• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event ARCHAEOLOGY EVENT

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser108359

The tool shop.
event tools.JPG

This is from beta, not sure if it will remain as is, or be changed

DeletedUser116525

The lit tiles can have idols, not all are shown up front, that would be too easy

DeletedUser108359

The lit tiles can have idols, not all are shown up front, that would be too easy

Many of us thought the same thing in the beginning, and wasted lots of tools opening those tiles, however we discovered that the lit tiles that show nothing ARE empty. If a tile has a treasure it is shown, as illustrated. If you had to open every single tile it would be impossible to get even close to completing the game.
Its not as easy as it looks.

DeletedUser116525

Many of us thought the same thing in the beginning, and wasted lots of tools opening those tiles, however we discovered that the lit tiles that show nothing ARE empty. If a tile has a treasure it is shown, as illustrated. If you had to open every single tile it would be impossible to get even close to completing the game.
Its not as easy as it looks.

Well it would be easy if you could see which tiles had items, what would then be the point of it?
it would just be a matter of scrolling through.
Sure there's many lit tiles without items but many with items, you probably got fed up with getting blank one's and assumed there's nothing, but if you use the dynamite on a block of lit blocks you will reveal items.

DeletedUser108359

Well it would be easy if you could see which tiles had items, what would then be the point of it?
it would just be a matter of scrolling through.
Sure there's many lit tiles without items but many with items, you probably got fed up with getting blank one's and assumed there's nothing, but if you use the dynamite on a block of lit blocks you will reveal items.

If you use dynamite on a few blocks you will normally reveal lit blank tiles and lit tiles showing items. Same as if you used the brush or shovel. if you use anything on a lit tile it vanishes leaving an empty space or the item shown.

I did the above to try help players get an idea of what to expect, If only 1 player finds it helpful and appreciates it, im a happy sailor.

im not going to argue the point with you,

Post edited.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116525

I did play the event on beta, a discussion is not an argument, it's ok to assume incorrectly too, don't take differentiating opinions to heart, it's all fun.

DeletedUser108359

I LOVE EVENT BUT MY WALLET IS CRYING:P
As a new player, i have to face more difficulties and spend more diamonds to keep up with other experienced player.

You dont need to spend spend money and buy diamonds, if you a new player and you want to catch and keep other with players who have been playing for 5+ years, you are going to need a LOT of money.
Dont try keep up, play at your own pace, it can be difficult in the beginning but it gets better as you go along. Read everything you can find in the forums and the wikis, there is heaps of information and advise.
Anything you not sure of, ask, many players will be more than willing to help, ( some wont ) but thats life.
Be careful of trying to sprint before you can walk, it can make the game a lot more difficult.
Best of luck to you. :D
P.S YOUR game is what YOU make it, not other people.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser116525

You dont need to spend spend money and buy diamonds, if you a new player and you want to catch and keep other with players who have been playing for 5+ years, you are going to need a LOT of money.

Using diamonds in events can and will help to catch up to long term players very quickly.
Take this new event and all previous events for that matter, if you use diamonds to get more than one special prize at full level then your catching up real quick.
Just look at the high scoring players, sure they may have GB's levelled high, in time everyone can have that, but they don't have many special buildings, instead the type of things they win for free.

Terrace Farms are a good example, most higher players will have lots & lots of TF's, well, with diamonds you can go one better with the new World Fair, takes up less space and is much better than a TF.

Meaning that in a much shorter time frame, your special buildings will be much more efficient & powerful than players that have played for 5+ years.
Same with GB's, getting the right GB's early on, perhaps using some diamonds to buy BP's & trading for goods will change your game and give you the boost needed to catch up even more.
Inno for population, Traz for happy, arc to play the real game & himeji for all the supplies you will need, freeing up a lot of space for special buildings that set you apart from the normal run of the mill players.

Non diamond players will go out of there way to justify themselves or try put diamond players on some kind of guild trip. :)

DeletedUser116322

P.S YOUR game is what YOU make it, not other people.:rolleyes:
ja, definitely, unfortunately you have lots of players dictating what you should do or not, an example, one character says that if he aids you but if you don't aid back he will attack/plunder you, now imagine if you have to oblige to everyone's mad demands then you're playing to please others needs (by force)

DeletedUser116525

ja, definitely, unfortunately you have lots of players dictating what you should do or not, an example, one character says that if he aids you but if you don't aid back he will attack/plunder you, now imagine if you have to oblige to everyone's mad demands then you're playing to please others needs (by force)

I would happily attack & plunder you & carlos. just waiting to find you in my neighbourhood, I won't just take goods, I'll take the clothes off your washing line and the shoes from your front porch.
Are you excited about archaeology event?

DeletedUser108359

It seems that we are slowly drifting away from the topic of this Thread; let's go back and discuss about this upcoming Archaeology Event...less than 2 days left for the Event to start! :)

Do you know if its been changed in any way, is is it going to be the same as it ended in Beta

DeletedUser108359

Using diamonds in events can and will help to catch up to long term players very quickly.
Take this new event and all previous events for that matter, if you use diamonds to get more than one special prize at full level then your catching up real quick.
Just look at the high scoring players, sure they may have GB's levelled high, in time everyone can have that, but they don't have many special buildings, instead the type of things they win for free.

Terrace Farms are a good example, most higher players will have lots & lots of TF's, well, with diamonds you can go one better with the new World Fair, takes up less space and is much better than a TF.

You are correct, if you buy and use diamonds it will help a lot also the event and even some GE buildings now are much better than the ones from a few years back. I think for what it gives the World's Fair is a great building.

Non diamond players will go out of there way to justify themselves or try put diamond players on some kind of guild trip.

I must disagree with your generalization here, perhaps Some non buying players do as you say, but not all of them.

These days the game has become that even non buying players can still get at least 1 of the main and secondary prizes if the play regularly and well.

DeletedUser111428

I mean is everything exactly the same, the scrolls per quest, scroll packs etc
...difficult to say, since it will only be released on Thursday and I do not have access to this info...but I would be inclined to say that Quest Rewards, Scroll Packs and Tools Purchase Prices will be the same or extremely similar ;)

DeletedUser116525

a little tweak would be good as far as prices for scroll packs is concerned.
the game is a little slow waiting to get enough to buy the big pack.

I think most are going to ruin their chance to get a level 10 world fair simply by wanting to play straight up and using their currency to buy small packs which they'll waste in just a few moves so I expect a lot of complaining once they all realise they'll be short of the level 10 WF

Since there's no final reward like bronze, silver, gold, there should be more WF upgrades as the main prize for getting 20 idols.
It's a long way to get 20 and a measly watchfire or another SoK is not good enough, infact every grand prize should be either a WF or Carousel.

DeletedUser111428

a little tweak would be good as far as prices for scroll packs is concerned.
the game is a little slow waiting to get enough to buy the big pack.

I think most are going to ruin their chance to get a level 10 world fair simply by wanting to play straight up and using their currency to buy small packs which they'll waste in just a few moves so I expect a lot of complaining once they all realise they'll be short of the level 10 WF

Since there's no final reward like bronze, silver, gold, there should be more WF upgrades as the main prize for getting 20 idols.
It's a long way to get 20 and a measly watchfire or another SoK is not good enough, infact every grand prize should be either a WF or Carousel.
Based on what I have seen on Beta (and from my discussion with Beta players who played the Event), they all managed to get a Level 10 World Fair simply by completing all Quests and by using the available Tools properly; being able to exchange tips & tricks with other players helped them as well to use the best strategies based on specific situations :)

Once the Event starts, we will see what kind of Feedback we will see in this Forum from FoE players but, with proper planning and patience, everyone should get a Level 10 World Fair without "ruining themselves" :)

I personally think that it is not a long way to get 20 Idols by using the available tools to uncover them, as long as you play strategically and plan your moves ahead most players should be fine...patience is a virtue at the end of the day! :)

DeletedUser108359

Based on what I have seen on Beta (and from my discussion with Beta players who played the Event), they all managed to get a Level 10 World Fair simply by completing all Quests and by using the available Tools properly; being able to exchange tips & tricks with other players helped them as well to use the best strategies based on specific situations :)

Once the Event starts, we will see what kind of Feedback we will see in this Forum from FoE players but, with proper planning and patience, everyone should get a Level 10 World Fair without "ruining themselves" :)

I personally that it is not a long way to get 20 Idols by using the available tools to uncover them, as long as you play strategically and plan your moves ahead most players should be fine...patience is a virtue at the end of the day! :)

I agree it is possible, just. But i used diamonds as well, because i messed up at the beginning. i think the main issue with a number of players was trying to understand exactly where to use the tools and which squares were the ones to remove. Forward planning is the key, but it is also a bit difficult because when you are at the end you can only see 1 column so you need to decide which tool to use and then discover that you could have used something better when the next column opens, It would be nice if you could see 2 or even 3 columns ahead.

I also agree with weeeben, it was a real pain waiting sometimes a few days to get enough scrolls to buy the big pack. ( there i also made an error and bought the smaller pack before i saw it wasnt the best option ).
I agree with him that a lot of players may do the same here.
The best strategy i would advise is to do the rush quests but not buy anything until i have enough scrolls to buy big packs and also go after idols mainly.
The advantage of playing beta is, of course we get to practice and make these mistake, which can help us on this server.
Either way i still think its a very nice event, most players seemed to like the format and challenges the event gave.