• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.17 - Modern Era - discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

DeletedUser

No. It's so bad in ZZ that it's impossible for it to stay the same in real release.

Forgestats has a level 7 value for it of 37500 coins and 2500 happiness... I don't know how accurate that is ??

DeletedUser3157

Forgestats has a level 7 value for it of 37500 coins and 2500 happiness... I don't know how accurate that is ??

That's the ZZ numbers I mentioned :P

LOL... I think all the players are logged onto Forgestats designing their new cities... I haven't been able to log onto it all day :)

Actually he has problems with host right now. Pretty bad timing lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5904

We have in the past seen GB's nerfed...........remember losing 1000's of medals from Deal castle when the values were altered, not altered from the date of the update that introduced it but from the day you built it.?

Apples and oranges comparison...no more like Road Apples and Oranges comparison. Deal was nerfed after only a few months of being live. It was released on Live server 12-7-2012 and the change was made on 2-5-2013 in change log 0.26 and while it was a pain (especially in retrospect where medals are so cheapened these days), at the time it was overpowered and face it maybe 1% of the population had a Deal Castle at the time of the nerf where these days GB's are so common it's a surprise NOT to see them in cities. The goods producing great buildings on the other hand have been live for nearly 14 months working as intended and are being changed? They aren't overpowered, they aren't game breaking, and they have worked this way entirely too long to come along and turn them upside down now. Far too many people have build their cities around them. You can slice this thing any way you want it but this is by far the worst and farthest overreaching change this game has seen to date. It's total garbage.

DeletedUser

The 3rd BA age sector that we can unlock on the ME map.... does anyone know is it near the start of the map or right at the end by which time it won't be as useful ??

Wrap the answer in a spoiler if you know :)

DeletedUser13082

I'm confused at why everybody is complaining about GB's not producing ME goods. I understand the argument behind the complaints but I don't understand why you would want them too. Since the release of great buildings, goods buildings have been obsolete. Without this change for how we obtain ME goods they may as well have just taken goods buildings of the game entirely and made GB's the only way to obtain goods. This brings goods buildings back into the game and I for one am glad it does. It adds an extra challenge for those of us getting bored of the game. Now we have to implement goods buildings back into our cities and not just rely on GB's which means working harder for our points as we will have less city space for supply/coin buildings. It will also make it more difficult for players to reach the end of ME tech tree where as the previous tech tree updates (InA and CA) were easily completed within a week of release. Enjoy the challenges while you have them as I can assure you that you too will grow tired of this game eventually as the challenge slowly lessens as your progress further.

DeletedUser

I'm confused at why everybody is complaining about GB's not producing ME goods.

It's because they were sold as providing goods of the current age and took a great deal of time and effort (and in some cases cost) and now they no longer provide goods but rather materials... I don't think it's at all confusing why so many players are complaining.

It will also make it more difficult for players to reach the end of ME tech tree where as the previous tech tree updates (InA and CA) were easily completed within a week of release. Enjoy the challenges while you have them as I can assure you that you too will grow tired of this game eventually as the challenge slowly lessens as your progress further.

Very true... but there were a million different ways the devs could have slowed down player advancement...

I'm not going to be too impressed if in future they implement a reward in GvG that pays out ME goods..

DeletedUser

Thanks ThreeSixes... I'm still not sure though if it's one of the last or first regions unlocked :)

DeletedUser5904

I'm confused at why everybody is complaining about GB's not producing ME goods. I understand the argument behind the complaints but I don't understand why you would want them too. Since the release of great buildings, goods buildings have been obsolete. Without this change for how we obtain ME goods they may as well have just taken goods buildings of the game entirely and made GB's the only way to obtain goods. This brings goods buildings back into the game and I for one am glad it does. It adds an extra challenge for those of us getting bored of the game. Now we have to implement goods buildings back into our cities and not just rely on GB's which means working harder for our points as we will have less city space for supply/coin buildings. It will also make it more difficult for players to reach the end of ME tech tree where as the previous tech tree updates (InA and CA) were easily completed within a week of release. Enjoy the challenges while you have them as I can assure you that you too will grow tired of this game eventually as the challenge slowly lessens as your progress further.

On 9 out of the 10 worlds where I play I still have goods buildings. I carry anywhere from 1 to 7 goods buildings in addition to anywhere from 2 to all 5 of the goods producing great buildings on these worlds, primarily to stock up on goods that my GB's and Wishing Wells don't produce. So for the vast majority of players goods buildings weren't out of play due to great buildings.

Simply put I built Great Buildings to give me an advantage, it's more or less what they were designed to do. 5 of these buildings will lose some to most of their advantage as soon as I complete the first tech in ME. As far as the challenge part of it goes you can challenge me by adding challenging content, not by breaking my toys and telling me to find a different way to have fun.

DeletedUser13805

does this affect st marks or albert hall ? do they still give out the boosts to collections or are they being cut to ?

DeletedUser13082

@The Emperor, As I said, I understand the argument behind the complaints, What I don't understand is why it's a bad thing. Yeah fair enough the buildings were advertised as offering goods from current age but in my opinion that isn't much of an argument anyway that's just nit picking and trying to be awkward. All just in my opinion but I think that it's a brilliant idea for creating a new challenge in the game and as I said, I think the argument concerning prior advertisement is simply being awkward for the sake of being awkward. Does it mean that if the buildings weren't originally advertised as giving goods from current era then you would be happy with the update?

@coltfan, I have no clue why you would need to produce that many goods to be honest. Again, just my opinion, but producing that many goods in pretty pointless. Once you are past the stage of needing them for GB's and tech tree they're worthless. The exception of needing them for guild wars soon obviously but with that not yet being released I don't see any use for that many goods

DeletedUser

I also think the decision to include WW's in the downgrade was very poor... They only give 10 goods anyway and any player I know who has more than 2 or 3 of them paid for them.... They are pretty useless now because lets be honest they don't give up diamonds very often and the goods, supplies and medal payouts are hardly worth the space investment and that's a shame because when they first came out they were so cool :(

DeletedUser7719

Does it mean that if the buildings weren't originally advertised as giving goods from current era then you would be happy with the update?
If they told us that they were going to give 3 age old goods eventually, I would of rethought my decisions of getting a Tower of Babel, and dumping my FP into my FD (and rather my Alcatraz). I don't mind it not giving current age goods if either I get make use of the goods I'm getting, but I will have lots of excess because of this update and I will have no use of them once I hit the Post Modern Era.

ME goods will become very useful once Guild Wars come out (if we are still in the ME ;)). We will need all the goods we can get ;) (and no, I am pretty sure that they will not be a reward from Guild Wars :p)

DeletedUser

@The Emperor, As I said, I understand the argument behind the complaints, What I don't understand is why it's a bad thing. Yeah fair enough the buildings were advertised as offering goods from current age but in my opinion that isn't much of an argument anyway that's just nit picking and trying to be awkward. All just in my opinion but I think that it's a brilliant idea for creating a new challenge in the game and as I said, I think the argument concerning prior advertisement is simply being awkward for the sake of being awkward. Does it mean that if the buildings weren't originally advertised as giving goods from current era then you would be happy with the update?

I'm not sure how hard a challenge it's going to be to temporarily knock down a few buildings to put up some Goods factories and do a bit of trading (I managed OK when I started the game)... Like many PE players I'm not short on coins or supplies.... But what exactly am I meant to do with all these double rate Colonial goods when I have produced the goods I need after the first month or so and I reduce ME goods production ??? At least before I could use them to help my guildmates... Now they will just produce one of those European milk mountains ;)

DeletedUser1081

No, it's not "simply being awkward for the sake of being awkward". A vendor claims a product does X, waits until months after you invest in it, then unilaterally decides the product shall cease to do X starting next week.

And since you (just to be awkward?) ask: It's pretty obvious that no one would have any reason to object to this change if the GBs had been advertised all along as producing "some random goods to be announced as we go along". But that's not what was stated, and of course we object.

DeletedUser7739

when you advertise something and receiving money for it you shouldn't change the things people have paid for......this is what scammers do.....couldn't they foreseen this from the start ? why didn't they think ahead and see that the ''current age goods system'' will give them headaches in the future? why they do things by trial and error ?

maybe some bold us men will things further

DeletedUser914

I also think the decision to include WW's in the downgrade was very poor... They only give 10 goods anyway and any player I know who has more than 2 or 3 of them paid for them.... They are pretty useless now because lets be honest they don't give up diamonds very often and the goods, supplies and medal payouts are hardly worth the space investment and that's a shame because when they first came out they were so cool :(

Here you hit a point: I paid thousands of diamonds to get 12 WWs. From now on, I got about 200-300 back in half a year time and that is not much if you compare with the investment. Also 12 WWs give 3 FPs daily on avarage, so about 0,25 FP/WW/day. Also not very much and now also just CA goods? Half a year ago designers where happy to take my money and now they change the rules (WW output): this is unfair and they need to give ME goods in stead of CA.

I WISH that Wishing Wells give nice ME goods!

DeletedUser7990

when you advertise something and receiving money for it you shouldn't change the things people have paid for......this is what scammers do.....couldn't they foreseen this from the start ? why didn't they think ahead and see that the ''current age goods system'' will give them headaches in the future? why they do things by trial and error ?

maybe some bold us men will things further

So, when you signed up for FoE and they didn't have the modern era, and then they bring in the modern era, you're angry because you didn't sign up for the modern era? Then go back to the start and begin playing again.

They're changing the game in a new era, you didn't sign up for ANYTHING from the modern era. It's like buying a loyalty card from an airline like BA, when they got rid of the concorde, what could you do? Nothing. You either leave, or stay and accept the changes.

DeletedUser7990

It's because they were sold as providing goods of the current age and took a great deal of time and effort (and in some cases cost) and now they no longer provide goods but rather materials... I don't think it's at all confusing why so many players are complaining.

SO what's the difference between goods and materials? The name?

Some people don't like change. Boohoo. I'm looking forward to the change.

DeletedUser7739

So, when you signed up for FoE and they didn't have the modern era, and then they bring in the modern era, you're angry because you didn't sign up for the modern era? Then go back to the start and begin playing again.

They're changing the game in a new era, you didn't sign up for ANYTHING from the modern era. It's like buying a loyalty card from an airline like BA, when they got rid of the concorde, what could you do? Nothing. You either leave, or stay and accept the changes.

I can't see your logic.... I signed up for CURRENT AGE GOODS BUILDINGS when I 've built them...or you did them for their looks ?
or the wishing wells for their aquatic beauty ? :D