• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter event 2013 - discussion

DeletedUser5514

it is random - doesn't need to be fair. gambling can never be a dead cert or it would lose its whole point.

ps - i gave up on my reindeer paddock after spending 60 stars without winning it, lol

Exactly my point and the reason to criticize this event.

DeletedUser13082

Exactly my point and the reason to criticize this event.

Fair enough you can criticise the event but what we have to remember is the event isn't actually part of the game, it's a gift given for the season and in all fairness if the gift wasn't given there wouldn't be anything to criticise or complain about :). It's kind of like receiving a Christmas present and saying "well that's not very good why didn't you get me the blue one?" you wouldn't do it cause it's rude for starters and it's not about the gift anyway it's about the fact that somebody went to the effort to get that gift for you. That's the way I see these events personally, it's a gift and should be treated as one :)

My take on the event is it's much the same as the summer event in the way of gift giving. I don't think picking a box is technically random as I believe the prizes are pre-determined from the moment you click shuffle. The same way as it was proven in the summer event and later admitted, once you clicked the spin the prize that the wheel would land on was already known, the spinning was actually just for show. Much like the shuffle is just for show and I believe that when clicking a box it doesn't matter which box you click on the prize you receive will be the same as they are pre-determined before you even open anything. For example, if your pre-determined list of prizes is 1 unattached rogue, large FP package and then shuffle, it doesn't matter which boxes you click, those are the prizes you get and that is the order you get them in.

I haven't looked into trying to prove any of that so it's just a theory, but that's how I think it works at least :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As a PLAYER i have to say I love the events, yes I'm sure it is random or pre determined but either way its a bit of fun and lots of freebies up for grabs, I always look forward to the events :-) but there is always going to be sum1 who isn't :-( lol. Come on cheer up guys and have fun :-) Kim :-p

DeletedUser97590

Until now I have got all the presents that I really wanted to have, not many are really interesting to be honest.
However what bugs me most about this event is how the shuffle reward is pictured as being something useful, when in fact all it does is to critically decrease your chances to win a present. Yet we are told how great shuffle is, every 5th time when we refresh the game.

DeletedUser5180

Until now I have got all the presents that I really wanted to have, not many are really interesting to be honest.
However what bugs me most about this event is how the shuffle reward is pictured as being something useful, when in fact all it does is to critically decrease your chances to win a present. Yet we are told how great shuffle is, every 5th time when we refresh the game.

It can be seen as both something useful and also a right pain lol

If you win the days special prize and continue to open presents you'll sooner or later get the shuffle allowing you the chance of the special prize again. (i got 4 reindeer paddocks this way yesterday but had saved all my stars since day one for this very building)

On the other hand if you have a limited amount of stars you may open a few presents and then shuffle before reaching the special prize.....once they reset you have to start all over again which is not so good. The only way to maximise your chances is to save all your stars for the day you know there is a special prize you really want.

DeletedUser15432

I have actually been playing the winter quest series for the forge point rewards and any other items I get are a bonus, so far 3 snow globes, log cabin 250 diamonds 50 stars (3 times), wishing well, winter market (twice), tobacco plantation (twice), field gun camp, clock tower (4 times), winter gate, mercenary barracks (twice), shoemakers, public baths, perfume distiller (twice), exotic goods building, tannery and a whole slew of coins, supplies, and forge points

DeletedUser97590

If you win the days special prize and continue to open presents you'll sooner or later get the shuffle allowing you the chance of the special prize again. (i got 4 reindeer paddocks this way yesterday but had saved all my stars since day one for this very building)

On the other hand if you have a limited amount of stars you may open a few presents and then shuffle before reaching the special prize.....once they reset you have to start all over again which is not so good. The only way to maximise your chances is to save all your stars for the day you know there is a special prize you really want.

Exactly, if you didn't save up the starts then you either missed out on what you wanted or should have bought the stars with real money.
Honestly I do not see any interest in getting several of each of the special buildings, for several reasons:
- esthetics
- space available to build them
- the return of investment will not be there as soon as I advance to a new Age/Era, so soon enough they will be sold at a loss.

One of each is more then enough, the only exceptions being Wishing Wells, Rogues Hideouts and maybe Watchfires.

DeletedUser5514

You had the luck others did not have...

With Alcatraz, you need only 1 Rogue Hideout.
Exactly, if you didn't save up the starts then you either missed out on what you wanted or should have bought the stars with real money.
Honestly I do not see any interest in getting several of each of the special buildings, for several reasons:
- esthetics
- space available to build them
- the return of investment will not be there as soon as I advance to a new Age/Era, so soon enough they will be sold at a loss.

One of each is more then enough, the only exceptions being Wishing Wells, Rogues Hideouts and maybe Watchfires.

I would preffer such events not to occur since they give unfair advantage to those who are lucky enough to get those special buildings wich give better production/coins/happiness output per square than most.
Fair enough you can criticise the event but what we have to remember is the event isn't actually part of the game, it's a gift given for the season and in all fairness if the gift wasn't given there wouldn't be anything to criticise or complain about :). It's kind of like receiving a Christmas present and saying "well that's not very good why didn't you get me the blue one?" you wouldn't do it cause it's rude for starters and it's not about the gift anyway it's about the fact that somebody went to the effort to get that gift for you. That's the way I see these events personally, it's a gift and should be treated as one :)

My take on the event is it's much the same as the summer event in the way of gift giving. I don't think picking a box is technically random as I believe the prizes are pre-determined from the moment you click shuffle. The same way as it was proven in the summer event and later admitted, once you clicked the spin the prize that the wheel would land on was already known, the spinning was actually just for show. Much like the shuffle is just for show and I believe that when clicking a box it doesn't matter which box you click on the prize you receive will be the same as they are pre-determined before you even open anything. For example, if your pre-determined list of prizes is 1 unattached rogue, large FP package and then shuffle, it doesn't matter which boxes you click, those are the prizes you get and that is the order you get them in.

I haven't looked into trying to prove any of that so it's just a theory, but that's how I think it works at least :)

DeletedUser97218

Question - my Frosty task is to scout a province yet there is currently no province available for me to scout. Am I stuck with no more tasks until the end of the event now or is there a work around?

DeletedUser3157

Why do you nothing left to scout? Usually you need to take some of the provinces you already see, in order to scout beyond them. Or if you are in PE area, then you need to take all 7 provinces first before you can scout the final 8th one(located somewhere around modern day russia). Otherwise if you have EVERYTHING scouted, the quest should auto-complete.

DeletedUser97218

Thanks Hint, I have to take 2 scouted provinces before (I assume) I can scout further and I cannot take those provinces now as I do not have the required goods to buy them and my army is not advanced enough to conquer them. And Happy Christmas

DeletedUser15432

Answer, it you have scouted all provinces it will auto complete - if you are scouting a province, this will complete the quest

DeletedUser

I am sorry but I am very disappointed with this winter event. It seems stupid to me the special reward on Christmas to be 50stars I thought that the best one will be kept for Christmas. Am I the only one who thinks this way ?

DeletedUser98566

tabula, it depends on which country you are from. Yesterday, the 24th, the reward was winter market. In Finland (and many other European countries) this is Christmas.

DeletedUser96901

I am sorry but I am very disappointed with this winter event. It seems stupid to me the special reward on Christmas to be 50stars I thought that the best one will be kept for Christmas. Am I the only one who thinks this way ?
is this a Christmas Event or a Winter Event :confused:

if it would be Christmas Event then the best prices should be on christmas and then it must be over
but it is a Winter Event and will not end on Christmas :p

DeletedUser3157

Thanks Hint, I have to take 2 scouted provinces before (I assume) I can scout further and I cannot take those provinces now as I do not have the required goods to buy them and my army is not advanced enough to conquer them. And Happy Christmas

How many goods you'd need and what world would it be btw?

DeletedUser96901

but we get the presents (= big price) on Christmas Eve not on Christmas :p

DeletedUser7990

Actually Christmas is for 12 days, it's from the 25th to the 6th of January (when the Spanish get their presents), though in Russia it's later because of the old calendar. Peter the Great modernised Russia by changing calenders, then the west went and changed their calenders and they didn't dare take days off people's lives again, so were stuck with (i think) the Gregorian calender, might be wrong about the name.