• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event ARCHAEOLOGY EVENT

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Don't forget everyone that this event was nerfed part way through on beta. I managed to get a level 10 fair, but there were more idols given out for the first week. It might be a bit harder on live where we will be playing the "adjusted" version.

Emberguard

Legend
Don't forget everyone that this event was nerfed part way through on beta. I managed to get a level 10 fair, but there were more idols given out for the first week. It might be a bit harder on live where we will be playing the "adjusted" version.
I only played the rebalanced version, wasn't collecting the daily log in currency for most of it and was a fraction off a lvl 10 with no diamonds spent

So as long as we log in daily to collect the daily log in currency it should be reasonably expected to get a lvl 10. Just make sure to only get the 330 pack of tools when possible and focus on the idols rather then the daily specials to maximise the chances of getting the main prize until you know you've secured it.

Otherwise yeah, it could be a tough one if the currency and tools aren't being utilised effectively

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Being a fighter I will probably skip the World Fair in my main city, and concentrate on getting a few of those fairground rides which give attack/defense bonuses. The World Fair would take up quite a bit of real estate in my town which could be better utilised, and I don't need the goods/FPs anyway.

DeletedUser116822

When you look at the event screen you will see this.
View attachment 18878

Dark tiles....not revealed yet, must remove a tile next to it using 1 of the 3 tool.
Lit tiles showing treasure........ jugs contain usual stuff, troops, medals, etc etc Plus daily reward. % chance of winning one of them
Icons on their own.........tile has been destroyed leaving treasure open to collect.
As shown above there is a brush ( use to remove a single tile that is lit ) shovel ( use to remove a complete row of vertical tiles. if there is a stone tile in the row, the shovel will only remove sand tiles between the stone and the edge of the row) as well as the gold icon ( needed to complete main reward ) and jugs.

The lit tiles that are blank contain nothing, the lit tiles with treasure can clearly be seen. Those are the ones you need to get.
Using dynamite on the area top right by the jug will open the 2 dark tiles on the right above and below the stone tile.
a brush on the idol ( bottom right ) will open the idol and reveal the tile to the right and below it.

Hope this helps folks.
One issue we had on beta was working out how and where to use each tool the most productively.
some people ( including myself ) thought you had to remove every tile but later worked out that lit tiles showing nothing were in fact empty.
what are lit tiles. the sand coloured tiles.

DeletedUser116822

I agree it is possible, just. But i used diamonds as well, because i messed up at the beginning. i think the main issue with a number of players was trying to understand exactly where to use the tools and which squares were the ones to remove. Forward planning is the key, but it is also a bit difficult because when you are at the end you can only see 1 column so you need to decide which tool to use and then discover that you could have used something better when the next column opens, It would be nice if you could see 2 or even 3 columns ahead.

I also agree with weeeben, it was a real pain waiting sometimes a few days to get enough scrolls to buy the big pack. ( there i also made an error and bought the smaller pack before i saw it wasnt the best option ).
I agree with him that a lot of players may do the same here.
The best strategy i would advise is to do the rush quests but not buy anything until i have enough scrolls to buy big packs and also go after idols mainly.
The advantage of playing beta is, of course we get to practice and make these mistake, which can help us on this server.
Either way i still think its a very nice event, most players seemed to like the format and challenges the event gave.
so would it be better just to use the brush at the end to reveal the next column

DeletedUser116822

would it be better to try to uncover all the dark tiles or keep progressing through to save tools and discover more easily collectable idols that are on your pathway.

DeletedUser116822

What I did was use brush to reveal 2 more columns and try and use shovel in the middle column to reveal what is there on either side. Ofcourse it doesn't always work, but thats what I was trying most of the time.
do you need to uncover all the dark tiles or would it be better to just keep going and find easier idols

DeletedUser116822

Doesn't quite work like that though it becomes much easier to digest by playing then trying to read an explanation

Nothing can destroy walls. It can get around walls depending on placement though

Nothing can destroy treasures or statues

The jug is what you get Daily Specials from. The usual chest/cooler bag/origami animals/etc

Summary of Important Points:
- Only sand tiles can be destroyed
- Jugs contain Daily Specials and various rewards
- The statues progress you towards the next Grand Prize and are required to fully upgrade your event building

- Dynamite removes all the sand surrounding a single tile. If there's a lot of walls you can use this to see if it's better to go above or below the wall.
- Shovel will remove all sand in a single column. Doing so will reveal everything in the columns to the left and right of it. So try to use the shovel inbetween two columns to reveal more at once.
- Brush will remove a single tile.

Achievements!
- The dynamite and shovel will give an achievement for your profile if you clear the maximum amount of tiles possible with that tool
so jugs contain daily specials and stayues idols
where are the tools

DeletedUser108359

What I did was use brush to reveal 2 more columns and try and use shovel in the middle column to reveal what is there on either side. Ofcourse it doesn't always work, but thats what I was trying most of the time.

I agree in most cases this is the best way

DeletedUser108359

do you need to uncover all the dark tiles or would it be better to just keep going and find easier idols

No you dont need to, but obviously if you dont you will miss something.
so jugs contain daily specials and stayues idols
where are the tools

NO, Jugs only contain daily specials. Tools and idols will show up in tiles, they are very easy to spot, once you remove the tile they are left in the open, as in the illustration. Then you just click on them.

even.JPG
There is your idol, the tools are the same, if you use dynamite , placed where the shovel is ( which you will have collected ) you will blow away the sand covering the Idol as well as the dark tile below the idol, opening it completely and leaving either an unseen item or a blank space. BUT that would be a waste, better to use a brush on the idol which would reveal the tiles next to and below it. Then you could use the dynamite which would blow away all 4 of those dark tiles.

As you move along, any item opened but not collected will automatically collect when they get to the far left of the screen, however anything not in the open will be lost forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116822

No you dont need to, but obviously if you dont you will miss something.

NO, Jugs only contain daily specials. Tools and idols will show up in tiles, they are very easy to spot, once you remove the tile they are left in the open, as in the illustration. Then you just click on them.

As you move along, any item opened but not collected will automatically collect when they get to the far left of the screen, however anything not in the open will be lost forever.
is it better to uncover all the dark tiles or just keep progressing forward

DeletedUser116822

When you look at the event screen you will see this.
View attachment 18878

Dark tiles....not revealed yet, must remove a tile next to it using 1 of the 3 tool.
Lit tiles showing treasure........ jugs contain usual stuff, troops, medals, etc etc Plus daily reward. % chance of winning one of them
Icons on their own.........tile has been destroyed leaving treasure open to collect.
As shown above there is a brush ( use to remove a single tile that is lit ) shovel ( use to remove a complete row of vertical tiles. if there is a stone tile in the row, the shovel will only remove sand tiles between the stone and the edge of the row) as well as the gold icon ( needed to complete main reward ) and jugs.

The lit tiles that are blank contain nothing, the lit tiles with treasure can clearly be seen. Those are the ones you need to get.
Using dynamite on the area top right by the jug will open the 2 dark tiles on the right above and below the stone tile.
a brush on the idol ( bottom right ) will open the idol and reveal the tile to the right and below it.

Hope this helps folks.
One issue we had on beta was working out how and where to use each tool the most productively.
some people ( including myself ) thought you had to remove every tile but later worked out that lit tiles showing nothing were in fact empty.
so whats under the tile to the left of the image

DeletedUser108359

is it better to uncover all the dark tiles or just keep progressing forward

Sorry bud, that you will have to decide yourself as its a personal decision you need to make. I would say it depends on what you can see in your screen and try decide the best way forward for you. Realistically anything you miss there in 1 single tile you will find again later.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108359

so whats under the tile to the left of the image
If you mean left bottom corner, no idea, thats a tile you need to reveal by using a brush or a shovel. if i was going to open it i would use the shovel, as the brush would only remove the lit tile and reveal the dark tile and if it was a prize you would need to use a 2nd tool.
Using the shovel would remove all the sand in the entire row so you could collect the jug as well as anything that may be in the dark tile. Worst case scenario that tile would be empty but you would gain the prize for the jug.

DeletedUser116822

Sorry bud, that you will have to decide yourself as its a personal decision you need to make. I would say it depends on what you can see in your screen and try decide the best way forward for you. Realistically antything you miss there in 1 single tile you will find again later.
thanks jack.