• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.17 - Modern Era - discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

DeletedUser5904

"I just don't get the logic ??"

Is this game about winning? Some people are pushed towards being the best, and to be the best you have to take what is thrown at you. I think from my personal point of view, I reached the end of the tech tree ages ago, I defeated all the areas in "Europe" ages ago, I want something different. The challenge is now there, instead of say "it's just the same as before".

I wouldn't have seen the logic in keeping everything the same. Now the game will get more exciting. Bring on Wednesday!!!

Contrived changes to existing content that adds nothing more than an additional tear down and rebuild into the mix does not a challenge make...a c-block maybe, additional time sink/hoops to jump through perhaps, but not challenging lol. Horrible change, no matter how you slice it or try to defend it.

DeletedUser13805

Contrived changes to existing content that adds nothing more than an additional tear down and rebuild into the mix does not a challenge make...a c-block maybe, additional time sink/hoops to jump through perhaps, but not challenging lol. Horrible change, no matter how you slice it or try to defend it.

bythe sounds of things in this thread the farmers are up in arms over the new changes and it makes a change from the pvp players being up in arms at the constant changes they forced on us time after time.
the only thing i am looking forward to is the new ability to go first with surprize attacks this sounds interesting an could cause quite a few headaches on the battlefield it might even work towards defending towns being ultra hard to break so i am looking forward to the new battles i dont care about the farming side of things as i have never been a farmer
it does look like plundering will be very high on the agenda with players loseing there safe net of gbs so dont know how that will pan out if thats the case

i think we will all just have to get used to the new system yes it will cause some players to feel there robbed but we all felt like that when changes came in
people have been in a comfort zone for a long time now so i like the way the devs shake things up causeing all sorts of problems but the players still keep on hanging in there
i have lost count of the times i have wanted to quit this game over changes yet i am still here plugging away and i guess most players will do the same

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

lets look on the other side of this:
players with only a few or no goods great building

they need to produce 1600 extra colonial goods to get the 1600 modern age goods needed for research
and if their modern age goods building is plundered they will actually lose the production of 2 goods building

now many people will not care about them and the plundering of modern goods will be much higher than now of the progressive age goods because they won't get their goods from the GBs and must get it elsewhere

so the players who are most punished by the GB change are not the big players because they can adapt very good but small players who will get plundered more often than now

DeletedUser

so the players who are most punished by the GB change are not the big players because they can adapt very good but small players who will get plundered more often than now
Yup. Plundering rate in PE is very low, mostly due to goods-GB (attackers have enough goods from GB and are not 'hungry'; defenders often do not have PE goods blds). This is not right, and devs decided to correct the situation.
Vae victis.

GrahamMills

Master Corporal
If you don't mind me asking this:-
Do we actually KNOW that these changes to the GBs production will occur or are we just making assumptions from the Beta server.

My biggest gripe about this game is the lack of information from the developers. When they announce an update such as this we get minute detail such as Vehicles sometimes drove sideways after turning around corners on 2x2 roads. but there is NO statement at all about significant changes such as the one to GB production.

DeletedUser4195

Do we actually KNOW that these changes to the GBs production will occur or are we just making assumptions from the Beta server.

My biggest gripe about this game is the lack of information from the developers. When they announce an update such as this we get minute detail such as Vehicles sometimes drove sideways after turning around corners on 2x2 roads. but there is NO statement at all about significant changes such as the one to GB production.

That was my question Graham. It isn't mentioned in the changelog so does that mean it isn't happening or is just being slipped in on the quiet?

Nobody seems to be prepared to answer which kind of makes it feel like it is being slipped in. After all it would only take a few seconds to say it isn't!

John

DeletedUser5904

bythe sounds of things in this thread the farmers are up in arms over the new changes and it makes a change from the pvp players being up in arms at the constant changes they forced on us time after time.
the only thing i am looking forward to is the new ability to go first with surprize attacks this sounds interesting an could cause quite a few headaches on the battlefield it might even work towards defending towns being ultra hard to break so i am looking forward to the new battles i dont care about the farming side of things as i have never been a farmer
it does look like plundering will be very high on the agenda with players loseing there safe net of gbs so dont know how that will pan out if thats the case

i think we will all just have to get used to the new system yes it will cause some players to feel there robbed but we all felt like that when changes came in
people have been in a comfort zone for a long time now so i like the way the devs shake things up causeing all sorts of problems but the players still keep on hanging in there
i have lost count of the times i have wanted to quit this game over changes yet i am still here plugging away and i guess most players will do the same

Nope, this "farmer" also PVP'd every neighbor, every day for nearly a year up to a few months ago on my main EN7 toon when time became too much of a restriction. Actually, the PVP player was granted the most wonderful gift of all in this game to date, and that was the Alcatraz GB which keeps them from having to build a megaton of military buildings...that's if you actually know what you are doing when you PVP. Furthermore, this "farmer" resides in a neighborhood on his main where he hasn't been plundered since PE came out, because that neighborhood has one of the most solid plunder alliances going in this game (Thanks KJ2000 for all your hard work BTW). So it isn't a safety net issue for me.

Nope, I am up in arms over this ridiculous change because it was wholly unnecessary and I feel 100% cheated by Innogames over this matter.

DeletedUser

Beta server is mostly to use players to spot game bugs, as long as it is in there will be implemented, because they don't care about game feedback, it's not like "We have an idea, see if you guys like it and we'll see if it will hit the main server."

DeletedUser

Why COLONIAL goods? Why the heck are players being punished by being thrown back TWO whole ages? Why can't players just continue producing Progressive Age Goods when they reach Modern Age?
The logic of the colonial goods is there, will just give one example : For Packaging ME good, you need to use up Paper. The logic is there, the illogic part is making the GB's produce Colonial age goods, to use manually in the respective production building. That's why many people like Coltfan1313 feel that inno games cheated players.

DeletedUser15986

Nope, this "farmer" also PVP'd every neighbor, every day for nearly a year up to a few months ago on my main EN7 toon when time became too much of a restriction. Actually, the PVP player was granted the most wonderful gift of all in this game to date, and that was the Alcatraz GB which keeps them from having to build a megaton of military buildings...that's if you actually know what you are doing when you PVP. Furthermore, this "farmer" resides in a neighborhood on his main where he hasn't been plundered since PE came out, because that neighborhood has one of the most solid plunder alliances going in this game (Thanks KJ2000 for all your hard work BTW). So it isn't a safety net issue for me.

Nope, I am up in arms over this ridiculous change because it was wholly unnecessary and I feel 100% cheated by Innogames over this matter.

Same here. I'm only halfway through the Progressive Era but I can win my PE Tower if I decide to spend the time each day. It's just a case of it not being worth the time any more, unless I've got more free time than usual.

Plundering also isn't a problem if you have good timed collections, which any long-term player tends to have, and if I miss my collections that's my problem not problem with the game.

The Goods change to the GB/WWs is a game-breaker, pure and simple. The devs don't care, are unlikely to even acknowledge it, and Inno are pretty much certain to ignore player concerns/complaints and go ahead anyway. We'll be lucky to get even a cursory reply about it, which (should it appear) will almost certainly amount to nothing more than "Look at it as a challenge", and ignore the underlying reasons and problems.

DeletedUser13805

i see you was one of many thousands of pvp players who gave up playing months ago as the time it took after the devs changed things ment to much time was needed from rl to play the game so people gave it up

i was up in arms myself over the changes as i was trying to promote pvp in a guild i was in and running weekly competions but when they changed it all around people swtiched to farming only and pvp was lost to a great number of people
now its the farmers turn to feel like the pvp players who lost out on so much and we felt cheated or certainly i did and still do as i used to pvp on 4 other worlds as well as my main one but no way could i do that today

the alcrataz was put in place to try to get the farmers to gain troops and not just pvp players now its going to be a tool for the guild wars and yes your right it does help the big fish get rid of there army barracks to fill it full of coin collectables etc i feel sorry for the devs as they keep on trying to out smart the game players but the players find the loop holes in everything they change and i belive the smart ones will work out how best to use this new system to gain the max out it

DeletedUser5180

I am one who quite often comes to these forums and moans loudly. This is usually where in-game features with obvious and glaring problems don't get resolved for months even though many players voice the same opinion as myself

BUT......the game needed change, In the past, a new age or era as it is now called only offered some new buildings to unlock and some new sectors on the map. I have relied on my GB's and end of era looping quests for many months to supply me with my goods......in fact such a surpless of current age goods i regularly gave away 1000's in guild competitions and such like. Now both will no longer supply me with current era goods.......OH DEAR, i shall have to re-think how i play, Will all my goods producing GB's be worth keeping.? Will a non pvp farming player with more space for goods buildings than me be willing to trade me what i need in exchange for colonnial age goods perhaps with some fps thrown in to sweeten the deal.? Or perhaps i'll have to sacrifice some space and build my own......will this be permanent or just until i finish the new tech tree.?

All these questions will be answered in time as i progress through this new era........i wanted change, i have got change and for that i look forward to the new and different challenges ahead

thank you Inno and well done (but lets not forget army management and "wondrous" BP use) as you bask in my praise.......

I'LL BE BACK LOUDER THAN EVER TO COMPLAIN BOUT THESE ISSUES LATER.!!

akkers :D

DeletedUser15986

i see you was one of many thousands of pvp players who gave up playing months ago as the time it took after the devs changed things ment to much time was needed from rl to play the game so people gave it up

i was up in arms myself over the changes as i was trying to promote pvp in a guild i was in and running weekly competions but when they changed it all around people swtiched to farming only and pvp was lost to a great number of people
now its the farmers turn to feel like the pvp players who lost out on so much and we felt cheated or certainly i did and still do as i used to pvp on 4 other worlds as well as my main one but no way could i do that today

the alcrataz was put in place to try to get the farmers to gain troops and not just pvp players now its going to be a tool for the guild wars and yes your right it does help the big fish get rid of there army barracks to fill it full of coin collectables etc i feel sorry for the devs as they keep on trying to out smart the game players but the players find the loop holes in everything they change and i belive the smart ones will work out how best to use this new system to gain the max out it

The Alcatraz wasn't for farmers IMHO, it was for PVPers. Farmers don't care about troops (they rarely attack), and an Alcatraz still needs the Troop Buildings to generate unattached units. Farmers might use it to generate unattached troops for a while, but these troops are waaaay more valuable to PVP (and eventually GvG) players as they burn through troops at a much higher rate.

Regarding "now the farmers know what it's like to lose out", that's not a good way for the game to evolve. Alienating each subset of player-types in succession leads to a dead game because everyone is eventually unhappy enough to stop playing that much.

Besides, the time-difference between the impact to PvP and this GB change isn't comparable. PvP only added a couple of hours per day, which was still a massive change and why lots of people stopped PvP. I reckon (on average) it'll take two days to make up the production of GB/WWs every day. That's like it taking 2 days of PvP just to go through the neighbourhood once.

DeletedUser13805

I am one who quite often comes to these forums and moans loudly. This is usually where in-game features with obvious and glaring problems don't get resolved for months even though many players voice the same opinion as myself

BUT......the game needed change, In the past, a new age or era as it is now called only offered some new buildings to unlock and some new sectors on the map. I have relied on my GB's and end of era looping quests for many months to supply me with my goods......in fact such a surpless of current age goods i regularly gave away 1000's in guild competitions and such like. Now both will no longer supply me with current era goods.......OH DEAR, i shall have to re-think how i play, Will all my goods producing GB's be worth keeping.? Will a non pvp farming player with more space for goods buildings than me be willing to trade me what i need in exchange for colonnial age goods perhaps with some fps thrown in to sweeten the deal.? Or perhaps i'll have to sacrifice some space and build my own......will this be permanent or just until i finish the new tech tree.?

All these questions will be answered in time as i progress through this new era........i wanted change, i have got change and for that i look forward to the new and different challenges ahead

thank you Inno and well done (but lets not forget army management and "wondrous" BP use) as you bask in my praise.......

I'LL BE BACK LOUDER THAN EVER TO COMPLAIN BOUT THESE ISSUES LATER.!!

akkers :D

lol i think i hold the number 1 spot for moaning : ) but i am happy to lose that title lets hope someone doesnt do a top 20 from all servers chart on moaning i would win hands down and i dont spend diamonds for my moans either : )

seriously though i know people will feel like there going to be robbed by this new system but like i have said the smart ones will work it out i am really looking forward to the new troops and there features although i am worried they will have added even more time on to pvp but it can not get any worse surely ?

DeletedUser13805

The Alcatraz wasn't for farmers IMHO, it was for PVPers. Farmers don't care about troops (they rarely attack), and an Alcatraz still needs the Troop Buildings to generate unattached units. Farmers might use it to generate unattached troops for a while, but these troops are waaaay more valuable to PVP (and eventually GvG) players as they burn through troops at a much higher rate.

Regarding "now the farmers know what it's like to lose out", that's not a good way for the game to evolve. Alienating each subset of player-types in succession leads to a dead game because everyone is eventually unhappy enough to stop playing that much.

Besides, the time-difference between the impact to PvP and this GB change isn't comparable. PvP only added a couple of hours per day, which was still a massive change and why lots of people stopped PvP. I reckon (on average) it'll take two days to make up the production of GB/WWs every day. That's like it taking 2 days of PvP just to go through the neighbourhood once.

in all honsety i dont know enough of how these changes will impact on the game time wise i only know what happend to pvp when these so called improvments were made
why not just wait and see what happends when the new era is out as people do tend to jump up and down before something bad happends and when it does it very often isnt as bad as it looked

DeletedUser5180

lol i think i hold the number 1 spot for moaning : ) but i am happy to lose that title lets hope someone doesnt do a top 20 from all servers chart on moaning i would win hands down and i dont spend diamonds for my moans either : )

seriously though i know people will feel like there going to be robbed by this new system but like i have said the smart ones will work it out i am really looking forward to the new troops and there features although i am worried they will have added even more time on to pvp but it can not get any worse surely ?

top 20 moaners chart.......better put that in the ideas section lol

i don't have the time to manual pvp these days unfortunately as i really enjoyed trying to win each battle with minimal health losses, now with alcatraz maxed out and unattached troops appearing every day i auto-combat so will not get to enjoy the new combat features, hopefully one day i'll read on here that pvp has speeded up greatly and i can return to manual combat

DeletedUser15986

I can think of at least three ways to change the GB/WWs without reducing their value by such a huge degree.

A) Reduce the number of goods earned past ME by 50%. Players get less goods, but they still retain the random element and don't have to spend additional time converting them. This basically retains the value of the GB/WWs, just reduces the rate at which they provide a relevant bonus.

B) Give the same number of goods, but require the player to have the "ingredients" in their inventory to make them. This gives the players the same random element, gives them the same number of current age goods, but also requires them to trade/create Colonial Goods themselves.

C) Just give PE goods instead. This makes the GB lag behind by an Era - But at least it's not 3 Eras, and not so much of a ripoff after all the investment. It also frees up PE production buildings whose population can be used to build ME+Colonial buildings instead.

Option C is easily preferred to the current change that is likely to go ahead, but I think I prefer Option B myself as it's a good mix of reward, management, and also noticeably improves inter-player/Guild activity for all but the big players - who probably have stacks of everything anyway and will just demolish everything to build ME goods buildings until the end of the tech tree. (Even with this change I predict at least one person will finish the tree on the day of release, and most of the biggest players will do so within a week or so. At which point they'll just go back to stockpiling again.)

DeletedUser15986

why not just wait and see what happends when the new era is out as people do tend to jump up and down before something bad happends and when it does it very often isnt as bad as it looked

A previous post of mine showed the figures for the impact that this change on Goods Production from GBs. These are hard figures, not guesses (because Goods production has a specific rate that isn't changing) so getting CA goods from an ME GB/WW is going to have a massively decreased production rate and population availability compared to an equivalent PE town.

But I agree that this is going to hit Goods Production in a similar way to to the PvP hit... It's just going to hit it 10x harder, at least.

DeletedUser5180

(Even with this change I predict at least one person will finish the tree on the day of release, and most of the biggest players will do so within a week or so. At which point they'll just go back to stockpiling again.)

I think most players now are realising that rushing through a new era in a few days leaves them nothing new to do for the next 3-4 months, i think players will work throug this era slower, especially if GvG arrives soon as that will be the biggest interest to most

DeletedUser15986

I think most players now are realising that rushing through a new era in a few days leaves them nothing new to do for the next 3-4 months, i think players will work throug this era slower, especially if GvG arrives soon as that will be the biggest interest to most

If GvG arrives it's the people who've completed most of the Tech Tree that will have the best troops, and the biggest edge. In fact, three of the last 5 techs in the tree (including the final one) are military units. Wanting to win the ME Tower is going to push people through the tech tree regardless of boredom later on. :)