• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Importance / Relevance

• Thread starter DeletedUser112892
  • Start date

vikingraider

Emperor
I think the thing about farming is it's perpetual. Always happening. And if those goods really all get paid into the Treasury instead of being sold for FPs, they can amount to large amounts of points. Where as, GvG can have busy and quiet times. The city can be full for military buildings waiting to fill DAs in sectors, which could happen tomorrow, or in a week from now. So it essentially locks up the city, decreasing points.

My suspicion is, some do not get the points from farming because they try to trade for FPs.

The GvG 'point farmers' fill sectors with troops that give the highest points. They release them before calc and re-take after. They are usually 'safe sectors', in that they are 3 sectors away from other guilds. That's why you see point farmers with just champs/rogues in their cities. But as I said, goods donations can provide a lot more points.

Traz is great especialy at high lvl's it gives loads of troops but frankly i'd prefer having Arc at lvl 80 then try to get Traz at same lvl will go faster with all the FP's Arc lvl 80 would give me

Agree, get Arc to 80 first, then others should be easier

DeletedUser99438

Traz is great especialy at high lvl's it gives loads of troops but frankly i'd prefer having Arc at lvl 80 then try to get Traz at same lvl will go faster with all the FP's Arc lvl 80 would give me

I'm assuming you fight? What will you fight with if it were a choice of one or the other ... Alcatraz or Arc ... and you choose Arc?

Shad23

Emperor
How many definite troops can you expect to gain daily, on average through these means?
that depends on how long you'v been doing this and if they fight auto or not if they are in manual they can use strategys to keep their troops
sure thing is they can't be doing auto all the time if they use this but it's possible

DeletedUser110620

I have fought in Colonial Age GvG before I had access to Dragoon Stable and Field Guns. So I had only unattached from GE.

I did have a situation were I could preserve troops by using all Field Guns, I had about 40. No it didn't last long before they were all injured.

On the other hand, I have also been in the situation where I expended all the rogues, I had only about 20 or 30 Rogues left. But with nearly 40 military buildings of that age, I was able to put up a big fight still... But with some sectors, it was only possible to get half way though on Auto Battle, on others I could cut right through.

DeletedUser99438

that depends on how long you'v been doing this and if they fight auto or not if they are in manual they can use strategys to keep their troops

The amount of troops a person gets on each day depends on how long they have been doing it? I'd imagine it's not even near 80 a day. It's not unheard of to lose 100s in one GvG sitting, even with a high attack bonus, and using rogues majoritively as opposed to troops. I can't see that being a sufficient replacement to an Alcatraz, to be honest.

FPs don't give me much joy, and the GBs only give me joy if they allow to me to fight more effectively, so if it came down to it and one had to be chosen over the other, it'd definitely be Traz for me :)

vikingraider

Emperor
The amount of troops a person gets on each day depends on how long they have been doing it? I'd imagine it's not even near 80 a day. It's not unheard of to lose 100s in one GvG sitting, even with a high attack bonus, and using rogues majoritively as opposed to troops. I can't see that being a sufficient replacement to an Alcatraz, to be honest.

FPs don't give me much joy, and the GBs only give me joy if they allow to me to fight more effectively, so if it came down to it and one had to be chosen over the other, it'd definitely be Traz for me :)

Arc first, then traz for me.

Shad23

Emperor
I can't see that being a sufficient replacement to an Alcatraz, to be honest.
as i said that depends on if he plays manual or auto , with one heavy unit and rest in rogues in col era i took a sector with 7 heavy units and rest in rogues in my units inventory and almost had no units lost

DeletedUser99438

as i said that depends on if he plays manual or auto , with one heavy unit and rest in rogues in col era i took a sector with 7 heavy units and rest in rogues in my units inventory and almost had no units lost

It's a very rare occasion that one gets to manual on GvG, when up against some of the strongest guilds out there!

DeletedUser110620

Also depends if they are doing 80 battles or 10 battles at a time....

DeletedUser112892

The question here is, if you can't have both ..which do you choose?
But without Arc, skyrocketing Traz is almost impossible.
Arc first, and then you will be able to skyrocket Traz much faster.
You can build Traz first and push it to lvl 10,but to skyrocket it, you would need help of Arc 80.

DeletedUser99438

Ok I give up ... you don't get a choice to have both in the scenario, its ONE over the other!! Wait til you're fighting in eras beyond CA and if you are still an avid GvGer ... see if you still choose Arc then!

DeletedUser110620

But without Arc, skyrocketing Traz is almost impossible.
Arc first, and then you will be able to skyrocket Traz much faster.

I have to say Traz. I can't ignore the good benefits for the city. Coupled with potential on GvG. Even if the Traz is then harder to level, better than being with a good contribution bonus.

DeletedUser112892

Ok I give up ... you don't get a choice to have both in the scenario, its ONE over the other!! Wait til you're fighting in eras beyond CA and if you are still an avid GvGer ... see if you still choose Arc then!
Look, I have plan to do GvG. But, for that, I plan to skyrocket Traz to lvl 50. How would I achieve that without Arc 80? It would take me a 2 years to skyrocket Traz to that level without an Arc (exception is if I am in PE, but I am in HMA) .