• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.17 - Modern Era - discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

DeletedUser96901

If GvG arrives it's the people who've completed most of the Tech Tree that will have the best troops, and the biggest edge. In fact, three of the last 5 techs in the tree (including the final one) are military units. Wanting to win the ME Tower is going to push people through the tech tree regardless of boredom later on. :)
and how many will fight in modern age GvG ?

almost nobody:
who will produce thousands of modern age goods which where required when he could use his 200 colonial age goods per day from their GBs and fight in the colonial age part

DeletedUser15986

and how many will fight in modern age GvG ?

almost nobody:
who will produce thousands of modern age goods which where required when he could use his 200 colonial age goods per day from their GBs and fight in the colonial age part

Yes, Modern Era GvG is going to be practically dead. Too expensive, especially with the broken ME GBs. CA will have a lot of players initially, mainly the bigger ones, but given the cost of GvG in terms of goods I have my doubts as to how many people will join in for the long term. (It's certainly not appealing to me, even as a heavy Goods producer. The amount of effort invested for the reward gained is even less than PvP.)

DeletedUser5180

Yes, Modern Era GvG is going to be practically dead. Too expensive, especially with the broken ME GBs. CA will have a lot of players initially, mainly the bigger ones, but given the cost of GvG in terms of goods I have my doubts as to how many people will join in for the long term. (It's certainly not appealing to me, even as a heavy Goods producer. The amount of effort invested for the reward gained is even less than PvP.)

the fact that many players will share this opinion will make it very much alive, (in my opinion) no-one can say how the goods change will affect GvG yet, its too soon to say. and even if it does affect it, then is a different age with a different approach to producing goods and GvG in whatever way it shapes up not a vast improvement on what we have now.?

surely clicking on a GB every 24 hrs and seeing yet more goods stock pile themselves is not very ambitious, is something diffenert not more appealing to that even if it may or may not be perfect to everyone.?

DeletedUser3157

Yes, Modern Era GvG is going to be practically dead. Too expensive, especially with the broken ME GBs.

This reminds me a suggestion for a new kind of GB bonus for a possible future GB - % booster for goods production. Like LoA, RAH or StM, but just for goods factories.

DeletedUser15986

surely clicking on a GB every 24 hrs and seeing yet more goods stock pile themselves is not very ambitious, is something diffenert not more appealing to that even if it may or may not be perfect to everyone.?

The same sentence could easily read "Surely clicking on a goods building and seeing yet more goods stockpile themselves is not very ambitious", or "Surely clicking on a coins/supplies building and seeing yet more coin/supplies stockpile themselves is not very ambitious"... The same applies to every building in the game that produces something once a day.

My ambition comes from what I do with the goods I create, not the method of creation. As I've stated previously in the thread, I run a lot of Goods Buildings from all Eras because my ambition is to be a source of goods for my whole guild, as well as playing the questline/map aspects.

I'm all for something different, and the combination of needing coins/supplies plus previous Era goods to generate ME goods does that, but I'd rather not see that difference also presented in the form of a bait-and-switch scam that reduces the effectiveness of "extra-special" buildings that I've invested time and effort into by up to 80% once I hit a certain point.

My problem is not with something different, it's with the game-breaking change to Great Buildings and Wishing Wells - which are a special case because they have taken a lot of time/effort/FPs/Diamonds/Money to get to where they are, and this change makes a fundamental change to something that should be fairly constant. It has effectively regressed them 3 Eras for anyone hitting ME, for no justifiable reason that couldn't have been achieved by better (and less destructive) methods.

A question for you regarding "something different"; Would players be happy seeing "something different" in the form of the bonus from Offense GBs being reduced in the same way once the player hits the Modern Era - with a full Maxed set going from 150% to 30% - unless a manual battle taking 45 minutes was undertaken against each player? Because that pretty much mirrors how the Goods Buildings are being nerfed.

DeletedUser15986

This reminds me a suggestion for a new kind of GB bonus for a possible future GB - % booster for goods production. Like LoA, RAH or StM, but just for goods factories.

The only downside I can see with this is the removal of the "random goods" element. That is something that is truly valuable in the Goods GBs, because it allows players to acquire goods that they cannot generate themselves at a reasonable rate.

But otherwise, yes this would be a better change than regressing GB/WWs back three ages.

DeletedUser5180

A question for you regarding "something different"; Would players be happy seeing "something different" in the form of the bonus from Offense GBs being reduced in the same way once the player hits the Modern Era - with a full Maxed set going from 150% to 30% - unless a manual battle taking 45 minutes was undertaken against each player? Because that pretty much mirrors how the Goods Buildings are being nerfed.

We have in the past seen GB's nerfed...........remember losing 1000's of medals from Deal castle when the values were altered, not altered from the date of the update that introduced it but from the day you built it.?

I think this change in the game is not introduced to slow players down but to encourage guild co-operation........that surely, must be a good thing. if it means more advanced players with maxed out gbs have to make some sacrifices then so be it......i personally have been twiddling my thumbs bored for months now, as i said earlier i give 1000's of goods away to help others, hopefully i will manage to satisfy my needs and also continue to support others......i will just need time to find a strategy to do this and suggest we all do the same before knocking it

DeletedUser76094

the only real important question is

from which age are the goods that great buildings produce ?

The only real important question is, are the users and their money/time being taken for granted? As far as my understanding from playing online games goes, when a game comes out of beta version, everything released in the past remains as is regardless of what the new offerings attempt to introduce. Going by this logic, the hundreds of diamonds I spent on getting the goods producing GBs have literally been made useless.
This is a very disappointing trend to an otherwise exciting era about to be rolled out.

DeletedUser15986

We have in the past seen GB's nerfed...........remember losing 1000's of medals from Deal castle when the values were altered, not altered from the date of the update that introduced it but from the day you built it.?

I think this change in the game is not introduced to slow players down but to encourage guild co-operation........that surely, must be a good thing. if it means more advanced players with maxed out gbs have to make some sacrifices then so be it......i personally have been twiddling my thumbs bored for months now, as i said earlier i give 1000's of goods away to help others, hopefully i will manage to satisfy my needs and also continue to support others......i will just need time to find a strategy to do this and suggest we all do the same before knocking it

The change for the medals wasn't pleasant, but the game was still in beta at that point and the reward stayed the same albeit at a lower amount. If the game was still in Beta, or the ME goods buildings had been changed to reduce the amount of ME goods being awarded, this conversation wouldn't be happening. Neither of those is the case though; the game is at full release and the GBs aren't giving out the same goods. The goods GBs aren't even giving out the goods they were in the previous age, they are being regressed to give goods from 3 ages behind ME as soon as I research the first ME tech.

Also, how is it possibly going to increase my Guild interaction if I have less goods to trade with them? I'll still need to interact with ME producers anyway for the research tree, because I'll need to gather large amounts of specific goods rather than having to wait until random goods have built up to a suitable degree. Otherwise the rest of my guild are **** out of luck because I've had to demolish the buildings I was producing goods in to benefit them just to make up the shortfall from the GBs.

It's going to actually reduce my guild interaction overall because I don't have the luxury of having finished the tech tree and therefore have no high-rises to pack people into. I'll lose either 50% of my current production that is aimed at helping Guildies, or increase the time requirements by 400% if I can find the population to build an extra ME Goods building. I'll end up with less reason to interact, not more, by a huge margin.

And as I've said before, it's not the strategy to build things that I have a problem with. It's taking a fundamental aspect of a long-term (and expensive) element of the game and reducing the bonus by such a massive degree. Any one of the three solutions I mentioned several posts back would have been a better solution, and much less damaging/unfair on players. As it is, a building that has been promised as giving goods of the current age is no longer going to do so. It's going to be set back by three months in the bonus I'm getting, which is an irrelevant bonus in ME due to already producing what I need in the way of CA goods.

In the most basic terms possible, the Goods bonus from GB/WWs actually becomes irrelevant in ME. I can produce the CA goods I need anyway, and it actually becomes a penalty in that it just adds time/population requirements for the "bonus" I'm getting. Might as well have gotten rid of the bonus outright, or just left it producing PE goods which would have been more useful.

DeletedUser7719

I can think of at least three ways to change the GB/WWs without reducing their value by such a huge degree.

A) Reduce the number of goods earned past ME by 50%. Players get less goods, but they still retain the random element and don't have to spend additional time converting them. This basically retains the value of the GB/WWs, just reduces the rate at which they provide a relevant bonus.
That actually will hit the nail on the Tower of Babel, and make it almost useless to have now from a population perspective. Also, I don't see how people wouldn't complain about this if this CA-goods idea wasn't going to happen first :p

B) Give the same number of goods, but require the player to have the "ingredients" in their inventory to make them. This gives the players the same random element, gives them the same number of current age goods, but also requires them to trade/create Colonial Goods themselves.
Had the same idea on the beta forums ;)

C) Just give PE goods instead. This makes the GB lag behind by an Era - But at least it's not 3 Eras, and not so much of a ripoff after all the investment. It also frees up PE production buildings whose population can be used to build ME+Colonial buildings instead.
This would be perfect if they required us to pay PE goods in order to produce ME goods. If this was implemented, I wouldn't have too much of a problem as along as they increased the output at least 20% compared to the PE

@akkers: I have to agree with Lord B. The theory of using older goods to produce new ones would require guild cooperation. I love this idea, and hope they continue it, but changing GBs to produce CA goods is not a good thing for two reasons: excessive amount of CA goods and uselessness of CA goods in the Post Modern Era.

DeletedUser10967

Who knows, maybe they'll continue the same path and we have to use CA goods in Post Modern Era as well.

DeletedUser96901

Who knows, maybe they'll continue the same path and we have to use CA goods in Post Modern Era as well.
if they continue this way in Postmodern Era we will use Industrial Age goods and Iron Age map boost to build the goods

DeletedUser3200

My bronze age goods don't match my col age goods, will anything be done to help me and others with that problem?

DeletedUser

No. Everyone will have 3 modern era goods boosted by a deposit(2 bronze age deposits + 1 more bronze age deposit in modern era). You just need to spend various CA goods as cost of producing the modern era goods. Now if you would also plan to self-produce the CA goods on your own, then yes you could have limited options. But I hardly see why an advanced ME player would need to produce his own CA goods, esp with all the goods GBs then producing CA goods everywhere on double the normal numbers.

Not everyone has all of the goods GBs, though. So not only could it be bad for those players, but it could turn out to be incredibly bad if they're unlucky enough.

Since there are 5 goods per age, and you'll have 3 BA deposits, and 2 CA deposits, it's possible that someone could end up with 3 boosted ME goods that they don't have the CA deposits for. (unless the 3rd BA deposit isn't random, but guaranteed to be one that corresponds to a different CA good you have a deposit for)

It's one thing to rely on trade to move through the tech tree, or to build a GB, because that's just been the way the game has worked from the beginning, but relying on trade just to be able to produce any of your own ME goods kind of sucks.

It doesn't effect me, and is an interesting twist in the goods production system, but I can see how it could end up sucking for some people.

DeletedUser96901

and you'll have 3 BA deposits, and 2 CA deposits
you will also have a third CA deposit on the modern era map

so everyone will have at least one corresponding BA and CA boost

but really lucky people will have 3 :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

you will also have a third CA deposit on the modern era map

so everyone will have at least one corresponding BA and CA boost

but really lucky people will have 3 :rolleyes:

Ahh, I didn't read that, just the 3rd BA deposit. So it's not THAT bad.

DeletedUser3157

Btw another idea I had for a bit was an universal deposit GB. But I had trouble figuring out how it would work into 10 levels. Like maybe have it hit active on lvl1 and then some 2ndary bonus that's pretty ok on it's own just increases every level or smth? Ala maybe some happiness or smth like that. It be not most useful to most, but still valueble to some who wanna depend on their own goods production everywhere and not trade much(some like I can read from some recient replies). Or actually it would give some pretty neat freedoms to everyone tbh, can choose of 5 depending on best fitting shapes and biggest needs etc, esp if all next ages will go down with more goods factories needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

does anyone know the definate happiness value for the space needle gb.?

DeletedUser

LOL... I think all the players are logged onto Forgestats designing their new cities... I haven't been able to log onto it all day :)

DeletedUser3157

does anyone know the definate happiness value for the space needle gb.?

No. It's so bad in ZZ that it's impossible for it to stay the same in real release. Or as the primary bonus.

Last edited by a moderator: