• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Importance / Relevance

• Thread starter DeletedUser112892
  • Start date

DeletedUser99438

@electricrainbows they looked at the cities of the players in top 10 to see which were fighters and which didn't have an army focused city (which if they're doing GvG should be fairly evident based on what's visible)

Yeah most of the top players that I come into contact with run GvG guilds, so I'd imagine the figures for that are good.

DeletedUser99438

well St-basil is good for def eaven if i prefer getting watch fires and ritual flames then uping my St-basil
Personally I'd disagree, but it is a personal preference at the end of the day. In most cases, offense is the best means of defense (granted not in all, just most ;) )

DeletedUser110620

well it might be just me but i think he is Frank but not insulting some pepole feel insulted when they are talked to a bit to frankly

*HYPOTHETICAL*
There is a difference between frankly:

"You have something stuck between your teeth"

and insulting:

"You are so dumb, nobody likes you because you always have stuff stuck between your teeth"

*EXAMPLE*

frankly:

"Don't say that non-GvG fighters aren't doing enough.

insulting:

Those non-fighters can assist the progression of the Guild with an Observatory, Hall of Fame, or bij completing GE through negotiating

frankly:

"No they don't provide GvG support pool"

insult:

They provide a defence boost, coins and medals which is very player specific

frankly:

"GvG doesn't prevent plundering. I don't think you could proove that. GvG players I know still find plenty of time to plunder. Top GvG guilde on my world is the biggest group of plunderers there is."

insult:

GvG to prevent plundering??? Now you are becoming desperate. You are just saying something you absolutely have no proof for. GvG players I know still find plenty of time to plunder. Top GvG guilde on my world is the biggest group of plunderers there is.

frankly:

"bye"

insult:

3 strikes you are out!

RE your comment on Defensive GBs: How are they good for individual players?

1) The Cities Defensive army can be boosted by buildings like Saint Basil's Cathedral. What makes it special is that is boosts booth the attack and defense values, unlike other buildings like ritual flame and Monastery which only boost the armies Defense value.
latest

City Defensive Army boost affects Defence value only!

City Defensive Army boost affects Defence AND Attack strength of the Cities Army when attacked.

2) The primary production is for the player

Coins are produced.

Medals are produced.

DeletedUser

GvG to prevent plundering??? Now you are becoming desperate. You are just saying something you absolutely have no proof for. GvG players I know still find plenty of time to plunder. Top GvG guilde on my world is the biggest group of plunderers there is.

3 strikes you are out!

Yes, since I play GvG I am relentless with my neighbors while before I had some scrupulousness to attack and plunder neighbors one by one and each day I simple used the help button but with my high Alca no more!

Edit in other words GvG made me violent, hostile, relentless, vindictive, out of control and worsened my already horrendous nature.
But that might be just me.
There is spoken obout how generous and inviting GvG-ers are: hey that was not me for sure!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110620

i might have missed his insulting coments but i never saw one of his coments include words like dumb
Sure, but that is why it's the hypothetical and not a real example. Not his words, but a simple structure to demonstrate insult which I can think of for the moment.

Agent327

Overlord
One day you will indeed say the right words.... but not today :) That's the best GB in the game :)

Better than the Arc?

Didn't I tell you about what GB's contribute to the supportpool today? How short your memory is and how totally ungratefull. Can't say I am surprised however. Good luck on your revolution.

vikingraider

Emperor
In regards to points - farmers or fighters getting more points

I forget who did the math, but when the discussion came up as to where the main points are coming from someone looked at the stats of the top 10 players across all worlds and found while there were /some/ farmers, the majority were fighters and the absolute top had an enormous difference in point gap between the fighter and the farmer with the fighting coming up on top. From what I know of the game I can only conclude that the GvG fighters are able to scale up ranking points more efficiently then pure farmers. Or rather fighting on GvG is able to be scaled up indefinitely as long as you have troops whereas farmers are limited by their ability to produce goods. So the farmer can only scale up more through CF + recurring quests which would take a lot longer to set up overall. Especially as both can contribute to the treasury, whereas the farmer would not be participating in fighting (less income streams = less overall income)

On one of my worlds, the top player contacted my friend(in 4th), basically waiving a white flag, saying they can't compete with his goods donations for points. The top player 'farms' several GvG sectors daily but the amount of goods my friend donates easily tops his points.

DeletedUser110620

On one of my worlds, the top player contacted my friend(in 4th), basically waiving a white flag, saying they can't compete with his goods donations for points. The top player 'farms' several GvG sectors daily but the amount of goods my friend donates easily tops his points.

Thank you vikingraider1

I think the thing about farming is it's perpetual. Always happening. And if those goods really all get paid into the Treasury instead of being sold for FPs, they can amount to large amounts of points. Where as, GvG can have busy and quiet times. The city can be full for military buildings waiting to fill DAs in sectors, which could happen tomorrow, or in a week from now. So it essentially locks up the city, decreasing points.

My suspicion is, some do not get the points from farming because they try to trade for FPs.

DeletedUser100133

Hello again

As you can see more comment has been edited or deleted due to being off-topic, could we please stick to the topic and be polite and respect each other, also if you are going to quote comments from other threads could you please make sure they are related to the topic and your comment is related to the quoted comment and thread.

Thank you

Shad23

Emperor
Traz is great especialy at high lvl's it gives loads of troops but frankly i'd prefer having Arc at lvl 80 then try to get Traz at same lvl will go faster with all the FP's Arc lvl 80 would give me