• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.169

• Thread starter DeletedUser110603
  • Start date

Vesiger

Monarch
It is not so much about wanting to have the option to select goods that have already been logically eliminated, but more about being able to get an overall picture quickly about what goods have not yet been eliminated for selection, as a whole, not only for individual box. This enables finishing the negotiation much quicker.

Greying out certain goods in individual box could mean that good has been eliminated in all boxes or it has been eliminated for that box only, so there is now no way to tell unless you go to all 5 boxes to find out. However, in the past, only goods that had been eliminated in all boxes would be greyed out in each box, therefore there was no such confusion.
So... for example, you might have three slots left to guess, and you know that one of them has got to be artificial scale, because that appeared in an earlier row as yellow and you haven't guessed it anywhere on the current row yet. And you know that the last one has got to be pearl, because both the other possibilities have already been tried in that column. But you're put off by the fact that artificial scale isn't appearing as an option in the box you're currently looking at because you've already guessed it in this column, and are therefore at risk of not guessing it in the next column where it must logically belong?

No... I don't think I've got it yet :(

DeletedUser

They could add Red color to the ones that cannot used anymore and Grey color to the ones that cannot be used only to that slot
it makes it more complicated but easier for your brain to remember

Agent327

Overlord
you need to pay to use it i never payed for diamonds so i won't pay for that eather i will continue using my brain and a calculator

What on earth is wrong with you?????

Try to understand how things work, before you come up with your crazy accusations!!

IT IS TOTALLY FREE!!!!!!!!!

Emberguard

Legend
Actually just checked, also works in Firefox, so really if your using a PC, you can use FOE helper now :)
Do keep in mind any third party attachments of any kind is at the players own risk.

If anything in the code results in the game thinking it's a bot or breaks your game in some way (whether it be the current version or a future update) I can't make any guarantees you'll be able to get back in or get support on that.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Do keep in mind any third party attachments of any kind is at the players own risk.

If anything in the code results in the game thinking it's a bot or breaks your game in some way (whether it be the current version or a future update) I can't make any guarantees you'll be able to get back in or get support on that.

FOE hints posted a vid though with support evidence saying that its perfectly fine though with words he got from FOE support, otherwise I wouldn't use stuff like this but its quite handy.

you need to pay to use it i never payed for diamonds so i won't pay for that eather i will continue using my brain and a calculator

Its an extension on the browser, it is free :)

Emberguard

Legend
Support answers from a different server have no jurisdiction here. The rules for this server state:
Rules said:
The Community Management of the International version of Forge of Empires are the final arbiters of any rules dispute. Their interpretation of these rules is final.

I already looked into it to get an official answer for this server. All third party additional tools are at your own risk. Period.

DeletedUser118001

So... for example, you might have three slots left to guess, and you know that one of them has got to be artificial scale, because that appeared in an earlier row as yellow and you haven't guessed it anywhere on the current row yet. And you know that the last one has got to be pearl, because both the other possibilities have already been tried in that column. But you're put off by the fact that artificial scale isn't appearing as an option in the box you're currently looking at because you've already guessed it in this column, and are therefore at risk of not guessing it in the next column where it must logically belong?

No... I don't think I've got it yet :(
No, that's not how my negotiation method works. I negotiate by elimination on the row basis, not on the column basis, to eliminate as many goods for selection as possible on each row. So I need to know which goods are left for selection as a whole after each row of guessing.

In the past when there was no greying out of good that has been used for individual box, I could simply click into any one single box to find out which goods are still available to choose from, but after the change, this is no longer possible, since greying out a good could mean it is still available but just not that box! That is why it is confusing and actually causes more mistakes to be made, since I now need to rely on my memory which goods are still available to choose from.

Agent327

Overlord

https://forum.de.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/tool-erlaubt.33170/page-2#post-302527

In case your German isn't that good, the German CM at that time, tells they have tested it and that the tool is allowed cause it only reads data and does not change anything.

Support answers from a different server have no jurisdiction here. The rules for this server state:

I already looked into it to get an official answer for this server. All third party additional tools are at your own risk. Period.

Does it matter. Worse case senario we can not link to it here. You can never forbid us to use it.

Agent327

Overlord
at first it was redirecting me to paypal wich is why i thaught i needed to pay then i reloaded FoE and then i had my FoE helper

It's cause you used it in the wrong way. You clicked the FoE icon in your browser toolbar. There is no reason to do that. It loads when you start the game.

Deleted member 109369

https://forum.de.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/tool-erlaubt.33170/page-2#post-302527

Does it matter. Worse case senario we can not link to it here. You can never forbid us to use it.

Of course not, however Emberguard is simply pointing out that using any third party tool is at a players own risk.

If you encounter any problems while using a Third Party tool/plugin, we're not responsible for any consequences, or damage they may cause, including but not limited to; harming your device(s), fetching your personal or account data.

As far as any other server goes or what a CM may have said in the past, understand that things can change, (which he also notes in his post) nor can we comment on something said on another server.

What we're telling you is Innogames current stance on third party software.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilverFoxes

Master Corporal
It kinda does, if it is officially approved, it is very unlikely you'll get banned for using it. However, as you currently use these things at your own risk, it is possible that players will be banned.