• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser108359

Is this something to be expected as normal?

22Xi0w9.jpg

I do understand that these settlements are supposed to be a challenge but, having only three expandable areas right at the beginning (where the Embassy is now, the one to its left and the farthest row) without an impediment is ridiculous.

This is my second run and I already did pretty bad during the first one, and I'm seriously considering not going forward 'cause the special building is kind of lame and the "best" Emissary gives just one extra FP, which is next to nothing

Iv had settlements where i would have loved to have ALL those nice open spaces.

DeletedUser108359

If a player has enough time to play their regular city and also post messages here on the forum
They have more than enough time to do the cultural settlements
What probably will happen is they won't earn the greater rune stone
The tree and the emissaries aren't on a time limit only the GRS
So if a player can get over the fact that the time limit only applies to the GRS not the settlement
They will be able to do the settlement in their own time and eventually earn the tree and emissaries
Hopefully this helps

Actually if they persevere with it then the GRS is obtainable. I have 1 on level 1 as long as you finish in any of the time limits you will get some fragments and eventually get it leveled up as well.
As you progress you learn new tricks and sooner or later you will get a good map layout which will help.
Personally i could have done a lot better than i have up to now, but of course life happens and i cant always be on to collect and reset etc at the right time.

DeletedUser108359

strangely i find it ( my main city ) totally stress free compared to this, my last settlement, which i hope to finish in 5h30m time, the quests give you good prizes and the Guild Expedition provides me with some good troops plus all the other good stuff i've got so far

All very true, but for me my main has so many things that have to be done, like collecting and resetting on time to avoid plunder, there are specific time limits to most things, and events have time specific and related things to do. If you dont complete them then they are gone, probably forever. Whereas the settlement just goes along and if you cant get it done then no worries, just try again as many times and for as long as you wish.
Obviously this is like everything in the game, ( and in life ) some people will enjoy a certain thing and others wont.
Neither are necessarily right or wrong, its just different strokes for different folks. :D

DeletedUser100133

Hello

As you can see a few comments have been deleted above, due to the comments breaching the rules, the topic is simple Cultural Settlement, can we please stick to that? Also please do not insult each other and be polite, also if you see a comment that you feel is a breach of rules us the report system, please try not to retaliate to the comment.

Thank you

PomPoms

Sergeant
Presumably, if the layout is awful and you can see you will have problems, you can abandon before you start and try the next one?

DeletedUser116572

Presumably, if the layout is awful and you can see you will have problems, you can abandon before you start and try the next one?
if you abandon a settlement the impediments will not change for the next one
the reason for this is otherwise people would just continually abandon until a perfect layout came about and never have to deal with impediments

Andrew420

Major
I haven't done that myself this is what I have read on the forum about what happens
If you start settlement and abandon right away you can start a new settlement immediately but the imps will be in same spot
When you abandon the settlement after building something you cant restart right away there is a 24 hr wait
At the end of 24 hrs you can start new settlement and the imps will be in a different spot

I haven't done that myself this is what I have read on the forum about what happens
If you start settlement and abandon right away you can start a new settlement immediately but the imps will be in same spot
When you abandon the settlement after building something you cant restart right away there is a 24 hr wait
At the end of 24 hrs you can start new settlement and the imps will be in a different spot
I always abandon after collecting the 25fp, the rocks are always in the same place

PomPoms

Sergeant

Cursed Vege may be right, but waiting is worth a try. I don't know if my 3rd try will get done in time as the rocks are super awkward this time round. I am on the last bit so will keep going though. If waiting turns out to be pointless, I suppose if I have a few disasters along the way, 50 FPs + fragments is still worth the effort...maybe...

DeletedUser116765

Since I am unemployed and have the time to do the settlement. However agree with others that although you look ahead to what you need. Without an edit facility I find it frustrating selling items to make space to move items around, and then more often than not have to rebuild items again. Would be nice to complete the quest in the required time but after 2 attempts in 7 separate worlds it seems impossible. I manage to produce the full 30 goods in a day, but still no luck. An edit feature would be greatly appreciated or even if you could move items off to the side while you reposition things.

DeletedUser116572

lol - yes they do - open you eyes when you select and then de-select the expansion.
on pc windows 10 chrome browser with flash the impediments do not move
they remain the same from the beginning of the settlement until the end

eon1299

Private
Impediments dont move. They stay at the same places throughout the whole playthrough. They only change when you complete or abandon settlement then start a new one