• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event ARCHAEOLOGY EVENT

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser108359

@Emberguard

Great!
I now feel ready to become a fully-informed & fully equipped archeologist!

Through further examination, I have two new discoveries:
First, the "tiles" are 3D, cubic shape, and not 2D rectangular;
(which answers the question "what is the darker-brown strip in the lower part of the lighter-brown rectangle?)

View attachment 18892

Second, what exactly are in a jug (or vase, or flask, or pot, whateves...)?

View attachment 18890

Well, this is not shown anywhere in the anouncement but can only be seen from a freezed frame in the youtube video:

View attachment 18891
yes jugs contain the usual event stuff. the daily prize and then either medals troops coins supplies etc etc. just like the pond lillies in previous event

Emberguard

Legend
:lol: yes, carefully =,D

@Mad Max McGill
Dynamite is good for if you have multiple items in range that a shovel either can't reach or would require more then one tool if you don't use the dynamite.

Sometimes you'll have items behind and in front of a empty tile which would be great for a dynamite to be used on. Or you might have from top going down item, wall, item. Dynamite would get both items in one go.

Alternatively if you have no items on screen and a lot of walls inbetween the sand it allows you to open more then one path at once to help with deciding which one to go forward with when you see what's behind

DeletedUser116822

:lol: yes, carefully =,D

@Mad Max McGill
Dynamite is good for if you have multiple items in range that a shovel either can't reach or would require more then one tool if you don't use the dynamite.

Sometimes you'll have items behind and in front of a empty tile which would be great for a dynamite to be used on. Or you might have from top going down item, wall, item. Dynamite would get both items in one go.

Alternatively if you have no items on screen and a lot of walls inbetween the sand it allows you to open more then one path at once to help with deciding which one to go forward with when you see what's behind
thank you. very helpful

DeletedUser116822

If I wanted to go for the daily special S.o.K would it be better to wait for the second appearance. might sound like a strange question, but in the last event I completed all the instant quests on the first day but only got 4 S.o.K, so made me wonder whether the chances of getting the daily special are not so great on the first day

Emberguard

Legend
The chances are the same regardless of when you use the currency however you'll have more currency built up by the time it appears the second time if you wait until then before spending (assuming it appears twice based on the pattern of previous events)

I normally get 10 DS's +/- 1-2 with the free event currency. Last event first SoK was Day 1 so you'd only have access to about half your currency give or take. So 4 SoKs is precisely what I'd normally expect to receive from spending half my currency

Last event was a little different in the balancing as prioritising distance (silver/gold origami) gave that kind of average while prioritising DS's (white/brown origami) gave a higher amount of DS's then usual

DeletedUser108359

If I wanted to go for the daily special S.o.K would it be better to wait for the second appearance. might sound like a strange question, but in the last event I completed all the instant quests on the first day but only got 4 S.o.K, so made me wonder whether the chances of getting the daily special are not so great on the first day
i don't know really. it's a question i often ask myself in events. go for what i like early or wait till i have more scrolls etc and go for broke .
i would assume the odds are the same early or later.
but obviously if you have more scrolls etc you have more chances
Sorry I know this doesnt really answer your question.

DeletedUser111428

As for me, when (in the past) I wanted to get my hands on SoKs during an Event, I would wait on the 2nd time that they would be offered...why? Because I would then have more of the "items" needed to try to get my hands on them (by "items" I mean in this Event the scrolls)

So in this Event, if I would want to go for SoKs, I would wait on the 2nd run because I would then have more chances of getting some from the urns :)

DeletedUser116525

20 minutes to go and we can start getting through the quests, really hope they put up the merry go round first up but in reality, it'll just be a plain old SoK which coincidentally is becoming redundant with the World Fair and things like this, oh, and bye bye to my terrace farm, another redundant item thanks to WF

DeletedUser96901

are the labyrinths in all worlds identical ?

opened the first 4 columns in 3 worlds and to that point they are

Emberguard

Legend
In the last event the starting sequence of origami animals was set and everything after it randomised so I wouldn't be surprised if the starting section of the labyrinth is as well, pretty sure they're random after that but I'll ask for an official answer to make sure

Alternatively you could stich together screenshots of your progress and get people to compare with theirs