• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser113901

Impediments dont move. They stay at the same places throughout the whole playthrough. They only change when you complete or abandon settlement then start a new one
Only when you complete and after some updates. Not when you abandon.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
People say "there is no need to build the 8-hour buildings". No Old Willows. No Clan House. No Mead Hall.

You collect enough goods for the last 3 technologies, and then you build many, many Totems, for diplomacy.

And you lay down Clan House for the quest, and immediately delete it; then lay down the Old Willows (2?) and immediately delete them; then lay down the Mead Hall and immediately delete them: And this way it will be faster to complete the settlement. (Right, 6 goods buildings too. At this point, building 6 goods buildings, also solely for the quest, not for producing goods. All goods were produced in one go before researching the last 3 technologies)

I can't contradict them. Are they... absolutely right about this?

It seems to me there are too many variables involved to determine which way is faster for sure. Seems not that simple.

At least for the Clan House. Build it, or not? Which way is better? Thoughts? Anyone?

Last edited:

Andrew420

Major
I can't contradict them. Are they... absolutely right about this?
Yes
After the last 3 cultural advancements are unlocked it takes about 10 minutes or less to complete the last 5 quests
No need to wait for buildings to be built ,just start them ,collect the quest reward ,delete it, then move on to next quest
For last quest 1200 diplomacy and 6 goods buildings
Once you get 1200 diplomacy give yourself room for 1 3x3 goods building and build it 6x's in a row on same spot takes about 3 minutes
Or just knock down all diplomacy buildings and start 6 goods builds the results are the same

Yesterday at 10:55 PM

Last edited:

DeletedUser4455

What a stupid task, the last one! I love the settlement (and all this game, too) because I love to build and enjoy the city/village I have made. In the last Viking task (6 goods and 1200 diplomacy in same time) I need to decimate and ruin all the village I have built all the days, sell buildings and even roads... Yes, I have obtained the reward, but my satisfaction of this nice side-game has been as ruined as the Viking village itself... Is it really necessary to put such an idiotic task like the last one is? :-((((((((

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
What a stupid task, the last one! I love the settlement (and all this game, too) because I love to build and enjoy the city/village I have made. In the last Viking task (6 goods and 1200 diplomacy in same time) I need to decimate and ruin all the village I have built all the days, sell buildings and even roads... Yes, I have obtained the reward, but my satisfaction of this nice side-game has been as ruined as the Viking village itself... Is it really necessary to put such an idiotic task like the last one is? :-((((((((

Were you planning on keeping the village as a souvenir????? You do know you are supposed to start another one?

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer

Just as FYI, for the last task you don't have to have both diplomacy and goods at the same time. First get the diplomacy to 1200, that part of the quest will be marked as complete. Delete all the diplomacy buildings and add 6 goods buildings.

DeletedUser4455

Yes, I have planning keep it as souvenir - at least in my memories...:-) If I, for example, will paint a picture for someone and he will burn it then, it will also make me sad - even if he will pay me for it before. Yes, I know my opinion cannot change anything, but this have really spoiled my satisfaction from settlements. Hmm, I an going to start new one, even so...:-)

BruteForceAttack: Nice idea, thanks for the advice. :-)

DeletedUser116572

there is no requirement to ruin the village
the final task can easily be completed using old willows and having all the necessary diplomacy and goods buildings at the same time

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew420

Major
Fixed an issue with diplomacy quests that were not always registering the requirement correctly. Specifically this will change the behavior of the final settlement quest to have 1200 diplomacy and 6 goods buildings, which has never behaved correctly. With this change this quest will now require you to have the diplomacy and the buildings at the same time, so gaining the diplomacy and then deleting them will no longer work. Be aware that the number of goods buildings required has been lowered from 6 to 4.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Fixed an issue with diplomacy quests that were not always registering the requirement correctly. Specifically this will change the behavior of the final settlement quest to have 1200 diplomacy and 6 goods buildings, which has never behaved correctly. With this change this quest will now require you to have the diplomacy and the buildings at the same time, so gaining the diplomacy and then deleting them will no longer work. Be aware that the number of goods buildings required has been lowered from 6 to 4.
I love this change!lol.
Still disappointed though that they're dropping the required goods buildings down to 4 from 6, as it is easily doable to have both the 1200 dip + 6 goods buildings at the same time.:rolleyes:

Here's a hint for how it works:
1. Always buy your expansions as soon as possible.
2. When buying your expansions, use this method; 2x Axe + 3x Mead + 2x Horn + 2-3+ wool

I've done this for my past 2 settlements, and have easily been able to throw down 2x clan house for the pop requirements, lay down my goods buildings and then fill out the diplomacy needs with willows, markets, clan totems & the runestone for those ganky 1x1 spaces around any impediments.
Oh, and even with using the 8hr builds, I still finish with 2-3 days to spare on the 9x fragments reward. :P

Trick is to NEVER buy more than 2 axe expansions, as it will just hyper-inflate the cost of everything else!!
Once you have those initial 5 expansions down, and assuming you're smart enough to expand your settlement into the open impediment-free area of the map, you'll have enough space to comfortably run 3 goods buildings. (brings in a minimum of 75 goods/day if using the 3x4hr + 1x8hr production cycle - hopefully you'll land a x4 pay-out for 1-2 of those as well!)
As soon as you can collect enough axes + mead to unlock Beast Hunters, do so, replace some axe/mead w/2x Hunters and then open up those 2 expansions ASAP.
Congrats, now you can comfortably run 4 goods buildings and laugh your way to the finish line. :)

Andrew420

Major
@Thomas Covenent
Thanks for the info but all I was doing was posting the info from beta not asking for an explanation on how settlements work
I have finished 5 already within the 1st time period
If your post wasn't aimed specifically at me might I suggest using less of the words YOU YOUR and YOURS:)

DeletedUser116572

Trick is to NEVER buy more than 2 axe expansions, as it will just hyper-inflate the cost of everything else!!
one of the great things about the settlements is that there are so many correct ways to play it
i buy 4 axe expansions and 2 each of mead and horns
true the cost is higher but i get space earlier to boost copper production and put down multiple goods buildings earlier to make up the added cost

DeletedUser96901

I think the best expansion strategy is 2/2/2/2

btw you would only need to buy 7 expansions to finish the last quest with the old 6 goods buildings requirement

from beta
11 Old Willows + 2 runestones = 1200 diplomacy in 68 spaces
6 axesmiths + 2 Clan houses & at least 1 road = takes 85 spaces, (leaves you with 74 extra population)
Embassy = 12 spaces

Requires 165 spaces or 10.32 expansions.
7 + 4 that you start with = 11 > 10.32

Hans1968

Private
that's fun second Emissaries, to place it you either need to remove the first one or pay 800 diamonds to unlock an extras slot, thought this was a free to play game, again they are trying to rip you off

Hans1968

Private
they let you win something, and then when you want to use it you have to pay diamonds, make a game that is w2orth plasying and people have fun then they might spend diamonds out of there own free will not because they have too,