• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #51 2018-04-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

Legend
Even if you did go back to the "stone age" it's still have the left overs from civilisation so you'd have stone age mixed with tech advancements of some kind

DeletedUser111866

Okay event complete (left with ~10 FP on P), waiting for something else and stockpiling more resources.

DeletedUser112581

I'm not going to do the last quest, I have no province to conquer.

Iwateguy

Major-General
A solar flare would at most disrupt connectivity. I was speaking about harder problems like power outage due to a power plant malfunction or say a power grid control failure, or related problems. Imagine a data center getting powered off due to such outage, and all of a sudden someone either gets kicked out of VR or plain eradicated, depending on entity type. OW.

One of my favourite books is by John Ringo; the title is There Will Be Dragons. On a future Earth, there is a world-spanning Artificial Intelligence called 'Mother'. It provides everyone on the planet with everything they need. When the Council who are charged with controlling things has a falling out, most of the world loses access to Mother. When this happens, if you were exploring the ocean depths in a protective bubble of force provided by Mother, too bad for you.

Some people had even 'downloaded' their being into a swarm of nanobots that they could control. When Mother stopped providing the power for those nanobots, all that was left of you was a pile of nanobot dust on the floor.

Ringo wrote several books in the series The Council Wars, but I read last year that he doesn't expect to be writing more in it. Darn it!

Ati2

Legend
It's about the Indian woman Sacajawea who is credited with helping the American explorers Lewis and Clark travel across the continent and find routes to reach the Pacific.
Sounds interesting. Too bad the quests themselves have nothing to do with the actual event/person. That would make it even more fun! :)

Emberguard

Legend
Only more fun if the events were outside the usual. Otherwise you'd have a lot of continent travel (aka conquering sectors and scouting) :lol:

But if it was truly unique quests that added something completely new to the game, then it'd be a fun thing to have them related to the character

Ati2

Legend
Only more fun if the events were outside the usual. Otherwise you'd have a lot of continent travel (aka conquering sectors and scouting) :lol:

But if it was truly unique quests that added something completely new to the game, then it'd be a fun thing to have them related to the character

I don't have anything specific in mind. It's just that currently the quests don't really tell you anything about the topic they cover. It's the same "conquer, spend, produce, etc" cycle as always.

DeletedUser

It'd be cool if there was a way to make the quests in historical events more uniquely related to the event.

Iwateguy

Major-General
Sounds interesting.

The story is interesting but it's 5 days and has 14 quests. Quest #2 wants me to defeat 30 units or negotiate a sector. The earliest I could do either is probably tomorrow and that would leave me looking at completing 3 quests a day to finish in time. The final reward is a Menagerie which, in EMA, gives 5,000 coins/day and, if motivated, 7 random goods in a 4x5 footprint.

All things considered, I think this would be too much effort for too little gain in my Beta city.

Status
Not open for further replies.