• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.17 - Modern Era - discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

DeletedUser7128

Thanks Inno sound Great.

Questions...:

1. Will GB`s produce Colonial age Goods in Modern Era?
2. When will Duplicate BP`s have a Use?
3. When will we get Unattached Unit Filter in Army Management?
4. Any hints as to when GvsG will Start?

Cant wait for new age.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

Oh, this is coming even little sooner than expected, what a nice suprise. Hopefully u have the balancing numbers also figured out for the absurdly overpowered premium buildings and underpowered GB. Yeah still waiting for the unattached filter, but new age is 2nd best update news one can hope for.

DeletedUser15432

O have noticed that most updates and additions occur on a Wednesday, it would have been nice to have this one implemented on Saturday 11th, I estimated that it would arrive a little later than it has done. Let us see what the actual reality is before we all start throwing additional comments around, after all we only have 5 days and 18 hours to wait and see the actuality.

DeletedUser4195

Good to see this coming much sooner than expected.

But - no mention in the changelog that GBs and wishing wells will no longer produce goods from 'the current age' as they were originally sold to us?

Does that mean the idea has been dropped or is it just being slipped in?

DeletedUser96901

the only real important question is

from which age are the goods that great buildings produce ?

DeletedUser12153

Other Features/Changes

It was previously possible to participate in the PVP tournaments before unlocking the tower. This is no longer the case.

Does this mean that I get 0 points if i fight with for example a mix of colonial age and industrial age soldiers while not having the industrial age tower unlocked or will i get points in the colonial age tower instead?

DeletedUser15986

I also request clarification regarding the production of Goods from Great Buildings. As a change is not listed in the Changes section, has the idea a) been dropped following all the negative feedback from players of the Beta release, or is it b) going ahead anyway without us being informed, or c) just been put on hold until a future update?

DeletedUser96844

@ test ament...GBs will produce colonial age goods...according to info reamed from beta server forum.
these goods will be then used to manufacture the modern age goods

@ johnw...good point on the wishing wells..maybe instead of dropping the goods rewards back to colonial age (as per GBs) inno should maybe look a scrapping the goods rewards from wishing wells alltogher and replacing with better percentage rate on forge point and diamonds rewards..that way the cannot be accused of breaking the deal on them by rewarding goods outwith 'current age'

DeletedUser7719

@ test ament...GBs will produce colonial age goods...according to info reamed from beta server forum.
these goods will be then used to manufacture the modern age goods
There was also info reamed from the beta server that you could contact support to get a free confectionary :rolleyes:
Things change which is why we shouldn't be mentioning things directly from there (that's why this is the big question here)

DeletedUser7719

I also forgot to mention: it wasn't mentioned on the changelog on the beta as well...

DeletedUser1081

I'm really really really hoping they've decided to leave the goods-producing GBs and wishing wells unscathed.

I'm also really hoping they're adding some she-rock&rollers to the avatars. I want Long Tall Sally!

By the way, the date they've announced for the launch of the Modern Era is Elvis's birthday. Coincidence? You decide! :cool:

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I really dont understand why everybody's so concerned with what goods the GB's will be giving out ...Its a game that is supposed to be a new challenge with every new age...So if at all its going to give older age goods shouldnt we all take it as a challenge ??? Whats the fun in getting all the goods from 4-5 GBs in lump-sum and finishing the tech tree in a few days of the new age released and then crying over to wait for any new developments in the game ?? ... just my thoughts ...:rolleyes:

Puablo

Corporal
Does it make any difference if some people have already started building the old age production factories again. What information have they been given that is not applicable to others?

DeletedUser15986

I really dont understand why everybody's so concerned with what goods the GB's will be giving out ...Its a game that is supposed to be a new challenge with every new age...So if at all its going to give older age goods shouldnt we all take it as a challenge ??? Whats the fun in getting all the goods from 4-5 GBs in lump-sum and finishing the tech tree in a few days of the new age released and then crying over to wait for any new developments in the game ?? ... just my thoughts ...:rolleyes:

I don't mind new challenges, but I object heavily to Bait-and-Switch changes. I have Goods GBs so that I can gather Current Era goods more effectively, and a lot of players have invested a lot of time/effort/FPs/diamonds/money* into GBs and Wishing Wells in order to get goods "of the current age", not "Goods from 3 Ages back that we have loads of anyway".

If** this change comes in then my production rate for goods in ME and above will be massively nerfed, meaning my long-term efforts to help my production of the current era will be greatly affected.

* delete as inapplicable

** I say "if", I should say "when" because the developers have shown they don't care. It'll get implemented regardless of the overwhelmingly bad feedback from the test server.

DeletedUser5180

i agree, and as EVERY PLAYER faces the same new challenges we will just have to adapt to them, perhaps rethink our personal strategies to overcome new challenges. I think that guild participation will now, eventually come to the fore and play (a much needed) a far more important role to our game play

DeletedUser96901

and for the people to adapt even more
who knows if attacking great buildings (zeus, aachen, castle del monte) will work in guild vs. guild

because:
now we know that a game relevant changing of the great buildings is possible

DeletedUser

I really dont understand why everybody's so concerned with what goods the GB's will be giving out ...Its a game that is supposed to be a new challenge with every new age...So if at all its going to give older age goods shouldn't we all take it as a challenge ??? Whats the fun in getting all the goods from 4-5 GBs in lump-sum and finishing the tech tree in a few days of the new age released and then crying over to wait for any new developments in the game ?? ... just my thoughts ...:rolleyes:
Getting the goods in "lump-sum", is the right of everyone that tried hard to get all the blueprints and goods for their respective Great Buildings. Every change brought with it an improvement to the game, i started playing it when i saw the comercial on tv thought it could be something i can play at the office, the final age was LMA at that time, there were no GB and no unit perks and i don't mean attack and defense bonuses. GB appeared after, bringing bonuses to them that helped people fast cranking through the ages. Now i would really like to see the brainstorming at the table with who decided that making GB produce goods from colonial age, probably a influential one that others can't argue with. The reasoning of it (of what i can think of at the time) was that because of GB's people don't really have to build goods production buildings for the modern era and tried to force pushed through the throat of players the meaning to build them, 'cause sure as hell that is not an improvement to the game, I prefer to gather goods from GB because they can't be plundered, and only build goods production buildings up until the previous of what era i am currently. If that is the main reasoning then it is a petty thing, like pushing an old lady down the stairs and asking where is she rushing, to which i only have one other thing to say to the developers .

DeletedUser3157

I'm looking forward to the new goods system. Old one had gotten boring and entire game feature of producing goods from factories had grown meaningless. New age, new changes, new ways of getting things done in the new age, I like that.