• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #51 2018-04-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyHecate

Major-General
Ooooh! Next Era revealed as "Virtual Future"; hitting your Beta cities soon!
H_SS_VirtualFuture_Townhall.png

DeletedUser

The problem is, they get used to it. You now dial back a bit, and they will revolt! :D
Yup, I really need to get Genghis Khan to start shooting them down from his horse.

Ooooh! Next Era revealed as "Virtual Future"; hitting your Beta cities soon!
H_SS_VirtualFuture_Townhall.png
That looks more like Asian Future, lol. But I like the theme, it sounds interesting.

DeletedUser111866

A solar flare would at most disrupt connectivity. I was speaking about harder problems like power outage due to a power plant malfunction or say a power grid control failure, or related problems. Imagine a data center getting powered off due to such outage, and all of a sudden someone either gets kicked out of VR or plain eradicated, depending on entity type. OW.

DeletedUser112581

I finally have a worthy neighbour!

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 12.41.13.png

A solar flare would at most disrupt connectivity. I was speaking about harder problems like power outage due to a power plant malfunction or say a power grid control failure, or related problems. Imagine a data center getting powered off due to such outage, and all of a sudden someone either gets kicked out of VR or plain eradicated, depending on entity type. OW.

An extremely massive solar flare could still fry most electronic infrastructure on Earth. It's never happened, at least not since we have a strong dependency on electricity, but I think our star is capable of that.

DeletedUser112581

Two grenadiers, three LMA heavy infantry and two cannons, I think. Plus +44% defence. Maybe he had a rogue also, I'm not sure.

DeletedUser111866

An extremely massive solar flare could still fry most electronic infrastructure on Earth.
I actually expect that consumer level electronics might get fried, but server hardware is all grounded and encased in multiple Faraday cells in form of ferroconcrete walls, datacenter inner walls (up to solid steel with a single door) and server racks that are also made of sgeel and are grounded. Such a big solar flare would certainly disconnect people, but with current degree of people's lock-up with Internet this still miht do more good than bad. With full VR it can break people's life a lot harder, depending on whether people get food from affected devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.