• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #13 2017-07-31

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikingraider

Emperor
Just back to my earlier question, having looked into it, it looks around level 30 when players with high level arc's can make a profit by donating 50% of the level cost.

vikingraider

Emperor
That's level 30 on my Arc. Any level below and they'd have to donate more than half so might not get back what they put in.

I recently started playing Civ 6. It is really strange, coming from Civ 5. Much of the graphics is more comic-like and seems to be appealling to a tweent audience, while the gameplay has definitely become more intricate and involved. The screen is much harder on the eyes - pretty pastel text on soothing padtel backgrounds don't help - with far worse graphics handling at the me hanical level, resulting, for me and apparently many others, in a map that won't go small enough with text that won't go big enough.

If/when you can pick up a copy for a tenner, see what you think of it. Otherwise, stick to Civ 5 or even Civ 3.

DeletedUser110195

I still play 4. I've got 1, 2 and 3 lying around somewhere.

The thing I dislike most about civ after 2 is you can't ship food from one city to another.

DeletedUser110179

My favorite game of alltime must be Blockout ... looked gorgeous on a paper-white screen back in the late 80's.
Probably one of the first 3D games ... let your fingers do the talking.

No love for Civ 4?
Nope. Mostly, I just could not get on with the swooping graphics. Added to that was the bugginess. While all Civs are buggy (WAY more than they should be, which is why I won't ever pay full price) Civ 4 was awful. So, I went back to 3 until a friend bought Civ 5 for me and that is one of the best versions, so extendable that you can keep messing around with various add-ons and effectively create an entirely new version of the game.

Do you have the goods for DT?
I have been so focused on how to get the goods to build a DT that I overlooked that I still don't have all the blueprints!

Still, a week or so intensive effort and I should have them.

Meanwhile, I have full blueprints for 10 others..!

Last edited:

DeletedUser108047

@Augustavian .... re rogues up to CA not including CA - a similar defence with heavies & rogues can work in higher ages where the heavies take limited damage can work... but again leaving it there as a permanent city defence is not a good idea. In IndA rogues and jaegers can be a painful GvG DA to overcome if it has some defence boost as you can't go auto as it converts all the rogues first and going manual you have to go hand to hand...

DeletedUser110195

This makes no sense....I've encountered plenty of rogues on defense and I just ignore them, as has anyone who attacked me before I got the clue that players ignore rogues on defense. I don't attack like the retarded defense AI and smoke out the rogues into becoming a regular unit right away...there is no way in the flaming pits of hell 3 heavies and 5 rogues works as a defense...ever, in any age, because the attacker can focus all 8 of his units on those 3 heavies which will charge at him with reckless abandon, and then one shot each rogue.

DeletedUser110179

there is no way in the flaming pits of hell 3 heavies and 5 rogues works as a defense...ever, in any age, because the attacker can focus all 8 of his units on those 3 heavies which will charge at him with reckless abandon, and then one shot each rogue.
Not sure ... but rogues move further than heavies, so getting onto you before the heavies arrive (unless you use artillery).
I love attacking with 7 rogues and 1 heavy ... even 2-wave encounters against trebs (HMA).

DeletedUser110195

Not sure ... but rogues move further than heavies, so getting onto you before the heavies arrive (unless you use artillery).
I love attacking with 7 rogues and 1 heavy ... even 2-wave encounters against trebs (HMA).
I am quite sure that 4 ranged and 4 rogues would humiliate the person who set a 3 heavy 5 rogue defense. That attack doesn't have to kill the heavies before the rogues can hit anything, just before they hit a ranged unit. In the opening moves I would have 2 heavies dead and a shield of rogues in front of my ranged. Any rogues with the movement to reach something would run into my rogues first. On my next turn the defense loses, that last surviving heavy dies and following him are the rogues.

I've done this hundreds of times, when encountering someone with rogues on their defense. Worst case scenario the battle takes a little longer because I keep everyone back and poof out some rogues and kill them.

DeletedUser108047

almost 19,000 fights so far so I don't blow smoke up one's...

the advice was kindly meant

Status
Not open for further replies.