• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.23: discussion

DeletedUser4800

Well there should be NO restriction on trade. The trade ration should be increased to AT LEAST 5 and NO other restrictions put. Why shouldn't someone be able to post more than 12 trades and why shouldn't one post say 20 rope for 10 stone? I don't produce first age goods like stone, but i have a ton of rope and other higher level goods, why shouldn't I offer rope 20 for 10 stone or even 20 stone or even vice-versa if low level member wants to trade like that?

This problem would actually be fixed if its done as a "spam" trade if you just INCREASED the trade ration to 5 or 10. Instead of offering say 10 stone for 5 rope, one can offer 15 or 20 stone for 5 rope and problem fixed.

As far as stupid trades, just put an ignore option in the trade market, so you can ignore ones trades.

Any further restrictions would just destroy the game and as clearly shown by at least 50 people here and at least 5:1 ration of people in the idea sections where this stupid suggestion was suggested first, large majority of people at a ration of 5:1 didn't like restrictions.

We only had the payed community members support such a ridiculous idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1032

What happened to the trade memory? Before the update it would remember what you traded and how much, now it just resets to "Select a Good" and 0 quantity.

I think this crept up as a bug in the last update. I hope it comes back, as it was a great feature of the market.

DeletedUser276

it sounds like a bug. Also the trades thing was taken off. Dont know why we are still discussing it in here. Its a moot point at this time.

DeletedUser1032

It's a long thread, Blacksmith. Might be a good idea to edit the OP to let people know that the trade cap issue has been resolved. Otherwise every new forum visitor will see it there and automatically start raging before reading all nine pages (I admit I've done that once or twice before, will try not to do that again :-)

DeletedUser276

actually if you look it was stiked out in the OP ;) gotta pay attention mate :D

its been like that all day now.

DeletedUser2167

I still have the repeating quests, which is pretty annoying.
Wasnt that supposed to be removed?

DeletedUser10736

@TerraAnt
even though the trade cap has been resolved, players may still be "raging" on this thread because although the trade limit was removed, evidently there is still some type of trade "problem" that needs to be fixed, and i see a lot of players here voicing an opinion probably in hopes that their opinions will be taken into consideration as decisions are made on how to fix whatever this trade "problem" is . which im not sure of all the details but it seems players are complaining about spam trading and unfair trade ratios. i personally do not see how any players trade ratio could be more unfair than the one the game merchants offer, and am very appreciative of any offer a player posts, as its better than 0.1 from the merchant or no offer at all . i wish my neighborhood was flooded with this so called "spam" trading because then at least i'd have "something " to choose from. other than the 0.1 merchant offers which are same age trades only. (on this thread, i beleive many players make valid points for such things as the benefit of low age to high age trades, the benefit of having a large store of trade options) i also personally think that players should think twice before complaining about other players trades and therefore by such complaints creating a possible scenario in which trade would then need to be "micromanaged" which in turn could limit our trade freedom as well as could limit the "potential" that any players trade has to offer another player. (see my previous post in this thread).

DeletedUser6525

Can someone clarify what the update did for the repeating quests?

The update log says: - [GENERIC QUESTS - Colonial age] Quests no longer repeat and offer the same reward each time.

Was it just the same reward glitch that was fixed, or were there anything more that was changed about those quests?

DeletedUser6965

Can someone clarify what the update did for the repeating quests?
The update log says: - [GENERIC QUESTS - Colonial age] Quests no longer repeat and offer the same reward each time.
Was it just the same reward glitch that was fixed, or were there anything more that was changed about those quests?
Only the "same reward" glitch ;) It's not a good wording... the whole Changelog... These quests do not only appaer in colonial age, but in all ages.

DeletedUser6965

- Clicking on the Great building icon in the social tab of a neighbour will centre the map over the Great building directly (no more searching)
Mine does not work as described, and in fact just dumps me somewhere in his town.

Did u try to click multiple times on this icon? I can't try it here, but on BETA the map does not centre over the GB by one click, but if u click it more often, it moves more and more to the GB which was built last.

EDIT: okay, I noticed that this is also possible on version 0.22.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

I hope that a full list of everyone that helped supporting a GB is show (with FP totals for all levels) when a GB reaches level 10 instead of the actual version that only shows the list of contributors from lvl 9 to lvl 10.

This way we can keep track of who deserves our support the most.
Put a +1 here

You've all said what I wanted to say about the trades limit.

But there's another thing - in the previous update, when we went to set up a trade, the items and quantities remained inplace after the trade was set, so if I wanted, say, to do three trades of 10 items each, I only had to hit "OK" three times. This update, that lovely feature went away. Now I go to trade 10 alabaster twice, and each time I have to do it from scratch. I know, it's not the end of the world (we have a week for that!) but I really enjoyed that feature...

DeletedUser

Unfortunately things sometimes tend to 'break' when updating.
In this case it is the 'remember last trade' feature, but it has been reported here and there, so I hope the devs are aware of it and will solve the issue during the next hotfixes.

As for the trade limitations; Blacksmith actually already responded to that on page 1 of this thread and somewhere in the consecutive pages.
In addition, Checkered Jester has crossed out the feature on the changelog. So this will be reverted as it was perhaps not one of the best decisions the devs made to combat horrid trades.
That said, it is practically already solved and the revert just needs to implemented during the next update. So there's no real point in bringing it up further. :)

- L

DeletedUser

One change must return.
The trade window dont remember the last trade. example i trade gold for honey. the next trade will be gold copper. i have to select again gold.
for 0.23 the window remember gold and i have not to select again gold.
hopefully this comes back.

DeletedUser

Hi,
could someone clarify this implementation:

"You now have an option to aboard the great building construction, if you wish to place the structure but have no room in your city."

DeletedUser

Seems to me that, before, if you click on a Great Building to place it, but you failed to have sufficient space in your town, you could not abort it. Leaving you with a Great Building stuck to your mouse until you refresh of do some other things to clear your mouse.
Now there is an abort option. :p

- L

DeletedUser10276

The BattleSummary has been extended and you can view the rank above and below your position. The summery also displays the players happiness status(if you win the battle).

----------------------

I like this + feature ! It helps me to check whether I must do more battles to stay on 1st postion at the P2P tower for a while ! ;-)

DeletedUser10276

One change must return.
The trade window dont remember the last trade. example i trade gold for honey. the next trade will be gold copper. i have to select again gold.
for 0.23 the window remember gold and i have not to select again gold.
hopefully this comes back.

+ 1

It was a very useful feature and it is gone. What a pity.