• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Importance / Relevance

• Thread starter DeletedUser112892
  • Start date

Agent327

Overlord
Completely agree, and whilst I understand not everyone likes it, there are parts of the game I am not crazy about either, but I would not suggest they be removed from the players that do appreciate them.

Why not? Game has to move on. They removed the Treassure Hunt because not many players participated in it anymore. Why should GvG be different?

DeletedUser97166

Why not? Game has to move on. They removed the Treassure Hunt because not many players participated in it anymore. Why should GvG be different?
You said people didn't participate in Treasure Hunt, but they do in GvG. Despite all the little things that can go wrong with it, it is still a big aspect of this game. Before GvG there wasn't a lot else and it was something asked for by a lot of players.
As I said, I may have things I don't like that others do, that doesn't mean just because I dislike it that I should ask for it to be removed from the game.
You may not like GvG but there are many players that do and many players who only play the game for GvG, you don't have to play it but you don't have to ask for it's removal at the expense of other players either.

Agent327

Overlord
You said people didn't participate in Treasure Hunt, but they do in GvG. Despite all the little things that can go wrong with it, it is still a big aspect of this game. Before GvG there wasn't a lot else and it was something asked for by a lot of players.

Participation in Treassure Hunt became less and less. GvG is going the same way and like Treassure Hunt, it isn't on the app, so make your own conclusion.

Last part I find very strange. I have been around for some time now, but never saw players ask for GvG.

As I said, I may have things I don't like that others do, that doesn't mean just because I dislike it that I should ask for it to be removed from the game.
You may not like GvG but there are many players that do and many players who only play the game for GvG, you don't have to play it but you don't have to ask for it's removal at the expense of other players either.

Why shouldn't you ask for it. We al agree it is buggy like hell. It is a fact that only a small part of the players play it, yet guild ranking is based on it. Is that fair you think? Solution to that is to ditch it, so there will be a new guild ranking. Why should you not ask for that?

DeletedUser97166

I have been around for some time now, but never saw players ask for GvG.
Before GvG was brought to the game, before it was even in beta, players wanted a way to put Guild against Guild that wasn't just about the number of points the players in the guild have. Before GvG that was the ranking system.
When you say you have been around for awhile - were you here before GvG was introduced to the game? Because that is the time I am talking about.

Why shouldn't you ask for it. We al agree it is buggy like hell. It is a fact that only a small part of the players play it, yet guild ranking is based on it. Is that fair you think? Solution to that is to ditch it, so there will be a new guild ranking. Why should you not ask for that?
Okay, I can understand you wanting a different ranking system, that doesn't mean you have to get rid of GvG that a lot of players (obviously not you) like. If you propose an alternative and get people to vote on it, the change may even be made. Maybe there could be two ranking systems, the old points only system and the GvG one in the GvG maps only.
That being said you will find a lot of the high point players are people who spend most of their time fighting in GvG or using GvG to farm goods.

DeletedUser100133

Hello

As you can see a few comments have been deleted, could you please stick to the topic and the rules of the forum and also be polite and considerate to each other, also may I remind you if you feel a comment or thread is a breach of rules please use the report system and do not retaliate to the comment or the thread.

Thank you

DeletedUser

I entirely get that something like GvG was and is most desirable but “little things”?
I think it is pretty major the downsides.
Probably not for us minority who likes to play this.
On the other hand we can’t neglect the downsides such as not being able to play it at all because PC’s/ Mac’s are simply not available in many households anymore.
Isn’t it a little self-centered if we stress GvG remains to be as is while a whole new FoE playing generation can’t join and is missing out?
Let alone the impact it has on personal rankings that is not fair now isn’t it?

I’ve got asked so frequently how on earth I gain the ranking I have compared to others so quickly.
These are frequently people from later ages with beter leveled GB’s who are totally flabbergasted.
Giving the answer because I fight so much gives me at the very least an uncomfortable feeling.
Because there is no way on earth they can achieve that on the app.
For them this is entirely unreachable nor understandable.
And I don’t fill sectors with champions, empty them and fill them again as many do daily.
A game and achieving a personal ranking to be proud of is for some pretty important as in most games.
It was a huge mistake, in my eyes, to allow people to gain personal gain from GvG.
If it was only for the teamspirit I am sure you agree we don’t need to benefit from it for ourselves but just for the guild only.

I think it would be only reasonable if an alternative is released in which everyone stands a chance and join the fun we might like that alternative as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Before GvG was brought to the game, before it was even in beta, players wanted a way to put Guild against Guild that wasn't just about the number of points the players in the guild have. Before GvG that was the ranking system.
When you say you have been around for awhile - were you here before GvG was introduced to the game? Because that is the time I am talking about.

Yes I was. I know the old ranking system, but I never saw players ask for GvG. Maybe I was on the wrong forums, but my understanding has always been that Inno tried to integrate Tribal Wars into FoE.

Okay, I can understand you wanting a different ranking system, that doesn't mean you have to get rid of GvG that a lot of players (obviously not you) like. If you propose an alternative and get people to vote on it, the change may even be made. Maybe there could be two ranking systems, the old points only system and the GvG one in the GvG maps only.
That being said you will find a lot of the high point players are people who spend most of their time fighting in GvG or using GvG to farm goods.

You keep going on about a lot of players liking it. That is just not true. Majority can't play it and of those who can again it is not the majority. It is just something for a relative small group of players and with all the bugs, it is the smart thing todo to just pull the plug.

Those high score players have the high scores, cause they abuse GvG to get those points.

Not sure what you mean by using GvG to farm goods. Can you explain that?

DeletedUser97166

I entirely get that something like GvG was and is most desirable but “little things”?
I think it is pretty major the downsides.
Probably not for us minority who likes to play this.
On the other hand we can’t neglect the downsides such as not being able to play it at all because PC’s/ Mac’s are simply not available in many households anymore.
Isn’t it a little self-centered if we stress GvG remains to be as is while a whole new FoE playing generation can’t join and is missing out?
Let alone the impact it has on personal rankings that is not fair now isn’t it?

I’ve got asked so frequently how on earth I gain the ranking I have compared to others so quickly.
These are frequently people from later ages with beter leveled GB’s who are totally flabbergasted.
Giving the answer because I fight so much gives me at the very least an uncomfortable feeling.
Because there is no way on earth they can achieve that on the app.
For them this is entirely unreachable nor understandable.
And I don’t fill sectors with champions, empty them and fill them again as many do daily.
A game and achieving a personal ranking to be proud of is for some pretty important as in most games.
It was a huge mistake, in my eyes, to allow people to gain personal gain from GvG.
If it was only for the teamspirit I am sure you agree we don’t need to benefit from it for ourselves but just for the guild only.l

I think it would be only reasonable if an alternative is released in which everyone stands a chance and that alternative we may like as well.
TBH i have said on a number of occasions that my favourite thing about GvG is how is brings the guild together, personally, I don't care at all about my personal ranking or that of other players. Their rankings will not determine if I like them, if I chat with them, if I help them. But I am sure there are a lot of players out there who care a great deal about the rankings and yes you are right, the people who play in GvG have more of a chance in the rankings.

But instead of attacking GvG and saying that GvG is at fault, maybe you should try to think of ways that would help the players that care about rankings and propose a vote on the ranking system itself.

And yes I did say little things, because having to refresh the GvG maps does not bother me, I don't let things like that bother me. I am here to enjoy myself playing a game, not get upset because there was lag. To others it may be important, but what I am expression here are my own personal views, I am sure there are many people who will read this and will not agree, but they have started a thread to try and raise the issues they are facing.

DeletedUser97166

Yes I was. I know the old ranking system, but I never saw players ask for GvG. Maybe I was on the wrong forums, but my understanding has always been that Inno tried to integrate Tribal Wars into FoE.
From what I recall there were many people asking for a guild vs guild long before it was announced, both in the forums and in the game chat itself.
You keep going on about a lot of players liking it. That is just not true.
Yes it is, I never said the majority, but out of all the people who play this games, the ones that play GvG are still a lot. And just because they are the minority does not mean they should not get to enjoy the things they do within the game.
Those high score players have the high scores, cause they abuse GvG to get those points.
Then propose a new ranking system.
Not sure what you mean by using GvG to farm goods. Can you explain that?
People can use GvG to do repeat quests in the higher ages that give a lot of high age goods in return for fights. I know a number of people use secure sectors that they fill with defence that they know, release before reset then take again after all the main fighting done just for these quests.

DeletedUser

TBH i have said on a number of occasions that my favourite thing about GvG is how is brings the guild together, personally, I don't care at all about my personal ranking or that of other players. Their rankings will not determine if I like them, if I chat with them, if I help them. But I am sure there are a lot of players out there who care a great deal about the rankings and yes you are right, the people who play in GvG have more of a chance in the rankings.

But instead of attacking GvG and saying that GvG is at fault, maybe you should try to think of ways that would help the players that care about rankings and propose a vote on the ranking system itself.

And yes I did say little things, because having to refresh the GvG maps does not bother me, I don't let things like that bother me. I am here to enjoy myself playing a game, not get upset because there was lag. To others it may be important, but what I am expression here are my own personal views, I am sure there are many people who will read this and will not agree, but they have started a thread to try and raise the issues they are facing.

Ranking doesn’t bother me either but that is easy for me to say.
If people do care this is a problem and if that is not the problem they miss out on a super nice and vibrant teambuilding part which FoE can’t offer, I suppose, to app players still it are not two seperate games.

So yes I propose GvG should not add anymore for personal gain and that points already gained are withdrawn.
Furthermore I propose a GvG-like concept every player, no matter device, can participate in.

DeletedUser97166

to app players still it are not two seperate games.
Even the lack of chat in the app can make that the case, not necessarily anything to do with GvG itself.
Furthermore I propose a GvG-like concept every player, no matter device, can participate in.
And I would love something that the app players can enjoy as well as the people who use the browser version of the game. But at the same time does it really have to replace GvG altogether, or can it be something that just runs along side it?

Agent327

Overlord
Yes it is, I never said the majority, but out of all the people who play this games, the ones that play GvG are still a lot. And just because they are the minority does not mean they should not get to enjoy the things they do within the game.

A lot liked the Treassure Hunt. That did not stop Inno to remove it. It just outlived it's use.

People can use GvG to do repeat quests in the higher ages that give a lot of high age goods in return for fights. I know a number of people use secure sectors that they fill with defence that they know, release before reset then take again after all the main fighting done just for these quests.

Those quests do not give goods. You have a chance to get goods and it is not just about fights. Your info on this is not complete.

DeletedUser97166

A lot liked the Treassure Hunt. That did not stop Inno to remove it. It just outlived it's use.
It's like comparing Apples and Oranges, it's not the same thing AT ALL.
Those quests do not give goods. You have a chance to get goods and it is not just about fights. Your info on this is not complete.
When people say, 'please do not touch those sectors, I am using them to farm goods' that is all the information I need.

DeletedUser

Even the lack of chat in the app can make that the case, not necessarily anything to do with GvG itself.

And I would love something that the app players can enjoy as well as the people who use the browser version of the game. But at the same time does it really have to replace GvG altogether, or can it be something that just runs along side it?

To me the app players do have the right to play the same game as the rest and yes that includes socializing/ chatting.
I absolutely agree.
GvG can be altered and renamed just so everyone has fun with it.
If there was to create a special something for app players (only?) the integration of all players gets even more complex.

Besides app players are often not welcome in the nicer guilds and yes those often play GvG en socialize via chat.
Isn’t that just sad?
I mean as if it is their wrong that InnoGames fails to properly integrate things and seems incapable to correct mistakes concerning GvG, chat and whatnot.

Agent327

Overlord
It's like comparing Apples and Oranges, it's not the same thing AT ALL.[/quoter]

Why not? It's a part off the game that can/could not be played on the app. That makes it the same thing.

When people say, 'please do not touch those sectors, I am using them to farm goods' that is all the information I need.

And that is what makes GvG so great????? It lets you abuse the game?

DeletedUser

Are you sure those are not ordinary ranking gamers with a nice coverup because there are maybe some reoccurring quests which involve fighting?

DeletedUser97166

How is it abusing it when someone has to spend their own troops to make it happen, and I know the person uses the goods to help the rest of the guild.
And yes that person is one of those people that care about rankings and probably wants it to help with the rankings as well.

But as I said the rankings can be changed without the need to remove GvG completely from the game should people raise an idea and that idea gets support, and then it is passed on. The devs may change things if that is the case.

DeletedUser

How is it abusing it when someone has to spend their own troops to make it happen, and I know the person uses the goods to help the rest of the guild.
And yes that person is one of those people that care about rankings and probably wants it to help with the rankings as well.

But as I said the rankings can be changed without the need to remove GvG completely from the game should people raise an idea and that idea gets support, and then it is passed on. The devs may change things if that is the case.

I think it is abusing because people deliberately fill sectors with known troops and I tend to think this is for personal ranking surely.
If it was to do for reoccurring quests to gain goods to share there are others as well.
Let’s be honest GvG is not designed to fill your own sector, empty it, fill it and releasing it again.
Surely they use their own troops but that doesn’t make it Guild vs Guild (attacking, defending and conquering) for the guild’s gain.

DeletedUser97166

I think it is abusing because people deliberately fill sectors with known troops and I tend to think this is for personal ranking surely.
If it was to do for reoccurring quests to gain goods to share there are others as well.
Let’s be honest GvG is not designed to fill your own sector, empty it, fill it and releasing it again.
Surely they use their own troops but that doesn’t make it Guild vs Guild (attacking, defending and conquering) for the guild’s gain.
But you could say the same for the guilds that release their sectors a few seconds before reset and then re siege them again after reset so that they still have the shield.
Yet this is part of GvG as it protects sectors from other guilds.
And using GvG to get goods when it costs so many goods anyway is not a bad things in my opinion.

Now I have given my person views, I am bored of arguing the same point on repeat and am also tired.

So night y'all

DeletedUser

But you could say the same for the guilds that release their sectors a few seconds before reset and then re siege them again after reset so that they still have the shield.
Yet this is part of GvG as it protects sectors from other guilds.
And using GvG to get goods when it costs so many goods anyway is not a bad things in my opinion.

Now I have given my person views, I am bored of arguing the same point on repeat and am also tired.

So night y'all

I feel absolutely a distinction in the “shield tactic” and farming goods via GvG.
If only all participants can join in this tactic and it is often not an overly full sector if we can help it just so it is a quick venue before sieges are broken and the “enemy” is sieging earlier.
And yes GvG costs a lot of goods but if this is the way to gain them I consider that a bit dubious.
Mobilsations for goods and troops, as a guild, is just such charming part.
Thereby the farming part is only useful for the guild till the Future era as far as GvG concerns.
I just so happen to be in that era and in the Future Era and the era’s before that I have not seen such reoccuring quest while my Future tech is completed.

I can’t get myself to go to AF though as my Arc will not be usefull for the GvG treasury anymore ;)

Edit utterly boring indeed that said it is the first sensefull discussion I’ve seen here so far in this matter.
Although we have to agree we firmly disagree on some critical values I am afraid.

Last edited by a moderator: