• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.23: discussion

DeletedUser17

Please voice your feedback and comments here:

Edit: the trade limitation will be removed soon.

Player Changelog

Hello Kings and Queens,

The 0.23 changelog will be implemented on your server on December 12th. This update focuses on improving usability for the players and correcting bugs, with a focus on the Great Buildings. Please note that a cap to the market was added to prevent spam. We hope you enjoy the new changes and we wish everyone a relaxing winter holiday.

Changelog:

Features:
- A trade limit has now been implemented to prevent flooding the market with cheap trades. Each player can now only have 12 open trades.
- The BattleSummary has been extended and you can view the rank above and below your position. The summery also displays the players happiness status(if you win the battle).
- Guild members or friends can use the event window now to motivate, polish and also visit their great buildings just like as if you were visiting them from the social bar.
- Dissolving a clan is now displayed to affected members in the event window.
- Tool-tips now have labels that become multi-line if the text is too long.
- The golden icon for motivated residential buildings and workshops has returned.

Bugfixes:
- An bug occurring when players support a neighbours Great building was fixed.
- A sound for the a Christmas bonus building was added.
- Visiting a player who has a trained military unit no longer causes an error.
- Great building names in the tool-tip are now displayed correctly.
- The Icons in the inventory window have been correctly formatted.
- Clicking on the Great building icon in the social tab of a neighbour will centre the map over the Great building directly (no more searching)
- The "disconnected" icon in the booster bar (right side bar) now work as intended.
- The Windmill production has received a SFX.
- The event history no longer displays blank lines.
- "Send a message" has been removed from the "your current offer tabs".
- The Blue Prints and the Great buildings menu now display the same information for the building bonuses.
- The "profile" text can be edited once again.
- Incoming guild mails now cause the message icon in the bottom left to light up.
- Great building tool-tip inconsistencies were reviewed and fixed.
- The supply/coin boost is now displayed from the Lighthouse of Alexandria and the St. Marks Great Building.
- A bug with creating trade offers was fixed.
- Scrollbar to the "blueprint found" window were added when necessary.
- The Guild forum in which the player is currently browsing is now highlighted to improve navigation and overview.
- A bug about distributing Blue Prints after a Great Building level up was fixed.
- Recently added friends no longer spawn a scrollover error.
- Spending diamonds in quick succession no longer spawns an error.
- Opening the map works as intended without crashing.
- The Great Building tooltip for Military boost was fixed.
- The Event History now shoes the correct plural form of buildings when polished, motivated, or plundered.
- Clicking the Map button causes the game to crash. This has been fixed.
- The formatting of the Guild forum poll-info has been optimized.
- A possibility to buy forge points form the great building window has been added.
- Forge points are now correctly subtracted and displayed after a GB forge point donation.
- The Blue print title in international versions was not correct and modified.
- You now have an option to aboard the great building construction, if you wish to place the structure but have no room in your city.
- The searching option for guilds and players(autofill) was improved.
- Great building happiness bonuses now take into consideration if the building is connected to a road.
- Miscellaneous missing translation were added.

Quests:
- [Make Childerich Pay] The logic of the quest has been improved.
- [Fnord] The needed supplies are cut off in the quest.
- [GENERIC QUESTS - Colonial age] Quests no longer repeat and offer the same reward each time.

Thank you for all your forum posts and support tickets that helped us fix these changes. Your help is as always very much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7798

-A trade limit has now been implemented to prevent flooding the market with cheap trades. Each player can now only have 12 open trades.

Please find a different solution to a non existant problem. 12 trades is far to low, that's 1 of each deposit you will have in CA. I am always balancing my goods and always have 1-2 pages of trades up, currently 15 trades. I don't know about other neighbourhoods, but flooding is absolutely not a problem. Quite the contrary in fact. This is heavily exaggerated and not investigated. What is flooding the trade are unbalanced trades, not numerous trades. This change will fix nothing, only make the game worse as there are less trading capabilities. People already complain on my 100-100 trades, and your gonna make it worse for us all? I can't have any 50-50, 30-30 or 5-5 trades with this system. Geese what a inconvenience.

Yes I have a better idea. Timed trades. Canceled after 3 days, 6 days or whatever fit.

DeletedUser9168

will this update have reduced the number of times i have to refresh the webpage in order for polished buildings to show up, happiness totals updated and goods recently obtained from trade (or aborting a current offer) to be able to be used in new offers (the figures in my goods are updated without problem it's just that i can't use them in making new offers till i have refreshed the webpage)?
Jampots

DeletedUser

very disapointed in the trade limit imposition. we as a guild created a shop, at present there are 27 pages of trades and no one ever goes without when they want it it tis there, we even have inhouse compatitions to give it away and support new players, one shopkeeper holds what the whole team has invested, now what.....change someone wants changes whole dynamic of trust in team. why not put better control over the ratios, stop all the bad trades like two era trades.

DeletedUser

I have to agree. The number of trades posted in the market isn't a problem--it's the quality of the trades. This "fix" is going to create a problem for a lot of guilds.

DeletedUser7540

Absolutely stupid decision to limit trading offers! There is 30 positions bartering goods with very different values. How long does take to fair exchange a CA goods in BA goods, if trade offers are limited to 12 ??? Your barter exchanges is very complicated and inefficient. And also you make a stupid restrictions, that does not any benefit to the players ? :-(

DeletedUser

Very VERY unhappy at this cap of the number of trades open at once. Do the jokers who come up with nonsense like this actually PLAY the game. This is fixing a "problem" I didn't even know existed. It is probably nothing to do with the stated reasons and more likely an attempt to tune the game's performance by reducing the total number of open trades across all the players in all the neighbourhoods and guilds across all the worlds.

Pathetic!

DeletedUser276

Actually thats a bit of a shock for me too. I will talk to the bosses tomorrow when they get to the office and see what I can do with this. Maybe there is something coming out soon that this needs to be changed for. Give me a day and I will see whats up.

Belcher

Corporal
I'm going to ring in on the opposition to the 12 trade cap. If there's a problem, I think there are many better solutions, but this one has a dramatic affect on people who use trading as part of their game strategy.

- As others mentioned, prevent trades that skip Ages, only allowing trades for an age before and an age after.
- Force expire stale dated trades that have been on the market for 7 days, for example
- Prevent 1:1 trades across Ages
- Limit trades by trade size. If flooding is a concern, limit a player to 12 trades of 30 items or more, plus unlimited trades of less than 30 items

I'm sure we could come up with many other ways to prevent abuse. At the very list, increase the trade cap to something between 60 and 100.

Not only will this restriction make it more difficult for traders to play, it will make it increasingly difficult for players to source goods they need in order to progress. As this can already be a challenge, why make it harder?

Trade is one way some of us keep interested in playing the game, but this cap removes that aspect of strategy and enjoyment.

There have been a lot of great features and improvements introduced since I started playing Forge of Empires, but this is without a doubt NOT one of them! Please reconsider...quickly!

DeletedUser

just dont undestand, i am in four worlds and in one i have traveled around other guilds setting up trade shop networks, so as friends we can meet each others shortages between guilds. i have never seen this problem you say exists.

your justtification is to stop all the cheap trades, you mean bad or is it not the right of advanced players to give stuff to the newer players making a stronger team.
further, if there is this problem is it not for the team leaders to deal with, any person can be removed from a guild in a click.

every change seams to be making trade harder and fighting or quiting more a reality, how about let the traders stop those whom attack them from trading with them,
something for the traders, and i think you will find alot of them,
i have guild full of players whom have to have under twenty fights. i think you can tell my dissapointment

DeletedUser276

Hellooooo look at me.. *waves arms* over here... man I must be invisible.

DeletedUser

trades need expiration dates and need to be based on VALUE not quantity.

DeletedUser2206

I know that there is an option for "Guild Only" trades, but when I visit the market, it is very often flooded with one or two guild members who have put up pages and pages of very unfair trades. They show up because they are in my guild, so even if I select to look only at guild trades, I get sometimes 30+ pages of nonsense trades. Perhaps there should also be an option added for "Neighbourhood Only" trades, but if a guildie spamming the market is also in your own neighbourhood, we will still see the nonsense trades. Personally, I was hoping for a trade cap of 10,. but 12 is fine; this will dramatically reduce the unfair spamming of the market.

DeletedUser

Yeah I`m not happy with the trades maximum either [shocking I know], so maybe you guys want to reconsider that.

DeletedUser9614

Wait, wait. I do not understand.
So guild only trade are still unlimited? - They should be
If you have unfair trader just kick him out, or ask leader to do it. Moreover, if you do not like it, leave the guild. The limitation on neighborhood would be fine.

DeletedUser7798

I know that there is an option for "Guild Only" trades, but when I visit the market, it is very often flooded with one or two guild members who have put up pages and pages of very unfair trades. They show up because they are in my guild, so even if I select to look only at guild trades, I get sometimes 30+ pages of nonsense trades. Perhaps there should also be an option added for "Neighbourhood Only" trades, but if a guildie spamming the market is also in your own neighbourhood, we will still see the nonsense trades. Personally, I was hoping for a trade cap of 10,. but 12 is fine; this will dramatically reduce the unfair spamming of the market.

A upper cap wont solve nonsense trades, at all. If you are speaking of 2-2 trade spam. Then the cap should be in that end. Minimum 10-10 trades together with expiration date is a very long way gone already. The other needed changes for unbalanced age trading is most likely harder to fix.

It is very easy to filter the trade. Choose what goods you want, if you get 30 pages in result. Then yes something is wrong, with your neighbours. Not the system. Preventing all other players from convenient play to cope with spammers, is the worst solution imaginable. Doubt none really have this "flood" problem. It's just wrong utilizing of the trading tools. Using the "need" method I have yet to find any goods going past 3 pages. I'm guessing people who would want a upper cap play on their ipad.

Putting a player on complete ignore should be a option. Removed from "your" neighbourhood just like a inactive player, which should include trades.
Then you have a fix to your unique problem and we are all happy.
A similar solution is a "ignore trader" feature.

Flipping goods are a hobby of mine. If trade was "flooded" I would be happy. It is not, not even close.

DeletedUser3157

Unlike some here, the problem with spam'ish markets I have witnessed in multiple naberhoods and guilds. Although 12 might be little extreme and hurt the less active players a bit who can't replace their trade offers that often. Prolly easyer to set bigger number and some sort of decay so people would get tired of putting their nonsense offers up every week. Esp annoying if someone has spammed the market and then gone inactive. Also 2 age uptrade limit would be nice, ala you couldn't ask anything higher than IA goods for stone or anything higher than LMA goods for rope.

DeletedUser

it is very often flooded with one or two guild members who have put up pages and pages of very unfair trades.

kick em out, problem solved

Will we be able to buy more slots with diamonds?