• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Importance / Relevance

• Thread starter DeletedUser112892
  • Start date

DeletedUser110620

Their lives are kind of easier just farming and furthering the guild that way.

We have parents to children under 2 in the guild, they get the time and freedom in real life, while still contributing to the guild. This is a better scenario than pressure to win GE every week for them.

So one could say, GvG guilds are good options for busy people. :)

DeletedUser110620

Yes exactly that is what they are good for and it is convenient for us.
The more fun we can make with eachother and on the maps.

I also find it kind of good, watch a map and a child. One who is organised in their personal life can put aside the few minutes it takes to kill a siege and get on with it than to organise a block where one needs to be constantly interactive with the game like in GE.

Note: I can stream to the TV and other devices, so that helps a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Between you and me the majority of app players annoy me highly with all their complaints of missing out!
Let’s ditch the app entirely: problem solved.

DeletedUser110620

Between you and me the majority of app players annoy me highly with all their complaints of missing out!
Let’s ditch the app entirely: problem solved.

I like the spirit. But rather, keep in mind HTML5 version is available, someone earlier in the thread said they can run the HTML5 version on their iPhone. If more can confirm this, provide steps for iPhone and Android, then we CAN get rid of the app. :)

DeletedUser

I like the spirit. But rather, keep in mind HTML5 version is available, someone earlier in the thread said they can run the HTML5 version on their iPhone. If more can confirm this, provide steps for iPhone and Android, then we CAN get rid of the app. :)

Yes! Finally ;)

DeletedUser110620

Yes! Finally ;)
Just a hint,

1) the first step might be to enable HTML5 in the game on a real computer. So they may need to borrow one for that step.

2) in the browser on the mobile device enable desktop mode...

3) it might be needed to change the user-agent string. (because you need to make the website think it's being loaded on a real computer, and not some mobile browser.)

Emberguard

Legend
In regards to points - farmers or fighters getting more points

I forget who did the math, but when the discussion came up as to where the main points are coming from someone looked at the stats of the top 10 players across all worlds and found while there were /some/ farmers, the majority were fighters and the absolute top had an enormous difference in point gap between the fighter and the farmer with the fighting coming up on top. From what I know of the game I can only conclude that the GvG fighters are able to scale up ranking points more efficiently then pure farmers. Or rather fighting on GvG is able to be scaled up indefinitely as long as you have troops whereas farmers are limited by their ability to produce goods. So the farmer can only scale up more through CF + recurring quests which would take a lot longer to set up overall. Especially as both can contribute to the treasury, whereas the farmer would not be participating in fighting (less income streams = less overall income)

Agent327

Overlord
1) Donating goods is already pointless in Arctic Future, Oceanic Future, and Virtual Future. I have to remind people in my guild not to donate there. The guild goods buildings do enough to open GE levels. There is nothing to spend those goods on. In other eras we have to ask for donations for GvG. This is a good opportunity for non-fighters to assist the progression of the guild.

Those non-fighters can assist the progression of the Guild with an Observatory, Hall of Fame, or bij completing GE through negotiating

2) other GBs like St Bazils provide Support Pool, which is very GvG specific.

They provide a defence boost, coins and medals which is very player specific

3) Without GvG to spend those troops on, you can expect plundering to go rampant. They will prioritise targeting Forge Points, creating huge personal disadvantage to many players. Don't think the Alcatraz alone is to blame for this. Its perfectly easy to do with attached units when there are no Defensive Armies to fill.

GvG to prevent plundering??? Now you are becoming desperate. You are just saying something you absolutely have no proof for. GvG players I know still find plenty of time to plunder. Top GvG guilde on my world is the biggest group of plunderers there is.

3 strikes you are out!

The stuff that would go on without GvG there to spend resources on really give me an uncomfortable feeling. We occasionally get complaints about plundering from guild members as it is. Without GvG, I'd probably have trouble keeping the spirits high, both GvG and non-GvG players would be victims.

So in Guilds that do not play GvG there are no high spirits? You could always go with all your guildmembers on Skype and start Karaoke events. That will boost your spirits. You could even organize team outings to , let's say London Zoo.

Shad23

Emperor
GvG to prevent plundering??? Now you are becoming desperate. You are just saying something you absolutely have no proof for. GvG players I know still find plenty of time to plunder. Top GvG guilde on my world is the biggest group of plunderers there is.
It does affect your game. With high ranking points you will be at the top of your hood. That means there is less chance you will be attacked and plundered.
ain't you contridicting yourself here ,
if GvG players don't have GvG anymore they will want to stay at top of their neighborhoods and so they will attack and plunder more to stay at top

DeletedUser99438

the majority were fighters

While I don't have those stats, according to the statistics site lol 51% of players on the EN server are fighters, but the figure doesn't discriminate between GE/PvP/GvG Fighters and I'm not sure what credentials are needed to be met in order to be classified as a fighter, but some of them, that I have seen, would not be classified as fighters in a GvG guild. That being said, the vaule of GvG players is often underestimated by certain persons!

2) Observatories and a few other GBs like St Bazils provide Support Pool, which is very GvG specific.

St Basil doesn't add to the support pool. The only GB that does this is the Observatory (as far as I'm aware). It's been ascertained through other posts, that it does. Thanks guys!

Agent327

Overlord

ain't you contridicting yourself here ,
if GvG players don't have GvG anymore they will want to stay at top of their neighborhoods and so they will attack and plunder more to stay at top

True in a way, except for the fact, that by abusing GvG and having fake fights and sieges they have scored so many points there is no way you will ever catch up.

In the DC's you frequently have quests to win 5 fights, or 5 fights without losing. GE has finished. Who do you pick? The top 5, or the bottom 5 of your hood?

Neither do I in general. Just not on this thread. He's slowing down the progress and toying with us.

This thread is about GvG Importance / Relevance. How on earth am I supposed to slow down any progress in that??????

DeletedUser110620

In regards to points - farmers or fighters getting more points

I forget who did the math, but when the discussion came up as to where the main points are coming from someone looked at the stats of the top 10 players across all worlds and found while there were /some/ farmers, the majority were fighters and the absolute top had an enormous difference in point gap between the fighter and the farmer with the fighting coming up on top. From what I know of the game I can only conclude that the GvG fighters are able to scale up ranking points more efficiently then pure farmers. Or rather fighting on GvG is able to be scaled up indefinitely as long as you have troops whereas farmers are limited by their ability to produce goods. So the farmer can only scale up more through CF + recurring quests which would take a lot longer to set up overall. Especially as both can contribute to the treasury, whereas the farmer would not be participating in fighting (less income streams = less overall income)

It's a little hard to come to that conclusion with such a small sample set. Narrow too, only the top players. In GE, Negotiators earn far more points than I do. Maybe a harder look is necessary.

The Saint Basil's Cathedral is a Great Building of the Late Middle Ages. The Saint Basil's Cathedral boosts attack and defense for your defending military army, adds to your guild's support pool, and produces coins every 24 hours.

So yes, while it's only 3 points/level compared with Observatories 10 points/level, it still counts. (Until level 10)

Copied from: https://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Saint_Basil's_Cathedral

DeletedUser99438

St Basil and Deal Castle add to the supportpool.

Good thing you are a GvG expert and I know nothing about it.

Ah ok so it does, thank you for the update. I actaully never knew that, they are GBs I don't value. When did they initiate that? On GvG launch or later?