• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.17 - Modern Era - discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

DeletedUser3157

This guys is nothing. I lost about dozen fights during PE because I accidently replaced the injured/dead only non-rogue unit with 8th rogue and clicked auto before noticing it :P

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7739

GvG is a future update which will give a use for those useless goods which you then gave a long winded message saying how that was incorrect... This is why I didn't respond to your message as quite simply I can tell that even though you have just received an answer to the issue you bought up you then try to discount it, in other words you simply want to argue and nothing more. Your message, in my personal opinion, was not a fair point and didn't warrant a response, therefore I chose to ignore it.

EDIT: I've read that back and I think it may come across as slightly rude on my part. Just FYI, it is not intended to be rude or offensive in any way it is simply that there is no expression behind text and it can easily be misinterpreted.

well I've asked you to give me a new thing that this change brings....you said it improves guild wars . You said that will make players rethink their towns...And I told you that it won't. So you haven't answer my question raised after you've said that ''this change brings new possibilities'' .Farmers will still be farmers and fighters will still be fighters. Nothing changes.
And you weren't rude...at least I didn't see anything that offends me in your reply.

DeletedUser

This guys is nothing. I lost about dozen fights during PE because I accidently replaced the injured/dead only non-rogue unit with 8th rogue and clicked auto before noticing it :P

At least you were bright enough to press the right button :) ... It's not the lost troops that hurt (I have so many it's quicker to read War and Peace than find an attached troop)... It's that it makes me feel so foolish any time it happens... and before anyone says something... it doesn't happen that often... anymore ;)

DeletedUser3157

At least you were bright enough to press the right button :) ... It's not the lost troops that hurt (I have so many it's quicker to read War and Peace than find an attached troop)... It's that it makes me feel so foolish any time it happens... and before anyone says something... it doesn't happen that often... anymore ;)

I would take harmless misclick over 8 dead rogues any day :P
I run a pretty right ship military wise, so I can't allow those 8 rogue losses become too common or I'd be risking to eventually run out of units. Or maybe even worse, suffer the terrible punishment of being forced to manually fight some battles in order to conserve troops. I think I haven't had one more than a month now, but I remember one week when I had like 3 of them, 2 in same pvp run. After that I tryed to pay little more attention on my FoE screen and less on TV.

DeletedUser

Well, now that the Modern Era is here, I am LOVING the new change to great buildings. As a less advanced player, it finally gives me a way to get back at my neighbors who bully me by camping/plundering my goods. Now they can't hide behind their great buildings any more. LOVE IT.

DeletedUser653

Look for the airplane and fly there, however, you need to have conquered all the Progressive era provinces first

Looking back over the forum I saw this from 2 days ago. this is not right, in one of my worlds I have flown to the new land and am now waiting the return of my first scout. I also still have 2 sectors left in the Americas, so you can get to MEA before finishing PA which is the same as we have done in the past.

DeletedUser7739

Well, now that the Modern Era is here, I am LOVING the new change to great buildings. As a less advanced player, it finally gives me a way to get back at my neighbors who bully me by camping/plundering my goods. Now they can't hide behind their great buildings any more. LOVE IT.

really ? advanced players don't time their production .... hard to believe.... I have now 36 good production buildings....never been looted....not once

DeletedUser8813

one thing i do like about the modern era is the map sectors where the rogues aren't targeted first..now they actually get to use that huge attack they were given..killed more units with them in the last 2 days than i have all year ......thumbs up

DeletedUser

I only have 70% attack and I can wipe out defenses boosted by 150% without losing more than 1 unit. (I don't autobattle)
Don't worry, in the next age developers will "enhance the game" and "create more challenge" once again :)

DeletedUser13805

I only have 70% attack and I can wipe out defenses boosted by 150% without losing more than 1 unit. (I don't autobattle)

good for you mate a player after my own heart in my hood many players had huge defence boosts that i had to overcome with only 50 60 70 % boost now i have 150% boost its still not got that much easier as there defence boosts have grown as well,
i still have to manual otherwise my rivals with gain to many points from the losses i would take from auto many of my rivals just will not put the time in so they auto and lose units as it takes hours to complete a hood manual : ( chore isnt the word for it byeordie monotonous is better : )

one thing i do like about the modern era is the map sectors where the rogues aren't targeted first..now they actually get to use that huge attack they were given..killed more units with them in the last 2 days than i have all year ......thumbs up

i bet things change in a few weeks they will tweek the troops as they always do and i bet the rouges will get targeted and my snippers will lose some of there range as the new troops are easy for my snippers to kill it reminds me of when the ind age came out and rifles were just awesome then they tweeked there range and so it goes on from howitzers getting tweeked up and surely they will do something about the new troops as i am just playing the game with 1 mech infantry and 7 of either snippers cons or tanks or a mix of them i dont need to get paras or even battle tanks so mark my words things will change soon

DeletedUser7990

Looking back over the forum I saw this from 2 days ago. this is not right, in one of my worlds I have flown to the new land and am now waiting the return of my first scout. I also still have 2 sectors left in the Americas, so you can get to MEA before finishing PA which is the same as we have done in the past.

And I still have scandinavia and the balkans clouded over, and yet have made it to the far east. Why haven't these been opened, or did I miss something?

DeletedUser7739

Is anyone trying to plunder you?

of course ! anyone who gets through defence can plunder.....and some times they went for bronze houses/prod. buildings (made for quests), so it's hard to believe that if they could they wouldn't go for goods. Yet still, none of the goods buildings was ever looted since I've got into production. If you time production well (and ALL big players like me do it) you can't be looted. So nothing new or challenging :)

any defence can be passed with 150% boost with ease , but looting needs luck and an inactive player - nothing else.

DeletedUser

but looting needs luck and an inactive player - nothing else.

looting is easy. all you have to do is check a person's town every half hour. 99% of players do not collect their goods the minute they are completed.

DeletedUser13082

I've done this before too, about 3 times now. So gutting when you click it and then just as you click and it's less than a second too late you realise, from that moment you just have to walk away and hang your head in shame haha.

well I've asked you to give me a new thing that this change brings....you said it improves guild wars . You said that will make players rethink their towns...And I told you that it won't. So you haven't answer my question raised after you've said that ''this change brings new possibilities'' .Farmers will still be farmers and fighters will still be fighters. Nothing changes.
And you weren't rude...at least I didn't see anything that offends me in your reply.

I've explained already how it will have an impact on guild wars. Goods are more difficult to produce, goods are in higher demand as they are needed for guild wars, people begin to produce goods, goods buildings lower players overall city production which in turn lowers players growth rates meaning players then have to work a little harder and all the rest that I said in the previous message. Quite clearly the need of goods for guild wars mixed with the new production change will blend together to have a bigger impact.

DeletedUser13082

You really have no life.

What if this person works from home and his work is based on a computer? Meaning that he is in front of a computer all day long working to earn money and has the ability to check in on his game every 30 minutes or so to give his mind a rest.

Think before you speak.