• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why I don't like SAM

Powe

Brigadier-General
The AI army clearly has an algorythmic advantage of some kind. The two armies are identical so a 241/141 army should be easily able to defeat a 100/100 army every time in auto battle. I dont do battle for the reason the author states. Worked out early on that trading is a more even gameplay. Even so, the comments about the 241/141 %'s are correct.. Should be a lot higher by the time you get up on Mars. Wonder if Inno will ever let us know what boost %s in the player army are needed to equate with a 100/100 AI army.
Have you simply considered the possibility you are bad at the game?

Have you simply considered the possibility you are bad at the game?
YES ... and have you seen my comment (and the original authors) was relating to auto-battle so personal skill has nothing to do with it... the game is clearly in the AI favour when a 100/100 AI army can defeat an identical player 241/141 army in auto battle . Obviously the algorythm used needs to have a bit of random chance in it to keep auto-battles from being the same all the time but the randomness should not be so great that a 100/100 army can defeat a 241/141 army. Inno will obviously never release the info on what army is needed to equate to their 100/100 AI army as its a profit making company, not a charity and wants to keep its commercial secrets. My comment is simply that its obviously skewed very high in Inno's favour.

Powe

Brigadier-General
YES ... and have you seen my comment (and the original authors) was relating to auto-battle so personal skill has nothing to do with it... the game is clearly in the AI favour when a 100/100 AI army can defeat an identical player 241/141 army in auto battle . Obviously the algorythm used needs to have a bit of random chance in it to keep auto-battles from being the same all the time but the randomness should not be so great that a 100/100 army can defeat a 241/141 army. Inno will obviously never release the info on what army is needed to equate to their 100/100 AI army as its a profit making company, not a charity and wants to keep its commercial secrets. My comment is simply that its obviously skewed very high in Inno's favour.
Did you notice the player won in this picture?

Ceban

Brigadier-General
FE hover tanks i kill with PE conscript, SAM i kill with PME MG's, i lose up to 2 units, no more, conclusion, you prepared yourself bad for higher eras but you rushed into them.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
FE hover tanks i kill with PE conscript, SAM i kill with PME MG's, i lose up to 2 units, no more, conclusion, you prepared yourself bad for higher eras but you rushed into them.
OK, talk to me when you getting attacked by Sentinels.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Yesterday I spent 20 diamonds to get 80 ores. Bad luck but at that point you can't leave it.
Never had to spend diamonds to progress. until SAM.

It was a map battle, rogues don't work.
Rogues work fine on the map - on auto battle. And "1 Steel Warden + 7 rogues" (as suggested) work well against 8 Sentinels (+ a 2nd wave army) - if att/def boost is high enough.
I beat SAM armies easily (on auto) on the map for Mars Ore daily atm. I use 1 or 2 regular SAM units + rogues, No problem at all. My att/def boost is 609/345, Not very high for SAM, some might say, but somewhat higher than yours. And that's your problem, as it's been mentioned here a few times now. Your att/def boost is too low. It's not that the SAM armies on the map are impossible to beat or that you can't use rogues on the map.
Btw - I completed the SAM map long before reaching SAM on the tech tree. Won the battles easily with lower era troops. When I got to SAM, I didn't build any goods buildings in the colony. I get all the SAM goods I need from special/event buildings, GBs and rewards. I don't need Mars Ore to produce SAM goods. But I still collect Mars Ore, because I might need it later (for techs), and the points from the (easy!) battles are always nice, though I don't care much about rank points.

Last edited:

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Rogues work fine on the map - on auto battle. And "1 Steel Warden + 7 rogues" (as suggested) work well against 8 Sentinels (+ a 2nd wave army) - if att/def boost is high enough.
I beat SAM armies easily (on auto) on the map for Mars Ore daily atm. I use 1 or 2 regular SAM units + rogues, No problem at all. My att/def boost is 609/345, Not very high for SAM, some might say, but somewhat higher than yours. And that's your problem, as it's been mentioned here a few times now. Your att/def boost is too low. It's not that the SAM armies on the map are impossible to beat or that you can't use rogues on the map.
Btw - I completed the SAM map long before reaching SAM on the tech tree. Won the battles easily with lower era troops. When I got to SAM, I didn't build any goods buildings in the colony. I get all the SAM goods I need from special/event buildings, GBs and rewards. I don't need Mars Ore to produce SAM goods. But I still collect Mars Ore, because I might need it later (for techs), and the points from the (easy!) battles are always nice, though I don't care much about rank points.
I uploaded two videos.
This is map battle.
One on auto, the other manual. You can see on the manual that the unit does not fire on the rogues. (I won because of Virgo)
Attacking same era troops with 243% against 150% should be enough.

I uploaded two videos.
This is map battle.
One on auto, the other manual. You can see on the manual that the unit does not fire on the rogues. (I won because of Virgo)
Attacking same era troops with 243% against 150% should be enough.
I know the enemy units don't attack rogues first on the map like they do in other battles.
But you can still use rogues in map battles - ON AUTO. And win the battle.
As said, I do it daily on the SAM map for Mars Ore atm.
Problem is your att/def boost, even if you think it should be enough.

Last edited:
Reposting these two pics. Both auto battles for Mars Ore on the SAM map.
609/345 att/def. Less could probably do it though.

Udklip1.JPGUdklip2.JPG

Last edited:
You need 11500 for SAAB tech and probably more for SAV when it's released
Yeah, I know. I've got 22800 right now, gathered in a few weeks. Plenty for SAAB. But who knows how many will be needed for SAV and beyond. So might as well just keep on collecting from the map. Battles are easy :lol: and I'm staying in SAM a little while anyway.
I could jump to SAAB anytime, but I like it here. GE an GBG battles are rather easy too. so I'll just stick around and stockpile a bit, at least until after the Halloween event.

Last edited:
So what are we saying then, AI attacks them for you but not for me?!
I have no idea how the AI plays the battles. I'm not watching them. I just go full auto - and win.
Not quite true. I do lose against the large ore armies some times. But that's because I've set up a bad army. Then I set up a better army and try again and usually win in the 2nd attempt.

Last edited:

Decoder

Warrant Officer
I don't understand your troop selection there.

Use sentinels, first wave you are then only facing 2 sentinels as yours aren't attacked by artillery.

2 wave would be 8 (or 7 if you're unlucky) against 2 wardens
Yes, but at 333% ?! I have to watch my Sentinels as I can't make them yet, so I don't want them to die, sentinel is very week against wardens, specially at 333%. Another week and I can make sentinels and this will all change.
If the enemy was only 120% or so I would have tried.