• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why I don't like SAM

pharl

Corporal
Then you've got to get better at fighting with the units at hand, plus increase their attack/def. Also, think outside the box - lower age units can be more useful sometimes

iExchange

Private
I'm in Future era, and been playing FoE for like 2.5 years -- prnt.sc/usrs5u and since February '20 I've joined a guild that has x1.9 boost threads and helped me raise everything. Btw when I joined the guild, I had almost all my GBs to Lv.10 and an Arc to Lv.30 :D

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
As I said, they don't fire on rogues.
Proof.
It's not even just that. Rogues move last and only have 14 movement. They won't be able to keep up with how far SAM units can move no matter what order units are attacked in. Especially if you're using Sentinel. If you're using Rogues you have to find a way to keep the real units alive long enough for the Rogues to transform whether that be manual fighting, unit combination or just having a high enough defense for them to tank hits

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
It's been a while but from memory whatever you couldn't kill with Rockets Ninjas did a pretty decent job with on the campaign map.

Do you need mars ore to create goods? I can't remember but thought it was only needed for tech, the same with ice in SAAB
No, you don't need Mars Ore to produce SAM goods. I'm in SAM. I get all the SAM goods I need from GB's, special buildings and rewards. Never built a single goods building. I've only built residential in the Mars Colony to get "credits" needed to explore the map for Mars Ore.

You need ore to produce goods on your colony. In SAAB you need ice. It's not just for tech.
I never built goods building in the colony in SAM or SAAB, they are not needed. Event buildings and Himeji Castle rewards took care if all that, now with Space Carrier the next era will be even easier unless they come up with some cunning ploy

Edit to add i should read the remaining posts before commenting and repeating whats already been said :D

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Fight on the SAM campaign maps with AF, OF and VF units - I got through with those, but my att/def is much higher
Only Rockets are useful for me against heavy and artillery and light. But against mixed the losses are big or sentinels will just destroy them.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
It's been a while but from memory whatever you couldn't kill with Rockets Ninjas did a pretty decent job with on the campaign map.
No, takes 4 shots to kill a sentinel. Also, no trees on mars. No SAM boost (I forgot what its called)

Decoder

Warrant Officer
I never built goods building in the colony in SAM or SAAB, they are not needed. Event buildings and Himeji Castle rewards took care if all that, now with Space Carrier the next era will be even easier unless they come up with some cunning ploy

Edit to add i should read the remaining posts before commenting and repeating whats already been said :D
Trust me I have been collecting any way I can. But my point was that the design is that you should be able to get through without GBs and event buildings.
SAM needs goods on top of ore.
I spent like 3 months on the VR map to get to SAM map, otherwise I would have very little goods. I was collecting SAM goods from event buildings.
So in a way, doing the tree and stepping into SAM helped a lot.
(I am saying this because someone said I should not be in SAM yet.)

Attachments

• goods.PNG
    goods.PNG
    108.2 KB · Views: 21
the design is that you should be able to get through without GBs and event buildings.
No, the game is designed to build GB's and event buildings.
But you can challenge yourself, of course, and try to limp your way through it without. Some do...

You are stating this with a lot of authority. How come?!
No more authority in my statement than in yours :-)
But the "design" of the game contains GB's and special buildings. You're supposed to build (some of) them and upgrade them to keep up with the increasing challenges of the game.
But it's your choice, of course. You can play the game any way you like. But if you play it without GB's and special buildings, or keep the GB's at low levels, you're going to have a hard time, when you get to the higher eras. Your att/def boost will be too low, and you'll have goods shortage.
If you don't use the proper tools to get a job done (even if you have them available), the challenge of the job will become harder and more difficult, and the result may not be satisfying. It's like hammering a nail into a board with a teaspoon (even if you have a hammer available).

Last edited:

Decoder

Warrant Officer
No more authority in my statement than in yours :-)
But the "design" of the game contains GB's and special buildings. You're supposed to build (some of) them and upgrade them to keep up with the increasing challenges of the game.
But it's your choice, of course. You can play the game any way you like. But if you play it without GB's and special buildings, or keep the GB's at low levels, you're going to have a hard time, when you get to the higher eras. Your att/def boost will be too low, and you'll have goods shortage.
If you don't use the proper tools to get a job done (even if you have them available), the challenge of the job will become harder and more difficult, and the result may not be satisfying. It's like hammering a nail into a board with a teaspoon (even if you have a hammer available).
But that is my point. I do have 13 GBs between lvl 10-18 and just not enough.
Event buildings seems to worth more and more these days so I have at least 10.
But I have been playing for a long time and event buildings were not as valuable just like 2 years ago or so. So that's fine the game changes, I am saying that the main part of the game is going from age to age and that should not be depending on one thing like attack boost. I never played that game. It does take a lot of goods to negotiate stuff. 10 diamonds many times when you only have one unsolved item.
So I use both, fight and goods, but some fights are too hard and neg. may cost diamonds. Can't do both at the same time so either or.
Of cause I don't think of it as a job, as a task, I game up interest in ranking a long time ago. :)

The AI army clearly has an algorythmic advantage of some kind. The two armies are identical so a 241/141 army should be easily able to defeat a 100/100 army every time in auto battle. I dont do battle for the reason the author states. Worked out early on that trading is a more even gameplay. Even so, the comments about the 241/141 %'s are correct.. Should be a lot higher by the time you get up on Mars. Wonder if Inno will ever let us know what boost %s in the player army are needed to equate with a 100/100 AI army.