• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser

This is clearly not for you Joan ;)
I don’t play it either.
I like the reward that’s not it but I simply have not enough time, you know.
Futile things like study, homework and school are in the way :)

Sorry of topic here: that is NOT futile!
Rather leave the settlements alone.

Agent327

Overlord
things i dislike most about settlements - boring, stressfull, time consuming, unrealistic objectives, drainage of the main game resources especially if you're a new player, terrible rewards, you have to spend 24/7 on it to have any chance of finishing it in time and the settlements main objective, in InnoGames point of view, is that you buy lots of diamonds to reach the goals quickly, stress free

How can something boring be stressfull?

You can reach the goals without spending diamonds. Amazing how someone can figure out how to stop a wheel that can't be stopped, but is not capable of completing a settlement in time.

Andrew420

Major
This is clearly not for you Joan ;)
I don’t play it either.
I like the reward that’s not it but I simply have not enough time, you know
If a player has enough time to play their regular city and also post messages here on the forum
They have more than enough time to do the cultural settlements
What probably will happen is they won't earn the greater rune stone
The tree and the emissaries aren't on a time limit only the GRS
So if a player can get over the fact that the time limit only applies to the GRS not the settlement
They will be able to do the settlement in their own time and eventually earn the tree and emissaries
Hopefully this helps

things i dislike most about settlements - boring, stressfull, time consuming, unrealistic objectives, drainage of the main game resources especially if you're a new player, terrible rewards, you have to spend 24/7 on it to have any chance of finishing it in time and the settlements main objective, in InnoGames point of view, is that you buy lots of diamonds to reach the goals quickly, stress free
1.boring - only boring people get bored

2. stressful - most stress is self inflicted so its on you how stressful the game can be

3.time consuming - players can do the CS at the same time as their regular city no extra time needed

4.unrealistic objectives - again that's on the player not the game you set your goals not the game

5.drainage of the main game resources especially if you're a new player - not at all ,but if it is lets let the newbies gripe about it don't start a panic with your false news

6.terrible rewards - that's your opinion I like the rewards

7.you have to spend 24/7 on it to have any chance of finishing it in time and the settlements main objective -
Again the only time limit applies to the GSR and that isn't the main objective
No more time is needed other than what you already spend in game

8.in InnoGames point of view, is that you buy lots of diamonds to reach the goals quickly, stress free -
Did you just realize this because since the games inception this has been innos point of view
Provide the players with an easier alternative(diamonds) and the lazy impatient players have a way to play

I have started my 3rd settlement and haven't used any diamonds and don't plan on it

DeletedUser116322

1.boring - only boring people get bored

2. stressful - most stress is self inflicted so its on you how stressful the game can be

3.time consuming - players can do the CS at the same time as their regular city no extra time needed

4.unrealistic objectives - again that's on the player not the game you set your goals not the game

5.drainage of the main game resources especially if you're a new player - not at all ,but if it is lets let the newbies gripe about it don't start a panic with your false news

6.terrible rewards - that's your opinion I like the rewards

7.you have to spend 24/7 on it to have any chance of finishing it in time and the settlements main objective -
Again the only time limit applies to the GSR and that isn't the main objective
No more time is needed other than what you already spend in game

8.in InnoGames point of view, is that you buy lots of diamonds to reach the goals quickly, stress free -
Did you just realize this because since the games inception this has been innos point of view
Provide the players with an easier alternative(diamonds) and the lazy impatient players have a way to play
you couldn't put it better

Emberguard

Legend
not only me but of some of my guild colleagues opinions
Then don't do cultural settlements. I'm doing them very, very slowly as I'm not in a rush to complete them and aren't bothered about being efficient for it

The only stressful aspect of them is if you look at the countdown timer. Unrealistic? Not really. Most people have at least 1 hr of free time somewhere within their day and you don't have to babysit it for that hr. Just take 30 seconds to place and leave it. Then come back at the end of that hr and spend another 30 seconds setting the timers. 4-8 hr building times can be left to do their thing while you sleep

DeletedUser108359

Then don't do cultural settlements. I'm doing them very, very slowly as I'm not in a rush to complete them and aren't bothered about being efficient for it

The only stressful aspect of them is if you look at the countdown timer. Unrealistic? Not really. Most people have at least 1 hr of free time somewhere within their day and you don't have to babysit it for that hr. Just take 30 seconds to place and leave it. Then come back at the end of that hr and spend another 30 seconds setting the timers. 4-8 hr building times can be left to do their thing while you sleep

Totally agree, im just cruising along with them, i set everything to 4 hrs and 8 hrs at night. I know as long as i can finish within 1 or more of the time limits i will eventually get everything.
So why stress about it, strangely i find it totally stress free compared to my main city.
Also as im going along im finding new ways of doing it more efficiently and therefore more quickly, if you are a person who enjoys puzzles then its a nice challenge outside of your normal game daily routine.
Cant wait for the next culture to come along and see what new challenges lie in store.

as long as it stays in the present format whereby everything is reasonably obtainable, im a happy chappy. :D

DeletedUser116322

strangely i find it totally stress free compared to my main city.
strangely i find it ( my main city ) totally stress free compared to this, my last settlement, which i hope to finish in 5h30m time, the quests give you good prizes and the Guild Expedition provides me with some good troops plus all the other good stuff i've got so far

Agent327

Overlord
strangely i find it ( my main city ) totally stress free compared to this, my last settlement, which i hope to finish in 5h30m time, the quests give you good prizes and the Guild Expedition provides me with some good troops plus all the other good stuff i've got so far

Your main city? How can you have a main city when you are playing on one world only?

DeletedUser

I find you in your brother on A. only I think Agent just wondered unsure though.

DeletedUser

We should help translate right or am I misinformed?
I don’t understand :(