• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2015

DeletedUser96901

people complaining about building and/or deleting 2 buildings :eek:

in my 3 progressive era cities I had to delete almost my complete city because of the first quest
making them enthusiastic when playing the angry strategy: that was horrible
(in my future era cities it was only a few houses because of many happiness GB)

I haven't rebuild it yet (waiting for the end of the event. last year at the end was another enthusiastic quest)
city.jpg

so "make people enthusiastic" is the most ridiculous quest :p

DeletedUser108764

I'm in the contemporary era the only buildings available are floating market and shopping mall until i get to the zen garden at the end... 4 squares? ... 25 squares each !!! be more than a few days leveling up lol

DeletedUser5180

I'm in the contemporary era the only buildings available are floating market and shopping mall until i get to the zen garden at the end... 4 squares? ... 25 squares each !!! be more than a few days leveling up lol

again, if you are in CE you should know how these quests work in events and be prepared to some extent

if you're in CE then build public pools from PME for the quest which needs a footprint of 5x4

i actually said 4x4 (which is 16 squares) NOT 4 squares......

having a space in your city (4x4 should be big enough) for putting up any building asked for in a quest

i don't know why there are always those who feel duty bound to complain during these events, surely a challenge is far better than simply polishing 30 players or spending 10 fps.?

to those who complain i suggest you write down EVERY present you open and every building you currently have that has to be deleted and compare both lists when the event is over. I'm sure that you will come out better off but if you think you won't then there is an easy solution...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16026

trixiemoon is correct as the quest asks for Cultural buildings

My bad, sorry. :)

But when it comes down to Cultural buildings and serious lack of space in my city, what I do is I sell an existing Cultural building, use that space to build/sell how many I need to. You don't need 3 separate spaces, just build/sell on the space for one building.

Or you can sell whichever building is least useful in your city, there must be a building you'd eventually replace anyway. I won a Rail Gun Range the other day with absolutely no space for placing it - but I instantly knew where it could go and which building I can delete.

Roc8

Corporal
But when it comes down to Cultural buildings and serious lack of space in my city, what I do is I sell an existing Cultural building, use that space to build/sell how many I need to. You don't need 3 separate spaces, just build/sell on the space for one building.

That is exactly what I did. I deleted a previous age cultural building 3 times and built it 3 times. City is virtually unchanged. Just lacking the coins and supplies.

DeletedUser2989

My strategy for building cultural buildings is to see if I can win one in the presents (because even special cultural buildings should complete the quest), so I'll be waiting a few days to see what pops up then I can build the cultural buildings for free (sort of). :) I still have the issue of lack of space but luckily special cultural buildings don't take up much space.

So I just need to wait for one of these:
Graveyard , I've seen a scarecrow so it's possible a Graveyard might pop up...
Sandcastle
Winter Market
Winter Tower, the new one in this event. :)

If I can win even regular or premium ones from my age I can just sell and rebuild what I have. Sure I got to wait a few days and spend some stars to do this but it seems like the easier way for me to get through this quest.

Roc8

Corporal
According to wiki, the next quest (#9) is to construct a building from your current age or 4 from the previous age. Can this be any building including roads or is there a specific building one must construct?

DeletedUser12400

According to wiki, the next quest (#9) is to construct a building from your current age or 4 from the previous age. Can this be any building including roads or is there a specific building one must construct?
It can be roads and decorations from your current or previous age :)

DeletedUser105408

Winter Event need an answer

My problem is with the task complete a 24 hour 24 production. I have done this twice but after completion i do not have a green tick saying the task is completed and i am unable to move on. What is wrong.
Wolfie 2

DeletedUser106818

Question: When you hit a 'shuffle' present, it just shuffles the as yet unopened presents around right? Meaning that the special for that day will still be under the wrappers for that day?

DeletedUser99588

My problem is with the task complete a 24 hour 24 production. I have done this twice but after completion i do not have a green tick saying the task is completed and i am unable to move on. What is wrong.
Wolfie 2

Check the quest to see if it asks for supplies or goods.

Question: When you hit a 'shuffle' present, it just shuffles the as yet unopened presents around right? Meaning that the special for that day will still be under the wrappers for that day?

All the gifts are wrapped up again and shuffled so you start from scratch.

DeletedUser106818

Aye you start from scratch but the days special will still be under there for that day?

DeletedUser106818

Excellent thanks thanatos, that makes me feel much better.

DeletedUser102187

Hi Everyone, Can anyone tell me if the prizes get better as the event goes on, making it worthwhile to save stars?

Thanks

Squeegee

DeletedUser2989

Hi squeegee1,

That's a bit of a tricky question, I think the majority of players would consider most of the prizes as not worthwhile (everyone will be different though). Just how many worthwhile prizes are in the even will be unknown for many people (as we have no idea what prizes are yet to come). We recently had Reno Kits pop up and I thought that was a worthwhile prize, we should see a few more popular ones like that too. In the end if nothing good (to you) pops up in the daily prizes you can always spend your stars over the last few days and pick up random prizes. I know it's little consolation but I'd be very surprised if you went through the entire event and saw nothing you wanted.

DeletedUser96901

Hi Everyone, Can anyone tell me if the prizes get better as the event goes on, making it worthwhile to save stars?

Thanks

Squeegee
very good prizes:
Wishing Wells - especially when you get them in early eras
Shrine of Knowledge - everybody needs FP

if you have an Alcatraz you need ONE rogue hideout
but if you are in an early era than you could get that in a later event

so you shouldn't spend your stars before those things were available

after that things aren't as good anymore
then you can spend your remaining stars if you see something that you like (for me that could be a King or Queen)

DeletedUser5180

Thanks

Squeegee

if you are a fighter then rogue hideout and champ retreat should be top of your list (plus the reno kit we just had)

if you don't fight then i'd be inclined to save stars for the premium (diamond) buildings or SoK