• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.23: discussion

DeletedUser

I do not like the cap on the trade.

I think you should implement the following feature, for guild leaders: Have guild leaders manage the cap for their guild, and trade age difference (1 age apart only, 2, etc..), and creating a specific trade expiration time. But limiting everybody to 12? That is way too low. This kind of management I think should be controlled by the guild (if you give us these feature), not for every player in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1032

On one hand, there are those players who create large numbers of fair trades. An imposed limit will be detrimental to those players, and to the way some guilds have set up their internal trading "stores". Not good, in my opinion.

On the other hand, the imposed limit will not get rid of spammers, it will only limit how much they can spam. So instead of spamming all at once, they'll just spam in daily chunks of 12 or 20. Still not good, as it doesn't fix anything.

As I've mentioned before, easy solution: make old offers expire after three or four days, and allow players to filter spammers. That way active traders and trading guilds will be happy, and spamming will disappear.

DeletedUser

On the other hand, the imposed limit will not get rid of spammers, it will only limit how much they can spam. So instead of spamming all at once, they'll just spam in daily chunks of 12 or 20. Still not good, as it doesn't fix anything.

Actually it fixes the 50 plus unfair offers people leave up for weeks if not months.

Maybe there are better ways to do it, but this was probably just a quick fix, or as Blacksmith stated, groundwork for a later change. All it really does is force people to be more strategic with their trades, instead of just trading for the sake of trading...it's not really that bad at all. As always there's some super specific style of play that the new changes just absolutely destroy, but that seems to be the case every single time they put in a patch.

DeletedUser4089

I think it's more realistic, lets imagine I'm going to a market to trade my goods. I'd be unlikely to take my entire stock, maybe I'd take some samples, then if people buy those I can set up another deal with them.

DeletedUser

I think it's more realistic, lets imagine I'm going to a market to trade my goods. I'd be unlikely to take my entire stock, maybe I'd take some samples, then if people buy those I can set up another deal with them.

(in realism) Your stock might consist of thousands of goods, but you don't go on the market to sell only 12 goods, you go there to sell much more.

DeletedUser7798

29 pages total in my neighbourhoods market. That's including a nearly capped guild and the 1:10 merchants. Suppose problem is much larger on older servers. How devs can justify how I am supposed to trade 12 types of goods into 18 other type of goods with only 12 spots, I would like to hear. Why jump to such a drastic change when there are obvious easier less game breaking fixes. Expiration date and a thorough ignore player function where ignore trades are included.
Some goods sit for weeks simply because there is no supply or demand on the market. For example alabaster in my naberhoods case, which is in high demand and very low supply. Are you telling me to not have trades up in many possible fashions to rise the chance for a score? With this cap it will be extremely hard to do any effective trading, you know there is no way to tell what kind of trades the market actually want. Nowadays I could easily fill the 12 slots up just asking for brass and talc. Sadly I also need basalt, ebony, rope, dye, alabaster and so on. There is rarely any good trades to accept.

DeletedUser1032

Actually it fixes the 50 plus unfair offers people leave up for weeks if not months.

Maybe there are better ways to do it, but this was probably just a quick fix, or as Blacksmith stated, groundwork for a later change. All it really does is force people to be more strategic with their trades, instead of just trading for the sake of trading...it's not really that bad at all. As always there's some super specific style of play that the new changes just absolutely destroy, but that seems to be the case every single time they put in a patch.

No, it doesn't. You get five jokers posting 12 unfair offers each, and you got 50 plus unfair offers on the market again.

I happen to keep anywhere between 300 and 700 units of each type of goods. Since I don't need them myself, I use them to help my guildies, sometimes a little, and sometimes a lot. All my offers are always fair, and always within same age, or one age above or below. With almost full guild, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to place as many fair trades as are needed to help the smaller guys grow. Just because the devs seem to be unable to create a simple filter or trade expiry process isn't gonna make me accept this new ridiculous change, nor your arguments for it.

DeletedUser1032

Agreed with Blacksmith, and apologies to KingMike. He's not the one who's trying to fix what ain't broken.

DeletedUser

As I said before I will talk with the bosses in the morning which will be in about 12 hours and see about this change. I have some ideas for altering this which should be a bit more appeasing. But honestly it might be one of two things. Preperation for something coming out later on in the game. Or it might be a slight oversight on certain restrictions. If its the first I will let you all know that its for something coming out in the future before we turn into a 1.0 update. If its the second then I will see what I can do about altering it slightly.

Your voices have been heard and I will see what I can do about this if there actually is a need for me to do something.

When you are in your boss office, tell him we think you are doing an awesome job. :)

DeletedUser17

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your comments. We actively read this thread and will consider your feedback.

We are discussing this and will announce any changes we plan for the future as fast as we can.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i wish i could be in a position of having hundreds of stock not needing them but being able to help everyone who puts up their offer, realistically one day i will but 99% of us are playing for that position most most guilds have no one in that position.

when what we call a shop is run properly then it cuts out all the bad offers in the guild, they cannot make the trades so they do disapear. we did have plenty bad offers then came the shop. then the shop keepers alliance, now, the guild is good, it is neighbourhood, which frankly who cares when you live for a team, but for youse players that like to go it alone WHY? a time limit is the only real answear, other that the server need would be increased for all those trades having built in timers.

thanks for getting this sorted before the fall! we of the free traders of FoE thank you

DeletedUser17

Hi Guys,

We will remove the 0.23 trading cap from the update. This will be done later today. Another solution to the trade spam issue will be implemented with the upcoming versions. We apologize for the confusion and thank you for your feedback.

Sincerely,

The Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser

Just add another filter to show/not show a particular trader if you find his/her trades of no use.

DeletedUser

Hi Guys,

We will remove the 0.23 trading cap from the update. This will be done later today. Another solution to the trade spam issue will be implemented with the upcoming versions. We apologize for the confusion and thank you for your feedback.

Sincerely,

Thank you for prompt response to widespread concern to unpopular action :)

DeletedUser

Hi Guys,

Sincerely,

This - Thank You!

DeletedUser3157

It's cool to see people below you in PvP towers after fights. Although you lately had this new feature installed that when you put up a trade offer, it remembered what it was. It was really helpful in setting up multiple trade offers and it is now no longer working.