• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.17 - Modern Era - discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I've been playing the ME age since it came in on Wed and if the point of the GB/WW goods change was to slow down players progression it ain't working... I'm already facing numerous daily attacks from battle tanks and in some cases accompanied with bazzoka's...

Also... with diamond players choosing now to pay their way through the tech tree and on a whole skipping goods production... it compounds the problem for us cheapo players to find goods to trade in the first few days/weeks...

Every GB collection time when I see my GB/WW's giving me 2x the wrong CA goods is a reminder of what I have lost and the goods are just getting traded for the required goods from other disgruntled guild mates ditching their own unwanted Gb produced CA goods (and they are going to be even more useless when I reduce my 11 goods building once the tech tree is completed)... If the challenge was to make me build goods buildings I already had that challenge when I was in the Bronze and Iron Age's... that's why I acquired my Great Buidings...

If they had made GB/WW's plunderable I wouldn't have liked it but could of at least have understood it... but I'm still struggling at the moment to appreciate what enhancement this is bringing to my gameplay experience and the silence from INNO is deafening... it would be nice if they gave us some teasers of what plans are in the offering that required this change to enhance the game... because if it was done just to annoy me it's working... :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1081

... the silence from INNO is deafening... it would be nice if they gave us some teasers of what plans are in the offering that required this change to enhance the game...

Yes please, dear devs! It would help hugely to hear something about the reasons for this change. Give us a glimmer, please and thank you kindly!

NB: This plea is directed solely at Innogames staff, not other players!

DeletedUser7739

so, little by little, my reasoning comes true : the change made no new challenges whatsoever, no difficulty added to slow players down (quite the contrary). Not to forget that the 3 goods' bonus that the modern era brings makes goods even easier available than before.

DeletedUser

My GB's are currently providing me with just over 200 CA goods a day now... that means I need 10 goods buildings on 24 hour cycle to avoid a mountain of waste in CA goods accumulating... Admittedly the conversion gives twice as many goods as before (but only for boosted ones.. and my scout is apparently moving slower than other players... I think I should have given him expenses to buy a donkey as he's only just reached the PvP tower... at this rate when he reaches the 3rd BA region I won't need it).

By the time I scale goods production in half to 5 goods buildings I'll be worse off (but with a huge surplus on unwanted CA goods building up)... If I maintain just 2 goods buildings the situation will provide this particular ME player with 160+ CA goods and 40 ME goods a day and is ridiculous and makes it very difficult to justify keeping the goods providing GB's... and that's not even including WW's.... As it stands once the tech tree is complete I plan on having no goods buildings at all... or at most one !!

If the devs thought process was that I would maintain a higher number of goods buildings than normal to support GW's participation then I suspect they have gone the wrong way about this... I would be far more likely to dip my toe if my GB's had continued to produce ME goods due to the huge goods cost of GW's... It's really only going to be feasible then if a different guild member turns their city into basically a goods warehouse... but not many ME players will want to play this way, why would you... you'd be effectively retiring from the game... So GW's could very quickly (once the initial intrigue has died down) effectively become a bonus pack for just a couple of highly active and well organised guilds who will dominate the map and become almost impossible to dislodge and thus hold very little appeal for the majority of other players... and since the Dev's have clearly worked hard to create GW's this would be a shame...

DeletedUser5904

Well in other news with the ME, I finished the story line quest a few days ago and started into the loop quests on Beta. It seems I can only complete one of each of the loop quests per day. I don't know if it's due to having a few techs incomplete or whether it's a bug or part of the erroneously forgotten changes. Either way I feel so challenged ;)

DeletedUser5180

Well in other news with the ME, I finished the story line quest a few days ago and started into the loop quests on Beta. It seems I can only complete one of each of the loop quests per day. I don't know if it's due to having a few techs incomplete or whether it's a bug or part of the erroneously forgotten changes. Either way I feel so challenged ;)

this post would be better posted on the beta forum surely.?

DeletedUser13805

i havent even started them yet !!!
to busy with changing my town around and battling in the pvp with the new troops etc its a great challenge what more do you need ? its beats sitting there popping on every few hours to collect i can well understand the bordom that would go with that type of game i know i want more out of the game and i think its giving me more than enough for now

DeletedUser112

this change is not announced in the notices of updates. innogame someone can give information? or some player can deny? would be a major change that should be notified

DeletedUser5904

i havent even started them yet !!!
to busy with changing my town around and battling in the pvp with the new troops etc its a great challenge what more do you need ? its beats sitting there popping on every few hours to collect i can well understand the bordom that would go with that type of game i know i want more out of the game and i think its giving me more than enough for now

Didn't say I needed anything Desy...was just sharing my experience with the new age loop quests and seeing if anyone has any insight into them.

I got my fill of the challenge of PVP, spending months running through my neighborhood every day near the top of my server/hood and in the top guild on the server...and I burned out on it. I no longer find that a challenge but I am happy you still do. I much prefer the family oriented guild I am currently in, slow playing it as I have been doing since PE came out, focusing my time and energy on that.

DeletedUser5904

it is possible that there is still some different content that has not been implemented on all servers

Not saying you are wrong but both servers right now are in changelog 1.17. The typically don't put any changes/fixes on beta without implementing a new changelog first.

DeletedUser13805

is anyone else computer slowing down with this new age ? my computer was much faster i am sure it was before the new age does anyone else notice this or is it just me ?

DeletedUser5904

is anyone else computer slowing down with this new age ? my computer was much faster i am sure it was before the new age does anyone else notice this or is it just me ?

Faster when Desy? I notice a bit of a slowdown during the battle portion, but I was experiencing that with the PE map changes.

DeletedUser13805

just everyting in general seems to be a bit laggy i know the battle screen is slow i expect that and i am use to it but even when i collect in my town the mouse seems to have a little bit of lag in i have started to refresh a lot more now than ever if i polish towns i refresh after 10 towns i shout the pc off yesterday as it was getting slow and left it alone for a while and came back on and it was fast again

DeletedUser14881

I noticed that while fighting too. I thought it was because I was logged for long time, but after restart browser, after a few minutes it got laggy again.

However I'm not sure if it is the game, the flash player (which ALWAYS have been a pain) or, unfortunally, Google Chrome, which is going to the same way Firefox was going after I abandoned it for ridiculous high memory usage.

DeletedUser

my gb's are currently providing me with just over 200 ca goods a day now... That means i need 10 goods buildings on 24 hour cycle to avoid a mountain of waste in ca goods accumulating... Admittedly the conversion gives twice as many goods as before (but only for boosted ones.. And my scout is apparently moving slower than other players... I think i should have given him expenses to buy a donkey as he's only just reached the pvp tower... At this rate when he reaches the 3rd ba region i won't need it).

By the time i scale goods production in half to 5 goods buildings i'll be worse off (but with a huge surplus on unwanted ca goods building up)... If i maintain just 2 goods buildings the situation will provide this particular me player with 160+ ca goods and 40 me goods a day and is ridiculous and makes it very difficult to justify keeping the goods providing gb's... And that's not even including ww's.... As it stands once the tech tree is complete i plan on having no goods buildings at all... Or at most one !!

If the devs thought process was that i would maintain a higher number of goods buildings than normal to support gw's participation then i suspect they have gone the wrong way about this... I would be far more likely to dip my toe if my gb's had continued to produce me goods due to the huge goods cost of gw's... It's really only going to be feasible then if a different guild member turns their city into basically a goods warehouse... But not many me players will want to play this way, why would you... You'd be effectively retiring from the game... So gw's could very quickly (once the initial intrigue has died down) effectively become a bonus pack for just a couple of highly active and well organised guilds who will dominate the map and become almost impossible to dislodge and thus hold very little appeal for the majority of other players... And since the dev's have clearly worked hard to create gw's this would be a shame...

guild wars

DeletedUser4879

Seems to me Inno's introduced more bugs since ME!
Browser crashes (chrome) and Windows crashes, which did
not happen before the update! And those cars still going sideways
even after several so called updates!....:(
As far as Firefox goes, it got the boot ( used to be my favourite)!
Too many upps and pushy ads!! Even Internet Explorer
works better these days!!!

DeletedUser7719

Devs are working a bit harder on the flash, and we may see something within a month or two :)

DeletedUser

guild wars

Don't get your answer as my point was that it made GW's less appealing to me ??

I don't normally pay attention to WW returns as I've given up looking out for diamonds... but today I was thinking that the returns look very similar to the returns from the PE age.... did they improve at all in the ME age ?