• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event ARCHAEOLOGY EVENT

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Don't care. Don't need it. Unlike you I have an Inno at lvl 80 and compensate that with a Alca and Hagia at lvl 80. It's win/win, but good to see you have some great advice for the "moderately advanced" players. With you as their guide what on earth could go wrong.

All can reach lvl 80 this and lvl 80 that eventually. The time measurement may be in "years" but attainable. However, if they don't take care while newbie and while "moderately advanced" they could miss some goody goody stuff in the middle, in the process. In that case, they can't go back an age or era to retrieve those (unless starting a new world). Just like you, who reached a point where the grand reward of an event means nothing to you (so that you neither need it nor care about it). So I think it's a "win / win / Lose" (yes there is "win/win" contained in it if you neglect the third dimension).

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Umm, no offense meant, i thought this topic was about the event, not about useful and/or not so useful Gb's :rolleyes:
The event hasn't started yet. Not everyone plays on beta. To understand sophisticated lessons and experience from those who already went through the whole thing, those who haven't yet gone through it has to first assimilate a ton of abstract, large-in-amount and small-in-significance information in order to "get to the point" that matters. So let's start with the basics. There is the brush. There is the shovel. And there is the explosives. There is a jug in the sand. The jug is visible. Is the golden statue visible, too? I don't know. Is the golden statue placed in the jug? I think not. I think the statue is buried in the sand and not visible until the sand is removed. And when the sand is removed, there is no guarantee that there is any statue under it. The dynamite is powerful in removing sand as well as walls. But it can destroy hidden treasures that is not yet revealed (statue) and that is half-revealed (jug) but this by now is the second layer of assumption based on assumed answers to the previously mentioned questions that I don't know. And what is in the jug? Is it scrolls? This is so confusing.

And then, there is the rotating wooden-horse thing. In appearance, it looks like the May Pole. In function, if it is 3x3 and gives 6% Attack and 6% Defense, what to do with the cultural building from the Genghis Khan the Great Khan event which gives 6% attack only?...

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
I think to be precise, "expectation" leads to disappointment (and frustration); "hope" leads to despair -- which is great! These all sounds promising.

Last edited:

DeletedUser116921

I LOVE EVENT BUT MY WALLET IS CRYING:P
As a new player, i have to face more difficulties and spend more diamonds to keep up with other experienced player.

Galladhorn

Monarch
As a new player, i have to face more difficulties and spend more diamonds to keep up with other experienced player.

You should not spend Diamonds to keep up with more epxerienced players – This game is Looong term. I do not know the calcualtions now a days with the Arc meddling with everything – but back then I played in a GvG guild not using Diamonds – our leader made calcualtions and found that the average pretty active player would be about 3 weeks behind players using Diamonds. 3 Weeks in this game is not much - but most likely these calculations would look different now. Overall learning the base game first should be a priority and give some satifaction before trying to keep up with higher ranked players. Give it some time – other higher ranked players might have many cities with diamond farms etc. its okay to use some Diamonds but to pay your way through this game is extremely expensive, so take care not to over do it.

Last edited:

PomPoms

Sergeant

Actually, you don't face more difficulties than any of us did as new players. And why do you feel you have to keep up with experienced players? It takes YEARS to become an experienced player in this game. Everything about this game needs patience and perseverance and you will EVENTUALLY get there. Prizes are actually getting better than the offerings we had as newbies so pick and choose and take your time and your city will grow slowly but surely.

Agent327

Overlord
All can reach lvl 80 this and lvl 80 that eventually. The time measurement may be in "years" but attainable. However, if they don't take care while newbie and while "moderately advanced" they could miss some goody goody stuff in the middle, in the process. In that case, they can't go back an age or era to retrieve those (unless starting a new world). Just like you, who reached a point where the grand reward of an event means nothing to you (so that you neither need it nor care about it). So I think it's a "win / win / Lose" (yes there is "win/win" contained in it if you neglect the third dimension).

There is no goody goody stuff in the middle. In the end you replace everything.

DeletedUser116921

Actually, you don't face more difficulties than any of us did as new players. And why do you feel you have to keep up with experienced players? It takes YEARS to become an experienced player in this game. Everything about this game needs patience and perseverance and you will EVENTUALLY get there. Prizes are actually getting better than the offerings we had as newbies so pick and choose and take your time and your city will grow slowly but surely.
Thank you for your advise.

DeletedUser114342

Sorry, thank you for pointing that out. It is actually 60 quests, plus 1 day. I believe it is about 3 weeks actually because of the rush quests 1st.
Sorry , been a tough day and the memory is a bit hazy.
My apologies for any misunderstanding.:blush:

Hey no problems and hope the rest of your week gets better :)

DeletedUser114342

And then, there is the rotating wooden-horse thing. In appearance, it looks like the May Pole. In function, if it is 3x3 and gives 6% Attack and 6% Defense, what to do with the cultural building from the Genghis Khan the Great Khan event which gives 6% attack only?...

The botanical rotunda still gives a greater attack boost than the carousel at higher eras so that is the reason for me that it will remain in my city.

What the carousel will replace are the athletes living quarters and contestants’ estate as their attack and defence bonuses don’t measure up to the carousel. I will not miss the coins, goods, medals and population (I have an Inno ;)) that these buildings produce.

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
The event ends on May 22nd. I've also amended the announcement to include the fact that the carousel also includes an attack bonus for your city as well as defence.
The event ends on May 22nd. I've also amended the announcement to include the fact that the carousel also includes an attack bonus for your city as well as defence.

"The Carousel is a 3x3 Cultural Building which provides a permanent Defensive and Attack Boost to your city, "

Sorry the above is not accurate.

Carousel increases the attack boost of the player's attacking army and provides a permanent Defensive Boost to your city. It doesn't give attack boost to city defenders.

Deleted member 109369

"The Carousel is a 3x3 Cultural Building which provides a permanent Defensive and Attack Boost to your city, "

Sorry the above is not accurate.

Carousel increases the attack boost of the player's attacking army and provides a permanent Defensive Boost to your city. It doesn't give attack boost to city defenders.

yes, thank you, I"ll fix that

Emberguard

Legend
So let's start with the basics. There is the brush. There is the shovel. And there is the explosives. There is a jug in the sand. The jug is visible. Is the golden statue visible, too? I don't know. Is the golden statue placed in the jug? I think not. I think the statue is buried in the sand and not visible until the sand is removed. And when the sand is removed, there is no guarantee that there is any statue under it. The dynamite is powerful in removing sand as well as walls. But it can destroy hidden treasures that is not yet revealed (statue) and that is half-revealed (jug) but this by now is the second layer of assumption based on assumed answers to the previously mentioned questions that I don't know. And what is in the jug? Is it scrolls? This is so confusing.
Doesn't quite work like that though it becomes much easier to digest by playing then trying to read an explanation

SThe dynamite is powerful in removing sand as well as walls.
Nothing can destroy walls. It can get around walls depending on placement though

But it can destroy hidden treasures that is not yet revealed (statue) and that is half-revealed (jug)
Nothing can destroy treasures or statues

And what is in the jug?
The jug is what you get Daily Specials from. The usual chest/cooler bag/origami animals/etc

This is so confusing.
Summary of Important Points:
- Only sand tiles can be destroyed
- Jugs contain Daily Specials and various rewards
- The statues progress you towards the next Grand Prize and are required to fully upgrade your event building

- Dynamite removes all the sand surrounding a single tile. If there's a lot of walls you can use this to see if it's better to go above or below the wall.
- Shovel will remove all sand in a single column. Doing so will reveal everything in the columns to the left and right of it. So try to use the shovel inbetween two columns to reveal more at once.
- Brush will remove a single tile.

Achievements!
- The dynamite and shovel will give an achievement for your profile if you clear the maximum amount of tiles possible with that tool

DeletedUser116525

I wish things like the carousel stuck to one thing rather than giving bonus for attack & defence.
Attack for attacking units doesn't do much, defence for defending the city doesn't do much either.
these buildings should give the real stuff, defence in attack or attack in defence.

So instead of 8% attack & 8% defence, should be like 8% attack and 2% defence in attack
or 8% defence & 2% attack in defence.

DeletedUser108359

So let's start with the basics. There is the brush. There is the shovel. And there is the explosives. There is a jug in the sand. The jug is visible. Is the golden statue visible, too? I don't know. Is the golden statue placed in the jug? I think not. I think the statue is buried in the sand and not visible until the sand is removed. And when the sand is removed, there is no guarantee that there is any statue under it.

When you look at the event screen you will see this.
event 2.JPG

Dark tiles....not revealed yet, must remove a tile next to it using 1 of the 3 tool.
Lit tiles showing treasure........ jugs contain usual stuff, troops, medals, etc etc Plus daily reward. % chance of winning one of them
Icons on their own.........tile has been destroyed leaving treasure open to collect.
As shown above there is a brush ( use to remove a single tile that is lit ) shovel ( use to remove a complete row of vertical tiles. if there is a stone tile in the row, the shovel will only remove sand tiles between the stone and the edge of the row) as well as the gold icon ( needed to complete main reward ) and jugs.

The lit tiles that are blank contain nothing, the lit tiles with treasure can clearly be seen. Those are the ones you need to get.
Using dynamite on the area top right by the jug will open the 2 dark tiles on the right above and below the stone tile.
a brush on the idol ( bottom right ) will open the idol and reveal the tile to the right and below it.

Hope this helps folks.
One issue we had on beta was working out how and where to use each tool the most productively.
some people ( including myself ) thought you had to remove every tile but later worked out that lit tiles showing nothing were in fact empty.

Last edited by a moderator: