• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.23: discussion

DeletedUser

ditto - the trades work in supply and demand - its the way of the free world!

Please find a different solution to a non existant problem. 12 trades is far to low, that's 1 of each deposit you will have in CA. I am always balancing my goods and always have 1-2 pages of trades up, currently 15 trades. I don't know about other neighbourhoods, but flooding is absolutely not a problem. Quite the contrary in fact. This is heavily exaggerated and not investigated. What is flooding the trade are unbalanced trades, not numerous trades. This change will fix nothing, only make the game worse as there are less trading capabilities. People already complain on my 100-100 trades, and your gonna make it worse for us all? I can't have any 50-50, 30-30 or 5-5 trades with this system. Geese what a inconvenience.

Yes I have a better idea. Timed trades. Canceled after 3 days, 6 days or whatever fit.

DeletedUser

Same as everyone, I'm concurring to make more noise...
I am not part of a guild now, but even as a single player, 12 would be a far too low number,
if the idea itself wasn't plain wrong, for all the reasons aforementioned.
Ban the lemon trades (though I think it's better some liberty remains to let an economy develop), not the opulence,
which is very much needed by all the players.
Please Blacksmith help us all on that.

DeletedUser10684

Like ethernal above, I'm just adding my voice. Before joining a proper guild I had massive trouble getting the resources I needed to advance. In my current guild however, we have a few traders who keep the goods flowing so everyone can advance. They set up lots of trades so even when they're offline we still function smoothly. There have been numerous good ideas posted here and most commenters have no experience of such a problem in the first place. My thanks to Blacksmith for taking note of our concerns.

DeletedUser

Just to add my voice to the protest about the trade cap limit. It's not a problem I have seen and destroys the basis of many a guild for no good reason. A better solution would be a time limit on trades or preventing skipping ages with trades. Trading is one of the functions of the game. Why not ban more than 5 attacks a day? Or ban building beyond a certain number of each building type? Or ban people logging in?

DeletedUser1032

very disapointed in the trade limit imposition. we as a guild created a shop, at present there are 27 pages of trades and no one ever goes without when they want it it tis there, we even have inhouse compatitions to give it away and support new players, one shopkeeper holds what the whole team has invested, now what.....change someone wants changes whole dynamic of trust in team. why not put better control over the ratios, stop all the bad trades like two era trades.

Agreed. This new imposition does not make any sense. I regularly post two or three pages of trades, and they're all gone usually within a day or so. The problem is not the number of fair trades, it's the unfair trades that are cluttering up the market. I would rather see Malhalla's idea implemented, where old trades that are not moving for three or four days are automatically removed from the market.

DeletedUser

I know that there is an option for "Guild Only" trades, but when I visit the market, it is very often flooded with one or two guild members who have put up pages and pages of very unfair trades.
In my humble opinion, there are two possible solutions to this problem: 1. The leader of the guild should kick out the unfair traders. 2. If the leader does not do that, the player should find a better guild.

DeletedUser1032

- As others mentioned, prevent trades that skip Ages, only allowing trades for an age before and an age after.
- Force expire stale dated trades that have been on the market for 7 days, for example
- Prevent 1:1 trades across Ages
- Limit trades by trade size. If flooding is a concern, limit a player to 12 trades of 30 items or more, plus unlimited trades of less than 30 items

Too many restrictions.
- It should be up to the traders to decide what age goods they want to offer. Some big players offer trades that are disadvantageous to them, in order to help new guild members. Disallowing skipping ages would remove their choice.
- Same for preventing 1:1 trades across ages, as it goes together with my point above. For example, if a new guildie needs 20 glass, but all he's got for me is 20 iron, and I'm willing to accept that trade, I shouldn't be limited by artificial impositions.

- I like the idea of expiring trades that are old. Older then three or four days would be ideal, I think. From my experience, if a trade hasn't moved in that amount of time, it's not gonna move at all.
- Limiting trades by size might be a good idea too. I've seen trades of 100 goods for another 100 goods, and they've been sitting around for over a week or two.

I'm all for getting rid of stale trades, but lets not create even more artificial limitations on the players. All trades are good, as long as both parties agree to the terms. If they don't, just remove the trades after a certain amount of time.

DeletedUser1032

Actually would be a bad idea...

Is all good if you are in a guild, but not if you play alone. At some point you need goods like 130 cloth, 170 stone and stuff... As a solo player I would not like to spend 10 forge points to trade 200 wine for 200 lumber when you can spend only a few if trades are 100:100 or 50:50.

That's why I'm against all forms of artificial limitations. Different players play differently. I only mentioned that particular case because from my past experience I did see many of those very large trades just sitting there for days.
In your case, if you find someone willing to go for a large trade like that, good on you. But it's rather rare that someone will pick it up. Personally, I'd rather put up five trades of 20:20 instead of one of 100:100, as I'm much more likely to get five different players picking up at least one of them. Finding someone who's willing to trade 100 goods at one go can be a challenge.

DeletedUser9433

Flooding the market?! Absolute rubbish!
Who ever says that has never actually played the game!

You better keep working on all the bugs, so that we don't have to keep refreshing every 2 minutes...

Keep what works well in this game and stop interfering!

After all we are all playing to have fun.Nobody wants to be ruled by somebody that has no idea about what is actually needed to let this game run smoothly, like trade!!!!

Keep making changes like this and you will kill the goose that lays the golden eggs!

DeletedUser

Actually would be a bad idea...

Is all good if you are in a guild, but not if you play alone. At some point you need goods like 130 cloth, 170 stone and stuff... As a solo player I would not like to spend 10 forge points to trade 200 wine for 200 lumber when you can spend only a few if trades are 100:100 or 50:50.

actually the remedy for that point is what i do is ask them to put all those small offers toghther and they do, they want the trade too.

DeletedUser1032

- Spending diamonds in quick succession no longer spawns an error.

Won't the quick clicking succession spawn the need to refresh every five minutes?

Just having fun with you, mate. But I must point out that until the GBs update, I rarely had to refresh my browser window. I was actually annoyed when others brought this issue up, as the game almost never crashed on me. Now it crashes every time I visit too many cities in a row for polishing or motivating. Not sure if it's memory issue, when game has to load up all these different buildings, but I've never had a problem with it before.

DeletedUser

and here i thought that was my computer,

actually been thinking about the problem of trade, in one sense it will not be to bad,

in one world i am fortunate to being in the top guild even though i have not met the warring requirements. When i first joined there was no need to have multiple entries as anything you wanted was traded within a day or less. However, and as if you haven't noticed alot have left and been replaced, bringing with them some bad habbits. unfair trade multiply entered, and what i think is the greatest evil of the game,

communication. having been "notifier" in about fifteen guilds, instructing those that read english to enter the fair trade rate being 1-1, 2-1 between the era, and i would trade if i had it. (remember 27 pages of 10's and 20 entries)

60-100 % of all communication falls on deaf ears!
they were all happy to pay the 10% tax going through ten pages a day.
offers to players under 6000 points to make dubble deals to help advance their game.
creating responsive challenges offering free product, first prize 20 gunpowder for copper.
trying to let people know their exchange rates are never going to be taken, invest the cyberspace products and make them useable for the team.

Deaf Ears

when they want us to know something , we find out
someone kicks our but and we know about it,
we even know every push of the button when trades take place

Is there no way to have buttons or something to make the team listen to the guilld leaders, to talk to all our neighbours at once like we do the guild. today and all the wonders we have but we cannot communicate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Belcher

Corporal
Too many restrictions.

No argument here; personally I don't think there's anything broken at this point. However if the devs feel something needs to be fixed, those are some options which might be less restrictive than the cap of 12.

DeletedUser

I can see the reasoning behind a limit to the number of trades a player can put up. I haven't personally had a problem with silly trade spam, but could see it being super irritating if someone were to decide to post 97 trades of stone for wire, dye for salt, etc, that you would have to page through to find what you wanted.

The first thing that comes to my mind though would be putting in the limit on regular trades but unlimited "Guild Only" trades. Then the trading guilds can be happy and if someone decides to go crazy with those, just boot 'em.

DeletedUser1032

No argument here; personally I don't think there's anything broken at this point. However if the devs feel something needs to be fixed, those are some options which might be less restrictive than the cap of 12.

Agreed. I happen to run a "revolving goods account", or at least that's what I call it. I don't really have any need for goods anymore, so whatever I got, I use to help my guildies whenever they post fair trades (some post better than fair trades). I try to keep a certain level of all goods, so whenever some run low, I use the high ones to replenish the low ones. That way the "account" stays at stable level at all times, with hundreds of goods always available to my guildies.
However, this system depends on me being able to replenish goods that are at low levels, and sometimes I end up posting tons of fair trades at once. These usually go like hotcakes, within hours, no matter if there is only a few of them, or four or five pages of them. I don't think I've ever had a trade sit around for longer than a day or two.
Unfortunately, this new prohibition is gonna screw things up in a major way. I can still get things done, but only twelve of them at one time. Sucks.

I can see the reasoning behind a limit to the number of trades a player can put up. I haven't personally had a problem with silly trade spam, but could see it being super irritating if someone were to decide to post 97 trades of stone for wire, dye for salt, etc, that you would have to page through to find what you wanted.

The first thing that comes to my mind though would be putting in the limit on regular trades but unlimited "Guild Only" trades. Then the trading guilds can be happy and if someone decides to go crazy with those, just boot 'em.

There is a better way of controlling spam like that. Instead of posing artificial limitations on every player, just allow better filters in the market screen. I wouldn't mind being able to screen all offers that come from just one or two problematic individuals. In addition to that, I wouldn't mind having a system that automatically deletes old trades (three or four days old, for example). This would actually solve the spam problem.
However, with this "twelve trades only" idea, spammers can still spam - twelve spams each time. This new idea doesn't solve spam, it only inhibits other players' trading.

DeletedUser276

As I said before I will talk with the bosses in the morning which will be in about 12 hours and see about this change. I have some ideas for altering this which should be a bit more appeasing. But honestly it might be one of two things. Preperation for something coming out later on in the game. Or it might be a slight oversight on certain restrictions. If its the first I will let you all know that its for something coming out in the future before we turn into a 1.0 update. If its the second then I will see what I can do about altering it slightly.

Your voices have been heard and I will see what I can do about this if there actually is a need for me to do something.

DeletedUser7719

First things:
- The Event History now shoes the correct plural form of buildings when polished, motivated, or plundered.
lol, I hope the grammar is corrected when shoeing the plural form

Second thing:
in one world i am fortunate to being in the top guild even though i have not met the warring requirements. When i first joined there was no need to have multiple entries as anything you wanted was traded within a day or less.
Yea, go Naked Warriors!

Okay, now unto the serious part of the topic. I either would like a 12 limit cap, or a 2:1 ratio cap, both would be too much restriction as mentioned before. I thank you Blacksmith that you are trying to end the chaos that has been started (nothing wrong with that of course ;)).

Last thing:
Perhaps there should also be an option added for "Neighbourhood Only" trades
My answer will be on something I have mentioned (somewhere in the feedback section I think?):
put your +1's here, please
(click on either here)

DeletedUser3707

Allow players to go beyond the limit cap for each "Bazar" that they build. Hell, it could be Diamonds only. I want this idea now.

DeletedUser

Well this was suggested in the ideas thread but the consensus was to cap it around 20 trades I think. 20 or 12 though, this won't affect me at all. I bet the vast majority of players won't even notice when the cap is put in, except the decreased clutter of their trades page : )

DeletedUser3315

I actually like the idea of a trade cap (although i would have preferred 20 not 12). I would also like to see offers expire after 3 days.

Can we also get rid of the merchant offer too as they are totally useless and surely no-one ever actually uses them. Or at least make them a fairer trade ratio like 0.5 - having the merchants there is equal to spam.