• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2015

DeletedUser16026

You can scout and reach the Industrial Age map without any research. The Continent Map is in no way tied to your research progress. All it depends on is what units you have and how good you're managing the battles.

DeletedUser5180

Noticed on Dec. 23 that you have to scout a province. I'm working in the last province I have on my Colonial Age map as of now with only 3 sectors left to take over and that is one of the remaining tasks listed in the Winter Event. My only other province(the bonus province) only has one sector remaining to conquer also. There are no provinces remaining on my map to scout for Dec. 23. I still have Technology to research in the Colonial Age before I can advance to the Industrial Age. How will I be able to scout a province to advance myself in the Winter Event and finally finish it or will that be it for me?

it sounds like you will need to advance to the industrial age map. you may only need to clear 2 sectors of the colonnial age to be allowed to scout again but i'm not 100% sure

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
You can scout and reach the Industrial Age map without any research. The Continent Map is in no way tied to your research progress. All it depends on is what units you have and how good you're managing the battles.
As of right now there are no provinces showing with the capability to scout. In tomorrow's event I have to acquire 3 sectors(my last 3 available in Colonial Age) so I hope if I can acquire them, new provinces(will have to be from Industrial Age though) will show up with capability to scout them even though I won't be able to research the Industrial Age at this time. I still have research to do in Colonial Age.

DeletedUser16026

Once you complete the Colonial Age map you'll be able to scout the Ship that leads to the Industrial Age map. When that scouting completes, you'll be able to scout your first province on the Industrial Age map.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
Once you complete the Colonial Age map you'll be able to scout the Ship that leads to the Industrial Age map. When that scouting completes, you'll be able to scout your first province on the Industrial Age map.
By completing the C.A. map does that mean also the bonus province too or just the regular provinces because the last regular province will be hopefully finished today by acquiring the last 3 sectors. I wanted to save acquiring the last sector of the bonus province for the quest of Dec. 18 of gaining control of a province.

DeletedUser7719

By completing the C.A. map does that mean also the bonus province too or just the regular provinces because the last regular province will be hopefully finished today by acquiring the last 3 sectors. I wanted to save acquiring the last sector of the bonus province for the quest of Dec. 18 of gaining control of a province.
It is only the last CA province: bonus provinces are bonus
iCX8bRt.png

DeletedUser6065

I would like some clarification please:
In past Winter Events, there was no quest for December 25. The thinking being that this is a true family day, not a gaming day. The Wiki thread for this year's event shows a quest for the 25th. Is this going to happen?

. . . . mk

DeletedUser16126

I yesterday found somewhere an overview of the quests and a history of the rewards.
But today I cannot find it back. Anyone has the link?
Found it back...

DeletedUser16026

I would like some clarification please:
In past Winter Events, there was no quest for December 25. The thinking being that this is a true family day, not a gaming day. The Wiki thread for this year's event shows a quest for the 25th. Is this going to happen?

. . . . mk
There will be a new quest every day, including on December 25th. Of course if you're not around then you can still complete it the following day.

DeletedUser107692

I really like this event but what I think could be improved is that we have no idea which items are going to be coming up as specials. There were one or two buildings so far which are on my wish list but I didn't want to spend stars on trying to get them because I really want to get a couple of wishing wells. Which is fine, I'm not complaining about not getting everything I want but what if there wouldn't be any wishing wells in this event? There probably will be but I can't know for sure and what if I ended up with 500 stars on the last day of the event because I was saving them waiting for wishing wells and I'd have to get whatever the offer is going to be on the last day?
Thhat's why I think that it'd be really nice to at least know which items are going to be specials in the event. When you don't want to tell us which item is coming up when that's fine but I think it wouldn't hurt to at least let us know which ones you'll be offering.

DeletedUser5180

I really like this event but what I think could be improved is that we have no idea which items are going to be coming up as specials. There were one or two buildings so far which are on my wish list but I didn't want to spend stars on trying to get them because I really want to get a couple of wishing wells. Which is fine, I'm not complaining about not getting everything I want but what if there wouldn't be any wishing wells in this event? There probably will be but I can't know for sure and what if I ended up with 500 stars on the last day of the event because I was saving them waiting for wishing wells and I'd have to get whatever the offer is going to be on the last day?
Thhat's why I think that it'd be really nice to at least know which items are going to be specials in the event. When you don't want to tell us which item is coming up when that's fine but I think it wouldn't hurt to at least let us know which ones you'll be offering.

the special prizes should be the same as beta, just a different order :)

DeletedUser4800

Anyone else thinks this winter event has been a complete and utter crap? No special prize has been worth spending points on, the most valuable thing has been the renovation kit, everything else so far has been useless garbage.

Even the raindeer padock which has been good before is crap for the future, barely any stats increase over the previous age.

DeletedUser100832

well they started earlier than in previous years, so had to fill the first couple of weeks with garbage

most people will just hoard stars and hope that shrines of knowledge come near the end. Or rogue hideouts for anyone who needs them.

DeletedUser5180

Anyone else thinks this winter event has been a complete and utter crap? No special prize has been worth spending points on, the most valuable thing has been the renovation kit, everything else so far has been useless garbage.

Even the raindeer padock which has been good before is crap for the future, barely any stats increase over the previous age.

perhaps that may be true IF you have completed the tech tree but not nessecary true for those that haven't.

for example i have stopped the tech tree very early in FE (i only unlocked goods then went along the top row to hover tanks) so as well as getting my no1 choice of a reno kit i have also got some FE buildings (rail gun range and 2x helium extractors) that i'm a long way from researching so its been a great event for me.

DeletedUser96901

garbage now is great
more time to collect stars

I would be disappointed if the Shrine was already available

I hope the Shrine will be available at the last day 8-)

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal

I liked getting the diamonds and the reno kit. Everyone has different goals. I'm also glad the prizes aren't wonderful everyday as I would never be able to save up enough stars to get the ones I really want. I am enjoying this winter event as I enjoyed the last one. I don't have any complaints about it at all.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
it sounds like you will need to advance to the industrial age map. you may only need to clear 2 sectors of the colonnial age to be allowed to scout again but i'm not 100% sure
Ended up like Dark Star said. Had to clear all three of remaining sectors of my last province and then the ship came for me to scout to the Industrial Age map. Will take 1 1/2 days to accomplish. Will see what provinces will be shown to scout.
This Winter Event has been great for me. Even though I was near the end of my research tree for the Colonial Age, I stopped my advance and was able to level up my GBs with forge points accumulated while playing the event. Even though I didn't really need what was offered I was able to get a reindeer paddock and a reno kit. Sadly it took me to my last pick and nearly use up all saved stars to get the reno kit but that is the luck of the draw. Hopefully something beneficial to me will show up before the end of the event and I will be able to get it. I've only played Forge of Empires for about 8 months but am having a blast. It is a great game and even though it can be frustrating at times if it was made too easy it wouldn't be fun. Only played in 2 events(Thanksgiving and now Winter) and enjoyed both. You just have to remember...IT'S ONLY A GAME! and if it's not your cup of tea find another game to play.

DeletedUser97048

I didn't even know we get extra stars just by shuffling. Till I read post #53 minutes ago. I don't see it mentioned in the announcement.
So missed out on a huge amount of stars since the start of the event. :((