• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event ARCHAEOLOGY EVENT

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser116822

If you mean left bottom corner, no idea, thats a tile you need to reveal by using a brush or a shovel. if i was going to open it i would use the shovel, as the brush would only remove the lit tile and reveal the dark tile and if it was a prize you would need to use a 2nd tool.
Using the shovel would remove all the sand in the entire row so you could collect the jug as well as anything that may be in the dark tile. Worst case scenario that tile would be empty but you would gain the prize for the jug.
no the tile next to the shovel

DeletedUser116822

If you mean left bottom corner, no idea, thats a tile you need to reveal by using a brush or a shovel. if i was going to open it i would use the shovel, as the brush would only remove the lit tile and reveal the dark tile and if it was a prize you would need to use a 2nd tool.
Using the shovel would remove all the sand in the entire row so you could collect the jug as well as anything that may be in the dark tile. Worst case scenario that tile would be empty but you would gain the prize for the jug.
ah its a jug. so you dont ever use brushes on the dark brown tiles

Agent327

Overlord
I would happily attack & plunder you & carlos. just waiting to find you in my neighbourhood, I won't just take goods, I'll take the clothes off your washing line and the shoes from your front porch.
Are you excited about archaeology event?

Archeology event seems different from other events, but isn't. Again it is a choice between the end prize, or the prizes on the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
is it better to uncover all the dark tiles or just keep progressing forward
Depends on how many stone tiles are in the way.

I'd say don't uncover /every/ tile, but if there's a significant amount still hidden it wouldn't hurt to take a peek on whichever would reveal the most. If you're leaving with half the area untouched then there's a pretty good chance there was something there but I would base it on how much it'd take to uncover that spot as to whether it's worth checking

Also look behind. The tiles about to disappear could light up

DeletedUser116822

Depends on how many stone tiles are in the way.

I'd say don't uncover /every/ tile, but if there's a significant amount still hidden it wouldn't hurt to take a peek on whichever would reveal the most. If you're leaving with half the area untouched then there's a pretty good chance there was something there but I would base it on how much it'd take to uncover that spot as to whether it's worth checking

Also look behind. The tiles about to disappear could light up
thanks. could you tell me about the tiles that light up. does mean the dark tiles becoming sand colored tiles or an object showing itself under the sand coloured tiles. sorry not up on the terminology hope you understand

Emberguard

Legend
thanks. could you tell me about the tiles that light up. does mean the dark tiles becoming sand colored tiles or an object showing itself under the sand coloured tiles. sorry not up on the terminology hope you understand
index.php

I'm just going to borrow Cap's image for the explanation
even.JPG

The tiles I've marked in red are ones that can "light up". These are sand tiles that you know are sand BUT you don't yet know if there's anything in the sand. The other sand tiles are brighter in colour and show if there's anything in them (in this case one the top left has nothing, the other has an idol)

DeletedUser116822

index.php

View attachment 18886

The tiles I've marked in red are ones that can "light up". These are sand tiles that you know are sand BUT you don't yet know if there's anything in the sand. The other sand tiles are brighter in colour and show if there's anything in them (in this case one the top left has nothing, the other has an idol)
so if one of the tiles light up what does that mean

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I'm sorry with all the instructions so far, everything still seems a blur.

index.php

The tiles marked in red -- they look like sand but can we trust our eyes? Would they turn into walls once we reach there? (Also who built the walls anyway)

Emberguard

Legend
so if one of the tiles light up what does that mean
I'm sorry with all the instructions so far, everything still seems a blur.

The tiles marked in red -- they look like sand but can we trust our eyes? Would they turn into walls once we reach there? (Also who built the walls anyway)
yes the ones marked in red are sand tiles. You know it's sand because it uses the same graphic just greyed out a bit.

Fully saturated tiles you see whether there's something in them (fully saturated colours is what I mean by "light up")

Greyed out tiles (like the ones in red) mean you see info in regards to layout but not items. So it shows what kind of tile it is [floor / sand / wall] but not whether the sand tiles contain anything.

As you dig away sand it allows you to see the contents of the closest surrounding tiles.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
One question to clear all the clouds, is "How many statuses can a tile have, all in all?"

Here, let's borrow the same picture again:
even3.JPG

Tile Type #1 -- dark, and unknown. But to what extent? Possibilities:
A. We know it is sand but we don't know if there is any vase or idol or anything underneath.
B. We know it is sand and we also know there is definitely no vase (because a vase is always half-revealed) but we don't know if there is idol or tool beneath)
C. We don't even know if it is sand because there could be only a surface of sand and once "lit" (the surface sand removed), there is actually wall underneath

Tile Type #2 -- Lit. Half known. But are we sure by now, that there is nothing underneath it (which makes it in effect the same as Tile #6, totally empty)? Or is there still something different between Tile #2 and Tile #6?

Tile Type #3 -- Walls.
Why can't the walls be removed? Even with dynamites? That does not make sense. I think "walls" are not "stones" (as in Tile #6, the "background stones"). The background stones are not moveable by any tool but the wall should have been removeable.

Tile Type #4 -- Is this the shovel that the player uses to dig ("advance the footage") or is it a reward tool to be collected? -- This is not a real question as I know it is reward tool to be collected but still, it may be puzzling to many people. And, if it is a reward tool what is the different between Tile #4 and Tile #5? From the information given by Captain JackSparrow, the Shovel of Tile #4 will be auto-collected, if still not yet manually collected, once it reaches the left edge of the frame. Does the idol in Tile #5 get auto-collected, too? If so, can I say that in essence, Tile #4 and Tile #5 are no different even one with sand and one without?....

Tile #5 -- Comparison with Tile #4 as described above.

Tile #6 -- Hmmm. There is nothing about it. Just have been added for more numbers and dramatic effect...

(By the time I finished composing this, some parts are already answered...)

More questions -- is the following true?

Use a tool on Tile #1, it becomes like either Tile #2 or Tile #5;

Use a tool on Tile #2 again, it becomes like Tile #6; or
Use a tool on Tile #5 again, it becomes like Tile #4;

Use a tool on Tile #4 a third time to collect it.

There is no vase involved so far. If there is a vase: Use a tool on the Vase (the fourth time) to break the vase and retrieve the scrolls or anything within.

???

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
@Bewildered Zeratul Yeah lets go with the numbers that'll make things easier

Tile #1
Only thing you know is it's sand
It could have a jug, an idol or just sand

Tile #2
It's just sand

Difference between #2 and #6
- you can dig on #2 with a brush.
- #6 is empty and does nothing other then allow you to access the tiles next to it. You can use a dynamite on #6 to clear #2 and #5 together.

#3 Tile (walls, stones, whatever you want to call them)
- They're there to block you and make it a challenge
- It means once you clear #5 you can't go up on that particular tile but you can continue forward

#4 that's what's left behind once a sand tile is cleared (if it had been poking out of the sand either on visible tiles or tiles like #1 that you don't know the contents of yet). Pick it up and you have a shovel. If the screen scrolls it out of view then it'll automatically be picked up

#5 you have to dig this up. If you don't you lose the item

#6 yeah that's just a empty tile. You can see what's in tiles next to empty tiles as long as they're close enough to other empty tiles.

Emberguard

Legend
index.php

The most important difference between brush, shovel and dynamite is really simple:

> Brush can be used directly on sand (#2 or #5). Clearing tile #5 will tell you what's in the tiles above and to the left of tile #1
> Shovel and Dynamite take away sand BUT need an empty space (#6 or #4) to be used on

Walls (#3) of course prevent the tools from working on that space

Emberguard

Legend
More questions -- is the following true?

index.php

Use a tool on Tile #1, it becomes like either Tile #2 or Tile #5;
#1 cannot be accessed yet. The brush can only access #2 and #5. The Dynamite if used on tile #4 can access those two tiles and the tile underneath #5. Shovel is useless in this screenshot

Use a tool on Tile #2 again, it becomes like Tile #6; or
Correct. #2 will always become #6 if you use a tool on it[/QUOTE]

Use a tool on Tile #5 again, it becomes like Tile #4;
Correct (but with a idol instead of the shovel)

Use a tool on Tile #4 a third time to collect it.
No. You can pick up items only if you're currently not using a tool -OR- leave it and let it scroll off the screen. It'll auto collect once no longer visible providing it is in the state of #4. If it's like #5 when the screen scrolls it offscreen you lose the item

There is no vase involved so far. If there is a vase: Use a tool on the Vase (the fourth time) to break the vase and retrieve the scrolls or anything within.
Everything that was true for the idol is true for the vase

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
@Emberguard

Great!
I now feel ready to become a fully-informed & fully equipped archeologist!

Through further examination, I have two new discoveries:
First, the "tiles" are 3D, cubic shape, and not 2D rectangular;
(which answers the question "what is the darker-brown strip in the lower part of the lighter-brown rectangle?)

rectangular.png

Second, what exactly are in a jug (or vase, or flask, or pot, whateves...)?

vase.png

Well, this is not shown anywhere in the anouncement but can only be seen from a freezed frame in the youtube video:

inside.png

DeletedUser108359

index.php

#1 cannot be accessed yet. The brush can only access #2 and #5. The Dynamite if used on tile #4 can access those two tiles and the tile underneath #5. Shovel is useless in this screenshot

Correct. #2 will always become #6 if you use a tool on it

Correct (but with a idol instead of the shovel)

No. You can pick up items only if you're currently not using a tool -OR- leave it and let it scroll off the screen. It'll auto collect once no longer visible providing it is in the state of #4. If it's like #5 when the screen scrolls it offscreen you lose the item

Everything that was true for the idol is true for the vase
and also for the tools you will find