• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed At last, Week #26 2017-10-30 (or thereabouts!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110179

compared to the summer palace and fountains - the christmas building set seems a little under powered. I wonder how many will actually build them
Considering that Summer is the premier event ... a 4x5 block size at 4 fp/d and 3% attack bonus could have been worse .

Tinkerer's_Tent.png
Sugar_Baker's_Booth.png
Madame_Fortuna's_Tent.png
Moose_Meadow.png
Halmbock.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110179

Edit: This wont work they all need to touch 4 other buildings from the set (except Halmbock needs 3) .

Winter Event.png

DeletedUser111866

Holy-y... free buildings from the set? Every second day? This is a whole lot! And if they'd give them for actions as well... hope I will get me a whole set, at least the part that gives the most bang per space.

DeletedUser111866

I read this message as once in two days the reward will be a set building.

DeletedUser104719

I read this message as once in two days the reward will be a set building.

I think that's right; every other day, the 'top prize' is one of the set buildings. You still have to actually win the thing...

DeletedUser111866

You still have to actually win the thing...
So they are not feee? Well, still nice to have a certainly valuable prize, especially for someone who has almost nothing special about his city. (Well, compared to someone who built an Arc in Iron Age, a sight starting to be not so rare...)

So they are not feee? Well, still nice to have a certainly valuable prize, especially for someone who has almost nothing special about his city. (Well, compared to someone who built an Arc in Iron Age, a sight starting to be not so rare...)
Nine buildings.
One offered as potentially available every other day.
35 days in the Event.
That means that each building will be on offer for potential winning twice only.
Winning is a one in 18 chance. If the cost of an attempt at winning is kept at 10 stars, there might be two chances per day. Four chances if you don’t try to get any of the intermediary buildings.
So, without buying attempts (at ridiculously high cost but I presume some people will pay: thank goodness for the suckers with more money than sense), That gives a total of 8/18 chance of getting a building. 44% chance (or thereabouts) of getting each building.

Don’t get too excited, folks! The average player will get 4 buildings: not even enough to secure the top boost on the best buildings, even if they do get one.

DeletedUser110179

Busy week on the Tower ... took 2 sectors in HMA GvG ... over 600k (my previous best was 250k) ... ♫

PvP Tower 5 Nov.jpg

Funny thing, wooly the only one (at 9th place) attacked and breached my city defenses a few hours back (2 Knights + 6 XBows) .

Busy week on the Tower ... took 2 sectors in HMA GvG ... over 600k (my previous best was 250k) ... ♫

View attachment 13738
You know, as intelligent as (I think) I am, ot has only just dawned on me that not only do I miss out of the fun of GvG but the reason I struggle so much to get high on the PvP Towers is because people are adding in the GvG battles. Doh! No wonder app players leave this game at such a high rate! We really just are not competing on anything like a level playing field.

DeletedUser110179

Doh! No wonder app players leave this game at such a high rate! We really just are not competing on anything like a level playing field.
I just know that you stay because you love an uphill battle ... a truly level playing field would have got you running ages ago.
I also hear about all the Iron Age players with an Arc while I don't even have CdM (a slight handicap against non-white sectors in GvG) .

The question is ... can you still progress with shackles around your feet
(much like the convicts sent to early Australia ... who mostly did much better than the population back home) .

I just know that you stay because you love an uphill battle ... a truly level playing field would have got you running ages ago.
I also hear about all the Iron Age players with an Arc while I don't even have CdM (a slight handicap against non-white sectors in GvG) .
There’s colour prejudice in GvG? :P

DeletedUser110179

There’s colour prejudice in GvG? :P
Lol ... white sectors are free sectors (like conquering the map) ... while normal sectors are controlled by individual guilds.
It was pretty much my first time, so I'm still figuring it all out.

GvG.jpg

DeletedUser110179

Ah, I see (not really).
It looks fun. I wonder why it was never put on the app.
Maybe they don't have enough processing power.

The two green sectors are the ones I took while white ones are up for grabs ... like vacant countries when you start a game of RISK.

My iPad has about the same processing power as my friend’s laptop .. and isn’t burdened by Windows.

Free countries! Sounds good to me, so long as they aren’t the kind of ‘free’ that Hit-ler thought Russia was! (Strange that a historical name should be asterisked out.)

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I had 8 FPs from a single pass through my friends list. That was, as far as I know, a personal record. Well, I’ve just had another record: a pass through my friends list with a good number of Tavern sits .. and not a single FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.