• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #42 2018-02-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

Legend
yeah, just haven't had breakfast either xD Unless coffee counts. I think I might have the beginning of a problem. Recently I keep skipping breakfast and having coffee

Last edited:

DeletedUser110179

Just seen the new Cherry Garden set Level 2 buildings in the Spoilers section on Beta. Same size as original Level 1 pieces.
I might start chasing the Cherry Garden chest on DC a bit more now!

SPRING_B_Loading_Screen_1.jpg
Interesting ... same garden but more cherry and a great big bell ... very nice indeed.

DeletedUser112366

The bridge Level 2 is good enough. I can do away with one culture bldg and one prod. bldg

aaaaaa.JPG

Sorry, this is for support team to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111866

Morning people... I'm on a trip to another city, one day over two to go, and already really tired. No real resting place in here :(

DeletedUser110179

Only 10% pay to play ... and 75% of players are male ... What happened to 50/50.
Kudos to all the Top 100 players (on any world) ... that don't buy diamonds (I don't have that skill).

Emberguard

Legend
This is quite interesting as Ramit Sethi also goes by the philosophy of giving away 98% and then selling the best 2% for a premium

DeletedUser111866

Only 10% pay to play ... and 75% of players are male ... What happened to 50/50.
Was there ever 50/50? And if you're speaking about paying percentage, ask yourself first, do YOU want to pay for tnis game?

Emberguard

Legend

This persons math is off

11 x 5% doesn't equal 50% chance of winning xD That would assume each chance effects the next chance so that you have a guaranteed win within a certain amount of wins. When in reality the other 95 woul have to be multiplied by the same rate as the 5 %

DeletedUser110179

Was there ever 50/50?
And if you're speaking about paying percentage, ask yourself first, do YOU want to pay for tnis game?
I bought Rise of Nations ... 15 years ago ... when piracy was probably even more rampant than it is today
(Microsoft games were notoriously more expensive than anyone else).

Sure nobody needs to pirate FoE ... but I like spending here instead of going to the cinema, restaurants and pubs.
I don't really enjoy or appreciate free-stuff ... rather pay double when you could pay half.

If 50% of players paid some ... FoE might turn into a really good game.

DeletedUser111866

They didn't have access to Internet activation to protect their game copies, yet still to make a copy they had to pay quite a value compared to today. Pirates, however, had to distribute copies the same way, thus a CD with a game might as well be a cracked version, even if you bought it as "fully licensed". Now both prices to make a protected copy and to make a verbatim copy are reduced about thousandfold, but game prices aren't down by a cent, and games' attractiveness is also dropped by a serious amount. Say, MOO2 is still played, being patched (sic!) and modded, while no one gets to play last year's CoD because of a new one available, and because they played it once and stashed the now-useless media away. So, piracy existing is good, as it allows to spread word about a thing faster, but if your game is bad, then you really lose from it being pirated because less people would buy your sh!t.

Status
Not open for further replies.