• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Importance / Relevance

• Thread starter DeletedUser112892
  • Start date

DeletedUser99438

They removed the Treassure Hunt because not many players participated in it anymore. Why should GvG be different?

They replaced the Treasure Hunt with daily quests and it's considered a great improvement by those who enjoy it. I'm not really sure if the intention of GE was to replace GvG ...but they don't compare. GvG is not going to be easy to replace, nothing compares to it. Granted the research is not complete, but so far it appears pretty unique to this game ... now where's the business sense in ridding something that is unique?

Those quests do not give goods. You have a chance to get goods and it is not just about fights. Your info on this is not complete.

They do or they don't give goods? A bit of a contradiction there, no?

Agent327

Overlord
They replaced the Treasure Hunt with daily quests and it's considered a great improvement by those who enjoy it.

But what about those that do not enjoy it?

I have seen more complaints about the TH being removed than I see support for you and your GvG revolution..

I'm not really sure if the intention of GE was to replace GvG ...but they don't compare.

Neither do the TH and Incidents.

GvG is not going to be easy to replace, nothing compares to it.

Tribal Wars does. No one is stopping you to go there.

Granted the research is not complete, but so far it appears pretty unique to this game ... now where's the business sense in ridding something that is unique?

GE is also unique to this game. Incidents are unique to this game. Neither of them are buggy and a waste of money.

They do or they don't give goods? A bit of a contradiction there, no?

That's what you get when there is a chance at something.

DeletedUser97166

utterly boring indeed that said it is the first sensefull discussion I’ve seen here so far in this matter.
Although we have to agree we firmly disagree on some critical values I am afraid.
It is more than obvious that we agree to disagree on this matter, and as said in my earlier post I think I have said all I have to say without repeating myself continuously. And that in my opinion would just be pointless.

DeletedUser

It is more than obvious that we agree to disagree on this matter, and as said in my earlier post I think I have said all I have to say without repeating myself continuously. And that in my opinion would just be pointless.

Yes, that makes no sense indeed that was the slightly disturbing part to me repeating things over and over and for me trying to be polite and answer them with patience.
Welcome to civilization right?

You and I clearly both entirely love GvG but the difference is I am trying to see and point out dynamics which do not serve my angle in this game at all.
If I was to think about myself alone I’d say lets just continue with this lovely GvG game and who cares others are left in the dark and can’t particpate and lose any opportunity to socialize and work on their personal ranking as well.
Perhaps I should practice more selfishness too because people generally like to hear what suits their angle best no matter if that is remotely fair.

DeletedUser97166

You and I clearly both entirely love GvG but the difference is I am trying to see and point out dynamics which do not serve my angle in this game at all.
If I was to think about myself alone I’d say lets just continue with this lovely GvG game and who cares others are left in the dark and can’t particpate and lose any opportunity to socialize and work on their personal ranking as well.
Perhaps I should practice more selfishness too because people generally like to hear what suits their angle best no matter if that is fair by far.
I think the problems you are expressing should be addressed yes, but not at the expense of GvG itself as others have been suggesting. It is an important part of the game for many players and therefore people saying it should be removed just because they do not enjoy it is not something I was happy to read and say nothing about.

Emberguard

Legend
it'd be selfish to eliminate GvG entirely just because of minor inconvenience when many still find value in the feature. Others obviously find it more of a inconvenience then some. I do not find the bugs that others do, but I also can't get online at reset. So perhaps it is just a server load issue. I'm sure the bugs exist, I just haven't come across them yet

If it were broken to the point of unplayable, then it'd be fair enough to pull the plug. Same if almost all players stopped playing GvG or it became impractical to keep the feature

DeletedUser110620

Why not? Game has to move on. They removed the Treassure Hunt because not many players participated in it anymore. Why should GvG be different?

There are many aspects of the game which wouldn't make sense any more without GvG. Off the top of my head...

1) Donating goods is already pointless in Arctic Future, Oceanic Future, and Virtual Future. I have to remind people in my guild not to donate there. The guild goods buildings do enough to open GE levels. There is nothing to spend those goods on. In other eras we have to ask for donations for GvG. This is a good opportunity for non-fighters to assist the progression of the guild.

2) Observatories and a few other GBs like St Bazils provide Support Pool, which is very GvG specific.

3) Without GvG to spend those troops on, you can expect plundering to go rampant. They will prioritise targeting Forge Points, creating huge personal disadvantage to many players. Don't think the Alcatraz alone is to blame for this. Its perfectly easy to do with attached units when there are no Defensive Armies to fill.

The stuff that would go on without GvG there to spend resources on really give me an uncomfortable feeling. We occasionally get complaints about plundering from guild members as it is. Without GvG, I'd probably have trouble keeping the spirits high, both GvG and non-GvG players would be victims.

DeletedUser

it'd be selfish to eliminate GvG entirely just because of minor inconvenience when many still find value in the feature. Others obviously find it more of a inconvenience then some. I do not find the bugs that others do, but I also can't get online at reset. So perhaps it is just a server load issue. I'm sure the bugs exist, I just haven't come across them yet

If it were broken to the point of unplayable, then it'd be fair enough to pull the plug. Same if almost all players stopped playing GvG or it became impractical to keep the feature

With all do respect minor inconveniences for us players and GvG players oké if that was the only case here I’d surely agree that to be selfish.
The consequences for all players of FoE I can’t remotely call a minor inconvenience I am sorry.
Maybe I should though cause most like to overlook this so why bother.
Let’s keep those jeopardized app players out of this discussion who cares about them anyway.
Just as long as they shut up and pay more (if applicable) for our hobbies it’ll be okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97166

With all do respect minor inconveniences for us players and GvG players oké if that was the only case here I’d surely agree that to be selfish.
The consequences for all players of FoE I can’t remotely call a minor inconvenience I am sorry.
Maybe I should though cause most like to overlook this so why bother.
Let’s keep those jeopardized app players out of this discussion who cares about them anyway.
Just as long as they shut up and pay more (if applicable) for our hobbies it’ll be okay.
I think you are being a little too extreme in this case, yes it would be nice if there was something for the app players, I would love a way to do GvG on the app instead of loading up the PC whenever there are mass sieges in the messages.
However if you do not play GvG then GvG is not that much of an inconvenience. Yes you have mentioned ranking points before, but honestly, does what you rank really effect the game itself for you? No. The only thing it changes is where you are on a list. It does not effect your hood, your goods, your GBs, your city in any way, it is just a preference for some to be nearer the top.

DeletedUser

I think you are being a little too extreme in this case, yes it would be nice if there was something for the app players, I would love a way to do GvG on the app instead of loading up the PC whenever there are mass sieges in the messages.
However if you do not play GvG then GvG is not that much of an inconvenience. Yes you have mentioned ranking points before, but honestly, does what you rank really effect the game itself for you? No. The only thing it changes is where you are on a list. It does not effect your hood, your goods, your GBs, your city in any way, it is just a preference for some to be nearer the top.

For myself I don’t mind at all.
Perfect as is and yes I try to practice that selfserving part in me so yes lets go ahead!

DeletedUser110620

With "ranking points" are you guys referring to PvP towers? That's just getting people medals, nothing too cool.

DeletedUser110620

Do battles really contribute to that? I see a separate statistic for total battles won... I'm ranked below players with less battles, so any impact is very small.

DeletedUser

No the world rankings of each player.

The opportunity to maintain that equally if desired indeed.
But I gave up on that one: equal chances and opportunities in a game who needs that.
As long as I have fun and the rest of them: whatever!
Not of my concern each it’s own I have fun so I couldn’t care less.

See I am getting the hang of this it feels so easy and convenient really, thanks for this breakthrough:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110620

Yea, do we have any reference to how many points? I did however hear that points can be earned by contributing goods. I think you'd find the Farmers get more personal points than the Fighters. DA filling would arguably get points too.

DeletedUser110620

It is equal, non GvGers who contribute to Treasury and who build GBs get ranking points form the goods they spend. I do not see how any of this is so badly unbalanced that it's worth being an issue. If anything the concern should be that without GvG fighters will have fewer opportunities to keep up with personal ranking with Farmers and GB builders....

DeletedUser

It is equal, non GvGers who contribute to Treasury and who build GBs get ranking points form the goods they spend. I do not see how any of this is so badly unbalanced that it's worth being an issue. If anything the concern should be that without GvG fighters will have fewer opportunities to keep up with personal ranking with Farmers and GB builders....

Not equal the app players can’t socialize (chat) and join the fun of lovely GvG they may contribute to the guild’s treasury so we can have fun: perfect really.
They just shouldn’t complaint I think it is just so annoying and jeopardizes my fun in the game.

DeletedUser110620

I have plenty of app players who are very valuable for GvG since they Farm. :)

Plenty of personal ranking points there through indirect GvG participation.