowl Event (ie: coco87) and when they get to the up to the Quest: "Complete the first difficulty level in the Guild Expeditions OR Defeat a large army" they are up the creek without a paddle.

People who are in the bronze don’t have many of the resources the other non-Bronze players have, and can’t resort to other means to complete Quests.

When you move up to the next age while doing the Forge Bowl Event is going to bring about even more difficulties than staying in the .
ie: Quest Solve a moderate negotiation OR Recruit 3 units from your age and Gather some coins
I would be hampered by not having the appropriate items from that Age. And getting them take time which the Forge Bowl Event does not allow for.

Moving up during an Event, it’s virtually a death sentence if you are in the Bronze Age.

Emberguard

Legend
@Blew The argument wasn't uncommon for them to be in bronze age, but rather unlikely for them to stay in bronze age by the time they get that far into the event due to lack of places to put FPs until you reach Iron Age.

That aside - what units are you using and are you auto or manual fighting? Is this the same group of units you're facing against?
index.php

Moving up during an Event, it’s virtually a death sentence if you are in the Bronze Age.
A new player isn't going to get the intricacies of the game right off the bat. And you're right they won't have the same resources available. That's a good thing. The best time for a player to fail and fail hard is during bronze or iron age so they can learn from it. I'm not expecting a user that's never played the game before to complete their first event (especially if they start part way through the event)

That being said a new player can definitely beat this event in Bronze age - I started my bronze age city after the event had started resulting in 5 less days then everyone else and still have more then enough time to complete the remainder.

Now how well the player understands the game and which tactics they use that's a whole other story. New players won't have the same understanding of what options are available to them, what they should hold off on and what needs to be focused on as early as possible in order to complete the event

Last edited:

DeletedUser116611

@Blew The argument wasn't uncommon for them to be in bronze age, but rather unlikely for them to stay in bronze age by the time they get that far into the event due to lack of places to put FPs until you reach Iron Age.

That aside - what units are you using and are you auto or manual fighting? Is this the same group of units you're facing against?
index.php

A new player isn't going to get the intricacies of the game right off the bat. And you're right they won't have the same resources available. That's a good thing. The best time for a player to fail and fail hard is during bronze or iron age so they can learn from it. I'm not expecting a user that's never played the game before to complete their first event (especially if they start part way through the event)

That being said a new player can definitely beat this event in Bronze age - I started my bronze age city after the event had started resulting in 5 less days then everyone else and still have more then enough time to complete the remainder.

Now how well the player understands the game and which tactics they use that's a whole other story. New players won't have the same understanding of what options are available to them, what they should hold off on and what needs to be focused on as early as possible in order to complete the event

It could be the layout of the Defending Army, I thought they had 4 horsemen & 4 Archers not Slingers in 1st wave and one horseman & 4 Spearfighters in the 2nd wave, I tried auto and manual fighting, you are correct a new player isn't going to be any good in the Bronze Age, so why give him a Quest that can be only done by an experienced player.
The quest should be structured for an inexperience player in the Bronze Age, not someone that has played for 2 to 3 years.
Does InnoGames expect all Bronze players that do this Quest to be experienced, an experience player wouldn't be in the Bronze Age, most Bronze Age players would be new players.
Is InnoGames catering for new players or experience players in the BA. Thus InnoGames want to put off new players, are they not interested in new player.
I know that the Forge Bowel Event is aware of what Age a player is in and has is Quest structured accordingly to the Age, but they failed for Quest 38 in the Forge Bowel Event.

Most new players will not sit in BA and will rush up the tech tree.

I've been helping a newbie on my 2nd world who randomly messaged me for advice when they started playing (I'd only just started on that world too) and we got chatting. Despite what I've said they are already an age above me and are struggling a little.

All the events require some experience which people need to learn for themselves but most won't hang around in bronze or iron long enough to figure out the best ways of playing